It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry drivers, both licensed to carry concealed weapons, shoot each other

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
licensed to carry concealed weapons, shoot each other

They both opened fire, killing each other

Funny as hell..
This is the world gun owners want...a new version of the wild wild west.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I want to say so much.

It's all been said before on ATS.

*shakes head*

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Can Darwin awards be given out to both of these individuals for this incident?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
yea-real funny. Im rollin.

(shakes head)

Was the purpose of this thread to try and vilify gun owners or was it to make fun of two dead people
who had anger issues?

Would you have rather they stabbed each other to death? Or perhaps beat each other over the skulls with baseball bats? How about if they played chicken with each other on the road? would that have been better for you? Would you still be laughing?

Grow up.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Not very funny, but sad. Anyways yeah there are a lot of people in this world who loose themselves. It only takes a moment of blindness sadly

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Evil_Santa
Can Darwin awards be given out to both of these individuals for this incident?

haha.... Your name suits you very well

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
just another day in the life of a you-es citizen

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Look it is easier to get a gun than it is to get a high school diploma, a car, or a job. That many many idiots own guns is no secret. That being said not all of us are idiots or nut bags who think we needs guns to fight off the government.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

It does suit me, and was actually a name given to me by people in gaming communities over 15 years ago.

Anyways - I'm an advocate for people having to take personality testing to be able to purchase handguns and assault weapons (don't try to argue on what one is/isn't). Yet the constant "That's against 'meric!!" that pro-gun advocates scream keep firearms in the hands of people like this.

Both had attended training for a CCW permit. Both passed background checks, and both clearly had underlying anger issues that could have been detected by the MMPI.

It is a tragic event, but to me i'm happy to have two less idiots in the world. What would have upset me about this story is if an innocent bystander was injured because of the actions of these two hot heads.

Statistically about 30% - 40% of the population shouldn't own firearms because of stories like this. About 1 in 5 people have a personality disorder (granted a subsection of those are more than likely to commit suicide with a firearm then shoot someone else) and then another 15% of the population are just dumb. They have a genetic deformity that causes their reward system to malfunction when they make mistakes, thus they will never learn from their mistakes.
edit on 26-9-2013 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well, at least we don't have to pay to keep one of these guys in prison. One of the guys probably started the confrontation by pulling his gun. It appears it was the guy who was tailgating the other guy that started the problem. We do not know all the facts, this could have been a continuation of an earlier argument also.
edit on 26-9-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

Ok, your comment genuinely made me laugh

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Onslaught2996

Funny as hell..

Funny though that the murder rate was higher in New York City than in any 'wild west' town.
In Abilene, Ellsworth, Wichita, Dodge City and Caldwell combined, some of the roughest "wild west towns", from 1870 to 1885 (15 years) there were 45 homicides. Around 1 per 100000 per year.
In 2007 alone: DC= 183 murders (31 per 100000); NY=494 (6 per 100000) murders....

Back "then" everyone had a gun, and now the places with the strictest gun laws, very few have a gun.
Do the math.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This is neither funny nor what gun owners want. You embarrass me. The vast majority of people with a concealed pistol license are the most law abiding folks out there, and would rather run from a fight than finish it.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
When you have a gun, you can be a bad ass... you'll show the other guy. Yep, that'll show him you mean business. You're tough stuff who knows how to handle a situation.

Oh wait, no... you're dead.

The other guy was a bad ass too.

WAS being the operative word.

I'm not saying having guns as protection is wrong. I'm saying it's pretty damn obvious that it's just as likely that the other person will also have a gun... Now what?

A duel, obviously.

Horribly amusing.

Really, is your right to have a gun an equalizer? Or a nullifier?

What difference will it make when we all have guns?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I have to ask... which situation is most likely to result in crime:
A) Person walks into a store carrying an illegally obtained gun, knowing that no one else is 'legally' carrying a gun and proceeds to perpetrate a crime.
B) Person walks into a store carrying an illegally obtained gun, knowing everyone in the store might be carrying a 'legal' gun and proceeds to perpetrate a crime.
C) Person walks into a store carrying an illegally obtained gun, sees 4 people with exposed side arms, buys a pack of gum and leaves.

???

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This story points out the flaw in the system even though they both dotted all the I`s, crossed all the T`s, jumped through all the hoops to legally own and carry the system will never be able to weed out people who aren`t mentally stable enough to own a firearm.
allowing people to legally own and carry fire arms is a game of russian roulette,no amount of safeguards will be able to weed out the mentally unstable from legally owning fire arms but that shouldn`t mean that nobody should be allowed to legally own them.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Onslaught2996

Funny as hell..

First the "wild wild west" wasn't as "wild" as you may think. Hollywood made it so; but history says otherwise. Second, I would guarantee that, as a responsible gun owner, no one will condone the actions of these two.

Your premise is false, considering that it would have happen otherwise even if they were not licensed to carry. Such a license did not grant them the ability nor the wherewith all to be idiots.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

abecedarian
I have to ask... which situation is most likely to result in crime:
A) Person walks into a store carrying an illegally obtained gun, knowing that no one else is 'legally' carrying a gun and proceeds to perpetrate a crime.
B) Person walks into a store carrying an illegally obtained gun, knowing everyone in the store might be carrying a 'legal' gun and proceeds to perpetrate a crime.
C) Person walks into a store carrying an illegally obtained gun, sees 4 people with exposed side arms, buys a pack of gum and leaves.

???

Now, there you have a point... but this is not going to stop people from using them to try to look like a bad ass where now two people are dead. There will still be a problem and the problem is ingrained into society, with or without guns. The attitude it gives people is the real shame and unfortunately, attitudes cannot be regulated.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

NotAnAspie
When you have a gun, you can be a bad ass... you'll show the other guy. Yep, that'll show him you mean business. You're tough stuff who knows how to handle a situation.

Oh wait, no... you're dead.

The other guy was a bad ass too.

So is operating a 1 ton vehicle no? I mean, they both had the means, regardless of their arms, to maim or kill the other person...

Really, is your right to have a gun an equalizer? Or a nullifier?

What difference will it make when we all have guns?

What difference is it when we all are not allowed to have guns because we believe in the law, but those who do not, still obtain them?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
An armed society is obviously a polite society.

This is a perfect example of that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join