It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh lord... why me??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Post-pubescent male adolescents are not children. The scandal was homosexual. Thank the Lord this is
coming to light against the pro-sodomy times we live in and even Catholics who praise the homosexual agenda.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

can we stay on topic here?

Theres plenty of threads around here to debate the gay issue... please take this there

JAK

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ok, feel free to make a thread on anything else but this thread was authored to discuss the matter outlined here.

Conversation may stray a little here and there of course but the theme should be Akragon's dilemma.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
So Akragon ... will you be going to church with her? It's a major part of her life. She's going to ask .. a lot. (she's going to try to save you ... it's a girl fantasy to save a 'bad boy') Will you be able to sit there and listen to stories about Noahs Ark and Adam and Eve, knowing full well they are just myths? Will you be able to sit through a minister telling people what to do based on those myths and that God wants them to behave a certain way? She's going to ask your opinion. Are you prepared??

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

FlyersFan
So Akragon ... will you be going to church with her? It's a major part of her life. She's going to ask .. a lot. (she's going to try to save you ... it's a girl fantasy to save a 'bad boy') Will you be able to sit there and listen to stories about Noahs Ark and Adam and Eve, knowing full well they are just myths? Will you be able to sit through a minister telling people what to do based on those myths and that God wants them to behave a certain way? She's going to ask your opinion. Are you prepared??

this all depends on the outcome of this little situation really... I've only been talking to her for 6 days...

I've seen her a grand total of 17 hours approx.

And I know she doesn't trust my side of the story, but she keeps her temper very well... When we were actually together talking she was getting sooo mad her face was turning red.. LoL

What I can tell is this... I don't know her very well, but if she is who I've been praying for... i would go to the ends of the earth for her...

Do you think church is much of an obstacle?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Let me give you a recommendation- I am a male and a Christian. Should you decide to pursue the relationship, there will be some major issues. I don't want to tell you that it can't work, but I feel there is a high probability that it won't. If she really is a committed Christian, then she will want to have many conversations related to Christian beliefs/the church/etc. and she will want you to actively go to church with her. Even if you are nice in the way you address her beliefs, a fundamental rift will be created between you two. She will have a desire to see you become a Christian (p.s. all Christians desire for others to become Christians), yet you express no desire to do so.

If your mind is not entirely made up regarding your religious beliefs or lack thereof, who knows, she may open up your mind to new experiences. In my experience though, young females who are "fundamental" Christians do not tend to be open to alternative viewpoints.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

jburg6
Let me give you a recommendation- I am a male and a Christian. Should you decide to pursue the relationship, there will be some major issues. I don't want to tell you that it can't work, but I feel there is a high probability that it won't. If she really is a committed Christian, then she will want to have many conversations related to Christian beliefs/the church/etc. and she will want you to actively go to church with her. Even if you are nice in the way you address her beliefs, a fundamental rift will be created between you two. She will have a desire to see you become a Christian (p.s. all Christians desire for others to become Christians), yet you express no desire to do so.

If your mind is not entirely made up regarding your religious beliefs or lack thereof, who knows, she may open up your mind to new experiences. In my experience though, young females who are "fundamental" Christians do not tend to be open to alternative viewpoints.

Well that just happens to be my favorite topic of discussion...

I am more then happy to except her beliefs... and would not say no to anything if she asked it of me...

And again, im not trying to change her... Only open her eyes... and I've also fully accepted the fact that this might not work anyways... IF that is the case, God brought me to her for a different reason...

And there are plenty of fish in the sea my friend

edit on 30-9-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Akragon

If she's any type of fundamentalist christian .... yes.

Akragon
im not trying to change her... Only open her eyes...

... which will change her. So yes .. you are trying to change her.
And she's going to try to change you. 'save you' from your bad self.
Sorry. But that's what I see here ....

edit on 10/1/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Akragon

If she's any type of fundamentalist christian .... yes.

Akragon
im not trying to change her... Only open her eyes...

... which will change her. So yes .. you are trying to change her.
And she's going to try to change you. 'save you' from your bad self.
Sorry. But that's what I see here ....

edit on 10/1/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

IF she refuses what I say, we'll always have something to discuss

I accept her exactly how she is... IF she doesn't see what see within the good book, that's fine...

I'll always be amused either way

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No way go find someone your own age. And go find a non christian. My parents got divorced when I was 12 for the exact reasons your describing. My mother was a fundimentalist, father was confused and didn't care. So it was a huge rift in there marriage. Trust me, just move on. Like imagine this...I grew up with 2 loving parents which I'm greatful for. But because of the problems they slept in separate beds, they weren't in love anymore, they never hugged, never kissed, never did anything a normal loving couple does. So I got to grow up around parents that were at best...friends. But then they argued a lot. So trust me, if you're not going to convert you should find a non christian. And don't think she's going to un convert. It just doesn't happen. Like man I would never wish the sheat I had to go threw on my worst enemy. I really foocked me up in a lot of ways never growing up seeing what a loving couple is suppose to be like. So for the sake of your unborn MOVE ON! Also if she wants to pursue her faith and you have no interest in that why confuse her or hold her back. Or if you do like her why not try and embrace her faith. Don't wait for the hurst to take you to church dude ha ha.
edit on 1-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

And don't think she's going to un convert. It just doesn't happen.

It happens all the time. I'm an example.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

And don't think she's going to un convert. It just doesn't happen.

It happens all the time. I'm an example.

You're a girl who converted because your boyfriend talked you out of it?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

No, I'm a former Christian who "unconverted" from Christianity. Pretty sure that's what he was saying, that Christians don't "unconvert", which is a misinformed opinion.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
What it seems amusing now it will become in time annoying, then hostility to anything related to this subject. It will be harder and harder to find subjects of discussion without stepping on each other's nerves . A lot of hard feelings as each of you will feel that the other one doesn't understand him. Even if there is a lot of love, both of you will long at some point for someone who share the same beliefs.
I know all that from experience.
Save yourself a lot of heartache and find someone who thinks like you. It's the most important thing on the long run.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

spartacus699
reply to post by Akragon

No way go find someone your own age. And go find a non christian. My parents got divorced when I was 12 for the exact reasons your describing. My mother was a fundimentalist, father was confused and didn't care. So it was a huge rift in there marriage. Trust me, just move on. Like imagine this...I grew up with 2 loving parents which I'm greatful for. But because of the problems they slept in separate beds, they weren't in love anymore, they never hugged, never kissed, never did anything a normal loving couple does. So I got to grow up around parents that were at best...friends. But then they argued a lot. So trust me, if you're not going to convert you should find a non christian. And don't think she's going to un convert. It just doesn't happen. Like man I would never wish the sheat I had to go threw on my worst enemy. I really foocked me up in a lot of ways never growing up seeing what a loving couple is suppose to be like. So for the sake of your unborn MOVE ON! Also if she wants to pursue her faith and you have no interest in that why confuse her or hold her back. Or if you do like her why not try and embrace her faith. Don't wait for the hurst to take you to church dude ha ha.

spartacus,

This is what I meant by being unevenly yoked. It is a Cross. Catholics believe in offering their suffering
to God for their soul and the soul of others, loved ones and strangers. One day you will meet the people
you helped get to Heaven. But, you have to make the offering so do it...in a prayer.

Offer you childhood years for your folks or whoever....

I am so sorry about your parents, in our times seems to be the norm instead of unusual. God knows
what you experienced. Pray for your Mom and Dad, they love you even if they themselves had trouble.

love,

colbe

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by adjensen

No, I'm a former Christian who "unconverted" from Christianity. Pretty sure that's what he was saying, that Christians don't "unconvert", which is a misinformed opinion.

So if you unconverted, why did you feel you needed to somehow stop believing? Did you find some better option? I just find it very odd. Like I know for a fact I could try stop believing, I know I'd just be lying to myself, but even if I tried, I know that wouldn't work for very long. God shows up in my dreams he has for a long long time. So I know he's real. To somehow thing I'd stop believing I think is impossible. This life is short, the next is not. There's no time left to worry about this life, we have to be ready at all times.
edit on 2-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

colbe

spartacus699
reply to post by Akragon

spartacus,

This is what I meant by being unevenly yoked. It is a Cross. Catholics believe in offering their suffering
to God for their soul and the soul of others, loved ones and strangers. One day you will meet the people
you helped get to Heaven. But, you have to make the offering so do it...in a prayer.

Offer you childhood years for your folks or whoever....

I am so sorry about your parents, in our times seems to be the norm instead of unusual. God knows
what you experienced. Pray for your Mom and Dad, they love you even if they themselves had trouble.

love,

colbe

Thank you for the kind words. There's far worse things in life that could happen to a person along the way.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Stop believing in what exactly? God? I didn't stop believing in God, I just dropped Christianity's version of God. I am no atheist, in fact I'd say I have an even stronger belief in God since unconverting from Christianity.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join