It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh lord... why me??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Thank you my friend, everyones opinion is relevant... Well mostly everyone...

I can only respect her beliefs as I respect everyone's alike...

I just dislike seeing someone I care about so brainwashed by their religion they opt to believe in utter nonsence... but again, if that is what she chooses so be it.

Shes a country girl... someone who hasn't been ruined by the world...its so rare to meet someone like that these days... perhaps shes a little naïve as well because of that upbringing but that only makes her more special to me...

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Pretend you love God to get in her pants,man. How hard is that? I promise you will not go to hell. Could be worst things,like priests playing diddly-winks with boys.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

kdog1982
reply to post by Akragon

Pretend you love God to get in her pants,man. How hard is that? I promise you will not go to hell. Could be worst things,like priests playing diddly-winks with boys.

haha... you're bad

I do love God, I don't need to pretend... Im just not sure I can ruin her beliefs...

I already took her for a ride with that today... but shes still talking to me so...

We shall see...

edit on 27-9-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Akragon

kdog1982
reply to post by Akragon

haha... you're bad

I do love God, I don't need to pretend... Im just not sure I can destroy her beliefs...

I already took her for a ride with that today... but shes still talking to me so...

We shall see...

Yes,I know I am bad,but can you be?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

kdog1982

Akragon

kdog1982
reply to post by Akragon

haha... you're bad

I do love God, I don't need to pretend... Im just not sure I can destroy her beliefs...

We shall see...

Yes,I know I am bad,but can you be?

No... Its just not me...

I have my faults... I smoke, I drink... shes doesn't like either of those...

Which means I might have to give them up if things go the right way... then again perhaps I can bring her to the dark side... whilst bringing her to the light

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Akragon
Yes... she is trying to change me... swares up and down im headed to hell...

There ya' go. Like I said .... She thinks you are the 'bad boy' that she has to save from himself. And if she saves you, you'll be forever grateful and in love with her. (This is a girl fantasy). And the boy fantasy is to take a good girl and be the one to dirty her up (like on Grease).

she didn't know who she was dealing with... but it was very cute.

Right now it's 'cute'.
As time goes by she'll become more shrill ... and it won't be 'cute' anymore.
It'll just get on your nerves.
edit on 9/27/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Ok, easy for me to say, since we're talking about you and not me, but here goes:

Attraction- that feeling of 'in love' is a biological trick to get you to procreate. Your hormones, the culprit, could care less about logic and different belief systems. They just want you to continue your lineage, and to h*ll with the consequences! One day, if the relationship takes off, the 'in love' feeling will cool and you will find out if you are really compatible with her on a personal (vs. physical) level. It's a gamble- always is, no matter what the differences are. (And there are ALWAYS differences, just not always religious in nature.) We humans become drugged by our own hormones, and tell ourselves the differences don't matter- that we can make it work. When the hormones calm down, we find out whether we were right or not, because even the 'cute little quirks' we initially love about a person become aggravating traits that get on our last nerve! Funny how that works but that's humanity for ya.

No one can predict whether this girl is 'for you' or not!!! So I'm not gonna say RUN AWAY or stay and give it a go... you may as well toss a coin, my friend! I do wish you the best.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
*grin* most amusing thread Akra
soooo.... you met the girl who s able to Tame you...huh ?

perhaps, its the "respect for feminine" that is so attractive ?

- it IS.

good luck
stay Courteous

[ ... now i m curious... whó could be this interesting female...? ] : )

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Lone12
*grin* most amusing thread Akra
soooo.... you met the girl who s able to Tame you...huh ?

perhaps, its the "respect for feminine" that is so attractive ?

- it IS.

good luck
stay Courteous

[ ... now i m curious... whó could be this interesting female...? ] : )

Im already pretty tame honestly... I've been through my wild days long ago...

And I can definitely afford to lose a few bad habits...

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

There ya' go. Like I said .... She thinks you are the 'bad boy' that she has to save from himself. And if she saves you, you'll be forever grateful and in love with her. (This is a girl fantasy). And the boy fantasy is to take a good girl and be the one to dirty her up (like on Grease).

Hmm... in love. I don't like that word when it comes to women...

Theres very few things im afraid of in this world... but that scares me to death.

Right now it's 'cute'.
As time goes by she'll become more shrill ... and it won't be 'cute' anymore.
It'll just get on your nerves.

I don't annoy easily... I've been told I have the patients of a saint many times as well...

99% of the time if someone is mad at me... I just smile, I find it amusing because theres rarely a reason to be mad... Ya sometimes things in life piss you off... but if you just sit back and let it go... One will find that whatever it was that upset you... really didn't matter that much to begin with

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

oh this is the sweetest thread I have read on ATS

I am very much enjoying it

thank you for posting

you must be a very decent male for such a serious, tender girl to like you so much

I have the feeling God is enjoying you both very much

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

sincerely,
all the best to you both

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

"When she has nothing to say about my... lets call it my corrections about her faith... her best answer is "I don't have all the answers, so we should just trust in Gods word"

Reading of her background....

If only people would put two and two together. If your dear friend "doesn't have all the answers" how can she trust the Bible, God's written word for the answers? The Bible is not self interpreting. She may interpret one verse, 100 verses incorrectly.

She is back to square one.

As the Gospel states, God left an authority to interpret the written Word, the "church." The same
Church who gave the world the Bible. Who was that....the Roman Catholic Church. Pope Damasus
canonized Scripture in 382 A.D.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
With 20/20 hindsight (that is useless when dealing with situations when they are happening) you will be able to pinpoint the exact reason why this relationship will not 'work' under its present form...

The power dynamic described is an untimed bomb waiting to go off...you will forever regret the manipulation, where your supposed significant other could not even come half-way...

You will rise to your own level, and so will she...

Give it up as just another crush...

Å99

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

... her best answer is "I don't have all the answers, so we should just trust in Gods word"
When I hear that sort of reply, it usually means, 'Don't talk to me about what it "really" means, I believe that God said it right in the King James version.'

As for 'relationship', you might want to keep a degree of skepticism, where it may an inclination to try to "save" people.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

kdog1982
reply to post by Akragon

Do not take this advise, even secularists, atheists can see the fruit of using women for sex. The immorality
and the physical consequences. Makes you want to cry, the terrible destruction of the family.

All the SEXUAL SINS are mortal. God made sex for marriage and for procreation, both, not for selfish gratification.

The Blessed Mother told Lucia, the main Fatima seer, more souls fall into Hell because of sins of impurity
(sexual sins) than any other.

Get right with God, with true contrition confess your sexual sins to God. Catholics have to do more, they must go to Confession.

God bless you kdog,

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

kdog1982
reply to post by Akragon

Bring up the priest scandal for umpteenth time. The priest scandal was homosexual NOT pedophile, post-pubescent male adolescents. The media reported it as pedophile because they approve of sodomy.

Only a small percentage of priests were accused but if you hate the Church you accuse all priests.

Billy Graham's grandson speaks out concerning the sexual abuse in Protestantism:

September 26, 2013

www.religionnews.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

colbe
The priest scandal was homosexual NOT pedophile, post-pubescent male adolescents. The media reported it as pedophile because they approve of sodomy.

- The abuse was of male children.
- Homosexuals are not attracted to children. Only adults.
- Pedophiles are attracted to children. Not to adults.

BIG DIFFERENCE between homosexuals and pedophiles.

Some scandal was homosexual or heterosexual in nature.

The vast majority of sexual scandal in the Catholic church was PEDOPHILE.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Acceptance is the highest form of love, and absolute uncertainty is a very high state of being.

Your approach smacks of a certain arrogance.

Why not let her be herself and celebrate her personal style of faith with her?

Why does everyone have to change the other person to suit their own ideas and conceptions I don't get that..

There's some serious irony here in regards to the issue of tolerance/intollerance.

Is she willing to honor and accept your more liberal interpretations..?

edit on 30-9-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

NewAgeMan
reply to post by Akragon

Acceptance is the highest form of love, and absolute uncertainty is a very high state of being.

Your approach smacks of a certain arrogance.

Why not let her be herself and celebrate her personal style of faith with her?

Why does everyone have to change the other person to suit their own ideas and conceptions I don't get that..

There's some serious irony here in regards to the issue of tolerance/intollerance.

Is she willing to honor and accept your more liberal interpretations..?

edit on 30-9-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

Hey good to see ya man... I don't know what your issue Is with me lately, but why would you think I had anything but good intentions?

I do accept her beliefs as they are... but you just have to understand where im coming from here...

Example: She believes humans walked with dinosaurs... She believes in a young earth...

She sees no issue with a talking snake...

I can accept her beliefs... if she wants to believe these things shes free to do so... but I can't help but point out certain things that make no sense...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join