It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N: Global warming crisis overblown

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

But I did read it...

Show me and be honest. We were discussing the paper before (the one you never read) and it became clear you had no idea what i was talking about.

You were defending the climate models and the IPCC projections, based on an article that has told you they're right on track. Now it's really the kids table...

Here's part of what i wrote back then ...

Frame et al., both assumed and concluded that, "greenhouse-gas-induced warming is largely overwhelming the other forcings, which are only of secondary importance on the 20-year timescale".

link to thread

Overestimation. We will hear this a lot in the next time.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Has anybody actually read the OP link ?

If so, please post it.

The OP link is a dead end link and hasn't been edited.
_____

I think the entire global warming scam is just for money.

The 'science' is too philosophical and based on Idealism.

Those carbon credit markets trade $Billion$

It's a scam.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Cynic
reply to post by 1104light

I gave them already.
As to going home, what gave you that idea.
Don't let it be said that I chose to run away, I am still here.

You must not be able to read. I never said you were going home. If you want to pout like a child, do it elsewhere. I am not begging you to give me something you do not have, cannot find, and now lie about having posted.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Actually you did state that...

1104light

Gonna take your ball and go home now or just stay and spoil it for everyone? Look, I like facts. Why that pisses you off is way beyond me.

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

If you bothered to read my post to Kali several posts back, you will see that I posted a single link that was ridiculed and ignored. and could post others but I doubt you would read them either.
As to pouting, hardly.
You rant very well though, it must be time for your nap.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

1104light

My reply was not to you, it was to Jdub. It even says so in the post so speaking of not being on the same planet.... I replied to someone else and you did not get it? Odd. Maybe the person I replied to got it though. You should worry more about making sense out of simple words.

I read your reply to ME, and then read your reply to JDub, and then I quoted your reply to Jdubs post to cover BOTH angles. If i really have to explain that, then I feel sorry for you.
Being as you like to use derogatory language I will join you.
You sir are an idiot, you are a troll trying to get an emotional response, because your logic is non-existent.
If you cannot remember your own comments I would say it is you that has the problem.
Now if you cant make sense out of your own words then how on earth do you expect anyone else to.

Now out of courtesy to the thread OP and topic, I will leave you to your drivel. Sense is wasted on you.
Dont bother replying, I dont want to hear what you have to say anymore, id rather converse with chimps, they make more sense.

edit on 20139America/Chicago09pm9pmWed, 18 Sep 2013 14:51:15 -05000913 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Cynic

If you bothered to read my post to Kali several posts back, you will see that I posted a single link that was ridiculed and ignored. and could post others but I doubt you would read them either.
As to pouting, hardly.

I did and not a single one showed me how much money Gore made from this supposed scam he is running. Hell, you argued that you could not provide any such thing and now you want to claim you already did. Cool, edit that snippet out and show me because I read it and it is not in there.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

OneManArmy

I read your reply to ME, and then read your reply to JDub, and then I quoted your reply to Jdubs post to cover BOTH angles. If i really have to explain that, then I feel sorry for you.
Being as you like to use derogatory language I will join you.
You sir are an idiot, you are a troll trying to get an emotional response, because your logic is non-existent.
If you cannot remember your own comments I would say it is you that has the problem.
Now if you cant make sense out of your own words then how on earth do you expect anyone else to.

Now out of courtesy to the thread OP and topic, I will leave you to your drivel. Sense is wasted on you.
Dont bother replying, I dont want to hear what you have to say anymore, id rather converse with chimps, they make more sense.

edit on 20139America/Chicago09pm9pmWed, 18 Sep 2013 14:51:15 -05000913 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

Since I never called you any names, I now see just how mature you are. You got confused and asked me why I was asking someone else something, got called out, and resorted to name calling. Good show! You must make ATS proud.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Al Gore = Big Money and big financial investments.

All connected to the global scams.

Mr. GreenJeans himself

Former Vice President Al Gore thought he had spotted a winner last year when a small California firm sought financing for an energy-saving technology from the venture capital firm where Mr. Gore is a partner.

The company, Silver Spring Networks, produces hardware and software to make the electricity grid more efficient. It came to Mr. Gore’s firm, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, one of Silicon Valley’s top venture capital providers, looking for $75 million to expand its partnerships with utilities seeking to install millions of so-called smart meters in homes and businesses.

Mr. Gore and his partners decided to back the company, and in gratitude Silver Spring retained him and John Doerr, another Kleiner Perkins partner, as unpaid corporate advisers.

The deal appeared to pay off in a big way last week, when the Energy Department announced $3.4 billion in smart grid grants. Of the total, more than $560 million went to utilities with which Silver Spring has contracts. Kleiner Perkins and its partners, including Mr. Gore, could recoup their investment many times over in coming years.

NYT: Al Gore Making A Fortune Spreading Global Warming Hysteria

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I did not say Al made a fortune on it. What I did say is that he flogged his movie and to be transparent with any profits by donating them in their entirety to the Third World. It's called accountability.

I also wondered aloud if he had purchased enough Carbon Credits to offset his jet setting ways. I think not. He is a politician with an agenda, Agenda 21 in fact. It was designed by TPTB (ie. the UN) to guilt the public into throwing money at problem they have no control over and to feel good about doing it. Talk about having your cake and eating it too!

The major fly in the ointment is that the general public is not as gullible as they thought and the politicos are scrambling and running for cover. That's probably why Al has been hiding and no longer publicly cries out that we must heed the horror of AGW. Pffft.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

AndyMayhew
However changes in atmospheric composition (Greenhouse effect) and wider landuse changes have only really come into play in the past 150 years, accelerating though the later part of the 20th century.

How much though was and is the accuracy of data gathering in the first instance. Dodgy satellite information, dodgy HA balloon information, dodgy ground station data, vast areas of climatic variations and small knowledge of same. knowledge of periods in the distant past of times just as warm or warmer played down. What they need to do now is to go into revision of everything that has been covered in the past. They also need a whole new data gathering infrastructure, (if the will is there) on the ground and in the air, (why not a weather station in every houshold, just a few bucks) that also means people are taking part, as NASA does with their asteroid watch programme. Fancy computer modelling is all well and good, but no good if what you put in as good as useless.

This Telegraph piece explains pretty well what to expect from now on, and as I read it, it means everything has to be put on hold for some time to come.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by talklikeapirat

Show me and be honest. We were discussing the paper before (the one you never read) and it became clear you had no idea what i was talking about.

As I said then, I hadn't noticed the name and thought you were referring to a different paper and to be quite frank you are either confusing as hell or we speak entirely different versions of english than one another. I read the paper then, just hadn't noted all the names. I explained that in my last post in that thread to which you never replied. I still don't understand what you were going on about then. The "look back" noted that the temperature record fell within range of the IPCC FAR. As far as this new paper you're talking about I'm not sure yet how accurate it is.
edit on 18-9-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Cynic

As to pouting, hardly.

It was ridiculed but not ignore, I commented on the article as well as a couple of papers authored by the guy the article was about, including the one the article was about. I've pointed that out to twice now. You can pretend all you like that you're ignoring a troll but anyone with eyes can go back and see that what you're actually doing is running from debate... again.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Cynic

IThe major fly in the ointment is that the general public is not as gullible as they thought and the politicos are scrambling and running for cover.

I can agree with that, people are not stupoids, busy as they are trying to get on with their lives. However, it will be interesting to see what the 1,600 questions that have been tabled by the politicos are about, they or their experts have obviously seen the draft, (what is it first or second amendment?) there is bound to be a split in the politcal camps on both sides of the debate since political careers and credibility take precedence over all else.
It will be interesting too what the BBC comes out with, after all a big tax honeypot makes things easier for them, enough for them to tell a porky or two in the past.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You're confused because you still pretend you understand the science well enough to discuss it with other that do. I'm sure you understood that.

Assessment of the first consensus prediction on climate change

This is the paper, you've never read it.

You have no idea how climate models really work. You better don't engage in discussions about it until you do.

edit on 18-9-2013 by talklikeapirat because: omg

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

talklikeapirat

You have no idea how climate models really work. You better don't engage in discussions about it until you do.

Or rather how they DONT work. Tis a small but important difference.
A program or "computer model" is only as good as the programmer that wrote the program, and the variables that go in, to produce the output that comes out.

I have been a programmer since I was 12 on a zx spectrum. I might not understand scientific claptrap, but I do know how computer programs work.

I know you wasnt talking to me, but I thought it worth mentioning.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

xuenchen
Al Gore = Big Money and big financial investments.

All connected to the global scams.

Mr. GreenJeans himself

Former Vice President Al Gore thought he had spotted a winner last year when a small California firm sought financing for an energy-saving technology from the venture capital firm where Mr. Gore is a partner.

The company, Silver Spring Networks, produces hardware and software to make the electricity grid more efficient. It came to Mr. Gore’s firm, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, one of Silicon Valley’s top venture capital providers, looking for $75 million to expand its partnerships with utilities seeking to install millions of so-called smart meters in homes and businesses.

Mr. Gore and his partners decided to back the company, and in gratitude Silver Spring retained him and John Doerr, another Kleiner Perkins partner, as unpaid corporate advisers.

The deal appeared to pay off in a big way last week, when the Energy Department announced $3.4 billion in smart grid grants. Of the total, more than $560 million went to utilities with which Silver Spring has contracts. Kleiner Perkins and its partners, including Mr. Gore, could recoup their investment many times over in coming years.

NYT: Al Gore Making A Fortune Spreading Global Warming Hysteria

How much of this money went into Gore's pockets? When grants are given to build things, the money is not pocketed and then the things are built by magic. Show me numbers.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

SloAnPainful

I at least laid out some facts for you to consider. All you have done is demand people to do research for you and provide numbers that are impossible to know the exact figures... I'm not wasting my time replying to your posts any longer.

-SAP-

This is what asking people to back up the claims they make on ATS gets you.
Then Cynic runs around telling everyone he is not here to help, calls them trolls and offers nothing.

Is this what you all consider discussing things?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Cynic

I did not say Al made a fortune on it. What I did say is that he flogged his movie and to be transparent with any profits by donating them in their entirety to the Third World. It's called accountability.

You said it was a scam to get us out of our money. Where did that money go and how much was it?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

1104light

Cynic

As to pouting, hardly.

I did and not a single one showed me how much money Gore made from this supposed scam he is running. Hell, you argued that you could not provide any such thing and now you want to claim you already did. Cool, edit that snippet out and show me because I read it and it is not in there.

Get real. I never once said Al made big dollars. What I said was there is no transparency.
There's a big difference.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join