It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange worldwide "noises" from the sky, planetary harmonics and our solar system sailing through

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by flipflop

Thanks for sharing. After reading through all of the comments I was surprised at how many members have been experiencing these strange sounds lately and it only seems to be getting more frequent.
I have yet to hear the strange sounds for myself but I have my fingers crossed

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnmitigatedDisaster

Originally posted by Unplugged
The Terrace BC sounds were caused by industrial machinery. Confirmed by local news.

The phenomena of strange sounds is real though in most cases and extremely intriguing.

Thanks for that - it's exactly what it sounded like to me (hence my link). Glad to see a logical explanation for it.

Please stop being so naive and accepting a government explanation and you don't even have to understand heavy machinery to figure that their comments were complete BS.

Here is a quote from another thread I posted about the City in Canada recently.

now.msn.com...

While theories abound, city rep Alisa Thompson explained that the mystery sounds were a city worker grinding a blade on a grader. "The grader blade needed to be straightened … and it makes a very strange noise. It's as simple as that." Thompson did admit it sounded "like some kind of epic battle between a Kermode (bear) and (a) UFO, with Sasquatch and maybe a whale thrown in there. That would be great for local tourism."

Source

The city was asked to reproduce the same sound, and was even offered money to do it, but everyone at city hall went silent because they did not produce the sound originally.

And when a grader blade is bent, you unbend it because no amount of grinding will straighten a bent blade.

that's like a doctor saying he will shave off a few layers of your broken arm to straighten it.

Let's use a bit of common sense here.

edit on 6-9-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

A link to the story explaining the noise:

City officials offer explanation for noise

On Friday afternoon city spokesperson Alisa Thompson said she had a simpler explanation — it was a city worker grinding down the blade on a grader.

"The grader blade needed to be straightened. Kind of gets ground down, and it makes a very strange noise. It's as simple as that," said Thompson.

"The video, the YouTube video, is actually right around the corner from the arena, and that's where our employee was doing the straightening."

Thompson said the city will try to replicate the sound and prove it was the grader this afternoon, although she admits she likes the more creative explanations better.

Well this seems to be pretty conclusive. The fact that it was in an arena explains the reverb effect and nearby explains the decibel level.

Of course that is just one...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Please stop being so naive and accepting a government explanation and you don't even have to understand heavy machinery to figure that their comments where complete BS.

Here is a quote from another thread I posted about the City in Canada recently.

now.msn.com...

While theories abound, city rep Alisa Thompson explained that the mystery sounds were a city worker grinding a blade on a grader. "The grader blade needed to be straightened … and it makes a very strange noise. It's as simple as that." Thompson did admit it sounded "like some kind of epic battle between a Kermode (bear) and (a) UFO, with Sasquatch and maybe a whale thrown in there. That would be great for local tourism."

Source

The city was asked to reproduce the same sound, and was even offered money to do it, but everyone at city hall went silent because they did not produce the sound originally.

And when a grader blade is bent, you unbend it because no amount of grinding will straighten a bent blade.

that's like a doctor saying he will shave off a few layers of your broken arm to straighten it.

Let's use a bit of common sense here.

First off please refer to the parts where I said I did not fully believe their explanation. If I believed everything I was told I wouldn't be on ATS
However, not looking at all the possible solutions, including what officially is stated, is willful ignorance when trying to determine the cause of something unexplained.

Secondly do you think a city spokesperson is going to know the difference between a bent blade, dull blade, or otherwise? Assuming, for a moment, that the report was accurate, that person probably has no knowledge of the process in regrinding a blade for a grader. So they use the terms they understand or words they just string together for the purpose of their announcement.

This would not be the first, third, or fifty-millionth time in human history where someone said something that other people know would be inaccurate to the field, but it passes muster for the rest of people.

I took a look at Terrac BC and there are several areas where I could see this kind of work being performed. The land appears relatively flat, so the sound could carry well. However I'll admit I don't think refraction or reflection would cause it to change dramatically in pitch. AND as I've said numerous times, the sound is very reminiscent of heavy loads of metal moving against or on metal.

Terrace BC

By the way, Occam's Razor would dictate that "common sense" so far indicates it was more likely the spokesperson's story than some planetary super event, but before you get all up in arms, again: that does not mean I am assuming this is case closed for the phenomena as a whole.

edit on 6-9-2013 by UnmitigatedDisaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Never seen a UFO, never seen a ghost, have never seen Bigfoot, but I did hear these sounds in the Midwest last year. Sounded like a metallic banging sound. Stopped me in my tracks. I don't think they are supernatural, I buy the theory that they are caused by solar wind or earth moving through a cosmic cloud or something like that.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I don't know could it be the earths core, tectonic plates shifting slightly and caused by friction because we keep taking all the oil out of the earth ??? Well it is just a thought, saying that though I guess there would have been an earthquake somewhere ?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I had followed this topic extensively when it first broke around 2011/early 2012. I spent weeks keeping an ear out in my hometown in northern nj in hopes I'd hear it too. But i was doubtful as where I live is densely populated, near a major aiport, and just full of noise pollution. Low and behold, one night in january 2012 around 1230 am I was outside smoking a cigarette and I heard noises exactly like what everyone had been posting/discussing. It took about 5 minutes of continuous sound for me to realize it wasn't a plane and when I really listened I heard low steady grumblings puncutated with this metallic whining and grinding noises. It went on for at least 20-30 minutes. Very strange indeed to hear for yourself. since then I haven't paid much attention but I like this theory OP put forth.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by dustytoad
reply to post by angelchemuel

. Nothing I have ever heard in my life sounded like that. It was like the sound was coming straight into my brain, not into my ears. I couldn't tell a direction it was coming from except up..

This is a very interesting comment, in fact, one of the most interesting on this thread and about this particular subject because I have heard similar comments from other people that have experienced the sounds.

Really? Could you point me to more examples of this?

I used to meditate a lot and sometimes I could hear human consciousness coming out of the front of people's faces.. That wasn't really a sound that you could hear, but to me it sounded like EEEEEEEE!! This world sound is similar to that in a way, but it feels scary. I don't know if it's bad or good, or if it's a bad thing that turns out good, or if it's a good thing that turns out bad, but it feels very scary.

I get the sense that being born at this time was an endeavor in which I may have bit off more than I can chew.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Willtell
"The trumpet will be sounded, when all that is in the heavens and the earth will swoon away,
Qur'an 39:68)

Maybe?!

Could be, and maybe we are about to cross. Cross a plane, and die on the cross, to be reborn on the other side of the crossing.

Heck I don't know. It's an idea I am comfortable exploring.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

This video has a man debunking the phenomena as an ongoing hoax, and while it does seem to explain a few of them, what about the ones that were heard by multiple people?

"Skyquakes debunked"

That is not what debunking means. He explained a possibility but kind of missed the point. He offered a hypothesis. I think he is wrong. Having heard the sounds myself not around people for miles, I do not believe what he has to say at all. Lot's of people feel the need to explain things, and yet it's funny that I having heard the sounds do NOT need to explain them to feel ok.

I don't know what I heard, but based on the only evidence that fits the night of my experience it seems that earth's magnetic field rebounding from high intensity solar "wind" was the culprit. Either that or I also could go with a guess that the sun or the cosmos was sending extra rays of energy our way at that time.

debunking would mean he has to prove bunk. He's not smart enough to do so.

edit on 9/9/2013 by dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sqorpius
Never seen a UFO, never seen a ghost, have never seen Bigfoot, but I did hear these sounds in the Midwest last year. Sounded like a metallic banging sound. Stopped me in my tracks. I don't think they are supernatural, I buy the theory that they are caused by solar wind or earth moving through a cosmic cloud or something like that.

I agree, but what in world could ever be supernatural? Nothing comes to mind... Even God would be natural. Words are funny like that. UFO is one of the best psyops ever. It doesn't even mean anything.. Supernatural is another.

Or I could put that another way. What if God's trumpets are actually "natural events" that happen as the earth passes through certain energy densities.. What if God's wrath is actually an electromagnetic effect of crossing through some midpoint of space in relation to the galaxy?

Just because something is explained wrong doesn't mean it isn't real. God's trumpets in my view ARE electromagnetic effects on the Earth.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel

Have any of you listened to the first vid with headphones on? I would really like to know what others think.

Rainbows
Jane

I can hear the rumbling noise without the headphone too.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
So what is it then? Few people quick to shoot down the possible answers found in a bit of looking so far, but no other explanations so far then possible biblical references and some kind of shearing of the atmosphere due to solar energies, which some how caused an audible event in localized zones.

So either it's a prelude to the rapture, or some kind of cosmic-ray-atmosphere-destroying-but-only-noticeable-in-a-tiny-area event.

Or, it could be some man made event. Several that I've heard all mimic industrial noises or some type. I haven't found any that sound like actual trumpets, save for a few that the youtube debunker referenced that he supposited were part of a hoax using sound clips from other sources.

As a side note: for the videos he referenced, he did do a good job of debunking them. His excludes several newer videos, and some older ones, that continue to defy a reasonable explanation; but he showed the source video, isolated the audio, showed videos that used the same audio, and then showed a source, or possible source, for it.

While it might not be coldstone debunked, it's a reasonable explanation for the videos he referenced.

What about railroads or something underground? Subharmonic vibrations accompanying the audible ones would help explain why it felt like it was heard inside the head more than outside. It would also add to the impression the sound was from 'everywhere'.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

he showed the source video, isolated the audio, showed videos that used the same audio, and then showed a source, or possible source, for it.

While it might not be coldstone debunked, it's a reasonable explanation for the videos he referenced.

Yes I agree. You can find posts by me that say as much. I was calling hoax when this was first coming out. That is until I heard it myself. You might think I am being dismissive but I have been looking into this ever since then. I've seen it all, and the videos you are talking about only make up a few.. What's weird to me is the sounds do sound a lot like those videos. I think the fakes were flooded in to mask the truth in all honesty.

What about railroads or something underground? Subharmonic vibrations accompanying the audible ones would help explain why it felt like it was heard inside the head more than outside. It would also add to the impression the sound was from 'everywhere'.

Unless they are secretly drilling under mountains in North carolina I don't think so. Here let me find you a clip that matches what I heard..

Here ya go at the 15 minute mark.. Needs headphones to hear that sound that sounds like chewy from star wars kinda.. Notice how it fades in and out? That's closer to what I heard, but it also went into that metal sound, and If I lived 2,000 years ago I would call it trumpets, because what else could I call it?

(Video go to 15:00) there are many more samples of the strange sounds on here than just that one and even debunks about 4 videos that all have the bird sound

I don't know what it is, I'm only guessing.. About a week after that I heard loud booms that shook my windows. I'm kind of wondering when that earthquake was now. The one in Virginia I think?
Ahh: 5.8 august 23, 2011 So that wasn't around the same time I heard the sounds..

I wasn't near any roads or any rail lines.. Just trees.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

The short answer: The noise is Mother Earth finishing Her shift into 4th density. ALL over the orb there is an electromagnetic pulse (as You mentioned above) those 'stuck' in 3rd gear won't be able to sustain. Those deemed to be "dis-eased" (think autism spectrum) are actually further advanced... This is what the Maya were "carving about"

Informative post...

namaste

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

hahahahahaha
lol
I wouldn't be surprised if vuvuzelas ushered the second coming!!
They're enough to wake the dead, for sure!!

I don't know what to think about vuvuzelas leaving south africa, that -snip- should be illegal to export/import - it's going to be a very loud and buzzy world

let me play you the song of my people : Pr Pr Pr pRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join