It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troubles at Fukushima. From BAD to WORSE

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The mere fact that the Fukushima is not being acted upon as an international emergency tells you that the people running this world have been promoted or "self-promoted" beyond their level of competence.

edit on 2-9-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

And a those other symptoms are included in things like the flu or stomach virus, and will be missed as common illness. I said those two for a reason, and not in regard to the day after
Bleeding gums are hair loss together ,can *only* be radiation sickness. And it means you've been exposed a while.

I also didn't have to Google a chart to know it.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
The mere fact that the Fukushima is not being acted upon as an international emergency tells you that the people running this world have been promoted or "self-promoted" beyond their level of competence.

edit on 2-9-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

Another possibility is that many People do not realize the Dimension of this Accident, on both Sides!

I look for the Situation there since the beginning and i cant see a worse Situation at the moment,
it is like before very, very bad but it is not a >Crisis> or even the end of the World!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
This is getting pretty scary...

And I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty glad my loved ones and I don't live on the west coast right now. No offense to anyone who is.... I feel for you. And I won't bring up some past aspirations of me wishing California would just fall off the face of the planet and die... cause now that might be a factor...

All I can say is, I hope dearly this stuff doesn't travel too far.

We're all screwed from some end or another.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by autopat51
3 pages and we seem to be petering out..sad
miley cyrus has gone 8 pages..distraction is good i guess
be safe everybody and be aware...

It would seem that way, yet it is very likely that this topic is getting more notice than we may think... I guess it takes more time to sink in. The magnitude of the crisis which is unfolding is far greater than most would like to admit... I am still at a loss for words. This threat touches on nearly every facet of our existence, and it seems hard to think of a response that's not "well, isn't this terrifying?" However, I fully agree that the more we express ourselves, the more progress is made, one way or another. Sometimes it takes something epic to bring us together in a strange way... Like an experience that we must all share.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
What struck me as more hideous about this is that instead of coming up with solutions or offering help, the international communities response is...

Lawsuits!!

Hurrah!! Money!!

This is logically just fine, because all that money you get by looking the other way and suing, you can live on the moon nice a safe.

No no, thats not right, you will die on earth with everyone else but your kids will be rich and live on the moon! No thats not quite right either...

In fact theres actually no sense to be made of any of it!

Pour concrete over the entire area, then lead shield it to stem the damage then work out how to reverse it! Sitting around all day deciding who gets fined how much is pointless while the world dies!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Explanation regarding the high radiation levels (maximum 1,800 mSv/h) found at tanks in Fukushima Daiichi NPS on August 31, 2013

We deeply apologize for the great anxiety and inconvenience caused by the recent contaminated water issues at the Fukushima Daiichi NPS, which affect residents near the power station and the broader society.

With regard to the high radiation levels (maximum 1,800 mSv/h) found at tanks in Fukushima Daiichi NPS on August 31, some articles reported that "by simple calculation, if a person were exposed to this amount of radiation for four hours continuously, it would lead to death," or "it would take only one minute to reach the annual radiation exposure limit for workers," etc.

We would like to explain more about the figure of 1,800 mSv/h.
We used measuring equipment that measures both beta radiation and gamma radiation. The 1,800 mSv/h figure represents the total amount of beta radiation and gamma radiation. Most of the 1,800 mSv/h was beta radiation; gamma radiation measured 1 mSv/h.

Since 1,800 mSv/h is approximately 3.5 times higher than the control level of the equivalent dose for skin, which is 500 mSv/year, such radiation exposure should be carefully controlled. However, since beta radiation travels only a short distance, radiation levels can be reduced considerably by maintaining a distance. Moreover, since beta radiation is weak and can be blocked by a thin sheet of metal, such as aluminum, we believe that we can control radiation exposure by the using proper equipment and clothing.

Additionally, although 1,800 mSv/h was detected at 5cm above the floor, the radiation level at 50cm above the floor was 15 mSv/h. Thus, the figure of 1,800 mSv/h does not represent the radiation level of the whole area. Some articles reported that "if a person were exposed to this amount of radiation for four hours continuously, it would lead to death," by comparing with the radiation level that would result in death (7,000 mSv), or "it would take only one minute to reach the annual radiation exposure limit for workers," by comparing with the annual radiation exposure limit for workers (50 mSv).

However, we believe that simply comparing the 1,800 mSv/h figure with these standard levels is inappropriate, since the standard levels represent the cumulative effective dose (not equivalent dose) upon the whole body. We will investigate the cause of this issue, taking any appropriate countermeasures immediately, and continue to make every effort to secure the safety of workers.

Source

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The other problem here is that we as the general public do not know of the severity of this beyond what little we are allowed to see, if this is a worst case scenario then they are very unlikely to alert us until its way past too late as people would simply go ape knowing they were about to be radiated literally to death.

If they are saying the radioactive water out side the tanks is 18 time the previous reading and could kill in 4hrs then the chances are its MUCH worse than that.

Looks like Japan is about to become a hot spot, poor sods tanks of deadly water every where as it is, imagine a terror attack on those tanks?

Its got to be treated now...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom7
Hey Guys, this is inexcusable on my part, because this is such a glaring issue. But I haven't really done much research at al on this topic. I was wondering if you guys could give me a crash course on just exactly what happened to start this mess? what was the catalyst so to speak? Was it an accident or did a group of people spark this?

Would love to hear your thoughts

Sure, everything was tickety-boo until there was a tsunami that hit Japan. Through poor design (USA 1960's designs), the reactors had diesel emergency backup generators located in underground concrete bunkers between the ocean and the reactor vessels themselves. If these backup generators had just been located a few meters higher, or even just had snorkels, nothing would have happened.

Unfortunately, the emergency back up diesel generators got flooded by sea water, making them unusable, resulting in the reactors losing their control systems, their cooling water systems, and worst of all the reactor buildings were severely damaged due to the resulting hydrogen gas build-up within the buildings themselves.

If that weren't bad enough, the reactor building designs, stored the used nuclear fuel rods within a cooling pool above the reactors themselves. These have to kept cool, as even outside a reactor core, they are still generating heat due to residual nuclear reactions. The only way to do this now, is to keep pumping sea-water into what is left of the cooling system, 300 tonnes every day (300 cubic meters).
edit on 2-9-2013 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

Is it not possible to build a DOME over the entire plant? I think this would be the best Idea to keep Radiation inside the Dome!

Yes, it will take a while to build it but at least it would help and at the same time get that Ice Wall in there to hold the Radiation at ground level and stuck in the Ice Wall!

I really can't believe that TEPCO built these Reactors on an Island which is basically sitting on the Fault Line!

I also can't believe that the rest of the World are still going ahead with their Nuclear Fuel Ideas!

PURE IDIOCY.
edit on 2-9-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
A friend of mine is dual citizen Japanese / American her parents and family still live there. I talked with her two years ago about the disaster. Total denial, I told her that her government was now corrupted. This year when she got back she said that the government told the people 1 of 20 people will die from cancer by 2018. Caused by pollution drifting over from China.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I imagine the problem with building a dome is that most of the radiation is escaping through ground water. Which is why that freezing idea in another thread is being mooted.

Part of the problem is TEPCO don't seem to have come out and actually said what state the reactors are in. Initially they seemed to be saying they were partially shut down, but the longer this goes on the more it is looking like they've completely melted down. And without knowing exactly what is going on, it's hard to say what should be done.

Which is another argument for the Japanese government to take control of this from Tepco immediately.

reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Another sarcastic golf clap for the green nut jobs and their nuclear power plants. Facts are this, if it was a coal powered plant none of this would occur and we, and the environment, would be far better off especially with the clean burning technology we have today.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Painterz

O yes, I forgot, its going down, not up!

How about building a Dome underneath the Plant?

Could that be done? To stop the Leak? To hold it under there until we get as much Radiation sucked up into a huge balloon to send out towards the Sun!

Or am I getting a bit too Fictional?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

They intend to build a "frozen barrier" around it. The OP refers to this.

I don't know if they have stated how deep they intend to sink the cooling pipes. This plan makes some sense but I would prefer to see them dig to bed rock and put in a canal for the water to flow around the site and on to the ocean. I think it would be easier to monitor and repair such a canal, although it would probably cost more to build, initially.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Cheers!

I just started thinking about this Plant sinking into the Ocean.... is this possible?

What if another Quake hits the area?

Damn.... this sounds worse every time I hear about it.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by ipsedixit

Cheers!

I just started thinking about this Plant sinking into the Ocean.... is this possible?

What if another Quake hits the area?

Damn.... this sounds worse every time I hear about it.
I read a report about Japan and Tepco are very concerned over another earthquake hitting and toppleing the entire nuclear base over.It would expose major dangerous levels of full radiation levels and cause all of northern Japan to be evacuated,which is 40 million people.They all agreed it is possible and they are in a race agaisnt time to stop that.
edit on 2-9-2013 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Radiation will decay eventually but it will take years... and that won't be any time soon.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

This is great info for all to know S & F.
I'm not sure why people aren't more worried about this as with Syria and their gun laws...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Syria, and the gun laws are parcel of the same thing.....
Corporate control of the peoples governments.......
Its plain to see, that the bulk of humanity has already been written off.
The swinging door between corporate and government boardrooms, has got to be closed for good!
When corporate entities become country sized, they take over the control of the people.
That's what happenned to us.
Humanity must face this juggernaught of corporate parasitism which will kill us all.............

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join