It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troubles at Fukushima. From BAD to WORSE

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I'm wondering about something that nobody here has mentioned yet, not specifically. What are most of us typing this on? Computer components from Japan. If the radiation is that bad there, isn't it being spread by everything shipped out of Japan, not just by ocean water?

We're holding cell phones with Japanese components up to our ears (and near our brains). We sit in front of monitors heated very nicely, and our computer fans blow out heat from these components right into our homes. Am I just paranoid or are there legitimate concerns here, at least in the near future if not already?

And it occurs to me that I just bought a new Nissan... wonder how many parts were made in Japan?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Scribe611

smile...you are catching on
there have been shipments all round the world that have been refused
some japanese products have been found to have high radiation levels

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
First symptoms of radiation poisoning are hair loss and bleeding gums

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII
First symptoms of radiation poisoning are hair loss and bleeding gums

Check your facts... read the chart at the bottom of the page.

First symptoms of radiation sickness

Nausea, vomiting, diahrea, fever, etc., occur first. Hair loss is after a week.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This is the biggest problem in the world right now, I don't understand why the USA and other countries don't take emergency action to solve this world issue.

As we have seen Japan is not going to solve this issue it needs the help of the USA and others to solve this issue.

Please USA stop thinking about Syria, the world need your help to solve this issue that will affect all living things in the world.

If you don't help solve this issue other problems like Syria will not be important anymore.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by xoom1

i completely agree..this is the most prominent problem in the world today
this makes all other matters seem trivial

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

in my experience it's what I cal soft gums( teeth moving around ) and diarrhea ..well..and dehydration as good indicators of high dose exposure...lower dose continued exposure ire an harder animal to track

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

thank you for dropping in

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
although i did not start this thread it is dear to me
i was hoping this would really take off.
you see folks, this problem will out live everything
it will outlive Miley, it will out live Syria, it will out live you and me.
this problem is so serious that it may out live humanity
dont let anyone tell you this is nothing..this folks is everything
this is our future..if we have one..
radiation is real and it can kill you..dont make light of it.
how many of these same units are spread around the world...ticking
the by products.. the rods..are deadly for generations..my god
cant we boil water in a safer manner
look at where these other plant are and think..what if
is nuclear energy worth this?
be safe my friends and be aware

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Hi there winofiend,how are you? I have'nt been on ATS so much lately,so here's saying hello+wishing you a good week ahead.
You know,it hardly seems real,I feel dissociated from the implications of this Fukushima calamity a lot of the time-a case of this matter being of such dire proportions it hardly bears thinking about much-especially if one is not in any way able to help,to put the radioactive genie back into the lamp.
But I do think sometimes-maybe there is yet hope.There are always survivors,always-the human race will go on-albeit in far far smaller numbers,I do foresee a nomadic future for the human race,though.The age of real estate+living in fixed abodes for decades on end,will most likely not be part of our collective future way of life-this is not necessarily to do with Fukushima directly,though for the population of large parts of the Northern hemisphere Fukushima will obviously play a major part in the way life carries on collectively,for millions upon millions of people.
I am no prophet,I just got one of those "messages" that come into one's mind+that resonates as truth down to the heart+soul level-this race faces a nomadic future,for some reason it will be necessary to keep on the move,whether in small or big groups.Fukushima is BAD,and it is so very sad that our children+grandchildren will have to deal with this problem not of their making-Tepco should be charged with crimes against the entire human race-not that such an action,however justified or applauded will make a difference in the slightest.

But the UN can be criticised too,they should have forced the Japanese government to allow teams of experts,any and all in the scientific community who could possibly have helped,to enter Japan+try to formulate a plan to minimise the damage-2 years ago already.
The way the situation has been left to drag on,is beyond logic or reason-it is criminally insane,imo.

I don't feel that Fuku is IT,though,the gamechanger that forever alters our way of life-i have no idea what,but it will be another event,and not necessarily nuclear-power related.But there Are always survivors-short of an ELE asteroid hit-i have faith that if we are spared that,as far as anything else is concerned-there may end up being billions less of us-but as a race/species,we will go on.We will adapt.
And maybe future generations of mothers Will have the extra pair of arms+hands we so wish for on a daily basis now-not being an ass,sometimes you have to see a funny angle to even this nuclear nightmare.

edit on 2-9-2013 by Raxoxane because: typos

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
When I read the latest news and watched the videos about the situation at fukashima,,,,I had to laugh. It wasn't a happy or humorous laugh,,but more a sick kind of laugh. That was to cover the REAL urge I had to pick up my monitor and throw it as fu!$@'n hard as I could across the room!!! I wish I could take a knife and gouge out my eyeballs so that I will not be able to read this crap anymore!!! But,,, I cannot just stop reading about it because it is real and it scares the living ^#@! out of me!!!! Sure,,my life is a constant struggle,,,but dammit!!! I don't want to die,,yet that is what I am reading about,,,,some years down the road, maybe sooner than later, cancer,or a tumor,or some other type of f!#^#$! man made disease that I have no control over! Yep,,,you,,,me,,,and many many more who are living on the west coast are going to get real sick and die because of this. Look,,,this might sound odd,,,and I don't really know any of you here on ATS,,BUT,,,,,,,,I love you. All or most of you here are sharing information on here that has educated me on so many different topics. Things that just a few years ago I had no idea were happening,,and I want to say thank you and I want to wish all of us the best of luck for what we are facing. Maybe some day far in the future,,,if any of us are left,,we will finally wake up and change this pattern of death and destruction and realize that ALL life is precious and that we need to Cherish each other, love each other,,,,,,,,protect each other. Oh,,,to the 1% of you who helped create this mess------F@#% YOU!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I'm sorry ya'll.. I can't hold back the tears anymore.. I've been secretly hoping and praying since this happened that they would get their heads out of their a**** and at least ACCEPT THE HELP that was offered. At this point I don't know what can be done- but I'm devastated thinking about the Pacific.. and the rest of the World.
I believe it was said that robots won't work because there is nothing known to mankind that won't MELT when it gets into those tanks. Truly we live in dire times. I've been daring to dream that it's not as bad as the predictions, but it just keeps getting uglier and more terrifying. I don't think I can convince myself anymore that there is any hope of salvaging this disaster.

One can't help but wonder ..
Revelation 16:3
3 The second angel poured out his bowl on the sea, and it turned into blood like that of a dead person, and every living thing in the sea died.
Rev.16:3
.. is this the End to all Life here?

Godspeed everyone. Pouring out love to all the fantastic and marvelous creatures of the seas.. and to you all too. May God forgive us.
edit on 2-9-2013 by Starcrossd because: added info

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

WHY, WHY ISN'T THE AMERICAN MEDIA REPORTING ON THIS?????
Why isn't our government even ADDRESSING this?

Do they want us all to turn into mutants or get cancer?

is this part of their scheme to create population control and reduction???

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I think all of you might be interested in seeing this. I have been the guy filming and uploading all those English language videos of the weekly Anti-Nuclear protest in Kasumigaseki, Tokyo. I just wanna share with y`all the latest protest which went down August 30, 2013. The Japanese people are still standing up against nuclear power. I have gotten to know a lot of people who go to those protest regularly. They are good people and what they are doing, in the context of Japanese society, is VERY brave indeed.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Most of the radiation being released is beta which is easily stopped by thin metal. The danger with the water table near the core is when the area floods. Right now water is moving over the core and through the ground then to the ocean. The ground acts as a filter as the water passes through. BUT the area is flooding, which will bring more contamination to the surface around any containment barriers. It is obvious that the rad is mostly alpha and beta, look at the water storage containers. If they were gamma it would be much more difficult to contain and access the area. But that flooding could be bad. And also it will be risky when they remove the spent fuel rods manually. Who knows how much rad will be coming ashore in the US because nobody knows how much has escaped to sea. Yikes...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Edgar Cayce Predicts Japan disappearing into the ocean. Could this be weakening the earth underneath to do so?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by groundy056

You know, that is something I have been very hesitant to speak about publicly. All that water flowing under that planet was never meant to happen. It was never part of the planning which went into the building that plant. Fukushima is very different from what the brave workers of the USSR dealt with. The workers of the USSR really did give their all to save their nation from a hell which is still going on to this day. The formed an army and declared war on a radioactive enemy. That was all they could do really.

Fukushima is a different beast all together and being dealt with by a very different society. I have lived in Japan for a very long time. It usual in Japan that when the Japanese don`t know what to do they simply say to themselves `Shoganai(which means `It cannot be helped`)` and they give up and don`t try to do anything.

Yet what the Capitalist in Japan are just now realizing is that Shoganai is not going to work this time. That flooding is a real danger and it is starting to get out of control. Finally! The Japanese media, TEPCO, J-gov and the society as a whole are realizing that they got a very serious problem on their hands. If they pollute the entire pacific ocean with radiation, the world will never forgive them for that no matter how much they beg for forgiveness.

The people who go to those weekly Anti-Nuclear protest have known this all along. Maybe, just maybe, the material reality of the situation is starting to sink in and Japan will take Fukushima more seriously because they really are running out time to get this under control.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I see those in charge are making sure this gets as little media as possible, I was stunned when I saw it on the BBC as an article and a brief mention as seen in the video, normally the Beeb plays ball with the PTB and posts as requested.

When Tepco finally drops the ball and admits they can't supply the storage tanks at the rate needed or have space for them or says nothing until the reactors melt it will have been way way too late. This IS a game changer if it goes wrong, the sea eco system both destroyed and mutated, I'm not sure of the life time of this stuff but its going to be a LONG time before the Ocean returns to safe in many parts if not entirely.

I've read about the use of a nuclear device to smash the cores down and to surround them with some sort of material but tbh it sounds like science fiction, I also fear because of the proximity to the sea that it could go very wrong and literally spew it all much faster in to the sea itself.

What ever the answer it has to be done soon, you cannot infinitely supply 400 tonne (?) tanks to hold the spent cooling water, you also can't just keep putting these tanks all over parts of Japan for obvious reasons so something seriously needs to be done now as its clear Tepco are losing control very fast now.

I tell you what, if there are Aliens watching over us or a god of some sort then we really need them NOW, we are about to screw our planet over one way or another.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
It is hard to get a comprehensive view of this problem because the Japanese themselves either don't know what is going on or do know and aren't saying.

The OP's linked video does say at one point that the government is going to step in and try to build a subterranean wall around the site to prevent ground water from flowing under it and becoming contaminated. Obviously this is a large project but it has to be done. There should be an international effort brought to bear on this very important project. The United Nations should be stepping in and extending all the help it can in the way of "moral suasion" directed at the world community.

Japan should not be vilified or belittled. Massive help should be directed to them in a spirit of fellowship and friendship. I'm sure they know all the psychological dimensions of the trouble they and we are in. It doesn't have to be reiterated.

The problems they face are fivefold:

1. How to deal with the build up of stored contaminated water.

2. How to prevent more groundwater from being contaminated.

3. How to clean up the physical plant, including stored spent fuel rods.

4. How to deal with the concentrated melted fuel which has burned through the containment level of the plants into the ground below.

5. How to deal with the radioactive elements that have already reached the ocean via run off of contaminated groundwater or through direct contact with melted fuel.

Solutions:
1. The stored contaminated water will ultimately have to be filtered of its radioactive heavy elements. Science already has some ways to do this, but it may have to innovate totally new ways of doing this. In the short term more storage tanks will have to be put in place.

2. The "coffer dam" around the plant should be a top priority. There should be international input on this because it is a very important and doable element of the solution list.

3. The physical plant is a huge problem, especially the spent fuel rods held in cooling tanks. This is another area where an international effort from the leading experts around the world on nuclear plants, and mechanical and civil engineering problems will be necessary. This is a toughie, and the rods are a high priority.

4. The most dangerous, potentially, of the problems faced at Fukushima is the condition (how dispersed) and most importantly, location of the radioactive "lava" that has melted through the containment layer of the reactors. Depending on the subterranean geology of the area, it is possible that this lava could migrate, following the path of least resistance, underground to a point where it came into contact with the ocean. This would be catastrophic.

It would be many times worse than what is currently happening at the site, the leak of contaminated water into the ocean. Instead of pouring tea into the ocean, it would be like dumping tea bags into the ocean.

One hopes that the radioactive lava just melts and sinks vertically in a classic "China Syndrome". If it does not, that could be a problem that is solvable by doing a massive underwater effort or it could be unsolvable by any means.

5. There is technology to mine heavy elements out of sea water using filters. Work is being done all the time to improve this technology and to make it more effective and even "element specific". The "science cavalry" is riding to the rescue on this one. I think they will get the job done.

If you had a cup of tea with too much sugar in it, could you find a way to get the sugar level reduced so that the tea is drinkable again? I couldn't but I bet scientists could. That in effect is what the efforts directed toward heavy metal filter mining are about.

This is a coming technology. It is possible that some application of this technology will be operative off the coasts of all nations before long and probably permanently off the coast of Japan. We will have micro applications of it as well to treat drinking water.

This tech is not just filters, but includes biological constituents and nano particulates to latch onto radioactive particles in water.

In the long term humanity must master radioactivity. We've mastered other physical and natural processes but we lag behind with radioactivity. We need to learn how to stop and start the process in the lab and to industrialize this mastery in order to deactivate radioactive waste.

edit on 2-9-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
What most don't understand, is that Fukishima has now become Japan's answer to Hiroshima and Nagasaki and they are attacking the US via the radiation released from this site. Yes, they soon will own the Pacific as evidenced by all the double layered metal ships they are building, almost as if they knew in advance that this would happen. They probably had something to do with setting off the earthquakes and tsunami's that caused all this. Makes sense yes? Besides, if a fish has 3 eyes, it means we have one more juicy eye for our fish soup, and you thought this was all bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join