It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troubles at Fukushima. From BAD to WORSE

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by texasyeti

that would be very difficult but not impossible..the problem is water runs underground and into the ocean, there is no way to stop that

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

i guess its far more comfortable to not know..ignorance is bliss so to speak

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
You know all of this just makes me sad. Is there any hope? Could this be the reason the TPTB are acting the way they are? They know that things are going to get bad real soon? I don't like this feeling of hopelessness.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
So Japan finally admit after 3 years what we were saying on ATS after 3 days. Its a sorry state of affairs but one the international community must deal with, I cant believe for 'Humanatarian' reasons we havnt gone in already and taken over and are just allowing it to keep spewing out. Surely by now there must be some real solutions however drastic and expensive? In the early day someone said, evacuate japan and blow it to kingdom come. How effective this would be i dont know, but it cant really be any worse? can it?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

It is a monumental human F**k-up going on here.

Read this morning.....
www.bbc.co.uk...

Apparently the radioactivity is 18 Times worse than previously thought at the leaking water pipe........

The first measurment was taken by a device only capable of reading 180 mV per hour when in actual fact the true reading was 1800 mV per hour..... lethal to humans after 4 hours exposure........!

All those guys who spent several days trying to patch that leaking pipe a few weeks ago are already dead it would seem ............. (not literally, but metophorically speaking) but its just time......

The world is more worried about Miley 'F**king Cyrus than it is about a possible ELE some are saying.....

mixed up priorities man...

Regards

PDUK

Those guys would have been wearing radiation suits and surrounded by lead shielding. Alpha (Helium atoms) and Beta particles (high energy electrons) are easy to screen against. It's the gamma and X-rays that are the nasties - they can go through all but six inches of lead.

I just wonder how long it will be before China decides to invade that part of Japan in order to sort things out themselves.

edit on 1-9-2013 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
well lets see..if Tepco had given them the proper meters..
they wouldnt have gotten any volunteers.
nothing would have gotten fixed...
my god this so messed up

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Damn. I've been concerned with Fukushima, but watching that time lapse video of the radiation spread across the Pacific really let's it all sink in. This is a bad deal here...in a few years how much sea life will have died off? Not to mention whatever sea life lives will possibly be mutating into an entirely new species. Going deep sea fishing may get real interesting. One thing is for sure, deep sea fishing will be for sport and not for food! I still can't figure out why the International Community isn't stepping in.
edit on 1-9-2013 by Rezlooper because: misspelled word

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
heres a good radiation meter for us poor folk.
when you start seeing the rich and elitest moving to the southern hemisphere
get worried.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

I just hope that the underground bunkers of those that have created this also fail and they get what we do...They truly deserve it, the idea that they could survive and pick up where they left off disgusts me..

I hope they do survive.

I'd really like to see them trying to survive after they emerge from their bunkers - nobody left on the planet to tax except each other, nobody left to put to work except each other, nobody left to parasite off of except each other, and nobody left to fight with except each other.

All the things they like to do to us today, they can enjoy doing to each other when they've killed us all off.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
youtu.be...
Now I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds
edit on 1-9-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
It's sorta slow motion world seppuku.
Am I the only one who was thinking they sure have robots to acces all the material, freeze it for a while or something and put it in some new facility?
2013 they still have nothing - no remote terminators, no damn transformers carrying waste into the Sun or something.
Tons of waste are still there untouched.
I thought Japan means no problem. We needed some Chucks Norrisses not those Tepco yobo clerks covering their asses with regulations. There has to be one idiot boss without balls. Get him outta there finaly and start doing some Japanese stuff. Not because a damn planet but because you can

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

nope..no heroes to fix this...
and guess what? these god damn things are every where!
we have more deadly by products than we know what to do with!
hell of a way to boil water..which is all they do.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
3 pages and we seem to be petering out..sad
miley cyrus has gone 8 pages..distraction is good i guess
be safe everybody and be aware...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

Am I the only one who was thinking they sure have robots to acces all the material, freeze it for a while or something and put it in some new facility?

Robots don't climb stairs. Even frozen its still radioactive. Approaching the cores would be suicide, let alone carrying it somewhere else.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

Thanks for bringing the info. I would never have seen it otherwise. Let everyone know of any new developments.

World is at a cross roads with this...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

let alone the fact that high radiation affects everything..including electronics.
ya i know..it looks pretty bad

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This thing should have way better media and journalist coverage than it has.They don't even know how much radiation leakage has occurred and the Pacific ocean has never or no ocean has ever had a meltdown of nuclear radiation in it before.Of course there where nuclear bombs set off in ocean waters but this is constant radiation leakage.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

the pacific is poisened
we will start seeing animal die offs
ring any bells?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Sometimes I'm glad I live in Australia! I'm mutating as I type this! I have those horrible Intestinal pains, Mutating I tell you, I wonder what New specie I turn into!
edit on 1/9/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by fr33kSh0w2012

im sorry
we on the west coast of US do not find an of this very funny

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join