It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS: We may be launching ATS.5/3 today.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Please ATS give us more options than " grey and white" or " white and grey"

This is really painful for my eyes. Its not fair to isolate members by the fact they dont have stronger eyes. All it needs is more color, that's all.

And the smileys are sooo not cool.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The drop down arrow next to logout

link   

Click next to "Logout" and the members feature and chat can be found there.

link   
I did not think i would say this but i like it, definitely looks ready to go on a tablet, its got that rounded , big and bold feeling.

I am a bit lost finding were things are, I miss the banner too quickly find my threads/posts (I had to go to profile to see these things)

The light version hurts my eyes (so did the old light version) switched it to dark and to me seems a happy medium between what i looked at before and now.

like it.. gj all

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

You are my hero, my eyes no longer hurt, thank you!!!

link   

Yeah, I ain't found chat yet...still trying to figure out PM's etc...

link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Either the little Envelope looking button next to search, or in the drop down menu by clicking next to Logout.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I just sent you one.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Although I'm strongly against redesigning websites for smaller screens and devices, I think the new site looks pretty slick. The only problem I've found so far is that the icon at the top of the Aliens & UFOs forum, (www.abovetopsecret.com...) the black and red one, has white pixels around it. All of the other icons I've looked at so far look clean, but that one looks like it wasn't cut out properly.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Feels like I'm on the Xbox live dashboard or something.

link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Awesome ..... thanks. I'm old and set in my ways .... so help getting around will be good.
I'm still liking the big letters and new colors ... easier to see.

link   
I like it. It's like bringing the dark out into the light. This site doesn't seem so "shut in" anymore. Like it's part of the modern world now. As long as the content stays alternative I think more people will join.

Good job.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Wow, tis cool to see the new site up and running, and I quite like the emotes. Nice n simple. Pretty modern.

Only thing is the text size. Wow again, cos this shizzles BIG, zoom out zooms out the whole page and it seems wierd to only use half of the screen I paid for... feel like one of them freaks that only ever use half a bar of soap, like soap's not expensive, but what's so wrong with that other half man.

I do sometimes leave my crusts though, so maybe i'm still guilty. sometimes.

EDIT: Also can't star posts now, just brings up an error

edit on 30-8-2013 by melancholiflower because: (no reason given)

link   
Where did the friends list go?? LOL Im lost on ATS!!!

link   

DrumsRfun

I just sent you one.

Where is It !! Are you a woman!! (just kidding)

Thanks for sending it...but, I don't see nutting light up!!

Does it light up somewhere....

link   

ShadeWolf
reply to post by PhoenixOD

It looks utterly horrible at desktop resolution. Massive expanses of unused space, and I agree 100% with the people who are saying it's overly dumbed-down and simplified. Additionally, stars don't work properly, and there are no page numbers when viewing threads from the forum pages.

I'm very unimpressed, ATS.

To be fair, at higher resolution the old style seemed to crunch and center whereas the newer style grows with the resolution better. However, there IS a lot of wasted space. A side-by-side comparison with the old style (i'm looking at it right now) shows how the old style is showing more information and there's less whitespace. What this is really about is moving to a symbol-based navigation (away from text) to save space and also a larger use of whitespace for some reason.

One other thing is hte old style had better contrast, was green, and seemed to use more color.
edit on 30-8-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Click the envelope on the right, or click next to logout, and there's a U2U link in the submenu.

By the way, nice A-7 in the avatar.

edit on 8/30/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
DOOKIE-ON-A-STICK!
I don't like green eggs and ham and I DO NOT LIKE THIS Sam I am.

I had absolutely no problem with using the old site on my smart phone. I have used many differnt phones over the years and they are/where my primary way of visiting ATS.
Quad

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I am not sure where it is or if it lights up.
If you find it can you send one back so I can see whats going on as well?

For the right price...I can be anything you want me to be.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Getting rid of the friends and foes list was a good move. Seemed petty to me. Maybe that's because I always had people adding me as a foe on a daily basis.

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join