It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS: We may be launching ATS.5/3 today.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
New Chat: Awesome,

link   
reply to post by Night Star

I just tried. I had a _javascript window pop-up, but when I clicked OK on it, the star was there.

link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Click next to Logout and on the submenu is an "upload" button.

oooooooooooooooooh, ty

link   
reply to post by Night Star

Ive given a couple stars and have only received the _javascript message someone else mentioned.

I'm sure SO, a mod or a wise member can give you an idea of what is going on.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

PhoenixOD
Hmmm not liking it so far. Everything seems to big and in your face at 1920 x 1080.

If you make your browser window narrower than 1280, the site scales down to a 1024-wide version that is very close in font-size and spacing to the old site.

Is this supposed to be some sort of an upgrade?

To me, it seems kinda backwards if you have to go in and manually adjust settings, just to make it appear closer to how it was before.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Chamberf=6
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Why would we want a different browser size/setting just for this site?

I'm guessing that ATS have decided that since the world has gone mobile with phones and tablets that most users of the site probably access is via one of these devices and so may as well tailor the site to those people and the new members rather than laptop or desktop users (dinosaurs) I guess?

Also someone mentioned dumbing down, I'm guessing judging by the state of education both sides of the pond, ATS has to dumb down the site every few years to allow new members to use it.
Too many options and tabs is difficult, everything should be in large font and each thread should look like the "Messages" on your mobile/cell phone (which they do)

Rather than having a niche, specific site for conspiracy theories and alternate topics, it's now painted witha broad brush and has to appeal to the Facebook/Youtube/Twitter mentality of big bubbles of text and sparkly buttons and icons everywhere. Big flashing banners..... Instructions everywhere.

It's the way of the world sadly.

The internet is changing, for the worse.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I followed your link and now im livid mr site owner.

You basically implied I made that other thread, and i didn't i only called you out on your rather suspect timing and the ghastliness of this site at this time.

Screw this, im outa here

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

sulaw
4~ Seems like this was a premature launch, like the US attacking syria....

Just gotta stop and laugh .. that was funny!

Anyone wanna' school me on how I can find a list of members ....

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
*cries and throws mini temper tantrum* It hurts my eyes and I can't find things I want. I am sure I will figure it out in time, but I was already having a stressful day.

Here is hoping I just need time to adjust and learn my way around the new version, if not....

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I have not read the whole thread, This may have been covered but I just wanted to give my thoughts anyways.

At first my eyes started bleeding until I found this groovy little button,

Whew!

Second, I didn't realize how much I used the "^^top^^" go back to the top of the threads until it was not there anymore.

Oh, how I miss thee ^^top^^ button ...

It should be here somewhere,

But there is nothing there to take you back to the top of the page, instead you are forced to scroll back up manually,

That is all I really notice on my first impression, I think I liked the other design better or maybe I was just used to it, I do miss the green in the new theme.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Had a second screen still in the old mode, when ATS flipped over. Just so I can remember the moment, here's my last old ATS moment..

Goodbye old friend. I'll miss you dearly.

Hello new one, I love you already!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
OK, something changed and the site got easier on my eyes in the time it took to make my last post

Edit: now it went back to the colors that hurt

I am definitely convinced now that it is a conspiracy to cause mass frustration amongst members.
Either that or Skeptic is trolling us for a good laugh

edit on 30-8-2013 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

link   
Ohhhh... I finally found the "Icon" where all my "silly stupid pictures are" the ^ button brought down all the stuff..

Ok, I got this down.

Now if we get a PM (message) where does it light up? The rest I figured out...

link   

Xarian6
I followed your link and now im livid mr site owner.

You basically implied I made that other thread, and i didn't i only called you out on your rather suspect timing and the ghastliness of this site at this time.

Screw this, im outa here

I always love reading "im outta here" while seeing a "member is online" under their name...

I highly doubt SO and Co. launched this new version to time with Syria. Maybe it was just ready today and they launched it. Simple as that.

link   

_BoneZ_
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Clear your internet history, cache, etc. Those boxes will go away.

edit on 30-8-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

Yeah I did that, and now it's even worse. Boxes have not gone away. No icons at all now. And that action just caused me to lose a whole bunch of crap in my bookmarks, lost all my saved logins for all my sites, banking and everything. Skeptic, I am never going to forgive you for this. I am really pissed now, and this place looks like hell. FFS.

link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

It did change for me. I got the desktop version on android ATM just small text and less scrolling. Are you using phone orr desktop? It started as a mobile version but now I changed it and I have the full site it states:

Edit: my screen is like this:

edit on 30-8-2013 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Is anyone else getting a massive gap when they go into a thread to where the first response on any given page or the OP start???

link   
There, one single line of content taking up my whole screen. You can't be serious.
(Just picked a random 1-liner
)

edit on 30-8-2013 by Marsupilami because: (no reason given)

link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
New Chat: Awesome,

Where is chat? School me on how to get there ...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

- sorry Storm i put it here ; the reply button down isnt working

Sceptic - can you please disclose whý you thought the site had to be changed into this one..?

somehow, this...new style has become very....compartimentalized

no overvieuw no more

...?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join