It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS: We may be launching ATS.5/3 today.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

silo13
reply to post by khimbar

I don't know what it's designed for - but on pc it is horrible.
1/4 the left is all icons (ugly too) - so little actual space in the middle for posting then all that empty space on the right?
Ugh.
Looks soooo Fischer Price.

peace

I agree all that space should be used to put posts in, the posts post (by that i mean the text box you are reading this post in) is way to small.

I actually really like this set up, I just think it needs a little more work.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Clear your internet history, cache, etc. Those boxes will go away.

edit on 30-8-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

link   

_BoneZ_

Dumbass
Thank you for the desktop button in account settings
you made my day

That button does nothing for me. Everything stays the same. And even though I press "desktop" or mobile", it always says "mobile" in large text.

Also, there definitely needs to be a way to change text size. The text size in my signature is at the smallest it can be and now it's huge, messing up my sig.

Also, we need new avatar/profile image size numbers so we can fix those images as well.

I'm loving the smoothness and quickness. Just need a few bugs worked out.

edit on 30-8-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

Holy Brightness Batman!! Need some shades for that text

Contrast settings would be great SO

link   
Trying this again. Also updating my iPad. Grey bar is up higher now when keyboard is open. Can see what I'm typing. Covering some of the emotions. But when I stop typing (reduce keyboard and ready to send post), they are available. It'll be great when people get used to it and all is fine tuned.

For ipad: Contrast is good. When typing white with grey words and when post seeing soft grey background with white letters and blue emotion faces. Not stark - from this ipad in any case.
edit on 30-8-2013 by Dianec because: To comment on contrast

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Overall, I like it, it'll just take some getting used to for me with the new icon designs. However, I have to admit, the smilies are pretty awful, they just don't convey the intended meaning as well as the old ones. The only other thing that's driving me insane that I don't think I'll ever acclimate to is the size of the avatars. They seem to be overtaking the pages, despite only being a tad bigger than before.

Other than those gripes, looking good! ::thumbs up::

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

It'll take me a while to learn my way around ... but the posts are bigger and brighter and easier for my very tired old eyes to see. So I like that part.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

They're still there. You have to scroll the window up a little bit to see them. It starts with the first line of text being the top thing you see, and the names are just a tiny bit higher than the text line is.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

blupblup

skitzspiricy

There's a half moon icon on the top right hand corner (next to the information icon). Click it and it should go dark.

Yeah I guessed that, cheers mate.

Oh well, at least we look as "cool" as all the other sites now huh? That's the most important thing.
To always be on the cusp of new design and site interface and be constantly striving to find new ways to pointlessly mess with the site and change stuff that doesn't need changing.

Woooooo!!

Yay.

link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

OK so it was set to mobile version in settings, now it's on desktop it's better.

link   
How's that old saying go?
Oh yeah, I think it's something like this, "If it aint broke, Don't fix it!!"

First impression = I hate it immensely.
Previously, everything was nice & smooth, and pleasing to the eye.
Right now, everything is generic and ugly.

Some of it could possibly be due to my own personal settings, etc...., but at this moment, I have low expectations. I will probably be able to make it better than it is currently, but probably still won't be as good as it was before.

:thumbsdown:

link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Please enlighten me on how to disable the forum icons. I found the switch to darken everything thankfully.

The site seems smoother actually and this is always a good thing

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The site won't allowmeto give stars,only flags. GRRRR What's up with that?

link   
Anyway to get to the most recent posts in thread? The old way showed how many pages each thread was on and I could go directly to the last page.

link   
Makes me think of a "large print edition" of a kids toy. I would've scoffed at that thought yesterday...

link   

skitzspiricy

blupblup

skitzspiricy

There's a half moon icon on the top right hand corner (next to the information icon). Click it and it should go dark.

Yeah I guessed that, cheers mate.

Oh well, at least we look as "cool" as all the other sites now huh? That's the most important thing.
To always be on the cusp of new design and site interface and be constantly striving to find new ways to pointlessly mess with the site and change stuff that doesn't need changing.

Woooooo!!

Yay.

link   
I am just pushing buttons (Icons) until I figure this out! (so far, so bad) I can't find nothing...

Oh...

How do you know if you get a PM??
edit on 30-8-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

link   
Wow, I love the new look. Much easier to use and navigate.

Many thanks for all your hard work.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Click the name of the person that made the last post. That takes you directly to the last post in the thread.

link   

Night Star
The site won't allowmeto give stars,only flags. GRRRR What's up with that?

Certain forums only allow flags, no stars. This forum is one of them.

link   
reply to post by Night Star

Im pretty sure there are familiar looking little stars in the top left corner of a persons post. I havent clicked on any yet though to find out if they work, and you wont see any of that in BB&Q anyway lol.

A small experiment is in order I believe!

Edit to add, I added a star to a post in a thread, and the only issue I had, was a windows dialogue box coming up which said something that made about as much sense as "sdiogisajdflasgsaidusiufgs;oiuw3p9udoiw34utp9w443993w'p9utw'p9u39pu= undefined" with a little confirm button. I clicked confirm and lo and behold, there fell my star!

Its all gravy !
edit on 30-8-2013 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join