It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name's Nick Pope and I used to run the British Government's UFO project, Ask Me Anything

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mekhanics

In the lead up to the launch of The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, 2K Games and former UFO Investigator Nick Pope want to hear your extra-terrestrial stories!

edit on 27-8-2013 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

Mr. Pope,

In light of this advertisement for "The Bureau: XCOM Declassified" it appears as if a concerted effort is taking place to extract information from the unwashed masses, (regular people), regarding the alien/UFO phenomena.

Is it safe to assume that disclosure will not take place on a grand scale, as in an announcement by world leaders, but rather disclosure is taking place on an indivdual basis?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NickPope

Hello Nick...Been using my real name here for years...Never thought to do what this thread does though...direct Q&A!

ATS mgt. never asks me to do it..strange?

The conferences you are attending all over..well..

they do not want me? Never get invited...only NASA footage of all flights & they all want storytellers...WHY?

Do you actually have to HUSTLE these conferences. Dolan has reached out.. but the rest, they seem oblivious to what I have..(& still have that no one has yet seem.)

So how many of these conferences really want evidence..or is it an in crowd...just saying...

After all NICK..... the bulk of all NASA UFO video evidence on the net is all from me! Millions & millions of hits on everything..all from my "Secret NASA" archives & copied all over the world.

Now I see other people presenting my material..

I enjoyed my UK conferences..& wish to be able to contribute more..you were always polite & engaging & I hope we can compare notes ..maybe soon!!??

cheers Nick

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasmine23
So that means we are still left in the dark about everything,i want someone on that say to hell with a oath of secrecy and just tell the truth,we as a human race deserve answers. As in the Cash- Landrum case where human lives were affected by some unknown craft be it a secret military craft are a UFO,The Air Force ruling on that case was that they deny any knowledge on that incident,there are more incidents of the craft having a physical affect on humans lives.So until someone with a backbone comes forward who isn't afraid of repercussions we will never learn the truth,it still will be the same old run around of the UFO issue

Certainly the Cash-Landrum case was a horrific case of official evil and denial.

However, I just don't see it as realistic that expecting XYZ whistleblower folks to come forward and spew startlingly will work out satisfyingly.

Whatever secrets, deceptions, disinformation etc. puzzle pieces are out there . . . there's ENORMOUS INVESTMENT in maintaining what we observe in the field. I don't see that altering until the satanic leadership/critters order it.

I hope I'm wrong . . . maybe there will be increasing cracks in the fabric of the status quo as we race along to WW3 and Armageddon.

I'm sure not holding my breath.

And how would we trust and verify whateve XYZ whistleblower said? Would we need 3, 5, 8, 12 saying the same thing before we gave it weight?

I think Nick has done an admirable job with his own criteria for integrity toward his former employer as well as to the public and to himself. I'm comfortable enough with that. I don't want to expect more of him than I would myself in his situation.

I think inferences that we can already make about whether that sphere--re the critters and their involvement with the globalist oligarchy--that sphere's motives, goals, agenda . . . evil or good . . . THAT'S the critical issue. And it seems to me, there's plenty of evidence more or less clearly indicating which end of that continuum they operate from and on.

There's something evil this way slithers.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephilimsreturn

Nick is soon out with this book:

Encounter in Rendlesham Forest: The Inside Story of the World's Best-Documented UFO Incident Hardcover – March 18, 2014
by Nick Pope (Author) , John Burroughs (Author) , Jim Penniston (Author)

Encounter in Rendlesham Forest

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This is a long long thread, so if it's been asked I may have missed it.

I'm curious if there is some part of government based "UFO investigation" which is involved in identifying and bringing under government control privately developed technology? I could see potential for unusual phenomena to occur when somebody is experimenting with whatever apparatus, and witnesses not knowing the nature of such would obviously be inclined to report the phenomena as UFOs.

I'd suspect there may be some types of exotic tech which may be kept secret, and although considered quite useful also has some charactaristics which government(s) would also consider dangerous. (Something like a "free energy" or gravitic device may potentially be weaponizable.) Obviously the government wouldn't want to publicly list certain technology as contraband or restricted, as it would raise eyebrows. (What better way to have your competition start researching it and lose that ace up your sleeve? Nuclear tech is a fairly obvious example.) Yet if such seemingly unusual technology exists, my suspicion is that some agencies would definitely want to keep it under wraps for as long as possible, and I believe they would exercise various means to do so. (Obviously a popular topic of discussion when it comes to conspiracies, so the UFOlogy relationship is just a minor part.)

So, to sum up the question... Is there actually an aspect of government based UFO investigation which is used for or has the intent of restricting technology?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Mr. Pope ,

I recall you saying in a previous post something along the lines that secrecy involving UFO is mainly to ensure we first understand , acquire and or research the technology before anyone (unfriendlies, terrorist,etc ) gets to , for safety reasons.

Which is understandable , but doesn't this also indicate that its very unlikely for a gov't to ever disclose the truth if it ever does come across alien technology?

Thank you in advance

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
No, the Belgians didn't cut it at all

Sometimes no answer is the answer. Having sources helps as well.
edit on 28-8-2013 by RageAgainstFascism because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

OK nick. i want to ask you something. is there alian's and UFO's? yes or no? have you seen any your self and is there a cover up?
edit on 11/5/2013 by theman1111 because: spelling mistake

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Nick,

Are you open to the possibilities...that some of otherworlders that occasionally visit our planet, are of the dinosauroid humanoid variety --- with comparisons to our own home planet --- on the evolutionary scale of 65 million years --- for a highly intelligent biological species that could possibly advance to the stage of interstellar travel?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Agh.... Someone - before starting - should've showed Nick the [quote-reply] function. Would've made for a much more fluid Q&A, that we could've merely gone to his profile and clicked on his posts to examine.

Oh well.

S & F for the effort putting this Q&A session together. Thanks for joining us, Nick!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

If you click the top left of his posts where it say "reply to post by" you can view the original post.

Just as you can see your own post in this one by clicking the top left where it says

reply to post by SquirrelNutz

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickPope
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I can't recall having come across a lighting configuration quite like this. The nearest I've heard about is three bright lights at the edges of a flat triangle shape, and a larger, fainter light in the center. Colors vary.

That actually sounds very similar to what we saw but the craft didn't appear flat and had softer lines. 3 orange lights in a triangle configuration, white light in the center on the underbelly Myself and two other witnesses got one heck of an eyeful. What made it novel was the apparent construction of the lights themselves. Round, domed, and most likely using a noble gas. The closest analogy to the actual lights would be similar to this but sliced in half and attached to an aircraft: www.morison.info...

My grandfather was a colonel in the USAF (hence why my first instinct was to call them). Based on all of his stories, figuring out how to make planes more stealthy was the general motivation of the USAF. While what we witnessed was silent running, the lights made it impossible to miss. Pretty counterintuitive. This craft buzzed Window Rock, AZ, the Navajo Nation capital so the pilot chose to pass over the largest settlement on the reservation as opposed to the copious amounts of infinitely less settled areas surrounding it. Unless they were testing some sort of ground spotting type of program, that, too, would seem to be counterintuitive for an experimental stealth craft. These orange lit craft were a fairly common sight out there. Hopefully, this provides more information for your mental filing cabinet on the subject.

And on a funny side note--I'm rh neg. Maybe I should be glad, should it have been extraterrestrial, that they didn't stop by to say "hello".
Thank you for your time, sir.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

I think that is a great idea. I am somewhat disappointed my questions did not receive any answer.

Thank you very much for gracing ATS and its membership with your presence and the opportunity to "Ask anything." My two-part (A/B) question deals with this quote from your opening post:

NickPope: "In relation to the UFO phenomenon, I classify myself neither as a believer nor as a skeptic. Accordingly, I sometimes manage to upset ufologists in both camps. I certainly think that there are some compelling cases out there and clearly there's more to this than just weather balloons, swamp gas and fake videos on YouTube."

Since you have had the opportunity to conduct: 1) First-hand reviews of key, sometimes classified, documents; 2) Direct interviews of the persons involved in unresolved cases; and, 3) Actual visits of the areas involved: and this has led you to make a declaration, "... there's clearly something more...," then: A) Other than the simple statement, "It remains an unexplained flying object," what other specific data revealed during the investigation(s) give rise to the declaration; and, B) How can this statement not be construed as a definitive position of a believer, rather than, "neither a believer nor a skeptic?" Thank you very much

And:

NickPope: "As an example, I've seen information on WikiLeaks that would undoubtedly endanger human lives."

Since this is a common statement made to the general public on a frequent basis via the mainstream media, I feel compelled to ask you: Whose lives and in what fashion?

reply to post by AfterInfinity

Can you ascertain a potential security breech if these questions were answered? I fail to see one at this moment.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey
reply to post by Korg Trinity

I think that is a great idea. I am somewhat disappointed my questions did not receive any answer.

Thank you very much for gracing ATS and its membership with your presence and the opportunity to "Ask anything." My two-part (A/B) question deals with this quote from your opening post:

NickPope: "In relation to the UFO phenomenon, I classify myself neither as a believer nor as a skeptic. Accordingly, I sometimes manage to upset ufologists in both camps. I certainly think that there are some compelling cases out there and clearly there's more to this than just weather balloons, swamp gas and fake videos on YouTube."

Since you have had the opportunity to conduct: 1) First-hand reviews of key, sometimes classified, documents; 2) Direct interviews of the persons involved in unresolved cases; and, 3) Actual visits of the areas involved: and this has led you to make a declaration, "... there's clearly something more...," then: A) Other than the simple statement, "It remains an unexplained flying object," what other specific data revealed during the investigation(s) give rise to the declaration; and, B) How can this statement not be construed as a definitive position of a believer, rather than, "neither a believer nor a skeptic?" Thank you very much

And:

NickPope: "As an example, I've seen information on WikiLeaks that would undoubtedly endanger human lives."

Since this is a common statement made to the general public on a frequent basis via the mainstream media, I feel compelled to ask you: Whose lives and in what fashion?

reply to post by AfterInfinity

Can you ascertain a potential security breech if these questions were answered? I fail to see one at this moment.

I can answer why your questions, among over 300 being posed, aren't being answered. It's because you are being a jerk. That last question, in particular, shows it. You don't like what he has said, so you are trying to get into an argument with him. But that's not how this thing was set up. This is not a debate. Pope is not compelled to answer questions the way you want him to or to your satisfaction nor respond to your objections. He's not even obligated to answer your questions at all, especially since they appear to have an agenda behind them. You're trying to play semantic word games with him, trip him up. He's already said he doesn't care for the type of question that says, "Here's my world view and what I think and here's a series of complex questions for you." That's precisely what you did. Springer already said "that's enough questions, let's let him answer some that have already been posted," and what do you do? Post more questions. Is ANYBODY paying attention around here?

You're certainly not the only one. Pope says he doesn't believe Jesus stops abductions, and the chorus of "Oh, Noes! You are wrong!!" follows. But it's not about you, my special little snowflakes. If you want to explore that topic, go start a thread on it and have your day in court. This is about what Pope can tell us, literally, from his special vantage point not shared by the rest of us. It's about what Pope believes and knows, not about what YOU believe and don't know. Do you think your objection will change his mind? My guess is his reaction might be more along the lines of, "These guys are nuts. Why did I ever agree to do this?"

So do you want to take advantage of this unique opportunity and learn what you can, or do you simply want to harass the man because you don't agree with him?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well people. I think we should thank Nick for his time.

What do you feel we learned from this exercise?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageman
What do you feel we learned from this exercise?

Hm... that Nick Pope wasn't at liberty to discuss many (yet important) points?

With apologies, I’m not really able to comment

I certainly wasn't aware of any alien involvement

can't go into the specifics.

just to quote a few of his replies.

edit on 28-8-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickPope

Since leaving the MoD in 2006, I've been involved in the 5-year program to declassify and release the entire archive of MoD UFO files, which was completed in June. I've been the public face of this process and have probably given several hundred media interviews on the subject, including appearances on high-profile shows such as Good Morning America, Larry King Live and the BBC News.

In relation to the UFO phenomenon, I classify myself neither as a believer nor as a skeptic. Accordingly, I sometimes manage to upset ufologists in both camps. I certainly think that there are some compelling cases out there and clearly there's more to this than just weather balloons, swamp gas and fake videos on YouTube. However, I do not regard the case for extraterrestrial visitation to have been conclusively proven and I disagree with most of the conspiracy theories on the subject. Whatever the true nature of the UFO phenomenon, I believe it raises important defense, national security and air safety issues. It is also worthy of more general scientific study.

I now work as an author, journalist and broadcaster, covering a wide range of subjects including the unexplained, conspiracy theories, fringe science and science fiction. I also help with the launch of various sci-fi movies and alien-themed video games, the latest of which is The Bureau: XCOM Declassified.

Ask Me Anything.

Dear Mr. Pope
Thank you for your time and you ability or allowed ability to answer questions.

I believe you attained top secret clearances during your time working for MoD and the British Government. These would include not revealing any information relative to your countries National Security or perhaps an Ally's abilities. These documents you must have signed, not only would have been effective during your employment for the government, but also an oath after you left the agency. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

I personally have worked in the U.S. in a number of classified programs that required not only my time of direct involvement in a variety of programs, but my conditions of employment due to my security clearances and the exposure to classified programs, legally prohibited me from discussing, revealing any information that is considered a threat to National Security.

So, my question is, Since you claim yourself neither "as a believer nor a skeptic" regarding the UFO phenomenon, this would indicate that you are conducting your answers, assumptions in a manner that would not violate your terms of employment involving Top Secret, Classified information, even though you do not work directly for your country in a formal matter today,

Is it fair to say, even today, you are unable to release any informantion deemed classified or in the interests of National Security per your employment requirements during and after your work concluded. To do so, would put at risk any pension or gov't benefits you may continue to recieve.

In otherwords, you are legally bound, and are unable, hence unwilling to reveal any true, factual information regarding area's of classified, national security subjects involving ET, Aliens, Advanced non terrestial events, per terms of your employment?

Thank you kindly for your response.
edit on 28-8-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

Hm, Nick Pope wasn't on the board since tuesday. He invested 48 hours, now his time is up, so he's off.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I can answer why your questions, among over 300 being posed, aren't being answered. It's because you are being a jerk. That last question, in particular, shows it.

Well now. You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I am very happy you can ascertain the spirit in which the questions were posed. Does this require some special decoder sensor to which I am not privy?
Just in case, THIS PORTION my reply to you WAS written with a certain amount of jerkiness felt on my part.

You don't like what he has said, so you are trying to get into an argument with him. But that's not how this thing was set up. This is not a debate. Pope is not compelled to answer questions the way you want him to or to your satisfaction nor respond to your objections.

No debating. A simple interrogative posed on my part. Anyone with a MINIMUM of critical thinking skills can read my posts and understand.

He's not even obligated to answer your questions at all, especially since they appear to have an agenda behind them. You're trying to play semantic word games with him, trip him up. He's already said he doesn't care for the type of question that says, "Here's my world view and what I think and here's a series of complex questions for you."

Other than the FACT I ALREADY realized (prior to posting any questions) he is not under any obligation to answer any questions at all, the rest of this paragraph can be summed up thusly: Wrong...totally wrong.

That's precisely what you did. Springer already said "that's enough questions, let's let him answer some that have already been posted," and what do you do? Post more questions. Is ANYBODY paying attention around here?

I firmly suggest you take a look and READ VERRRRY SLOWWWLY....
1) Who did I reply to on my last post?
2) Was it you?
3) Was it NickPope?

The answer to the LAST TWO QUESTIONS is no.

So, since this is an A/B (virtual) conversation I am having with two other members posting in this thread, I kindly ask that you C your way out of it. Thank you in advance in for your cooperation.

ETA: I do not know Nick Pope or any other Pope for that matter...I have no reason to be a jerk or to engage him in any form of debate. I find it disturbing that anyone would, on the basis of READING (AND ONLY READING) THE ORIGINAL POSTS, declare themselves CAPABLE of determining tenor and intent on behalf of the writer. Did you miss the "Thank you very much," written twice in my first post in this thread, sparky?
edit on 28-8-2013 by totallackey because: further content

edit on 28-8-2013 by totallackey because: clarity

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Thank you, Nick Pope, for the six pages of civil, thoughtful replies you have made in this thread. I read them all and am grateful for the effort you have put into this.

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join