It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Aliens were to offer You Paradise in this World would you accept?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

if the offer is genuine, I would accept all of it except the double lifespan, it's long enough as it is, and even in paradise it would be long enough.. hard to know for sure though how long it would seem like paradise, the human brain is a busy little bee, and it needs to be occupied it wouldnt be content to have no issues to solve.... and so we would probably all be gone insane after a short time in paradise...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
My idea of paradise would be for people to MTOB and stop trying to impose their will on other people. \

Yes I would accept. I'm tired of people telling me what to do or not to do.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

If Aliens were to offer You Paradise in this World would you accept?

Yes, I'll accept the offer, with all the conditions as stipulated in the agreement you proposed, with the added provision that once the matter is settled, that the Aliens leave us alone and not interfere in our affairs again.

Judgment Day.

It would basically be a second chance for humanity to "get it right this time". A "Do-over". If, after such a wonderful opportunity we blow it again - then I would think humanity does not deserve this beautiful planet and the Aliens should move in and do with it and us as they will...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Why do we need aliens or god to make that offer? If I could live in a world where most individuals got up every day and said "I will do no harm to another", that would be paradise to me.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1951
Why do we need aliens or god to make that offer? If I could live in a world where most individuals got up every day and said "I will do no harm to another", that would be paradise to me.

Unfortunatlely in this world even though most do not want to do harm or take unfair advangtage, many still do.
Aliens, whether you believe they exist or not, have become sort of like a modern religion to many, they represent
minds that are superior to the often animalistic mind of man - they offer a hypothetical answer to man's inability
to evolve past his animalistic nature. What some hope is that if there are higher levels of intelligence in this
universe then our hypothetical aliens will represent this and will one day give us the key to advance and that
might offer man a better world even if it wasn't quite paradise.

Or as has been said before:
Beam us up Scotty, there is no intelligent life down here!

edit on 28-8-2013 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2013 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This is an interesting question. I think it may lead us to draw the wrong conclusion about our nature though. You present a scenario where man can have something given to them on a silver platter, and we only need to overcome our nature to receive it. If people are unable or unwilling to accept the platter then the implication is that our nature is so self-defeating that we can't overcome it for the proverbial pot of gold. I think this is the wrong conclusion.

I don't believe there is anything inherently wrong with human nature. We see the same behavior in other animals on our planet. Another poster mentioned that this behavior is repeated among the smallest units of life (cells). It is a challenge to overcome and it is simply a measure of how advanced we are. You drew a correlation between intelligence and peace. I believe that this is a reasonable yard stick for gauging our progress as a society. We have developed many technological advances at a exponential rate. Our social infrastructure needs to go through similar changes for it to become a more efficient system.

I ask that you consider a metaphor for social change. You wouldn't fault a caveman for his inability to build a semiconducting device because he doesn't have the knowledge. You wouldn't fault a time traveler from the future stranded in the stone-age for the same inability to construct a highly integrated semiconducting device because he doesn't have the infrastructure. If our social advancement is like technology then we shouldn't become depressed that we can't immediately construct the equivalent of a semiconducting device (ie. your paradise).

I believe that social change and advancement is, in fact, just another form of technology. It requires both knowledge and infrastructure. It is like a machine that runs smoothly if well oiled. It may seem hopeless, but it is only because you have your eye on a prize that is so far advanced beyond our social infrastructure right now.

We can create something better just as we did with planes and computers. In fact, it is probably the next big technological advancement, but it is also probably one of the most difficult engineering tasks we have ever faced.

That being said if hypothetical aliens had the power and desire to help us I suspect they would recognize the need for a society to grow slowly on its own and to face their own challenges. Otherwise, we would never fully realize what we have to offer. We would be dependent on somebody else. And then truly we would be dumb animals waiting for our next meal.
edit on 28-8-2013 by compressedFusion because: I revised device to highly integrated semi-conducting device since a diode would be plausible.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by compressedFusion

To make this point I'm going to ask you to imagine that you are an 'alien' - you come from a different culture than
the species man. Your species developed differently - they evolved without the continuous power struggle [survival
of the fittest] that reflects most life on Earth. One day while exploring this part of the galaxy you spot the planet
Earth and start observing. You note the infrastructure, study the history, and realize this species [human] comes
from a rough background, evolving from an endless eat or be eaten paradigm; And you sympathize, you can
understand why this species is warlike and aggressive. BUT what you can't understand is why after thousands,
many thousands, of years why this species can not see the folly or their history - why can't this species
realize that this endless power struggle has become meaningless - even the animals man raises don't need to
eat each other to survive as man feeds them - And you ask yourself why this species needs to keep up the
endless war paradigm using every excuse from religion to economics to hold itself back from the future
and maintain an endless war state of mind?

I keep imagining and hypothesizing that in this vast universe there are species of intelligent beings who fear
contamination from direct contact with humans - and hence your unexplained UFOs, etc. And just for the
heck of it post the question what if they change thier minds and decide yes this species Man can evolve, can
progress into the future and we will show them what this means - Would you and would most of humanity
except this gateway to a new universe???

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Let us take this into consideration:

1) Some complete strangers come into your home and tell you they will give you paradise.

2)You believe them because they have these funky trinkets, and tell you all about how their lives are wonderful and how they reached complete peace (story you cannot confirm at all)

3)You assume every advanced life would be benevolent (cannot confirm this)

Point one is the most important of all, the other one is to not assume stuff you have no idea about.
Destruction and overt wars are not the only ways beings can be perceived as "evil" by other beings.

So yeah, I would be wary if I was made that offer.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
" Beware of Greeks bearing gifts ".

I suppose I`d better write a line or two of pointless dribble right under this quote so I`m not violating the rules or whatever by posting a one-liner , so there you go , up to standard , takes your eye off the quote but it`s still there to see right ?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienView
reply to post by compressedFusion

...why can't this species
realize that this endless power struggle has become meaningless - even the animals man raises don't need to
eat each other to survive as man feeds them - And you ask yourself why this species needs to keep up the
endless war paradigm using every excuse from religion to economics to hold itself back from the future
and maintain an endless war state of mind?

I keep imagining and hypothesizing that in this vast universe there are species of intelligent beings who fear
contamination from direct contact with humans - and hence your unexplained UFOs, etc. And just for the
heck of it post the question what if they change thier minds and decide yes this species Man can evolve, can
progress into the future and we will show them what this means - Would you and would most of humanity
except this gateway to a new universe???

I believe that is a reasonable hypothesis. It's also possible that we are connected to each other and the Universe in a physical manner that we don't quite understand yet. It could be a tapestry with seemingly invisible threads. So perhaps the contact might not even need to be direct. In other words, I can accept the motivations as you have laid them out.

If you have had the experience of raising children then you will undoubtedly understand my next statement. If I were an alien trying to help Earth grow then I would probably believe that I can't just come in and uproot everything. Whatever help I could give would be slow and methodical to give mankind a chance to make mistakes and grow.

It is the same with our children. We want to protect them from the dangers of the world but it is a delicate balance. You teach them what you can but ultimately they have to make their own mistakes and decisions. Otherwise, you have clipped their wings and they remain in the nest.

I believe it is a difficult path that requires discipline and hard work. When you experience and live the change it seems more like stepping stones across a creek than a gateway to a new future. We are accepting a gateway to a better future by having this discussion in a civilized manner. Even if we don't all agree. If we can come together as adults and cast off our immaturity to have a meaningful discussion then we are stepping across the stones. If we can have the courage to care for each other and the motivation to find solutions to difficult (and inevitable) conflicts then we are stepping across the stones. Each stone is a constant test in accepting and striving for a better future. One day when we look back we realized we have crossed the threshold of the gate you have suggested.

If I were an alien trying to help mankind I would focus on trying to show the stones to step on. Maybe there is a shortcut and the path is a bit easier but we still have to walk down that path. I don't think we can be ferried.

Without the growth I'm suggesting I believe if we accepted the deal as you presented we would eventually be back to square one as other posters are suggesting. However, I believe we can harness other very positive aspects of our nature to assist in that growth and conditioning to make a permanent positive change.

So, I would turn down the offer of instant transformation and walk the tough path. I wouldn't mind a guide though

edit on 29-8-2013 by compressedFusion because: removed a repeat word

edit on 29-8-2013 by compressedFusion because: Added last paragraph.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
I would accept the offer, then suggest that anyone who doesn't and prefers war, death, killing and bloodshed be vaporized off the planet completely so that we could all get on with living a real wholesome and rewarding life.

You do realize the irony in wishing to destroy all of the destructive people, yes?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Oh I think most humans would accept that deal, they'd gladly give up all wars and conflict in return for advanced technology and a cure to all disease........but.....we are humans, give it 12 months and certain factions of humanity would want that advanced tech and cures for diseases all to themselves, they would see that there is a profit to be made.....and if they couldn't get what they wanted by peaceful means.............they'd go to war to get it.

And the cycle would begin again........because we are what we are.......Humans.......and it's what we do.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Unfortunatelly (and assuming the scenario you posted happened - alien visitation) we live in a world controled by big corporations (way big!).

A few millions people might be receptive to accept that alien offer but TPTB never will allow that to happen. I doubt that they even allowed the alien to manifest their presence, let alone to make such an offer!

Just take a look at all (and i mean all) earth´s governments.
Go see how the vast majority of the world population live.
Even in the so-called democratic countries political transparency and accountabillity is a farse. Elections are there to create on the masses an illusion of power, that they (the people) are in control.

Take a deep look into the world´s economy, our dependences on oil and energy, the GMO´s and corporations like Monsanto, the way we dispose our waists, Fukushima, Chernobyl and the picture isn´t brilliant, isn´t it?

Besides, just take your time to analyse how debunkers act here on ATS (just debunkers, I´m not talking about skepticism).
How they jump so eagerly, fast and furiously over anyone that claims anything about aliens/UFO´s and the like. How promptly they pass certificates of mental illness and insanity (talking about sane behavior?).

If there were aliens and they are visiting us, they must bypass the political/social and economical infrastructure to reach Mankind.

And that´s is no easy task, is it?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by meaningless333

Yes, meaningless333 the 'establishment powers' would do all in their power to block a transformation that
threatens their power base BUT our hypothetical scenario is being run by beings whose power we can only
imagine. The assumption is that they have already decided not to barge-in and take over by force - so they
will make a kinder and gentler offer. I don't believe they would be against competition and productive business
so they will not attempt to enforce a communist style control mechanism upon the world but politically they
would obviously be left-leaning - profits are good but must feedback to the general well being of all. I know this
sounds like a very human political view but I as a human can only see it that way. And as far as the question
that would come-up, can you trust them? Well if these super-mind, super-advanced beings make it obvious
that they could easily have conquered and enslaved us if they wanted to, then why would you not trust them?

And as far as compressedFusion's theory that man needs to progress slowly and learn - my view is, but how
long will it take for man to learn? Isn't the many thousands of years of man's often absurd and barbaric
history show man does not learn from experience?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
-Albert Einstein

To date human history still maintains an insane ring to it - but the stakes have gotten higher -
with nuclear, chemical and biological war on the table - the next big war might be the last.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Who wouldn't accept the offer?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienView
Would you accept a genuine offer to a world of paradise [this might
include any paradisiacal concepts you might imagine but would exempt war and destruction as not
acceptable].
edit on 23-8-2013 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

To answer your question: Yes. And those who want money, war and a continuance of this hell-hole should be sent elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Ack, I HATE badly formatted posts, worse still to see the error constantly repeated!

But putting that to one side I'd say me and my family would jump at the idea, sure it would be a huge gamble but just look around you at the moment, the world is on the brink of WWIII, criminality is sky high and some people are simply living like animals where violence and crime are their only course of action.

I detest this existence and would love my daughter to be in a better world.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I think Hitler had the right idea when he thought about humans living in paradise, but it's flawed. His idea while I strongly oppose, was to eliminate wars between races and religion and just have everyone equal with "the superior race". But even then, you'll eventually have people develop their own cults/religion/reasons to fight. Two Irish guys will fight at a pub because they disagree on a soccer team, for all we know that could be enough to trigger a world war in this false-reality utopia.

Unless we lived under the Alien's perfect rules and were able to perfectly follow them as a whole, there's no way a utopia could exist however in my reality of a utopia would be just having me and my wife and the world to ourselves. If that's what Aliens claimed as a Utopia then that's okay, I would accept it. However that wouldn't be utopia for anyone else because they would all be dead. In other words, utopia is defined from person to person and unless everyone has a world built exactly for them, utopia won't exist although you can create a world where the majority of the people are content.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join