It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Aliens were to offer You Paradise in this World would you accept?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Let us assume that there are real aliens from another world possessing an advanced science and technology
beyond your wildest imagination. And then after thousands of years of observing the human race they have
decided to communicate directly and openly. They tell us they can advance our technology by thousands
of years and with this advanced technology all disease will be conquerable, the human life span will double,
and it will be possible for almost all production to be mechanized so the need for manual work would be very
limited. They could shortly turn the planet Earth into a paradise to rival any and all paradises offered by
religion or social utopians. BUT there is a price to pay; Man must give up on war completely as a means to
solve social problems; Money would lose much of its value as all would be covered by this new world
and money and profit would be more a game than the endless war it now is.

I speculate Man would reject the alien offer because man accepts the hellish nature of his existence and
could not accept paradise if offered to him - As a famous philosopher once said "Where ever Man is
there is Hell." What do you think? Would you accept a genuine offer to a world of paradise [this might
include any paradisiacal concepts you might imagine but would exempt war and destruction as not
acceptable]. Or would most humans automatically reject such an offer even if it could be shown to be
valid and feasible? Is it the nature of Man that requires Hell as his home? And would you trust the
alien offer even if it looked real and possible? Can you trust a species of being that is so very far
advanced above your level of consciousness and development?
edit on 23-8-2013 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
How could you possibly know the offer is genuine and benevolent, and not a scam? If you consider how good some people are at conning even the alert, then imagine how more advanced aliens could be. Just because they come from a different planet does not mean things are done differently there. After all, life by its very nature is competitive, and you can bet if an advanced race came here offering us paradise, there would be an ulterior motive.

We are more than capable of creating paradise for ourselves. But you are right, there are those who do not want it, and would rather raise hell because its more fun, or more profitable, and they always put a stop to those who try.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It is only a very small number of humans that want wars!! Because they profit from it!

The very LARGE majority have no interest in war and only wish for a quiet peaceful life.

So yes, I think most people would be agreeable.
edit on 23-8-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I would accept the offer, then suggest that anyone who doesn't and prefers war, death, killing and bloodshed be vaporized off the planet completely so that we could all get on with living a real wholesome and rewarding life.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
I would accept the offer, then suggest that anyone who doesn't and prefers war, death, killing and bloodshed be vaporized off the planet completely so that we could all get on with living a real wholesome and rewarding life.

Hand me the vaporizer please

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

Are you trying to be ironic?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

Oh I think most humans would accept that deal, they'd gladly give up all wars and conflict in return for advanced technology and a cure to all disease........but.....we are humans, give it 12 months and certain factions of humanity would want that advanced tech and cures for diseases all to themselves, they would see that there is a profit to be made.....and if they couldn't get what they wanted by peaceful means.............they'd go to war to get it.

And the cycle would begin again........because we are what we are.......Humans.......and it's what we do.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Such an offer wouldn't be made as we would be unable to handle it, maybe as a mean practical joke I suppose.

It would be akin to 'advancing' a gorilla by handing it a primed grenade.

We are only still existing because we tightly control our own most destructive tech. Its by no means certain we will continue to do so. Pushing us forward 1000 years of technical development would doom us in hurry.

For every enlightened person who would use the benefits theres a nut who'd giggle and quote scripture as he blew us all to oblivion.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoParadigm

Are you trying to be ironic?

No, that's my genuine answer. What's yours?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I can't speak for the rest of the human race but this human would gladly be all over it. I can't speak for the aliens either and if they were sincere and forthright, but if that's what it took to get to there..yeah any day of the week for me.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I just found it ironic that your first suggestion after having been offered an Utopia, would be to kill some more people.

Especially after your words about war and killing.

Me personally, I think true paradise cannot be offered by aliens or any other outside force, it has to come from within.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I don't know if it's just our conditioning or suspicion but why do we always think that the Aliens would have an alternative agenda or indeed be lying when such promising offers are made?(hypothetically of course)
edit on 23-8-2013 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Will the alien be named Jaque Fresco?

He may look odd, but he's human. His ideas encompass pretty much every thing you've mentioned. It's really interesting. There are some documentaries on youtube about his idea for a new world.

Not all ideas for globalism are bad!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoParadigm

I just found it ironic that your first suggestion after having been offered an Utopia, would be to kill some more people.

Especially after your words about war and killing.

Me personally, I think true paradise cannot be offered by aliens or any other outside force, it has to come from within.

My response was made because the op stated "BUT there is a price to pay; Man must give up on war completely as a means to solve social problems"

In my view and judging by what I have already seen of Mans actions, some would not be willing to give up on war as it brings them power and sometimes profit over others. So they would not, I suspect not accept the offer.
My response in effect was to remove them by vaporization, so that the utopia plan could go ahead, leaving nothing but good on Earth. In fact, just saying that last line to myself sounds just too good to be true. A sad fact of present life I suppose.

edit on 23-8-2013 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Because we are untrustworthy ourselves and it is a survival instinct to be wary of the unknown.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

why do we always think that the Aliens would have an alternative agenda or indeed be lying when such promising offers are made?

I think we're supposed to think like that because Aliens will soon be the next Boogyman.
edit on 23-8-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hushabye
Will the alien be named Jaque Fresco?

He may look odd, but he's human. His ideas encompass pretty much every thing you've mentioned. It's really interesting. There are some documentaries on youtube about his idea for a new world.

Not all ideas for globalism are bad!

Thank's for the link Hushabye, I'll check that out later! Looks interesting

link   

I'd love it but it would be rejected. Man isn't necessarily in love with war outside the more recent profit from it. Man is more a paranoid little troll, as a species, and would demand it all be given before war or anything else be given up on our side. I could hear the arguments about how this race of thousands of years advancement would somehow be a bigger threat if we gave up our stone age toy military by relative comparison. Oh, I'm sure they'd believe the absurd concept enough to ruin the offer too.

Aliens would be better off teleporting every leader into open space to suck vacuum for awhile and just talk to the normal folk.

link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

why do we always think that the Aliens would have an alternative agenda or indeed be lying when such promising offers are made?

I think we're supposed to think like that because Aliens will soon be the net Boogyman.

That is so undeniably true lol

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000

I'd love it but it would be rejected. Man isn't necessarily in love with war outside the more recent profit from it. Man is more a paranoid little troll, as a species, and would demand it all be given before war or anything else be given up on our side. I could hear the arguments about how this race of thousands of years advancement would somehow be a bigger threat if we gave up our stone age toy military by relative comparison. Oh, I'm sure they'd believe the absurd concept enough to ruin the offer too.

Aliens would be better off teleporting every leader into open space to suck vacuum for awhile and just talk to the normal folk.

Exactly, after all, all these leaders would have to relinquish power and in effect just become one of the masses. Is it not mans own greed that causes him to ultimately destroy himself and his fellow man.

I mean, even if Utopia was delivered, there would I suspect still be those who wanted to lead and benefit over and above any Alien race. Perhaps it is just part of our innate destiny.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join