It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Aliens were to offer You Paradise in this World would you accept?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

I would look at it this way if what they present has an end result of us joining a galactic society of once was primitive species from other planets.

Give it all to me even if it means massive sacrifices.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

WE WANT WAR !!!!!

signed,
The Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

You're welcome. Coolest thing is, his vision could be created with a little work and willingness. However, like the OP said, people will probably (they already have,even) choose to continue on our path of destruction.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

You know in the mind of god dark is light and light is dark and it's all one right?

War is peace!

Peace is war!

Apocalypse is salvation.

In other words the four horsemen bring about paradise to mankind.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

They tell us they can advance our technology by thousands
of years and with this advanced technology all disease will be conquerable, the human life span will double,
and it will be possible for almost all production to be mechanized so the need for manual work would be very
limited. They could shortly turn the planet Earth into a paradise to rival any and all paradises offered by
religion or social utopians.

Did you ever consider for one moment that this is not everyone's idea utopia?

Maybe you should change the tile of the thread to If Aliens were to offer you MY idea of Paradise in this World would you accept?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

This is why many have to sacrifice wants for the better good. In the end mankind won't have a say on a mob rules type scale to influence paradise.

It will be what someone else wants and everyone will have already been considered in it's planning.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Hmmn, so what would your idea of Utopia be?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Hey AV, always a fun and interesting topic you bring to discuss and dream about. Well, if life span were to double and solutions to many of our medical mysteries are solved like cancer, etc., we most certainly would face some major problems, such as the depletion of resources in an ever growing population, living longer. Less food, water to feed the masses. Unless of course our alien friends have solved feeding an ever growing populace.

Next big question, what's in it for the Aliens?? Simply for mankind to stop wars, killing of each other. Ok, I'll bite. Most of the worlds population would want peace and tranquility. However, there would be the few degenerates, crazies that would have to be eliminated to keep our new found Utopia peaceful.

Sounds appealing, and in some ways, a touch of eugenics....keeping the best of the best and discarding those undesirables who want to infringe upon our happiness and bliss. Do away with them....I'm sure the Aliens would help.

If this is the way it is suppose to be meant, this is the grand plan.....well, why not. Let's stop the fighting, let's grow as a species, a love fearing world. Like a good neighbor...your Alien friends are here!!! Sure, why not. I for one am not bent on wars, killing anyone except in self defense. So if we could eliminate this threat and focus on social issues, remain teachable......this could be one if not, the most significant event in the history of mankind.

Count me in!! But I'd love a nice trip in their ships to show me around the neighborhood and the progress made by others they have approached with the same deal. Peace!!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
I would accept the offer, then suggest that anyone who doesn't and prefers war, death, killing and bloodshed be vaporized off the planet completely so that we could all get on with living a real wholesome and rewarding life.

You mean you would have a war to stop people who like wars? A little irony there yeah. So do the people who want to continue war just line up while you vaporize them or is this a long drawn out battle that takes a year, decade or century to finalize.

And once the war to stop war is over, do the aliens still want to offer this? Or were the benevolent ones supposed to be the ones doing the vaporizing, in which case... would make their offer kind of a joke.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by uk today

You know in the mind of god dark is light and light is dark and it's all one right?

War is peace!

Peace is war!

Apocalypse is salvation.

In other words the four horsemen bring about paradise to mankind.

So light and dark are all one thing ??
Paradise on earth the horsemen do bring ??
But how can war masquerade as peace,
and visa-versa ??? What a mindtease !!!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Originally posted by boncho --------- "You mean you would have a war to stop people who like wars? A little irony there yeah. So do the people who want to continue war just line up while you vaporize them or is this a long drawn out battle that takes a year, decade or century to finalize. And once the war to stop war is over, do the aliens still want to offer this? Or were the benevolent ones supposed to be the ones doing the vaporizing, in which case... would make their offer kind of a joke".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it means that in the Utopia all death and killings etc would stop for the future of mankind then yes. Remove a few million murders now, so that everyone else can live in peace for eternity HELL YEAH!!!!!

I don't think it would need a war though as I'm sure that if Aliens had the technology to create a Utopia on Earth, they would sure find it easy to remove the Evil among us. Call it Collateral damage.

edit on 23-8-2013 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2013 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Some may be missing the point. IF any form of violence or war is required to install the new world paradigm
it is a dead issue - the aliens automatically withdraw the offer. For one moment in time they are asking if
that species of being called Human can exist without waring against itself. Can man evolve to a unified species
that can comprehend the advantage of not being at war with itself?

Man has never done this. Alexander did not conquer the known world and Jesus and other religious leaders
also could not do it. The aliens will not coerce or force Humanity to accept their offer - it must be a voluntary
decision - Some would say this is impossible - Some might still believe it is possible?

They will not offer advanced technology to a warlike species.

edit on 23-8-2013 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

In that case then no, I say it could never happen. There are already too many people on this planet who are evil. When I say evil I mean it in the broadest sense but evil none the less.

It is astonishing what humans will do in order to obtain personal gain. I don't believe that some could give it up and live a better life even if such an idyllic offer was made.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Interesting how you assume that by me pointing out that not everyone shares the same idea of utopia as the op that i am speaking for myself.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Interesting how you assume that by me pointing out that not everyone shares the same idea of utopia as the op that i am speaking for myself.

Yeah ok YAWN
Goodnight

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
No, If we can't overcome an outside threat, or cannot adapt to the danger of solar or galactic invasions,
it's the final nail in our coffin as a species. It really troubles me that so many people are counting
on extra-terrestrial hand-outs for mankind. We need to evolve as a species, with all the violence,
warfare, and infinite economic collapses that come with it. If we can't do it ourselves, then we're
nothing more than an extension of whatever alien culture that decides to impose it's will upon us,
autonomy and freedom of choice would be subject to whoever has more weapons than us.
If we can't do it ourselves, we weren't meant to be, accept it, or lets get about to
to making ourselves an intergalactic society.
edit on 23-8-2013 by DelegateZero88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DelegateZero88

People assume aliens are like humans and think like you might see portrayed in Sci-Fy. What I'm saying is
in this vast universe the most advanced species have passed the stage, or possibly never were at the stage,
humanity is at now. To get to the higher levels of advancement technologically war has to go OR the very advanced
technology that could give paradise to man will destroy him - advanced military tech will one day put an end to
Man. If Man can evolve past that stage the door to the higher levels of technology will open - Aliens or not.
People wonder why the UFOs don't at least stop to say hello and that frightens them - For now it is aliens who are
afraid of us! They don't want to export humans warlike nature to their home world [if they still maintain a home
world]. Man very likely appears as an uncivilized species to higher forms of life - And after thousands of years
of human history we don't see much changing - Look at the Middle East for example similar to the way it was
thousands of years ago..

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Why do you seem so certain that 'alien' lifeforms are peaceful? (I hate that term, if the visitation phenomenon is real,
we don't have nearly enough information as to ascertain what they are, inter-dimensional/space travellers or
time travellers, 'aliens' seems so crass.) My short time on this Earth has taught me that all forms of life are in a near constant state
of warfare, and equillibriums and ecosystems are only formed when species at conflict for space and
resources reach a stale mate, from the smallest bacteria whiping complex lifeforms out with plagues,
to complex lifeforms whiping eachother out with genocide. Whatever the nature of life and the universe is,
no matter what is out there, no matter what they promise us, we must never give up our defenses or stop striving
to be greater than ourselves beyond our limitations. We have so much potential, stop wishing for an
'Alien Saviour' and start working on saving your species.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoParadigm

Because we are untrustworthy ourselves and it is a survival instinct to be wary of the unknown.

Do what I thiknk is best, or I'll have you killed.

Basically.

The op interests me, in that the premise is an alien of advancted technology assuming over us control by promising us 'paradise' if we do as they say. Slightly less than worship.

If they cam along today, all tentacles and proboscis, and bleep bleep translated their message, would mankind do it?

They do it for the concept god.. it would be interesting why, if they said no, they wouldn't do it for ugly glistening blobby aliens...

edit on 24-8-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
If we are discussing aliens as real then the same fact would also be we are being systematicly oppressed by an alien overseer.A big white reptile they say.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join