It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Aliens were to offer You Paradise in this World would you accept?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
If we are discussing aliens as real then the same fact would also be we are being systematicly oppressed by an alien overseer.A big white reptile they say.

See how you are? But to be fair you might be right. But in following the various 'hypothetical' possibilities I try to
consider the 'what if they are benign' hypothesis' to see how it plays out. I already tried the unfriendly what if
they invade hypothesis and most everyone said forget it man would lose - maybe we already lost eons ago and
that is why we are stuck on this planet and feel a reptilian mind in in charge. I simply give you the possibility
of friendly aliens offering an alternative to hell.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Can't argue with that..

by the way, dude or dudette, Awesome avatar!!! lmfao!! Quirky stuff does that to me sometimes. Probly why I like the Mighty Boosh.

edit on 24-8-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

If Aliens were to offer You Paradise in this World would you accept?

it wouldn't matter if I did , because :

Man must give up on war completely as a means to
solve social problems;

it would only take one person to reject it

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

I would not accept advanced tech, or any so called paradise that excluded freedom - I would accept help on creating a legal and political organization that solved the problems with an anarchistic system. Also help on dismantling the current predatory system of control enacted against us by the globalist, international bankers - and to redistribute the wealth they have stolen by deceit and force.

War is waged by states, in an anarchistic society there would be conflicts, but they would be local or individual. There are complex problems with creating laws that govern common property (water, air, land, living things, sunlight and so on) - and if an advanced civilization offered a comprehensive, tested and logical process whereby common property could be managed through lawful means then I would jump at it.

Apart form that, human beings need to forge their own destiny, discover their own advances and create their own achievements - any game you play where there is no risk and no loss gets boring real fast.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
If you want to remove war from humanity you'll have to go down the genetic modification route.

The desire to strive, scheme and fight for dominance is in our DNA.

We can manage it through the social conventions and political structures and conventions we build but it cant be made to go away. Not without changing what we are.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by PhoenixOD

This is why many have to sacrifice wants for the better good. In the end mankind won't have a say on a mob rules type scale to influence paradise.

It will be what someone else wants and everyone will have already been considered in it's planning.

I think there is no one size fits all - that is why I like anarchy. Small communities can form and try all kinds of different ways of organizing themselves, so long as force is not used and people can move when they want.

If external forces are removed, and things are left to free choice (anarchy) - then through this chaos of ideas and methods order will naturally evolve, ideas will be shared and people will move and join the systems which they like the best - perhaps one system will become dominant, one law, one process will unite everyone - or perhaps the pure chaos will continue as ideas rise and fall, and recycle over and over.

Regardless - the main issues are the distribution, and acceptable use of common property (air, water, land, living things, sunlight etc). Any system which most simply and equitably solves that problem is most likely to be widely acceptable (so long as it protects the individual - his body, freedom, products of labour and so on) and relies on the non aggression principle.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
In a nutshell, the human race would die from boredom, no more 'nine day wonders' no more TV programs on what surgeons have cut out of someone body, no more hysteria over who won 'this weeks idiot' millions of people who cannot think of anything to do, as its all done for them, suicides by the thousand as people cannot stand the thought of 160 years of absolute boredom, in any case 'paradise' is Arabic for 'garden', I have a garden, its got a shed in it, and a vegetable plot.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

This is why many have to sacrifice wants for the better good. In the end mankind won't have a say on a mob rules type scale to influence paradise.

It will be what someone else wants and everyone will have already been considered in it's planning.

Isnt that communism?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Isnt that communism?

No, its tyranny. He's suggesting 'benign tyrants' to impose utopia on humanity.

If you don't have the freedom to choose your own destiny you are living in a tyranny. It doesn't matter whether its comfortable on the surface or not.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Well I say most wars would eventually stop being fought if a alien race contacted us. That would blow the god theory out of the water and without religion being used to justify war then most wars would stop then and there.

They would need to give us some time to sort that out for our self but it may be possible.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Life is so that everyone must make up their own paradise just like everyone should build their own home. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh it away, the Lord might be replaced by alien but at least the Lord is a known entity, as long as you don't tick Him off there's no worry it might be taken away whatever is given.

Now if aliens were to offer blueprints of paradise with no strings attached (except the universe we all share might be a little bit better) that might be something different.
edit on 24/8/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

The ultimate welfare state.

What do you suppose humanity devoid of challenges and obstacles would look like?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

The ultimate welfare state.

What do you suppose humanity devoid of challenges and obstacles would look like?

Both Civilization and intelligence would have its own challenges - To date we can not rate the species Man
as either intelligent or civilized. The problem is that most humans can not visualize a world where war is not the
mainstay of its existence. Man's warlike nature could easily be channeled into sports [as it often is now]
and the challenges of a vast universe will be part of the paradigm - First game [sport] of the alien agenda is
to offer one trillion dollars [approximate] to the first nation [or business] to establish a colony on Mars
- hypothetical game one of the new world challenges of the new paradigm for the species Man.
edit on 25-8-2013 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I feel like we are all in this together. What good is paradise when the rest of the world is crumbling around you?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
All we have to do to make this world a Paradise is kill or imprison all the corrupt politicians, Oil barrons and anyone who makes a profit from war such as weapon makers.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
None of those things sound bad at all! Sign me up!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'll take two paradises please! Oops, already blowing paradise with my greed. I better keep working on my own enlightenment before I try to let others fix my problem - even if they are aliens. But....... If they were to offer me paradise by "enlightening" myself and all others then I'm in. Somebody said we would get bored, lol. That person must never have had a period of time where they were genuinely happy for days on end. I loved that time period and if it can last forever..... then i will consider that paradise ; ) Or did it end because I got bored? Hmmm.....

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
They would give us paradise, and ultimately the human race would fail this paradise and corrupt it. Look at the history of the human race...I think we are beyond living in utopia.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

If disease was eradicated, war was no more and life spans doubled the population growth would be unsustainable leading to war over living space and food.
Moreover bored people become agitated and fight!

As much as we would like to live the dream of floating around in white robes, strumming harps and eating grapes (utopia sounds like heaven!) it would only lead to trouble or the human race expanding outside of the planet and back to war!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dwyvan

Possibly I should not have used the word paradise as too often this has been offered by various religions and
many are skeptical about paradise because of this and also because Man seems to have accepted his paradigm
of Hell is the nature of the world. Also, paradise is a relative term and hard to define - one persons Hell
might be anthers paradise but lines could be drawn if you allow for human variability. So let us say what they
will offer is an end to man's historical Hell - an end to the cycle of destructive wars which always have a reason
as if they were necessary for history to go on - they are not - man could evolve past that stage. Competition
is still good - but war is always one step too far. And if we are going to switch to a highly advanced technology
war become suicide.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join