It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden Flood of Asylum Requests at U.S./Mexico Border

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan
reply to post by Thorneblood

So maybe the question should be, why don't we treat the Cartels like Terrorists and support the mexican people who seem to be under siege by drone striking these #ers the way we do in the Middle East?

Because that would cut the CIA's drug profits and they would be bombing their "compadres" in arms. Where do you think all the money for black projects come from.
Mexican coc aine and Afghan Heroin trade.
edit on 11-8-2013 by Sharingan because: (no reason given)

So yet you know America is helping destroy south America, yet you want to ignore the human cost of that via refugees...

Thats like Crapping in your neighbors pool and when he jumps the fence to use yours that's when you have a problem?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

Again, huge fail. People coming from a 3rd world country illegally have limited options in the US. They will live in slum neighborhoods. We are a product of our culture and environment more than race.

Yes, you're racist, and your "facts" attempt to hide the truth.

People are people. Adopt someone from a slum Mexican neighborhood and inject them into an upper class area stateside, and watch how "undesirable" they become as they adapt to their surrounding culture and environment.

Your thought process reminds me of a bully who is punching a smaller guy in the face while saying, "stop punching yourself". Freaking ridiculous excuse for a human being.

edit on 11-8-2013 by QuantriQueptidez because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I am not my Govt, I dont support them and I dont defend them, I personally am not crapping in anyones pool but they sure as hell are crapping in ours, by the millions.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaeTheShaman

I don't subscribe to racism, but I do subscribe to personal responsibility.

I don't subscribe to nationalism, but I do subscribe to fair laws.

I live 30 miles from Tijuana, and have competed with a vast surplus of illegal human labor for many many decades. Surviving with them, by turning wrenches, pounding nails, digging ditches, waiting tables, washing dishes, and so much more. Building houses, I would never be able to own. I can tell you for a fact, there's a class of working poor in America, that will never realize their dreams in life.

Don't get me wrong, most people are beautiful. It's the irresponsible and the corrupt, that I loath.

edit on 11-8-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Then try this.

Go to Mexico, find some Zeta Cartel members and tell them they are just pawns of the CIA and tools of the US.

See how well that works out for you, and if you survive, try that "I don't support my Government" line while you are being tortured, raped or beheaded.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Once knew a vintage Vietnam veteran who worked for Edgar "La Barbie" Valdez. He was employed as a freelance adviser. He loved Mexico, the culture. Unfortunately he also loved the heroin. He's now dead.

My grandfather and great-grandfather are both buried in Mexico. I love the Mexican people. I love Mexico. It's an extremely wholesome country, with untold opportunities and unimaginable potential.

It's my feeling though, that a people, born in a country have a certain responsibility to that country. If everyone decided to run away from their country simply because it was having some problems, things would never get fixed -- this is the attitude of self-serving individuals.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantriQueptidez

Here are some FACTS that back him up the elephant in the room that some people don't want to talk about :

INS/FBI Statistical Report on Undocumented Immigrants 2006 (First Quarter) INS/FBI Statistical Report on Undocumented Immigrants CRIME STATISTICS 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens. 83% of warrants for murder in Phoenix are for illegal aliens. 86% of warrants for murder in Albuquerque are for illegal aliens.

www.freerepublic.com...

An inconvenient truth for those people who think they are above the law, and think those people 'deserve' anything.

They want to come here USE THE FRONT DOOR instead of the back door.

The data provided to the House Judiciary Committee by DHS includes 276,412 records of charges against illegal and criminal immigrants identified by Secure Communities between October 27, 2008 and July 31, 2011. There are 159,286 unique individuals in the database and 205,101 unique arrest incidents.

www.theblaze.com...

Before the agency’s publication was made public a national newspaper revealed some of its findings. It says that up to 80% of crime in the U.S. is committed by gangs and that gang membership in this country has grown to 1 million, an increase of 200,000 in the last few years.

www.judicialwatch.org...
edit on 11-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Nice go Neo but you know as well as I do that people like that, (liberal progressives) dont want to see true statistics on race and crime.
When you show them them real world crime stats they either, ignore/deflect it, flat out deny it or just play the race card and say that the white man causes minorities to murder and rape.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

No person or group is above the law which is one of the biggest problems in America far too many people think they are above the law, and laws do not apply to them.

America does not need more of that archetype.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Proud Mexican People are fleeing their Homes.

We are playing cop all over the world and our own neighbors are being killed.

If we helped take out the Cartels millions might return to their homes.

To assume 20 million people all want to be Americans is just wrong.

If you can speak to these folks you would quickly learn. They don't want to be here.

They are proud to be Mexican. They just want the same thing we all want.

We must help Mexico get a hold on their security. Our backdoor is wide open.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I wish that I, as an American citizen, could claim political asylum based on progressive/liberal tyranny.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Schillinger

So do it. I recommend trying Germany.
Happy Trails

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan
Yes, yes, lets bring in more Mexican criminals, since we dont have enough already.
I live in a city within 200 miles from the Mexican border, the Hispanic population is 60% and they committed close to 100% of the homicides last year.
So, yea. Lets let in more of those hard working souls with neck tattoos and tear drop tattoos under their eye

Of course now Ill be labeled a racist for stating facts

How do you know this? Please provide any studies you have done that backs up your claims. Or are you simply spewing out your venom because your emotions have taken the best of you once again?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by seasoul
These scamming 'asylum seekers' claim to have a 'credible fear' of drug cartels?

They're nothing more than liars, and someone needs to call their bluff.

No way are there drug cartels in every square mile of every city or town, throughout Mexico.

These are simply a bunch of cons, trying to cheat their way through life.

Some facts about illegal immigration, in America.

source: www.infowars.com...

Their drug cartels are also all across the USA. There are many safe and beautiful places in Mexico. I too believe they are using an excuse to come and stay here.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wiz4769

this pisses me off to no end.

I am going through hell right now trying to get my wifes papers done and it is no piece of cake.

I have been alone for months.....will be for some more months......not to mention the money I am spending.....just to get my wifes papers done properly.

My kid is in another country and I can't even see her or send her here because I have to work so I can't take care of her.

People need to respect the law and show their intentions of being upstanding citizens to their adoptive country.

There is no reward for doing things correctly. only self satisfaction from a clean conscience .....I guess.

edit on 11-8-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
For the open border group who thinks that anyone shoud be able to go where they want when they want to....
That means that is is perfectly ok for murderers, rapers, theives, pedophiles etc. to come into your country?
What lovely neighbors they would make.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

So your alternative is to deny Asylum to innocent people from those same rapists, murderers and thieves when it is obvious their own government is having a hard time containing the explosive violence just across our border?

That makes you the bad neighbor.
edit on 11-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman
reply to post by Wiz4769

this pisses me off to no end.

I am going through hell right now trying to get my wifes papers done and it is no piece of cake.

I have been alone for months.....will be for some more months......not to mention the money I am spending.....just to get my wifes papers done properly.

My kid is in another country and I can't even see her or send her here because I have to work so I can't take care of her.

People need to respect the law and show their intentions of being upstanding citizens to their adoptive country.

There is no reward for doing things correctly. only self satisfaction from a clean conscience .....

I have much respect for anyone coming through the proper channels. Kudos for you and your family. It is a shame that so many get rewarded while your family is doing the right thing.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
For the open border group who thinks that anyone shoud be able to go where they want when they want to....
That means that is is perfectly ok for murderers, rapers, theives, pedophiles etc. to come into your country?
What lovely neighbors they would make.

Do we not already have a large number of Rapists, theives, pedophiles already living here? I mean I don't get what you are trying to prove? Do you seriously think that if we closed our borders and didn't allow any immigrants in legal or illegal then our problems would magically disappear?

Would it make you feel any better if someone was raped by a legal U.S. citizen?

for some odd reason I think it would.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join