It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden Flood of Asylum Requests at U.S./Mexico Border

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

KNOCK IT OFF AND GET ON TOPIC.

Posting Bans are next.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wiz4769

I am a middle class white male, I was a firefighter and owned a cafe. I lost everything this spring (left the fire service four years ago when a three year old in a major car accident broke my heart, so I do not get any benefit from being in the fire service.

I ended up with nothing this spring except my car. I went down to social services and they told me the only option I had was the homeless shelter. I moved into my ex-in laws garage. The next door neighbor moved from Cuba 12 years ago and cannot speak English. He has a home to live in and is right now grilling on his gas grill in his backyard and has never worked here in the USA.

So I have worked 60+ hour per week my entire adult life, been a firefighter EMT and I was told my only option is the homeless shelter?

Does anyone not see a problem here?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

The Irony, hey?

Yes, there is a HUGE problem. Just dont go fleeing to Mexico thinking you can get a better shake out of life. Especially doing it illegally. You will find yourself in a WORSE situation......

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
*** ATTENTION ***

KNOCK IT OFF AND GET ON TOPIC.

Posting Bans are next.

Well thats my cue.. I really dont wanna start another account.. cya

link   
Calling people horrible names likely wont fix our refugee problem.

I have read hundreds of Neo's posts. To call him a racist is totally uncalled for, and just wrong.

Northern Mexico is under siege. To prejudge these peoples status is well....dumb.

At least they are trying legally. They could just walk in. There a major problems in Mexico.

We just can't see the forest because of all the trees...

link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I'm not after easily manipulated, one sided statistics.

I'm after root causes to social ills.

Mexicans are seeking Amnesty. Perhaps we should look at which policies are in place stateside that are causing Mexicans to seek Amnesty, and which ones keep Mexicans from coming in the "front door".

There was some good insight into this by member Hefficide recently. His thread about the war on drugs.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantriQueptidez

Mexicans are seeking Amnesty. Perhaps we should look at which policies are in place stateside that are causing Mexicans to seek Amnesty, and which ones keep Mexicans from coming in the "front door".

How about Mexico fixing their problems?

How about their politician actually doing something about their problems, instead of taking the fast money "bribes" those traffickers have to offer?

The United States has its own problems, granted. But Mexico needs to fix their problem at home. Lets adopt Mexico's Immigration laws. Problem fixed.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The 'Dream 9' set up was what got the whole 'asylum' thing solidified.

It furthers the commie Cloward-Piven agenda.

And it bypasses (to a point) the long path to a Green Card.

This was a planned tactic.

Next we'll see some form of 'refugee' status based on the cartel wars in Mexico.

The goal, however, may be to overwhelm the system. This apparent new tactic comes on the heels of widely publicized activism by a group called 'The Dream 9' who also used a claim of asylum to gain re-entry to the country. As leftist organization Colorlines reported last week:

All nine of the activists have now established credible fear, a step toward an asylum hearing. Supporters are now hoping the Dream 9 will be eligible for parole, which would allow them to return to the United States until their asylum hearing dates.

This connection between the 'Dream 9' and the tactic of asylum was made by Spanish-language news source La Opiniòn. They report (translation by Google Translation) in an article entitled El asilo se volvió un sueño (in English: The asylum becomes a dream):

Following the release of nine Dreamers prisoners in Arizona, after a protest at the border, others have taken the path of asylum as a way to solve their deportation.

Media reports in San Diego are reporting that "hundreds of foreigners are trying to enter the country in the same way" and even that immigrants are being taught to use key phrases that they can stay in the country.

Reports tell of cases in the Port of Entry Otay Mesa, where 199 people have argued a 'credible fear "to the drug cartels in Mexico.

And the validation of Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) of the status of "credible fear", which allowed young people to stay at home and return to their families seems to have generated more of a headache for Immigration.

Now What ?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Green Cards...

Note: As a refugee, you are required by law to apply for permanent resident status 1 year after being admitted to the United States. As an asylee, you are not required to apply for permanent resident status after being granted asylum for 1 year, although it may be in your best interest to do so.

Right from the horse's mouth.....

Green Card Through Refugee or Asylee Status

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Green Cards...

Note: As a refugee, you are required by law to apply for permanent resident status 1 year after being admitted to the United States. As an asylee, you are not required to apply for permanent resident status after being granted asylum for 1 year, although it may be in your best interest to do so.

Right from the horse's mouth.....

Green Card Through Refugee or Asylee Status

Adding theory.

With all the resistance to immigration reform laws,

This is the latest trick to circumvent the system.

Refugee and Asylum status may not filter out criminals ??

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Refugee and Asylum status may not filter out criminals ??

Need to look no further than the Tsarnaev's to find the answer to that.

They are playing a dangerous game with we the people on the front lines.
edit on 11-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Mexico's cartel members, their families and their associates have been moving to various cities in the United States along the border to live, to the extent that these criminal groups have expanded their operations on American soil, warned a declassified alert of the National Drug Intelligence Center (NDIC).

Information from the Center Intelligence indicates that Mexico's cartels are operating in at least 1,286 cities in the nine regions.

www.borderlandbeat.com...

We have cartels here.

edit on 11-8-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by generik
here is a novel idea. instead of trying to claim "asylum", why don't they instead form a "militia" and FIGHT TO SAVE THEIR COUNTRY? go after those criminals and take them out. ask the US for guns, they seem to just love handing weaponry over to those around the world supposedly trying to fight for justice. or does the US ONLY give guns to criminal and terrorist organizations? even ask for military support, after all that was the whole reason units like the 'green berets" were formed in the first place to go in and advise and help those trying to overcome tyranny. i even bet if they started to ask for help many people from the rest of North America would go down to help fight. all it takes is the WILL to fight back and take back the country from the criminals. and the US SHOULD give all the help they need to accomplish this for a few reasons. for one mexico is supposed to be a "friend", and currently it is a friend in great need. the US seems to be going out of their way to help nations across the world, why not their neighbors? it would help secure the border regions from having those same criminal elements from continuing to cross the border to create may ham and kill. and as we all know the problem IS largely CAUSED by the US and their "drug war" which as we all know IS what has empowered and financially supported these criminals. so the US should be compelled to help deal with what they had a major hand in creating.

They've already rose up in arms. www.youtube.com... However this is not put on the news, they don't want to give the people any ideas.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
reply to post by Wiz4769

I am a middle class white male, I was a firefighter and owned a cafe. I lost everything this spring (left the fire service four years ago when a three year old in a major car accident broke my heart, so I do not get any benefit from being in the fire service.

I ended up with nothing this spring except my car. I went down to social services and they told me the only option I had was the homeless shelter. I moved into my ex-in laws garage. The next door neighbor moved from Cuba 12 years ago and cannot speak English. He has a home to live in and is right now grilling on his gas grill in his backyard and has never worked here in the USA.

So I have worked 60+ hour per week my entire adult life, been a firefighter EMT and I was told my only option is the homeless shelter?

Does anyone not see a problem here?

Your post is the perfect example of victim playing, blame your problems on whoever you can find, except yourself.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bartholomeo

Your post is the perfect example of victim playing, blame your problems on whoever you can find, except yourself.

Hes saying that hes been here the WHOLE time, and he hasn't been given anything. Hes not asking for "Asylum". He has it bad.

You dont see a problem with that? I do. MHO

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bartholomeo

Actually the whole illegal immigration issue is 'victim' playing and holding them 'not accountable' for their actions.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

edit on 11-8-2013 by neo96 because: Holy double posts Batman.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

How about Mexico fixing their problems?

What part of Mexico's history makes anyone think Mexico can fix their own problem.

We are being completely overrun. I'm a law and order guy, but we are way past that.

This is a crisis. Has anyone had the misfortune of driving through L.A. lately?

All my kids school paperwork says "Other than Hispanic". Northern Mexico is empty.

I would submit our money would be better spent on our own backyard.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Like I said.

Implement MEXICO'S IMMIGRATION Laws.

Problem fixed.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by whyamIhere

Like I said.

Implement MEXICO'S IMMIGRATION Laws.

Problem fixed.

I love the idea...

We as American's will not send people home to die. How about bringing home our drones?

Then we proceed to make a greasy spot out of these Drug Lords.

Why should we let these "Terrorists" disrupt the life of millions?

I mean if we can kill hundreds in the ME. What's the problem popping a few Drug Lords.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join