It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden's Dad SCHOOLS Obama, Pelosi, and Holder in Open Letter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
And here is Obama's reply:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
This needs to be read on every broadcasting station in the US
However, i am sure it will be swept under the rug unless someone
other than members of ATS post it on here.
Something that is kinda troubling to me is Why the ATS owners dont
push this kind of thing.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Has anyone else tried to call that number listed? Verison told me, The number 703-9063-7496 isn't available... not even close to the number i dialed 7 times.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Nice! I hope your son will pull himself out of the morass - tho this admin is intent on snooping - must be a bunch of paranoid communists (err - ahh - progressives)
I view him as a hero.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This letter is absolutely disgusting and makes me sick, simply for the fact that it has to exist. That we as a nation have slid so far backwards that a father has to write such a wonderful letter towards the PRESIDENCY of the so called "Land of the Free" is abhorrent.

What have we become? Please tell me, because what I see today darkens my very being to the core. My hats off to Snowden and his father. It's imperative that more people like them exist. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Auricom
reply to post by jude11

This letter is absolutely disgusting and makes me sick, simply for the fact that it has to exist. That we as a nation have slid so far backwards that a father has to write such a wonderful letter towards the PRESIDENCY of the so called "Land of the Free" is abhorrent.

What have we become? Please tell me, because what I see today darkens my very being to the core. My hats off to Snowden and his father. It's imperative that more people like them exist. Thank you.

I dont for a second believe it is a "what WE have become" but more of a "What WE have allowed or government to become"
the people of this country have become so lazy in letting this administration do what ever it wants and that is what is leading to the loss of our rights

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Obama has not kept any promises, so why is anyone surprised? You got what you wanted America. For those that voted for Ron Paul, at least you tried. For those that voted for Obama and his "transparent government", his "whistleblower protecting" policies. You only failed yourself.

In all fairness, the man lied through his teeth and betrayed everything he said he stood for. At least Bush never really pretended to be something he wasn't. I am critical of both, I think Bush and Obama combined have signed the death certificate of a democratic system in the US and allowed the NSA and CIA to completely take over, but there's no getting around the fact that Obama has blatantly lied to the public over and over and over again, pretending to be one thing and consistently being the opposite.

If I were American, I would have voted for Obama too, because he was such a skilled liar. Now, obviously, I would be one of those calling for his impeachment, new elections, an investigation of the CIA, NSA and FBI, and a rolling back of the powers granted to them under the Patriot Act.

I really don't think it would have mattered either way, I fully believe that there was a coup in the USA on or before 9/11, and that the NSA/CIA has been controlling government and the courts for a very long time. I am convinced that Bush basically handed the country to them on that day, completely and fully granting them the ability to act with impunity and without oversight.

That's the only explanation I can think of, and I believe that it was always going to be a puppet in power, and if not, they would not be in power for very long.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

reply to post by jude11

I dont for a second believe it is a "what WE have become" but more of a "What WE have allowed or government to become"
the people of this country have become so lazy in letting this administration do what ever it wants and that is what is leading to the loss of our rights

Political apathy combined with a censored press and controlled media have led to this. Patriotism is so rife in America that for a long time it's been almost criminal to be critical and have an opinion against your party of choice. The American system is far too polarized, with extremes on both sides of the business, almost like a performance to keep the public distracted long enough to pass yet more controls and limit yet more freedoms.

Your media have allowed this to happen, refusing to educate the public, distracting them with BS, towing the party line. They are mostly just ignorant pawns in the big game, believing the BS and promoting the ideals of their party.

Yes, I would say that it is the fault of the public when this happens, but the masses are stupid, and very easily led when together.

Without wishing to be too cliche about it, the sheep are herded by a dog (media), the dog is controlled by the master (government or party), and the sheep have no clue what's really going on while rushing from one end of the field to the other.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

reply to post by jude11

Absolutely correct!
It's like that poignant line from National Treasure: "To high treason. That's what these men were committing when they signed the Declaration. Had we lost the war, they would have been hanged, beheaded, drawn and quartered, and--Oh! Oh, my personal favorite--and had their entrails cut out and burned! So...here's to the men who did what was considered wrong, in order to do what they knew was right...what they knew was right!"
I hope both he and others like him (e.g. Assange) are granted asylum soon. It's a pity our Western nations are so soft that we fail to band together against "our" own governments to resist until our lawful, constitutional and righteous demands are met in such times of national crises no matter how great the sacrifice to bring about lasting change. I recall protests like "End the Fed" and "Occupy Wall St" for instance that led to a global movement seeking economic and social change, but IMO a few weeks or months later and nothing really changed. In fact, several years later the same unconstitutional practices that brought about the GFC is still in play and worse is to come. These government officials and intelligence agencies who label true freedom fighters like Snowden and Assange as traitors are the ones who are actively engaging in overt and covert war against the eroding liberties and rights of their own people betraying them through their policies at home and abroad! It's truly sickening!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Very well articulated. The government must prosecute Snowden to make an example of him. Heaven forbid that they have a society full of free-thinking subjects with a desire to do what is right.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Antipathy17

I've tried, and I get a message about the network having been shut down June 30th.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The title of your thread is mis-leading..........what I read was written and signed by Mr Snowden's attorney:
Sincerely,
Bruce Fein
Counsel for Lon Snowden

edit on 29-7-2013 by CasaFermi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hi Jude11,

Many thanks for sharing the letter.

The threats to freedom, so eloquently pointed out, are exactly in line with Dictator hussein soebarkah's (alias obama) Plan for Us. Asking hussein or his 57 member Communist czar staff to change attitude toward the destruction of liberty will be like asking a leopard to change his spots.

Since the exposure of hussein's surveillance of ordinary Americans and since the exposure of IRS attacks upon ordinary Americans, one would think these two agencies would back off. Instead, they've increased their surveillance, spitting in the eyes of ordinary citizens.

Republicans aren't doing their job to stop this. They're scared to death of Dictator hussein soebarkah.

Keyword for the leftist search engines: BLACKMAIL

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasaFermi
reply to post by jude11

The title of your thread is mis-leading..........what I read was written and signed by Mr Snowden's attorney:
Sincerely,
Bruce Fein
Counsel for Lon Snowden

edit on 29-7-2013 by CasaFermi because: (no reason given)

Coauthored? Look at the second name.

Sincerely,
Bruce Fein
Counsel for Lon Snowden
Lon Snowden

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This letter and this threads contents should be distributed throughout the globe and to every news outlet possible!!

Respect to Snowden!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
Great letter. And, lest we forget, those are the same sort of sentiments that Obama himself loved to pretend to before he was elected. Before he showed himself a coward, a sociopath, and a splendidly useful tool of the Elites.

Naturally I don't expect a response from our now-revealed Dear Leader--except perhaps even more reckless and cynical attempts to capture this dangerous "Enemy of the State...."

Mr Snowden should come back to the US and should be defended by citizens legally.

There is no benefit of him staying in Russia.

This fight should be fought on US soil, whatever the price.

While I agree with the spirit of what you write, I cannot help but think Mr. Snowden would be a dead man walking if he came back to the U.S.. It is in his best interests to do as he is currently doing, and let the administration drop it's charges first!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Snowden deserves a fair trial and then whatever is coming to him.

You never heard all of these so called patriots speaking out and being so patriotic until recently (seems like Obama brought it out of them even before he made it to office) had they really been more politically involved or really cared about their freedoms prior to the current president winning office in 2008, we would not be in this mess, it took the emergence of these fringe bandwagon groups like the tea party and other misdirected saboteurs of democracy, to make Obama the scapegoat of their so called loss of freedoms, can you say too little, too late?

For those not in the know, this has been coming for awhile, may I quote some individuals that had way more influence on what we are dealing with than any of the founding fathers?

“The technotronic era involves the gradual appearance of a more controlled society. Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen and maintain up-to-date complete files containing even the most personal information about the citizen. These files will be subject to instantaneous retrieval by the authorities. ”
― Zbigniew Brzezinski, Between Two Ages: America's Role in the Technetronic Era

“This regionalization is in keeping with the Tri-Lateral Plan which calls for a gradual convergence of East and West, ultimately leading toward the goal of one world government. National sovereignty is no longer a viable concept.”
― Zbigniew Brzezinski

Search on this term "Bush’s Bogus Theory of Absolute Power " you will find out why Bush had claimed absolute power under the presidency, to even override the constitution, where were all of the patriots then? I mean Bush did create an act named just for them right?

edit on 29-7-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Only history will define what Snowden did as an act of right or wrong. I do not think it would be wise for him to ever return to the US there is almost 0 chance of him receiving a fair trial. History is full of those who have sacrificed themselves for their principles or the greater good but all to often they are not recognized for doing such until much later.

I respect Snowden for doing what he believed to be right as for whether or not it was right I have not decided yet as many others in this country have not decided either.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Having followed the case of Snowden with some interest, the following can be stated:

This letter, while it may seem to be justified, is also wrong in some points. Snowden broke the law, he also broke the rules of his job, as to that point there are consequences for such actions, no matter how noble the action may have been.

When you work with classified information, it is stated, and he did have to sign contracts informing him of, those rules and laws that govern such. And the consequences of breaking those rules and laws as well.

That much it is something that the courts will have to determine his punishment, not the President, not the Reps, or Senators, no one in politics should have that authority, and it is strictly forbidden.

The other problem many people are having is that he is being called a Traitor. Did Snowden committ an act of Treason? The answer is no. The conclusion is very much could be come to if one reads the Constitution. Of all of the crimes that have been or are on the books, Treason is the only one that is in the Constitution of the USA, carefully defined, as the founding fathers saw first hand the abuse of that one charge.

No I think that the President and all of the politicians needs to see to the law, rather than try to be judge, jury and exocutioner, without giving a person the one thing that the law is suppose to, the benefit of doubt, and the belief that Snowden is innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.

What I think that people are getting tired of is the abuse of the federal government, secret courts, lists and not knowing even if it concerns them. That should be more the case for the accusations of Treason, when it is in the dark, and not out in the open.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
A powerful well thought out intelligent letter that should shame anyone who fancies himself a liberal, and one that would also appeal to the most ardent patriotic constitutionalist.
But sending it to Obama is like lining the bottom of a parakeet cage with it and expecting the little pooper to read it. Obama's a freakish fictitious construct placed there by the real powers, the ones who set up the spying. Eric Holder is an insignificant little toad who's hopelessly unqualified for his job so he'll also get no benefit from it. Those two are so removed from decisions they may as well be bad actors in a really rotten movie.
Mr. Snowden should direct his thoughts and concerns to the American people. There are still enough of us left, the non brain dead or entranced, to be of help to him and a threat to his sons enemies.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join