It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden's Dad SCHOOLS Obama, Pelosi, and Holder in Open Letter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

What we need to do is not only spread information but direct it. Direct it towards those in positions to release information like this. Many wont, and I cant blame them. But there are many like us, who would suffer in life to make this world a better place, because we feel morally justified in doing so. It's time to step up our game..and do some research that matters. Like finding information on the millions of Americans apart of this machine. Who's with me!?!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Unjust laws are meant to be broken. It is our duty as Americans.

Oaths are also meant to be broken if keeping them means the oath-taker is complacent in wrong-doings. If anyone broke their oath with malice it is the United States Government, not Mr. Snowden for they are the ones who took an oath to uphold the Constitution; whereas, Snowden took an oath to keep secret information that could harm United States citizens if our enemies learned of it, not to keep secret information that could harm the United States Government if it's populace learned it was violating their rights without their permission.

There are those who insist this kind of surveillance is necessary as if this, in and of itself, is a valid justification to violate the rights of every American without discrimination. I say to these people that they have NO SAY in whether or not I get to keep my individual freedom so that THEY can feel safer. The majority, or otherwise, does not get to decide which rights we, as individuals, keep and which we do not so that other individuals can have a false sense of security. This is why they are considered "Individual Freedoms". Only the individual can chose to relinquish his or her rights.

The old, "You shouldn't care if you don't have anything to hide," justification is illogical. It ignores the very fact that the government has violated our rights without our consent. It also presumes that a person who has a problem with their Constitutional rights being violated is guilty of something rather than acknowledging that some individuals refuse to allow the Government to violate their rights, not purely based on principle, but on legality.

No matter how one wants to spin or justify it, the Government broke one our most sacred laws. Not only that, but it continues to demonize the man who brought this fact to light and also snub those individuals who demand to have their freedom from government intrusion restored. It doesn't matter WHY one may take issue with this fact. It matters that a crime has been committed. Period.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I never hear any mention of the cowardly traitor who betrayed Bradley Manning to the authorities. He was Manning's close friend. As far as I am concerned there is no betrayal worse that that.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

The argument you should have made is that his assertion that this is anti-liberal bias is nonsense because Bachmann is clearly not a liberal.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Good point but apathy due to worship of ones political deity is a bigger point to address IMO.

edit on 29-7-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Originally posted by superman2012
Obama has not kept any promises, so why is anyone surprised? You got what you wanted America. For those that voted for Ron Paul, at least you tried. For those that voted for Obama and his "transparent government", his "whistleblower protecting" policies. You only failed yourself.

In all fairness, the man lied through his teeth and betrayed everything he said he stood for. At least Bush never really pretended to be something he wasn't. I am critical of both, I think Bush and Obama combined have signed the death certificate of a democratic system in the US and allowed the NSA and CIA to completely take over, but there's no getting around the fact that Obama has blatantly lied to the public over and over and over again, pretending to be one thing and consistently being the opposite.

If I were American, I would have voted for Obama too, because he was such a skilled liar. Now, obviously, I would be one of those calling for his impeachment, new elections, an investigation of the CIA, NSA and FBI, and a rolling back of the powers granted to them under the Patriot Act.

I really don't think it would have mattered either way, I fully believe that there was a coup in the USA on or before 9/11, and that the NSA/CIA has been controlling government and the courts for a very long time. I am convinced that Bush basically handed the country to them on that day, completely and fully granting them the ability to act with impunity and without oversight.

That's the only explanation I can think of, and I believe that it was always going to be a puppet in power, and if not, they would not be in power for very long.

Fair enough...except both were voted in twice.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Jude i'll leave you with this simple thought.

Just because something is legal doesn't always make it right. The U.S. is going to collapse because of the rampant disease of evil men roaming in our governments, being led by the nose on the stink of the wealthy's money. Even Obama himself is being led by the nose on the money of George Soros. We have highly paid puppets sitting in our government, when our governmental offices were originally created to be offices of humble servitude to the people, the roles have reversed and the people are required to serve the government with humble servitude.

Then comes the "famous" words of John F. Kennedy, "Ask not what your government can do for you, but what you can do for your government" and they shoved it down our throats with such patriotic enthusiasm as to make people nowadays think they are being unamerican if they speak out against the wickedness of those in control.

God save us all, we're riding the American flag to hell, and that is the price for being a patriot.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
"adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort."

Yup, he is the very definition of the term traitor as spelled out in the Constitution, not by anyone's opinion.

It's not the spying on Americans part that matters, it's the info he released of the spying on hostile nations.

As if Russia is not spying on their citizens or the US, this whole spy mess is being overblown and the media is being used to tug at your heartstrings, aiding and abetting a fugitive.

So if I believed your logic, that Snowden is a traitor for telling "the enemy" that they are being spied upon, then Obama is a traitor for NOT telling the American people that he was spying upon them. In other words, if one person can get in trouble for telling a secret to the enemy, then another person can get in trouble for keeping a secret from an ally...or in this case, the citizens of the United States of America.

And I'm 100% sure that if Snowden was here, or could respond to back me up...I bet he would gladly wear the tag of "traitor" if Obama must also. Do you have any idea why? Because he is a patriot, willing to loose everything to tell the truth...a hero.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
"adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort."

Yup, he is the very definition of the term traitor as spelled out in the Constitution, not by anyone's opinion.

It's not the spying on Americans part that matters, it's the info he released of the spying on hostile nations.

As if Russia is not spying on their citizens or the US, this whole spy mess is being overblown and the media is being used to tug at your heartstrings, aiding and abetting a fugitive.

So if I believed your logic, that Snowden is a traitor for telling "the enemy" that they are being spied upon, then Obama is a traitor for NOT telling the American people that he was spying upon them. In other words, if one person can get in trouble for telling a secret to the enemy, then another person can get in trouble for keeping a secret from an ally...or in this case, the citizens of the United States of America.

And I'm 100% sure that if Snowden was here, or could respond to back me up...I bet he would gladly wear the tag of "traitor" if Obama must also. Do you have any idea why? Because he is a patriot, willing to loose everything to tell the truth...a hero.

As he lingers in Russia he looks more like a tool that has been used and abused by Russian intelligence.
A once proud Ron Paul supporting idealist slowly coming to realize he was just a pawn in the real big boy game of international spying. He harmed the nation that rejected his idol, simple case of revenge motive, no heroism in that.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

Two wrongs will never make a right, Snowden signed many non disclosures, went through the SF8X series investigations and depending on his clearance a polygraph test and was deemed to be able to be trusted with national security secrets, I'm not sure about you but being a veteran and now a civilian that holds clearance, I know what i had and have signed up for with my word to never disclose, I will never go back on that, now some people may not think their word is worth anything like this low life, I sure hate it for America if all people that take an oath, agree to or sign their names are put in positions of trust do the same thing.

Even worse, if he premeditated the actions and was motivated to do this so he could get his hands on secrets, for this alone he should get the maximum punishment.

We will be doomed as a people, those who fail to see this fact and think what the traitor Snowden did in any light is honorable, probably would be better off living in the dark days of the cold war and the spectre of the likes of the KGB and the Soviet era or living in that country, which I am proud to say I was a part of the military that contributed to bringing down that way of thinking.

It is sad to see America supporting traitors and what they do tearing down what was actually hard fought for by blood sweat and tears, so what if in his mind he thought it was wrong, who made him the standard bearer for righteousness, and who thinks his yellow bellied cowardly way of announcing it was patriotic ?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Edward Snowden should get Obamas Nobel Peace Prize.

Great Letter.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

I completely agree with Snowdens choice to reveal secrets pertaining to our privacy. As well as I think you have dubious moral fiber if you can look at a situation that you KNOW is wrong and continue along with it anyway.

I dont think following orders saved many of the Nazi officers, nor do i think if you were to stand on trial for a war crime that espousing the age old addage that you 'signed documents preventing you from doing the right thing and that you were just following orders' will save your hide.

You sir are the coward and traitor IF you can look at wrongdoing on a day-to-day basis and do nothing about it.

What 'National Security' anyway?!?!?! Most of our enemies are self induced largely due to blow-back and how we treat the rest of the world, as if they are beneath us. Do you realize how demoralizing that is to the rest of the planet? We are the new kids on the block and we wield our power and might exactly as if we are children.

What immediately comes to mind is someone who wins the lottery and tries to live the lavish life without actually earning it. They are ignorant to the fact of protecting their money and learning about the mechanisms that retain wealth. Instead they blow through it willy-nilly and in the end are left with nothing. That is how the US is now. We rushed to the height of power, and now we have no idea what to do with it and are grasping for every straw we can to remain a powerhouse, but our poor decisions are showing that we as a nation lost our humble little way and arent too far from falling from our grace, if we havent already hit the precipice and are already tumbling on our way down.

But hey, youve got 'secrets' to keep instead of worrying about whats best for the people, you know the ones who the GOVERNMENT WORKS FOR.

How can Edward Snowden be wrong when all he did was let the overseers (US, the citizenry) in on what was going on behind our backs, by the very people we elect and pay for their high living lifestyles?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Then comes the "famous" words of John F. Kennedy, "Ask not what your government can do for you, but what you can do for your government" ......

And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.

He didn't say government..........he said country. Within the context of his remarks there is a great difference between the terms.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This was a most awesome letter. Thanks to the op for sharing it.

We are seeing today the rising of a true patriotic resistance. You may not here them say it on the mainstream media, but it's there. The attention that Ron Paul has brought to the liberty movement is beyond measure, and we are currently seeing it's light shine, and the Government doing everything it can to extinguish it.

I agree with a previous poster that the Government will never let Snowden off of the erroneous charges levied against him. In my opinion they will set an example of him and send a message to the other patriots in the liberty movement by doing so.

Wherever you are Mr. Snowden, our prayers for you, and our country will continue.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

What do you think Romney would have done in this situation?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Oh yes, the real big boys. The ones who think they know what is best for the rest of us. The letter is so well written that the apologists can't even come up with anything relevant to add.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Not seeing the headline in the MSM, doubt it will go that far they are too scared of it, but they are sharing: Edward Snowden's father: 'I know my son. I know he loves his country' and being re shared to local MSM outlets. Now if that can garner attention to people to find this headline

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Oh yes, the real big boys. The ones who think they know what is best for the rest of us. The letter is so well written that the apologists can't even come up with anything relevant to add.

Can't stand the thought of your hero being nothing more than a pawn in the ever ongoing never ending international spy game?
He caused domestic backlash undermining US intelligence, exposed the inner workings to foreign powers, and got discarded after running to the bosom of mother Russia.
His handler probably got high promotions and decorations.
Lesson, disgruntled young disillusioned former Ron Paul supporters are a cesspool of treason for foreign agents to dragnet. Snowden is the case that proves the lesson.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
da only chance is for Apple to buy California's debt with their massive pile of money, and secede from da union.

to avoid nuclear war.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join