It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden's Dad SCHOOLS Obama, Pelosi, and Holder in Open Letter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

Snowden followed his moral compass and should be commended on his actions. Yyou can..see..where he..learned to be such an honerable man.

Fyi: the quote in your sig is from a t shirt sold by "zombie tools", not an anon quote.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
A powerful and timely letter, but as others have pointed out the sentiments will be lost on Pres. Obama and crew. He could be perhaps the worst POTUS for abuses of the Constitution and ironically, he's supposed to be a Constitutional Lawyer. You can't make this stuff up.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Snowden shot himself in the foot when he did this. Had he taken and leaked ONLY the information about the domestic snooping, he MIGHT have been able to claim innocence under whistleblower protection laws, but he did not stop there. He stole and leaked much more than just the domesting snooping information, and that is where he made his big, big mistake.

The largely perceived "right" of leaking the domestic snooping information does not give him a free pass on the "wrong" of stealing and leaking the rest.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
"adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort."

Yup, he is the very definition of the term traitor as spelled out in the Constitution, not by anyone's opinion.

It's not the spying on Americans part that matters, it's the info he released of the spying on hostile nations.

As if Russia is not spying on their citizens or the US, this whole spy mess is being overblown and the media is being used to tug at your heartstrings, aiding and abetting a fugitive.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Mr. Snowden says the NSA is "intent on making every conversation and every form of behaviour in the world known to them".

The following quotes are from entropysite.oxy.edu...

Dictionaries define “macro” as large and “micro” as very small but a macrostate and a microstate in thermodynamics aren't just definitions of big and little sizes of chemical systems. Instead, they are two very different ways of looking at a system. (Admittedly, a macrostate always has to involve an amount of matter large enough for us to measure its volume or pressure or temperature, i.e. in “bulk”. But in thermodynamics, a microstate isn't just about a smaller amount of matter', it is a detailed look at the energy that molecules or other particles have.) A microstate is one of the huge number of different accessible arrangements of the molecules' motional energy* for a particular macrostate.

So it seems to me that the CIA has concerned itself mostly with macro data about world affairs. Numbers, statistics and intelligence on world leaders and other key players. This is akin to measuring Volume, Temperature, etc. on a physical system.

A macrostate is the thermodynamic state of any system that is exactly characterized by measurement of the system's properties such as P, V, T, H and number of moles of each constituent. Thus, a macrostate does not change over time if its observable properties do not change.

In contrast, a microstate for a system is all about time and the energy of the molecules in that system. "In a system its energy is constantly being redistributed among its particles. In liquids and gases, the particles themselves are constantly redistributing in location as well as changing in the quanta (the individual amount of energy that each molecule has) due to their incessantly colliding, bouncing off each other with (usually) a different amount of energy for each molecule after the collision.. Each specific way, each arrangement of the energy of each molecule in the whole system at one instant is called a microstate."

Every day people exchange money and data - energy, in a way. One of the things the NSA seems to be trying to do is to "measure" the microstate of the world to get a better idea of its entropy.

Perhaps.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The letter was bipartisan criticism. Your thread title, partisan. Way to spin it for anti-lib'rul political points. Snowden would be less than proud.

Let's try this thread title again:

Snowden's Dad SCHOOLS Obama, Pelosi, Bachmann, and Holder in Open Letter,

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by phinubian
Snowden deserves a fair trial and then whatever is coming to him.

You never heard all of these so called patriots speaking out and being so patriotic until recently (seems like Obama brought it out of them even before he made it to office) had they really been more politically involved or really cared about their freedoms prior to the current president winning office in 2008, we would not be in this mess, it took the emergence of these fringe bandwagon groups like the tea party and other misdirected saboteurs of democracy, to make Obama the scapegoat of their so called loss of freedoms, can you say too little, too late?

For those not in the know, this has been coming for awhile, may I quote some individuals that had way more influence on what we are dealing with than any of the founding fathers?

“The technotronic era involves the gradual appearance of a more controlled society. Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen and maintain up-to-date complete files containing even the most personal information about the citizen. These files will be subject to instantaneous retrieval by the authorities. ”
― Zbigniew Brzezinski, Between Two Ages: America's Role in the Technetronic Era

“This regionalization is in keeping with the Tri-Lateral Plan which calls for a gradual convergence of East and West, ultimately leading toward the goal of one world government. National sovereignty is no longer a viable concept.”
― Zbigniew Brzezinski

Search on this term "Bush’s Bogus Theory of Absolute Power " you will find out why Bush had claimed absolute power under the presidency, to even override the constitution, where were all of the patriots then? I mean Bush did create an act named just for them right?

edit on 29-7-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

I don't think snowden should even be on on trial for anything... he exposes a wrong then get reprimanded for it?? really?? should he expose it after it doesn't matter??

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Lets see if this letter make national news, I won't hold my breath.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
I don't think snowden should even be on on trial for anything... he exposes a wrong then get reprimanded for it?? really?? should he expose it after it doesn't matter??

Well what do you think he expected? I am fairly sure he assumed he would be put on trial for it and its obvious he must have breached a signed non disclosure agreement that probably stated "blablabla dont talk to anyone about your work blablabla punishable by law blablabla". You know, the stuff that we also have for every other computer program that no one ever read

Whether he exposed something wrong would be irrelevant and a moral issue, not a legal issue.

That said, seeing as Obama first wanted to increase the protection for whistleblowers, then suddenly start a witch hunt when such a thing occur because it happened to his goverment... Well there's a word for that.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'll simplify it... Snowden is a whistle blower. Our government is occupied with more criminal conspiritorial people than honest, the scale is outweighed with evil. The evil will go to any extreme to allay any suspision directed towards them. Anything goes, even murder, anything to destroy those who pose a threat to uncovering their deeds. Thus, Showden is a hunted man.

Snowden should be applauded for bringing to light all the conspiracies presently under way. But TPTB are NOT the good guys, were talking our own government, and they will go to extreme lengths to hide their actions.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The US government is scared to death! Scared to death of whistle blowers because they have done some things
so reprehensible and terrifying that if it came to light no one would ever trust or believe anything the federal government has to say (Not that many of us do now)! This is the main reason why they are pursuing Edward so hard and why it is being shown across all the media outlets! He is being used as an example so that no one ever tries to reveal any thing else! I believe it may actually work too! I don't suspect anyone to reveal anything for a long while!
If they really wanted to get Snowden they would just suicide him which I believe they will still do eventually!
For now they want to create fear in any one else having any idea of releasing information to the world!
I suspect we will still see information released from anonymous persons which will be denied in full!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Yup, he is the very definition of the term traitor as spelled out in the Constitution, not by anyone's opinion.

It's not the spying on Americans part that matters, it's the info he released of the spying on hostile nations.

As if Russia is not spying on their citizens or the US, this whole spy mess is being overblown and the media is being used to tug at your heartstrings, aiding and abetting a fugitive.

Well... if you take time to examine where all this hostility comes from you'll find out that ALL OF IT is because of Americas actions in the first place. Every single administration has had it nose way too deep into the affaires of sovereign nations. The line behind which you can conduct your business is drawn at the very borders of your homeland. Across those, you have NO business dictating or administering how things take place and which trade deals go where.

If America simply seized completely interfering in other countries business, I GUARANTEE you that all that so-called hostility, which is overexagerated by the media in the first place, would completely disappear.

America is probably THE country who have had the biggest issues sharing information and technology with the rest of your human brothers than any other country.

Snowden is to be commended for his heroism and exposure of Americas crimes of espionage against so-called hostile nations as well as so-called allies.

Please tell me... how can the American facist administration with an ounce of conscience attempt to prosecute with charges of espionage a man who himself exposed the American administration commiting the very same crime he's accused of?

- We have a duty, at first politically, rid the entire world except the American homeland, of American influence.
- We have a duty to expel every single American diplomat and give them 24 hours to return to their homeland or face charges of terrorism in the country they would insist to remain in.
- We have a duty to cut off all and any communication as well as cooperation with American intelligence agencies or affiliate agencies, and immediately brand every single one of them as terrorist organisations at the same level as those we performed witchhunts against in the middle east.

II guarantee you… if American influence is dialed down to a minimum, the rest of the world will slowly begin to calm down and believe that peace is a possibility.

If the above is not possible, I appeal to those sane people left in America who honestly believe you still have a right to a private life protected by your constitution to resist the facist rule currently in place and peacefully disobey the administration NO MATTER WHO IS THE POTUS!

If your peaceful disobedience is not succesful in removing this threat against humanity, I completely understand your every move or action regardless of what it may be or result in.

Enough... is enough.

edit on 29/7/13 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
We all have that One moment in time when we can do 'the right thing' which is not 'right' by everyone's book but in universal terms is the only right and honourable thing to do.

edit on 29-7-2013 by Elliot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

wow!

that's all i can come up with.

i don't even have the words to express my appreciation to such a great letter.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
The letter was bipartisan criticism. Your thread title, partisan. Way to spin it for anti-lib'rul political points. Snowden would be less than proud.

Let's try this thread title again:

Snowden's Dad SCHOOLS Obama, Pelosi, Bachmann, and Holder in Open Letter,

So, you're going to just ignore everything in the letter and focus on the thread title, which partisan or not is quite fitting. No no, go ahead and ignore the world around you so that you can bow before your "lib'rul" master no matter what he does. THIS is what's wrong with America.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
As a US citizen I also think Snowden is a hero. In fact if I were the current leader, I would try to re-hire him with sweeping changes and some nominal reprimand. He probably did his job well for years and now recently he had more and more pangs f doubt. Perhaps that was not unrelated to witnessing the banks' bailout and the Occupy movements.

Will staunch libertarians and republicans step forward - if the rights to guns is basic and constitutional (though time has obviously changed the perspective of a well-armed militia's capabilities towards a simple March on Washington to revolt against government), then so are privacy laws - unless of course you are first suspected by a court warrant for some specific wrongdoing. Perhaps the high critics of Obama will not step forward at this time because they also want a strong Imperial Age to come - keeping relics like personal guns but scrapping the essence of equality, liberty etc...

This letter is well-phrased. Too bad editing did not discover that Eva Morales is really Evo Morales (he's quite a man, y'all), and Nuremburg is really Nuremberg. But that's just icing on the cake...

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Brilliant stuff, The letter should be inserted in the constitution in a John Doe example of what not to do contrary to that constitution. I also note a veiled reference to the Obama-Biden open government promise pre election about helping whistleblowers, (that promise has now gone missing off the White house books BTW) indeed, if you go to look for it, you get a pop-up saying you're done here now??
The man also rubbishes the espionage charge, something I see as desperation, since the so-called government property was stolen property, (especially in the US) itself.

edit on 29-7-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Well... if you take time to examine where all this hostility comes from you'll find out that ALL OF IT is because of Americas actions in the first place. Every single administration has had it nose way too deep into the affaires of sovereign nations. The line behind which you can conduct your business is drawn at the very borders of your homeland. Across those, you have NO business dictating or administering how things take place and which trade deals go where.

If America simply seized completely interfering in other countries business, I GUARANTEE you that all that so-called hostility, which is overexagerated by the media in the first place, would completely disappear.

America is probably THE country who have had the biggest issues sharing information and technology with the rest of your human brothers than any other country.

Snowden is to be commended for his heroism and exposure of Americas crimes of espionage against so-called hostile nations as well as so-called allies.

Please tell me... how can the American facist administration with an ounce of conscience attempt to prosecute with charges of espionage a man who himself exposed the American administration commiting the very same crime he's accused of?

- We have a duty, at first politically, rid the entire world except the American homeland, of American influence.
- We have a duty to expel every single American diplomat and give them 24 hours to return to their homeland or face charges of terrorism in the country they would insist to remain in.
- We have a duty to cut off all and any communication as well as cooperation with American intelligence agencies or affiliate agencies, and immediately brand every single one of them as terrorist organisations at the same level as those we performed witchhunts against in the middle east.

II guarantee you… if American influence is dialed down to a minimum, the rest of the world will slowly begin to calm down and believe that peace is a possibility.

If the above is not possible, I appeal to those sane people left in America who honestly believe you still have a right to a private life protected by your constitution to resist the facist rule currently in place and peacefully disobey the administration NO MATTER WHO IS THE POTUS!

If your peaceful disobedience is not succesful in removing this threat against humanity, I completely understand your every move or action regardless of what it may be or result in.

Enough... is enough.

All countries have embassies in all other countries, and they are filled with guess what??? The horror the shock... their own nationals.

I wonder when the Russians discovered Snowden, during or after the Ron Paul campaign? Disillusioned Ron Paul supporter with possible access to top secret stuff. Must have been their wet dream. Now he sits in a Russian airport wasting away. Doubt he will ever be allowed to leave there.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

That is not true, they fail us as well

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Lets see if this letter make national news, I won't hold my breath.

It was in The Guardian in full text, circa July 2nd. There is also two paragraphs devoted to Director Clapper's "no we do not " statement.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Washington Post in full text, circa 2nd July,

www.washingtonpost.com...[editb y]edit on 29-7-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join