It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Rush Holt Bill To Repeal PATRIOT And FISA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This is a pretty agressive bill. I question it's intent. Will it seem so extreme that lesser actions, like the Amash amendment, will be more palatable in the future? Or is Holt aiming high knowing it will get watered down in committee to something that stands a better chance of getting passed?

One thing is for sure, real issues with the over reaching surveillance of US citizens is brought to the forefront when the bill simply describes what it wants changed. Like:

6. Prohibit the government from mandating that electronic device or software manufacturers build in so-called “back doors” to allow the government to bypass encryption or other privacy technology built into said hardware and/or software.

[url=http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130725/17500723952/rep-rush-holt-bill-to-repeal-patriot-fisa-amendments-acts-now-live-ambitious.shtml]SOURCE[/ url]

I mean, how many times have you heard about that one? Sure there are those here that will turn up their nose and sneer that "thats been known for yeeaarrs you loser!!", but ya know what, there are millions upon millions of americans who have no idea. (I really hope folks trying to belittle facts simply because they already are aware of them).

Full content of the bill and an article on it can be found [url=http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130725/17500723952/rep-rush-holt-bill-to-repeal-patriot-fisa-amendments-acts-now-live-ambitious.shtml]SOURCE[/ url]

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
People need to recognize these Reps that DO stand up for us, actions like this are just the start.

Hes going to bat for us, the least we can do is throw our support behind him by telling OUR reps from our areas that we want them backing this man as well.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

A couple of others worth honorable mention:

Ron Paul
Ron Wyden
Justin Amash
Alan Grayson

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

Boehner will block it or muscle House members to vote against it. He's a hack politician, not a patriot or statesman.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
reply to post by benrl

A couple of others worth honorable mention:

Ron Paul
Ron Wyden
Justin Amash
Alan Grayson

And Gomert.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

Rep. Rush Holt Bill To Repeal PATRIOT And FISA

I want to be wrong... I really do but, I do not think that (above) possible. So, my reply would be that this bill will be defeated one way or another.

Furthermore, should it pass, Obama would never sign it... never.

My personal opinion is that we would see the initial stages of martial law upon the loss of the Patriot Act, either by way of false flag or by way of open replacement of the constitution.

Government... most any government but even our own, NEVER surrenders power like this. History is more than clear.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Gomert? I'll need to look him up. Whats he up to?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

The kinda "out there" thought that maybe these guys want to get on the right side of the issue crossed my mind. Maybe they know something or feel the wave of anger growing. Just a thought. That or they are true patriots...?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Boehner will block it or muscle House members

That just sounds funny. Sorry. Still cant get past the name.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Already posted nearly a day ago. You are welcome to join the conversation.

edit on 26-7-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
What we have here are public servants who are trying to separate themselves from the traitors that pollute congress right now.

Whatever keeps you from the wrong end of a noose, or a bullet I suppose. Because that's where I see all of this heading,

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Closing duplicate thread. Please continue discussion in original thread:www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join