It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curfew for Clinton Louisiana after 11pm, for everyone!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilovemygreatdanes

Yeah that guy is such a 'fascist' !

After 13 years with the Clinton police department, Chief Fred Dunn said he knows when crimes are going to occur. And they usually happen in the night hours

“The reason why I did the curfews is because of the businesses and home owners,” he said. “My citizens have been telling me that when they go home, they don’t feel safe.”

usnews.nbcnews.com...

But Dunn said no one has come to his office to complain about the curfew.

So anyone who posted in this thread live in that town?

Didn't think so.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Yeah,
Nobody cares except for a few kids and one stick-in-the-mud.
Why should anybody rock the boat over that little small town curfew huh?

Those damned imbeciles.
Just absolute damned imbeciles!
Block my post. I don't care. Take away every point I have and can my account but I'm not going to sugar coat it.
Anyone who actually agrees with this needs to go out back, dig a hole, crawl in and rot because you're already dead and too stupid to know it.

edit on 25-7-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It doesn't matter if I live in the town or not, or how the residents feel or if no one complained: he has zero right or legal authority to do such a thing. Period.

If anything after 13 years of working there, he should have done a better job by now of "cleaning it up" without resorting to such ridiculous and drastic measures.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilovemygreatdanes

Then I suggest people who have problems with him forward their complaints to him

Instead of people on here.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This seems to point to the curfew being invalid...

Adult Curfews & Strict Scrutiny

Curfews directed at adults touch upon fundamental constitutional rights and thus are subject to strict judicial scrutiny. The U. S. Supreme Court has ruled that "[t]he right to walk the streets, or to meet publicly with one's friends for a noble purpose or for no purpose at all—and to do so whenever one pleases—is an integral component of life in a free and ordered society." Papachristou v. City of Jacksonville, 405 US 156, 164, 31 L. Ed. 2d 110, 92 S. Ct 839 (1972).

To satisfy strict-scrutiny analysis, a government-imposed curfew on adults must be supported by a compelling state interest that is narrowly tailored to serve the curfew's objective. Court's are loath to find that an interest advanced by the government is compelling. The more justifications that courts find to uphold a curfew on adults, the more watered-down becomes the fundamental right to travel and to associate with others in public places at all times of the day.

The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that this right may be legitimately curtailed when a community has been ravaged by flood, fire, or disease, or when its safety and Welfare are otherwise threatened. Zemel v. Rusk, 381 U.S. 1, 85 S. Ct. 1271, 14 L. Ed. 2d 179 (1965). The California Court of Appeals cited this ruling in a case that reviewed an order issued by the city of Long Beach, California, which declared a state of emergency and imposed curfews on all adults (and minors) within the city's confines after widespread civil disorder broke out following the Rodney G. King beating trial, in which four white Los Angeles police officers were acquitted of using excessive force in subduing an African-American motorist following a high-speed traffic chase. In re Juan C., 28 Cal. App. 4th 1093, 33 Cal. Rptr. 2d 919 (Cal. App. 1994).

"Rioting, looting and burning," the California court wrote, "pose a similar threat to the safety and welfare of a community, and provide a compelling reason to impose a curfew." "The right to travel is a hollow promise when members of the community face the possibility of being beaten or shot by an unruly mob if they attempt to exercise this right," the court continued, and "[t]emporary restrictions on the right… are a reasonable means of reclaiming order from anarchy so that all might exercise their constitutional rights freely and safely.

legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

All I gotta say.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
So putting two topics together.....There is talk about the PTT, that agreement that will allow companies to sue any government for creating a law that will harm their profit......Will Circle K and Seven-11 be able to sue the town of clinton for a reduction in local sales?

Not saying now, but if PTT is ratified......

I can just see a complete domino effect, big business coming in and completely devastating localities that can't afford the legal power that large multinational companies can......
edit on 25-7-2013 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Well, actually in the "old days",, when the Fire Station Siren ,,sounded at 8:30,,,
u better have ur butt,, at home.!,,at home meant IN the yard!

35 years ago,,, everynight,, 8:30,, it still blows,,too this day,,,
but i don't think anyone hears it anymore,,i think now and then,,, but if its 3 minutes off,,, someone will meantion it.

It was a mining town.

so curfew,, ya sure why not,,for kids,, u know the rowdy ones.
. But why adults?
But hey i guess it comes down too,, who pays his salary,, that would be the ones,, who dont mind,, it seems.
A quiet nights sleep is indeed a blessed thing.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It would be overturned in court its unconstitutional and an unlawful order. If not the judge is rogue and must be criminally charged and the people must stand up and keep taking it to court and keep nailing that judge with supenas.
edit on 25-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
6 am?

who isn't already on their way to work by then?... Hey wait, I know there must be some nurses that have to be at the hospital before that.

the stereo-types about the south, sadly the Buford T Justice types still run LE.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

We would all be "safer" in cages!... so thats good too?

the fact that the police would take the LAZY route to looking for real criminals.
I bet there is no shortage of rolling stop tickets being handed out,

Cant have our police doing the one of the things they were supposed to do, catching thieves, that is too challenging. Easier to IMPRISON people in their HOMES!!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Since it appears that most citizens are OK with staying in, it should be easier for the police to check out those out at night. How many can it be in a small town.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This is the same mentality that brought us the Patriot Act, NDAA, and now the NSA. This mindset is an enemy to our freedoms...ignorance.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Well hot damn, he's a GENIUS! We can solve all crime if we just follow his lead.

Why, if we just put people on 24hr house arrest and keep their movements limited to work, business and store trips, I'll bet *ALL* crime drops by at least 90%! What a goal! What an accomplishment! What a TOTAL VIOLATION OF OUR RIGHTS to accomplish!

This is the ULTIMATE example of sacrificing Liberty for Security and I'm SHOCKED by seeing some of who actually would support, in even a theoretical way, the idea that a full grown adult can be fined or more for just walking down their OWN street at the wrong time on a 24hr clock.

Hey, I often sleep a good part of the day and I'm up all night and into dawn. So..what...if I live in this town basically AM living in a state of partial house arrest by virtue of my odd hours for home work schedule. Tyranny on the Bayou. it doesn't look any better than tyranny on the Potomac.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The curfew should apply to children only.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Unbelievable, it's so beyond absurd. If you guys only knew all the "protesting" it took for my parents to let me out past 11pm at age 16yrs. It was a fierce battle...lol....I was relentless in my pursuit for "Freedom".....

Can you imagine something like this in NY where the average time to go out and eat is 9pm. , maybe this sleepy little town is cool with this overall, but it's implications are vast reaching, and unconstitutional, not that I have much faith in the government or courts to be bothered with that "pesky" document any longer.

Sweet Dreams Clinton Louisiana, just don't be surprised when you wake up one day to your worst nightmare...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

Nice strawman

So what part of This is so hard to understand?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I don't live in clinton, never have, never will. However, I lived in a town that passed an even stricter curfew the day after 9/11. The city council called an emergency meeting to get it passed. Curfew for everyone was 9 to 7, no exceptions. It took less than 24 hours for several teens and adults to be arrested for violating it. Most coming home from work. There were protests, but most people supported it. So I know what its like to live in such a town.

Its a huge violation of rights. No politician should have such power, except in times of dire emergency. Crime does not fall in this catagory.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

For a moment I was inclined to say that your posts in this thread are commendable, but in reality they are just laughable.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
One of the most shocking things about this thread is all the people saying "what if..."

There shouldn't even be a "what if..."!!!

No one should need an excuse! Stop asking these questions, because it makes you seem compliant and willing to accept that it's even remotely right.

It's not right at all, and it doesn't matter if you've broken down, if you work at night, or if you study late in the library. This should not be a law AT ALL, no matter what the individual needs or wants.

This is actually very telling about the members here. Rather than outright refusing to have any restrictions on individual freedoms, members here are seemingly seeking excuses as to why they should be allowed out.

There should be no excuses needed. Stop looking for examples, focus on the core problem - people are being criminalized by a dictatorial regime and having their most basic rights stripped from them. No excuses are necessary here, and those offering examples of "lawfully being out late at night" should look at themselves and really investigate why they are not simply refusing this outright for what it is - abuse of a police state power over free people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join