It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

------FORUM GUIDELINES------

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Now that 217 Members of Congress have decided that all US Citizens shall be treated as enemy combatants, it makes sense to launch this new forum to discuss several matters of importance. They are:

1) The unconstitutional domestic surveillance of the NSA

2) The militarization of police in the United States and around the world

3) The rise of heavy-handed or disproportionately extreme police actions

4) Conspiracies surrounding the war on drugs in the United States and the legalization of marijuana and its medically-proven benefits.

5) The US (and international) drug laws that impose disproportionate penalties

6) The incarceration society in the US and the overcrowded prisons and policies that keep them that way

And an important note: While we are now allowing the discussion of drug-related topics in an open, public, and searchable forum, we WILL NOT tolerate advocacy of recreation use in any way. Such posts will be removed, and the author's account terminated. But this privilege requires that you have made at least 500 posts in other threads in order to create new topics here.

This Forum is Not For...

- general drug-related discussion

- information related to drug legalization

- pharmaceutical issues or conspiracies

- hemp use advocacy

- discussion of personal use of any drug

edit on 30-7-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

edit on 8.11.2016 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Huzzah!!!
I will look forward to the new topics we can read about.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Will this forum be heavily moderated like the 911 forum??

I am thinking numbers 4 and 5 on your list might invite T&C violations?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Yes it certainly shall be.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Awesome addition!

This forum shall be my new stomping grounds!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hey, I want to really thank you, S.O., as well as everyone else here. This has been missing and will fill a real gap in topics to discuss. In having read your statement here and looked over some already posted in the forum, I think I can see where the drug line is and it's a clear enough one with a clear distinction in what is and is not open to chat about.

There have certainly been a few threads I've wanted to run with along these lines (Well within new policy) and, obviously, shelved in my 'Maybe later' archive for another time. Again, thanks for giving us all the place to now have that "later" to start some very good discussion!

*Also noted on the 9/11 forum level of Staff attention ..and thanks for that too. I foresee rough waters at first..but then a real productive forum in the long term!

link   
Wow its a sad day for humanity. We have a forum just for Posse Comitatus

link   

There is absolutely no need for this forum, sorry bill but your OP makes it sound like a extension of the American Issues forum, unless Posse Comitatus has actually been suspended (and its not) i cant see a need for this type of forum.

i take issue as well with several of your reasons:

The unconstitutional domestic surveillance of the NSA

The NSA has been spying for years and we have known about it without a forum such as this, usually just getting put in to the "general conspiracies forum", and I think that above comment is debatable, PRISM was legal we are told after all (to be clear i am not saying i agree with that just making the point)

The militarization of police in the United States and around the world

Unless the National Guard takes over policing duties then there is no grounds for this, yes some of the law enforcement community have military style weapons and tactics (such as SWAT and HRT) but they are needed with the threats we face.

The rise of heavy-handed or disproportionately extreme police actions

This has been happening form day one, as long as there exists a police presence in society this will go on, and why single out the police its the whole of the legal apparatus that is to blame for this.

Conspiracies surrounding the war on drugs in the United States

This one i actually get (although not in the context of this forum) but all you are going to do is invite people to start up discussions about illegal substance misuse and fall into the same problems I am told you had with another forum about drugs.

5) The US (and international) drug laws that impose disproportionate penalties

as above really, going to lead to loads of T&C violations

The incarceration society in the US and the overcrowded prisons and policies that keep them that way

What we now need a forum about prison over crowding?

because that is how that last one sounds, its also going to invite a whole load of the "FEMA camp" threads..

sigh...

Sorry big man, but i don't see the point in any of this, we can discuss all of this stuff on the boards anyway with out yet another forum that to my knowledge none of the members have been asking for. I can see this leading to loads of members getting into bother for breaking the T&C's and I don't think think that all of these reasons are as connected with Posse Comitatus as you might like to think.
edit on 25-7-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hopefully all the Far right post their stuff here instead of making everything into politics on the other forums!

So i can permanently disable this forum!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Great idea! a chunk of these topics always wind up in general CT or the political madness forum.

Its nice to see that they get their own board now.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Giving this thread a well deserved bump.

I may just have to jump into the fray once again...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
...unless Posse Comitatus has actually been suspended (and its not)...

Hmmm...

What conspiracy theorists have suspected all along, the NSA is using the technology first deployed to track enemies of the state on all domestic communications.

Stories of militarized police violating the third amendment and invading private residences, and arresting the property owners, to surveil potential criminals.

Stories of militarized police forces, with federal agents, using extreme force to no-knock invade homes "suspected" of having drugs.

A "war" declared against a segment of citizens.

It's not officially suspended... but in spirit, it's now meaningless.
edit on 25-7-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
great stuff

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

OtherSideOfTheCoin
Posse Comitatus has actually been suspended

Hmmm...

What conspiracy theorists have suspected all along, the NSA is using the technology first deployed to track enemies of the state on all domestic communications.

Stories of militarized police violating the third amendment and invading private residences, and arresting the property owners, to surveil potential criminals.

Stories of militarized police forces, with federal agents, using extreme force to no-knock invade homes "suspected" of having drugs.

It's not officially suspended... but in spirit, it's now meaningless.

Thanks for responding to your readers needs.

I know it is not easy to satisfy everyone. This gives us clarity where to post.

Thanks...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Slick and accurate to tie this subject to drug use. IMHO, it is the steroid popping law enforcement and the mental alertness facilitators in use by the militia and a trickle down to NSA contractors that creates much of the bizarre paranoid behavior we now see where an entire population becomes the enemy.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Surely you don't think Moi shall be posting there?
All my gripes in one handy forum! Hot dang!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Keeping all posts discussing the legalities of all the topics S.O. pointed out, should keep everything mature and constructive. True, personal opinions will seep in every now and then, but we should try to keep those to a minimum. These topics are mature, and needed considering what's going on in Washington, so we should try to keep the conversations the same.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This is interesting. You could nearly lump 5 & 6 together, and all the while wonder why there is no one from HSBC, or alphabet agencies incarcerated therein

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

There is absolutely no need for this forum, sorry bill but your OP makes it sound like a extension of the American Issues forum, unless Posse Comitatus has actually been suspended (and its not) i cant see a need for this type of forum.

And here is the firstdisinfo agent to tell us everything is okay
Just kidding coin

edit on 7/25/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I have a question about disscussion of telecommunications on ATS.
I have worked over 30 years in telco.as a lineman to a tech.
What would violate the T and C as far as dissussion?
I can answer many ,not all, questions in regards to tapping and monitoring, nothing top secret.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join