It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They were White and They were Slaves

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5

Originally posted by mikeone718
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Great thread here, thanks for the read

I wonder why I've never heard an Irishman complain about the "man" holding him down.

Could that be that the Irish have been coopted into the white race. As recently as the 1950s in England there were signs up stating "No Blacks, No Dogs, No Irish" in the UK.

Betcha ya didn't know that one!

Well,I certainly did.

1950's thou ???

Try 60's n even early 70's !!!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

reply to post by peck420

Nope I am not joking. The only Joke that I make is that you undrstand the term white supremacy. Google is your friend. Please good the expression. It was Bartholemew De las Casas that actually used it to justify taking black slaves to the new world because the native indians were to fragile. The arguements started there.

If you look at the ancient writings even the Norse got on with the "blue men".

Class dismissed

Wow.

First you should start by reading the ancient Indian texts that claim that every one outside of their domain is animals. That is Indian (Brown?) Superiority.

Then you can move on to Asia, start were you want, there is a lot to cover, but you can end anywhere you want in the Middle Kingdoms (China) and read all about us mongrel devils and savages (anybody not Han)...which would be Chinese (Yellow?) Superiority. When you are done with China, I encourage you to read ancient works from Korea and Japan...those two have a very unique mix of xenophobia and racism.

At that point, if you are still interested, feel free to move to the middle east. I would have thought that Arabs, Persians, and Indians would not have as much racist connotations in their works, as they are very similar physically, but I was wrong. They hate each other to levels we have never experienced in the West.

Europe...the only ones you believe capable of racism.

Africa...sadly, you don't need to go into history to see their latest works, but their history is chalk full as well.

North America...ah, good old North America. Not only did most tribes hate each other, regardless of race, there was zero love between any of the different ethnicities. If they weren't using you as a slave, you were a sacrifice, or worse...a meal...granted that does seem to appear on every continent at one point or another.

The only place I have yet to find extensive amounts of racism and superiority complexes would be Australia. Which I attribute to the lack of written history, and lack of interaction with other races until fairly recently (recent being relative when dealing with history spanning thousands of years).

Is there anything else you would like to 'educate' me on, professor? It would seem to me that you are more then a couple continents behind on your reading.

Anybody who claims that race superiority is a 'white' thing is woefully under read, or wilfully ignorant.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneManArmy

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity

It seems from the responses of some there will never be healing because they believe they were persecuted more. The fact is NO BLACKS in America today were slaves. No whites in America today were slaves. Equal rights has been around a LONG time, and I have most certainly been on the receiving end of racism from blacks many times, but I don't look at all blacks with one lens. Most American's both black and white call themselves Christian and yet are we seeing Christian love for one another? Would we be proud of our collective racism and hatred or would we be ashamed?

It is my hope that we can stop this race baiting, deal with things honestly, and not play the continuing politics that have destroyed so many of us.

There are many black people alive today that did have to suffer segregation and fight the oppression to even get to the point where we are now. It wasnt really that long ago. And the responses to this thread shows its a really hot topic even right now. You just have to look at the us prison population which is also a case of modern day slavery, the numbers are extremely skewed, lots of men, mostly black, and for many of them their biggest crime is cannabis possession. Manufacturing goods literally shackled, in 2013 in the land of hope and glory, where dreams are made, where freedom and liberty rules? oh wait. And lets not forget those in guantanamo bay, cleared of wrongdoing but yet still held captive, and driven to hunger strike, whose listening to them?.

The past cannot be changed no matter how many years debating it, the only thing people have any power to change is the future, through their actions and attitudes now.

I do not disagree with you that many blacks are in prison today for petty crimes and that is because these elite whites who run everything can't just chuck them off to some remote island to use as slaves there. That being said, these same elites would round up all the poor whites and "undesirables" and ship them off at the same rate. That of course does not negate the absolute facts that blacks commit violent crimes against whites at an astounding rate compared with whites committing the same kind of crimes against blacks.

The truth of the matter is we are fighting against the wrong groups, and it's going to get much worse if the elites have their way. They want the whites to rise up and the blacks to rise up and let us tear the country apart, all the while they sit in their elite communities with their armed body guards sipping champagne as we do exactly what they have programmed us to do.

I am not an enemy to the black population. I have never discriminated against anyone for any reason. I truly do believe in judging others by the content of their character and not the color of their skin. With all the fomented hatred though I am losing hope for any true healing or stopping the elites and maybe we are not ever going to do that. On a side note, I see prophecy as more of a new report.

God is outside of space and time and knows exactly what will happen because He's already seen it. When he sent messages to the prophets it was not dictating His will be telling us what we did because He is outside of time and space. Thus, my research shows that throughout history these elites have built up one system to gain control then when it reached it's maximum usefulness, they tore it down and brought in a newer system.

They expanded their reach, combined various faiths into one larger one and then expanded some more. This current system has run it's course and they now want to bring in a new system. It's much the same as a landlord wanting to bring in a new building and tear down his old one, but the tenants have to agree to get out. Some agree easily, but others don't want the new building with it's super cool security systems etc so they resist. So, what's the slumlord to do? He starts not repairing things, ruining the environment, shutting off the water, letting crime run rampant until finally the residents who think it's all just happening for no reason demand he do something, and they are not only ready to move into his new building (system) but they thank him for providing it for them. Of course they are ignorant that they are even more controlled than ever and it's just like our fancy humane zoos where the animals think they are on some vast savannah in Africa. Only those who get too close to the fence realize it and they just disappear before they can spread the word.

They are moving us towards their New System and they have to keep us distracted enough from the real causes of the breakdown. Part of that distraction is racism. And we are doing exactly as they expect us to, but it's a choice to go along once the curtain has been pulled back to reveal that Oz is just an old man tricking us.

I can't wait to see how it ends.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

There you go !!!!

I was writing about white supremacy..... Not supremacy but a special subset. I promise to give your $10 bucks if you can find that I have ever claimed only whites can be racist.

Either you cannot understand what I am writng or you are trying to misrepresent me.

I will not waste time trying to find out which it is.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPlow

I realize that by this point you're not going to reach them. They're all just trying to justify their racist mindset by saying, "woe is me, my ancestors suffered the same fate!"

No. The Irish were "enslaved" because they were rebels, war criminals.
edit on 17-7-2013 by ElPolloPlomero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

reply to post by peck420

There you go !!!!

I was writing about white supremacy..... Not supremacy but a special subset. I promise to give your $10 bucks if you can find that I have ever claimed only whites can be racist.

Either you cannot understand what I am writng or you are trying to misrepresent me.

Here is your own words:

I am happy that you have learn something that you did not previously know. However I acknowledge that that was a brutal time. However black racism was significantly different because it was iniated due to the doctrine of white supremacy. White supremacy continued long after the the end of slavery. Given the racial profile of class in America only idiots would equate White supremacy with Black supremacy IMO.

You have claimed that white supremacy and black supremacy are different, and that black slavery in America was 'different' because of that.

It wasn't. It was no different then any other type of slavery. Deal with it.

I will not waste time trying to find out which it is.

Of course you won't. You aren't here for knowledge, you are here to push your agenda and run.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

My agenda is as follows: I knew baout the ubiquity of all races being enslaved. I however argue that mentioning white slavery as the equivalent of black slavery is a flawed logic because it omits white supremacy. You of course have ignored white supremacy becaue it serves your agenda.

here is a link to white supremacy.

en.wikipedia.org...

People like you then pretend to understand why this country has a thinly veiled racial unease bubbling away below the surface. Only frank open and informed discussion will ever solve America's racial woes.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by MrPlow

I think it's disgusting that Africans selling their own to the Europeans is left out of the history books. Is that not telling a half truth? yes or no.

And no one mentions the Arabs play in all of this. They were buying, selling, and trading black slaves before the first European stepped foot on the Continent.

That was never left out in any history book that I read maybe understated but not left out,and selling their own??.yeah if you think that Africa is one unified polity or culture ancient or modern, the concept of "RACE" as we know it is relatively new to Africans and only slightly older to Europeans.enslaving your neighbors was the thing to do across the globe.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Being Irish I was fully aware of my ancestry and my history.

Thing is pretty much everyone has been a 'slave' at one time or another in world history, and any background, and has expierienced hatred,intolerance, and bigotry.

Unlike quite a few people today who are just living in that prison of their minds.

Free your mind the rest will follow.
edit on 17-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Irish American here. It is irritating to have blacks look at me as if I am whitey. I try to explain history to them and they think I'm making it up. For the most part they don't want to hear it. Which is fine but I sure have to hear it from them. I find it interesting that they don't teach anything the op said in schools either. I'm not surprised that they have no idea what I'm talking about. It's a strong subject to me at the moment because during the Zimmerman trial a guy at work told me he can't protect me when the riots happen. It's not like I asked or brought it up. He was just making it clear that I'm whitey you know what I mean? I look at him and said I'm Irish. He is from Jamaica and understood very well what I was saying. He replies, oh you are on our side.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Slavery in eastern lands was different than in the west because there was little or no chance for upward mobility you were in fact chattel,the Mamelukes of Egypt and the Jannessiries (white Slaves) of the Turks wielded immense power in the case of Egypt they took over and became the masters,however how they became slaves were just as horrid and brutal as what happened in Africa and were often sold by neighboring tribes or polities.

Even in south of the desert in Africa White slaves were to be found 'Ibn Bhutta, who lived in West Africa for some years during the Mid-14th century, reported that the Mansa of Mali had an elite bodyguard of 300 slave recruited soldiers. These MAMLUKS are believed to have included Turks and other Northerners, perhaps even some Europeans"

The so-called Arabs did not escaped slavery from Africans either Ethiopians invaded at-least three times and what they saw they took,The government of Kenem Bornu an ancient kingdom in west Africa made use of Mameluke slaves and debated whether or not to enslave a tribe of Arabs that had recently showed up on their boarder they wrote to the sultan of Egypt asking of his advise on this..if it were found they were true Muslims then they should not be enslaved if they showed any apostasy then they could be enslaved,need less to say slaves of Arab origin ended up on the coast from the Kenem empire along with native Africans to be shipped off to the America's.
edit on 17-7-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ezwip
Irish American here. It is irritating to have blacks look at me as if I am whitey. I try to explain history to them and they think I'm making it up. For the most part they don't want to hear it. Which is fine but I sure have to hear it from them. I find it interesting that they don't teach anything the op said in schools either. I'm not surprised that they have no idea what I'm talking about. It's a strong subject to me at the moment because during the Zimmerman trial a guy at work told me he can't protect me when the riots happen. It's not like I asked or brought it up. He was just making it clear that I'm whitey you know what I mean? I look at him and said I'm Irish. He is from Jamaica and understood very well what I was saying. He replies, oh you are on our side.

I also know the story of Irish slaves in the Caribbean their descendants are called red legs in places like Barbados and they did not have an easy time of it,if you imagine how cruel the English overlords were they would put an African who saw his own people brutalized in charge of a work gang with a whip,off course that African is unlikely identify with a people who looked like his enemy although suffered the same fate ..then there were the Maroon wars in which conscripts of both slaves and free Black and Whites were used to spearhead an attack on the Maroons what the English did was put the Irish in front with the Black shots behind them to shoot and kill any Irishman who act the coward or shirk their duty, In early America Blacks and Whites used to escape together and planned rebellions until slavery became limited to blacks only such is divide and conquer tried and tested.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
So, this isn't about empathy. It's a contest to see who suffered the most.... as if that negates anything that is happening presently to black people. You are sorely missing the point of the rage of black people, and this proves nothing but your avoidance of the obvious disparity between black and white suffering IN THE PRESENT DAY. There are shady types that must be so happy at the distractions being offered.

White people enslaved white people. This still proves that white people need to practice some humility and self-reflection, and stop trying to come up with every reason they can to avoid facing some real deep problems in their treatment of their BROTHERS, which obviously to me (thanks to your research) has more to do with the need to feel superior than a person's skin-tone. But all you can do is say, "but blacks enslaved black people!" Until we face our OWN FAULTS with humility and honesty instead of pointing the finger, we have no right to judge them on their mistakes.

One more thing... ever heard the term "Black Irish"? Here's an interesting article that may prove worthy of investigation.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
wow what a find,
i am a black irishman
edit on 17-7-2013 by spirited75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The persecution the Irish received at the hands of the British was disgustingly brutal and evil. I think every race at one time or another has suffered the same problem. The difference is that the blacks are kept down and oppressed, uneducated and poor by their own so called black leaders and liberal democrat politicians needing votes, money, and power. I hope they break free some day and be their own person.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

The persecution the Irish received at the hands of the British was disgustingly brutal and evil. I think every race at one time or another has suffered the same problem. The difference is that the blacks are kept down and oppressed, uneducated and poor by their own so called black leaders and liberal democrat politicians needing votes, money, and power. I hope they break free some day and be their own person.

Aaah there you go you were doing just fine until you reduced it down to Libs vs Cons. you have in some places where people in Gov attend slave theme dinner parties while at the same time trying to write the issue of slavery out of the books because it they view it as embarrassing rather than dealing with it and moving forward.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Interesting OP, I always new the English treated the Irish badly, but I never knew about the slavery part.
I remember one of my teachers once wrote on the black board RICH VS. POOR the history of the world.
He was teaching history. Not much has changed, we are economic slaves today, most renters are only a few paychecks from being homeless. In fact one of my co-worker badly sprained his ankle on the job, after hobbling around for 2 days and I saw how swollen it was, I told him he should go on compensation until it healed. He said if he did he would be homeless, I thought wow, that is really pathetic and yet this is the sad reality for millions today. He just rents and drives a very plain car, an average guy with an average life. When average has become that close to homeless poverty something is wrong today as it was 300 years ago, it's just more subtle today.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirited75
wow what a find,
i am a black irishman
edit on 17-7-2013 by spirited75 because: (no reason given)

Men such as these raided the coastal areas of Europe sometimes taking entire villages
According to C.B. Driscoll,these sea rovers raided Baltimore castle in 1631 and their Negro cheif,Ali Krussa, carried off off Mary daughter of Sir Fineen O,Driscoll,master of the castle.
Some of these white European women were taken into the harems of the sultans ,and rose to positions of great influence.one of the most noted was Shams Ed Douha(the morning sun)favorite wife of Abu Hassan Ali,the renouned "Black Sultan".Their joint tomb at Shella is one of the architectual gems of Morocco.
From J.A Rogers Sex and Race vol.1

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I was quite interested in your OP - a very egalitarian approach to the topic.

Right up to the last paragraph where you blame everything on the Jews..................

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Good stuff OP. Thanks.

I would also add, 'They were Jewish, and they controlled the slave trade!"

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join