It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Edit: off topic
edit on 13/7/2013 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by marg6043

SERIOUSLY RIGHT????? Amen sister, just so you know... TPTB should never be involved with local politics, and as much as I am in NO WAY racist... I have to say he hand PICKED this case for one VERY APPARENT reason!! For our first African American President, he sure is making Racism WORSE....IMHO!!!!

Maybe I should say he is sparking a whole new era of REVERSE racism... honestly I do not even like the term in and of itself... why? Because the term "reverse" racism suggest there is only ONE kind of racism...which personally I find more ignorant than even racism itself!

link   

+1 more 
link   
The State guys are doing a press conference (on FNC right now), and some idiot reporter is STILL talking about shooting a "child"? Way to fan the flames.

For those acting as though this was a wrong decision, you aren't paying attention.

1. This was NOT a child.
2. Self defense isn't murder.

Zimmerman's life being ruined isn't a good thing, as some sickly claim, but an injustice. When the day comes that you have to defend your own life, and someone accuses you falsely, may you receive what you dish out.

link   
I'm really glad to see a not guilty verdict in this case and I think justice was served. I just never saw any real evidence to counter Zimmerman's claims of self-defense, and given the principle of presumption of innocence, the only verdict I would have been able to render was the same as the one given by the actual jury. Good luck to Zimmerman and hopefully he can get on with his life. And I also hope he sues the hell out of the media and ends up owning them by the time its over.

edit on 13-7-2013 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

link   
I purposely didn't follow this case because it was intentionally played up in the media and made into a racism based live drama entertainment venue.
One of these days, after the facts are put into coherent form from the court documents, I might read about it and form an opinion of my own.
Right now it all seems to be just a bunch of half truths, race baiting and political games masquerading as concern.

I hope people keep their heads.
It would be a shame for anyone else to get hurt over this.

link   
They are so full of it.

As they are saying the case isn't about race the split screen is showing people protesting with signs about racial profiling.

They decided it wasn't about race when it came out that George was considered a "CREEPY ARSE CRACKER"

At that point they decided it wasn't about race.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

The man needs to be asked for his resignation immediately he has no business to incite protest and racial violence, people needs to wake up is a bigger agenda behind any riots, protest and racial violence that will result from all this

link   
After the election of Barack Obama their was a huge rush to by guns and ammo.
After this verdict their will probably be a rush from people of color to acquire guns and ammo too.
I'm going to be sick.Then I'm going reluctantly to get a gun and some ammo.

link   

link   
reply to post by JohnBlack

This is the FIRST time justice HAS been served in a controversial case.

Are you sure? Wasnt Jodi Arias just convicted of murder in a pretty controversial case?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The defining factor for me that Zimmerman should have at least gotten charged with manslaughter is ; In the 911 call the operator specifically told Zimmerman to break off pursuit, instead he continued to follow and CREATED the situation. Sad day in this country they let a killer,worthless pile of flesh who has nothing to offer to society but lurking around in the shadows pretending to be a cop preying on people he thinks might be weak. He picked the wrong kid because Treyvon Martin kicked his ass and because he was whooping him he happened to get bullet to the heart. RIP TREYVON[snip]
edit on 13-7-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The defining factor for me that Zimmerman should have at least gotten charged with manslaughter is ; In the 911 call the operator specifically told Zimmerman to break off pursuit, instead he continued to follow and CREATED the situation. Sad day in this country they let a killer,worthless pile of flesh who has nothing to offer to society but lurking around in the shadows pretending to be a cop preying on people he thinks might be weak. He picked the wrong kid because Treyvon Martin kicked his ass and because he was whooping him he happened to get bullet to the heart. RIP TREYVON [snip]
edit on 13-7-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

What is wrong with you? You think what he did was wrong, but have been encouraging others to do the same. What is your agenda?

link   
reply to post by Happy1

Now the riots begin... I will hold my thoughts in but I am not happy with this verdict and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

link   

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

That is really sad.

Do you consider that there could be lessons to be learned from this?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

If we allow other people's agendas, irrational behavior to make our decisions for us, then yes, the case was more than that.

Let's show everyone though that we won't get distracted by the engineering, the manipulation that has happened since the start of this.

Let's remain calm, rational, level headed. Let's deny ignorance. Not embrace it as so many would want.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The evidence did not support a conviction. That is the simple fact and you can debate all day about it but it comes down to 6 of Zimmermans peers hearing all of the evidence against him and deciding it wasn't enough to convict.

Take your emotion out of it because trials are not supposed to be about emotion, they are supposed to be about facts and evidence, something the prosecution in this case was woefully light on in both accounts.
edit on 13-7-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join