It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Sad day in this country they let a killer,worthless pile of flesh who has nothing to offer to society but lurking around in the shadows pretending to be a cop preying on people he thinks might be weak. He picked the wrong kid because Treyvon Martin kicked his ass and because he was whooping him he happened to get bullet to the heart. RIP TREYVON [snip]
reply to post by joeym1991

RIP Treyvon and I agree with the post above
edit on 13-7-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by joeym1991
The defining factor for me that Zimmerman should have at least gotten charged with manslaughter is ; In the 911 call the operator specifically told Zimmerman to break off pursuit, instead he continued to follow and CREATED the situation. Sad day in this country they let a killer,worthless pile of flesh who has nothing to offer to society but lurking around in the shadows pretending to be a cop preying on people he thinks might be weak. He picked the wrong kid because Treyvon Martin kicked his ass and because he was whooping him he happened to get bullet to the heart. RIP TREYVON [snip]

Although I believe Zimmerman should be held accountable in some form, I believe justice was done based on facts and evidence (or lack there of). But what really scares me is that there are people like you out there so blind to reality that they (you) actually believe what you are saying despite evidence and facts to the contrary.
edit on 13-7-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by shell69

When the piece of crap president came into the media to say that if he had a child it will be like Treyvon I almost fell of my chair, what in the hell he was thinking about, didn't he knew that the so call Child had a record? The only reason the case became in the media circus was thanks to him, he made the mess that it was with his big mouth taking sides and making it into a racial issue.

Yes the president of this nation made the Zimmerman case a racial issue.

edit on 13-7-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

link   
Wow, people threatened his family? Seriously?

link   
First let me say that I am glad to hear the verdict and believe that justice was done.

The prosecution had one duty and that was to show that what George Zimmerman did was not self defense. Instead they walked us down a bunny trail if suspicions and assumptions, the would've and could've. The self defense law was clear.

"It is justifiable homicide when a person believes that their life is threatened with severe bodily harm, or death."

There was no way to prove that a reasonable person would not see this as self defense. Zimmerman was injured but those injuries in themselves are not necessary for it to be self defense.

That facts show that Zimmerman was on the ground pleading for help while being beaten. A reasonable person would fear for their safety and life.

This case should have never come to court, but the political forces laid the pressure and so we had a show trial of humiliation. Yet in the end it was the jurors who brought the sanity back to the society, and now this bad episode should be laid to rest.

link   
Wow..said I was out of topic, but West just brought me back in.

He was indeed blunt.

Peace

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
if any one is still watching the press conference the difference between the prosecution and the defense is staggering in how well or not well they did in the press conference as compared to how good or not good they did inthe trial,

the defense was calm collected and spoke clearly and eloquently

the state bumbled and used emotional pleas and acted emotionally during the press conference

they are now questioning the defense attorneys about the threats they revived,the lawyer decides to not answer the question

link   

link   
I for one am happy to see that the mob mentality that has gripped this country since this whole story began wasn't able to force a verdict in a courtroom.

Whatever happens from this point on is another story entirely.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

I think the prosecution slit their own throats yesterday by asking the court to consider adding an additional charge of child endangerment and manslaughter.

This was an act of desperation because they knew at that point they had already lost the case. That is exactly what it looked like to me and I am damn certain that is what it looked like to the jury.

Was justice served?

I don't know, but what I think is that both were in the wrong place at the wrong time. I also think that both could have easily walked away.

link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

See, now this infuriates me!!! Especially because we all know that an order of protection is nothing more than a paper trail for someone that could possibly need to defend their self one day!!!! I mean SERIOUSLY!!!!! What does an order of protection do, other than TELL someone who obviously has NO RESPECT for their fellow human beings that you are NOT going to be bullied anymore???? An order of "PROTECTION" has rarely EVER protected anyone!!!! In fact in my OPINION, It NEVER protects, and in order to have a judge sign off on one, and have it entered into the court system and enforced... you have to PROVE you fear for your life! That in and of itself says to me that after the fact, if she had to fire a warning shot, she FEARED for her life!!! Obviously this is a situation where the old saying applies, dead men make bad witnesses! Obviously she left someone alive that was able to eventually convince a jury that she was WRONG and should be prosecuted herself.

C'mon people, we have all seen multiple cases over and over where a woman has attempted to do what was right and protect herself and her children by being BRAVE enough to take out an order of protection, have it served on her abuser and then ONLY be retaliated against afterward??? In most case the abused are not only murdered but usually any innocent person who gets in the way of the attacker killed as well in the process!!!!!

I say this is the MOST RIDICULOUS thing that I have seen in a very very long time! If that were MY home that I was protecting MYSELF and my CHILDREN in... there would be absolutely NO warning shots, not because I think violence is the answer, but because I think you must MEET whatever you face with the same amount of force that is being exercised against you!!! Also, as a gun owner.... I think it utterly STUPID to brandish a gun, and take the chance of having it used against YOU... you should always shoot to kill....IF you feel that you must shoot at all!!!!

Good post!!! Thanks for making us all aware of this INJUSTICE!!!!!
edit on 13-7-2013 by shell69 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Wow, people threatened his family? Seriously?

Just go on twitter and facebook, thousands of people are making threats.

link   
I was shocked the whole time that this trial has garnered the attention nation wide it did, when the crhistain newsome case locally barely got any national coverage. Or why is this killing more important then others? Its all about timing. Distract the people from prism, nsa spying, snowden, economy, etc.

Having said that, if the prosecution cannot build a case strong enough to convict somebody without reasonable doubt, then they failed, or they were barking up the wrong tree. No witness were there, or stepped forward to describe what happened. Maynot have been a fair decision, but it was the correct one based on the evidence.

link   
Will there be a catch phrase created?

"Go pull a Zimmerman"

Will it work both ways now?

link   
I honestly can't believe some of the posts I've been reading.

How can you cheer on Zimmerman after he killed a 17 year old kid?

Trayvon had no weapon, and posed no threat to Zimmerman, so he was not defending himself. What < snip > is wrong with some of you?

You condone murder, you support it? Who cares if he was crucified by the media? Zimmerman deserves to rot in jail, but now it seems that something far worse will happen to him.

MOD NOTE:

Please do not try to evade profanity censors.
edit on 7/13/13 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

link   
Excellent verdict but in a way it was obvious. Every one with any sense knew the prosecution's case was weak. They never had a case to begin with. I've been saying that since evidence first started rolling into the public's view a few months after Trayvon died.

Justice has been served

link   

Originally posted by DarkNite
reply to post by Happy1

Now the riots begin... I will hold my thoughts in but I am not happy with this verdict and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Not a fan of innocent people not going to jail?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by PLASIFISK

What is wrong with you? You think what he did was wrong, but have been encouraging others to do the same. What is your agenda?

I do think what he did was wrong. However he was found not guilty and accept that.

Now, I just wanna make sure I understand this new precedent, or has this always been the case.

You can legally kill someone so long as they touch you first, and you feel your life is threatened.

To easy! I can walk up on anybody, agitate them enough to touch me, then I can shoot them dead.

I think I can get use to that.

link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

If we allow other people's agendas, irrational behavior to make our decisions for us, then yes, the case was more than that.

Let's show everyone though that we won't get distracted by the engineering, the manipulation that has happened since the start of this.

Let's remain calm, rational, level headed. Let's deny ignorance. Not embrace it as so many would want.

i can agree with that. i have wonder the whole time this was going on, what was the government was doing while the whole country watches the trial.

keep them watching the right hand, and don't let them see what the left hand is doing.

link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

I can agree with you on that. A lot of people have different opinions and comments. Only a small group have been rational. A lot of have taken way into hatred that I don't agree with. Crazy world!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join