It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenwald: Snowden has enough information to cause US govt 'worst damage in history'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Yo!

Someone tell Snowden do something useful like LEAK the Bin Laden Raid photos

Then maybe I will care what he says.

So, you don't consider informing the American public it is being indiscriminately spied on in violation of Constitutional rights on the main stream world stage useful? Interesting.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Anybody think that Snowden could possess information on E.B.E's or U.F.O's?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Thanks for that. I'll get over there and read it and comment soon. Bookmarked for now.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I would think that Greenwald having hit the big jackpot with Snowden as an investigative reporter would be careful as to his credibility right now. And that's given that he knows the depth and breadth of what Snowden knows, which I believe he does.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by EA006

Anybody think that Snowden could possess information on E.B.E's or U.F.O's?

My guess is all of that info is buried by now, if there is even any material to begin with.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

So, you don't consider informing the American public it is being indiscriminately spied on in violation of Constitutional rights on the main stream world stage useful? Interesting.

Read this ALL of it

Informed people of what?

Something they ALREADY knew?

Since when is the constitution all fired so damn important?

Has been trashed long before Snowden or the NSA ever came around.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

It`d be nice to think so but i doubt it very much, surely he would have "leaked" authentic undeniable proof of things like Roswell and Hoaxed moon landings if he did. I think this is just another well scripted soap opera to keep peoples attention away from whats really going on imo.

I would love to be wrong though.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If this guy really believed in the ideology he spews every time he opens his mouth, he'd just release everything he has and be done with it--while he still has the spotlight, thereby achieving the maximum possible influence.

But he's not doing that. It seems as though he's just stringing everyone along, providing yet another distraction to feed the people's hunger for vicarious experience. That, or to feed his own ego. Probably both. The media is happy to oblige because it takes the focus off what we should really be concerned with--the fact that the state, every day, right now, is breaking its own laws and getting away with it. People would rather engage the "hunt for the traitor" narrative than the "guess what, your government is evil" one.

That's not the movie they want to watch.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Greenwald has seen everything. He's said so in his column.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Helious

Read this ALL of it

Informed people of what?

What is important is this. You and I knew it was going on, a lot of people did but many, many more did not because a large portion of Americans will only believe what the see on CNN.

What he did allowed all Americans to be able to consider what the NSA is doing to violate our rights because it's on every news station and in every news paper in America. It's not like I think Snowden is the next coming of Jesus or anything but to say that he did nothing useful is unfair in my opinion.
edit on 13-7-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Don't think anything he has done was 'useful' as useful would denote a change in Government actions none of that happen the last go round, and nothing will this go round.

But people do watch movies: pretty damn sure millions watched 'Enemy of the State', and 'Eagle Eye'

www.imdb.com...

www.imdb.com...

Hell 'Spying' has been immortalized on film and television for decades.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

reply to post by Helious

Read this ALL of it

Informed people of what?

What is important is this. You and I knew it was going on, a lot of people did but many, many more did not because a large portion of Americans will only believe what the see on CNN.

What he did allowed all Americans to be able to consider what the NSA is doing to violate our rights because it's on every news station and in every news paper in America. It's not like I think Snowden is the next coming of Jesus or anything but to say that he did nothing useful is unfair in my opinion.

I agree it definately has drawn attention to the fact that our (i use the word lightly) governments have been spying on us, but i tend to believe that even a lot of msm believers, not just in America but around the globe already knew/unwillingly allowed this spying to take place. If he really can take down America in a minute with earth shattering revelations i need a bit more than the burnt offerings of "your governments spying on you" to convince me hes some kind of folk hero ready to lead an uprising against tptb.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Yep, I think he has all the communications before and during the initial stages of the IRAQ war.
Comments and conversations between agencies and the BUSH admin where they admit to creating evidence, tricking the public and moving straight for the oilfields.

Something like that coming out would have the United States up on warcrimes and a few select backroom people up for crimes against humanity.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Helious

Don't think anything he has done was 'useful' as useful would denote a change in Government actions none of that happen the last go round, and nothing will this go round.

But people do watch movies: pretty damn sure millions watched 'Enemy of the State', and 'Eagle Eye'

www.imdb.com...

www.imdb.com...

Hell 'Spying' has been immortalized on film and television for decades.

I didn't like "Enemy of the State" but "Eagle Eye" was a good movie. Consider the propaganda on the other side of that coin, "Zero Dark Thirty" Olympus has Fallen" "White House Down". If you try having a debate with people about what the government is doing to violate your rights and reference a move title, you are going to lose credibility instantly.

At least now when I have conversations with people about Constitutional rights, tyrannical government and the continued invasion of privacy and loss of liberty and I can point to this specifically and know that it's not debatable that they are doing this because almost everyone in America now knows it's true, thanks in large part to Snowden.

This is the practical worth I put on what he has done so far, your estimation of value is obviously lower and that is ok by me but I'll tell you, every little bit of cold hard fact we can point too when discussing the effects of lawless and tyrannical government when we are trying to reach out to others to wake them up is priceless too me.

JAK

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Here's what Glenn Greenwald has to say on the matter (the interview given to La Nacion):

About the Reuters article

When you give many interviews in different countries and say essentially the same thing over and over, as I do, media outlets often attempt to re-package what you've said to make their interview seem new and newsworthy, even when it isn't. Such is the case with this Reuters article today, that purports to summarize an interview I gave to the daily newspaper La Nacion of Argentina.

Like everything in the matter of these NSA leaks, this interview is being wildly distorted to attract attention away from the revelations themselves. It's particularly being seized on to attack Edward Snowden and, secondarily, me, for supposedly "blackmailing" and "threatening" the US government. That is just absurd.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

That takes care of that issue.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I'm not sure what information could be that disturbing to move most Americans.

The price of beer will triple? No NFL this fall? All reality shows to be cancelled? What...????

If what he has released so far has not started a counter steer, what is the chance of more of the same doing anything?

BTW, I wish it would. I really do. If he has more, bring it. Maybe, just maybe, the GZ trial theater will simmer down soon and we can focus our ADD populace on something important.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by caladonea

Yep, I think he has all the communications before and during the initial stages of the IRAQ war.
Comments and conversations between agencies and the BUSH admin where they admit to creating evidence, tricking the public and moving straight for the oilfields.

Something like that coming out would have the United States up on warcrimes and a few select backroom people up for crimes against humanity.

I think the tertiary effects aren't being felt right now, due to the enforcement issue.
I thought the International Criminal Court has already found certain unmentioned major
players in the US guilty of war crimes already.

Trouble is, Nuremburg couldn't happen until the prosecuting 'powers' won a war against
the bad guys. So here we are: the supposed bad guys have all the biggest baddest toys
and are effectively saying "What are you going to do about it?"

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This is a sensitive issue in my opinion, and I have heard many people call this man a traitor, and say that people should support everything their government does no matter what, etc, etc. After thinking for a good while about the entire situation, I have decided that it would be beneficial for Snowden to publish all information regarding the spying by the US on its allies, as well as other information that would prove that the US government is doing things that are not acceptable per our Constitution. The spying on allies is not really defying the Constitution, at least I don't think it is, but it is still not acceptable. There is a huge difference between spying on enemies and spying on allies, and there is a huge difference between certain methods used in spying on enemies, and the method of bugging allied foreign embassies.

So why should this information be released? Because something MUST change. The longer the US government is allowed to get away with its illegal and immoral activities, the worse this world will become. And we all should know that the US government does abuse the rights of its citizens, their Constitutional rights, the most important thing any American citizen has. The breadth and depth of the illegal activities by the US government, both against its citizenry and foreign countries, is astounding. And we do not even know the half of what they do. We suspect a lot, and have good reason to, but we cannot even suspect some of the things they are probably doing.

And as far as denying Constitutional rights to any citizen, that is quite dangerous to our freedoms, whether one realizes it or not. And then the government tries to convince us that they actually need to take away our rights to better protect us. That is a load of crap, and it is counter-intuitive to the largest degree. Even our Founding Fathers warned of this very argument. They basically said that if the government attempts to take away your rights, any of your rights, by stating that they must do this for your protection, then we the people are obligated to rise up against that government's tyrannical practices.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

It is beyond any changes "voting" can cure. As long as TPTB "allow" the surfs to maintain their idea of "freedom" with things, stuff and trinkets. As long as they offer up the two headed puppets to vote for during elections..... Nevermind, I have nothing useful to say.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join