It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenwald: Snowden has enough information to cause US govt 'worst damage in history'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Greenwald: Snowden has enough information to cause US govt 'worst damage in history'

rt.com

Former NSA contractor and whistleblower Edward Snowden possesses dangerous information which could potentially lead to America's “worst nightmare” if it is revealed, according to the journalist who first published Snowden's leaked documents.

“Snowden has enough information to cause more damage to the US government in a minute alone than anyone else has ever had in the history of the United States,” Glenn Greenwald, the Guardian journalist responsible for publishing some of Snowden’s first leaks, told Argentina-based newspaper La Nación.

“But that's not his goal. His obje
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Checked to see if this has been posted and I didn't see anything for it. If the search actually worked... Also couldn't find any other sources than RT currently. Now onto the topic.

If this is true then the U.S gov't should be playing a little nicer with Snowden. If he in fact has a plethora of data that could cripple the U.S gov't and potentially make a lasting mark on the White House then Washington should really be taking this more seriously.

Or there's the other aspect of it. Washington knows Snowden is lying about the amount of data he has and isn't going to let up because they have nothing more to fear from him.

Personally I think Snowden does have more information and is just waiting for the right time to release it or waiting for the right event.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Makes a lot of sense and I additionally think that there's the "if anything happens to me, this stuff goes public" kind of scenario going on here

edit on 13-7-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Hopefully he kept a bunch of that information to himself and didn't give any of it up. The U.S gov't is prolly aware that he could release the info at anytime and that's prolly why he's lasted this long.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

If this is true then the U.S gov't should be playing a little nicer with Snowden. If he in fact has a plethora of data that could cripple the U.S gov't and potentially make a lasting mark on the White House then Washington should really be taking this more seriously.

I have a hunch that TPTB in Washington D.C. and elsewhere have figured out what information he has; I think they are taking Snowden very seriously and I do think TPTB have a definite plan in mind to deal with him; that they are not going to reveal to the public; at least not until it is all over with.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Heard the same kind of sensationalism with Assange and Manning.

Guess what?

America is still standing, and is evil as ever until the next leaker is put up on the same pedestal.

Honestly think Snowden is running a COINTELPRO against the US or a foreign government has found a 'useful idiot'.
'
If there was some 'damaging material' could a person live with 'leaking' that when they are responsible for a country tearing itself apart?

People are free to adore' Snowden, but people should be careful what they wish for.

edit on 13-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
What does ANY reporter truly know about our capabilities?
COINTELPRO hands down,Clower & Piven applied strateigically. Bring down America by defacing us internationally.
edit on 13-7-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If that is true then US would have given 10s of billions of dollars to friendly nations or neutral nations to give Snowden the asylum and once there that country hands over Mr. S to the US.

My prediction is Mr. S is not going to leave Moscow anytime soon and might even be given asylum once he agrees to shut his mouth publically but privately gives information to the Russians.

Why would some do things like give up $120K job when only 30 years old, betray one's own country and get himself boxed in third world nations without any clear chance of freedom. He is also the target of US government for neutralization by assassination. Betrayal in spy circles is usually not forgiven.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yo!

Someone tell Snowden do something useful like LEAK the Bin Laden Raid photos

Then maybe I will care what he says.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I always find myself feeling very suspect when anyone announces that they have paradigm altering information... but do so without releasing it. It smacks of psychological warfare and / or media manipulation.

While it is possible that Snowden is doing this simply to keep himself in the news - and therefore somewhat more safe then he might otherwise be from questionable or illegal US Government retaliation against him... this feels very much like a circus side show to me. Well more that than anything substantial. Very suspect.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

That was my first thought as well. He prolly does have a good amount of good information, but to do "worst damage in history" is a pretty big claims since there been a lot of damage that we know about it going on right now...

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

You are aware that this is not a new revelation? I don't recall in which of Greenwald's articles he stated that Snowden had given out this encrypted (without the key) information, but it was early on.

I'm just kind of wondering if Michael Hastings was one of the recipients.
edit on 13-7-2013 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
I'm just kind of wondering if Michael Hastings was one of the recipients.

Very interesting there. I had no considered that angle of Hasting's death... I have not really givin' much of a chance as far as conspiracies go...

I would say that could very well be possible.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

The U.S government has been hi-jacked visavis Corporate money, and I doubt very much they care what happens to this country. The military complex marches to the beat of big corporate and banking interest. This is just what they want, "Down on your knees...peasants, and fear us".

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Word is that Snowden's "trump card" is irrefutable evidence that there is a usurper in the oval office...

Personally I hope he plays it... then we'd finally get the change we need...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Yo!

Someone tell Snowden do something useful like LEAK the Bin Laden Raid photos

Then maybe I will care what he says.

My sentiments exactely, even if he could release a snippet of true evidence on NWO, ET`s, depopulation of the planet...ANYTHING i thinkit would greatly increase interest into what he really does know and a s@?@ load more support in his cause. At the moment hes told us nothing except what most people already know, the governments been snooping on us.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I just hope the rest of the world doesn't look upon the American citizen with the same disdain as that of our corrupt government. The key word being OUR government. We can make changes, even today as bloody messy as it is. Most choose not to, either out of fear or laziness.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'd say he's already dropped his biggest bombshells. The government, especially in the intelligence agencies, keeps information very compartmentalized. He might be able to reveal some very specific information on a few topics but for the most part it's going to very incomplete.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by fenian8

It would be cool to think he would have had access to that kind of stuff, but I highly doubt it. All of that info is prolly buried so deep no one could find it...

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Well, well, well there is in fact a thread on this very thought. Brought to my attention via a U2U. Here you go:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Be sure to read the linked article!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join