It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highway Body Cavity Search in America...It's Happening. Are You Still OK With it?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Ok,

I held my breath and gave it up to ATS members to explain the law in these road side stops. I learned a little and discovered a lot in that thread.

Many said that it was justifiable while most stated it as illegal. 4th of July DUI Checkpoint - Drug Dogs, Searched Without Consent. Is This Legal?

Now we have this:

For those that agreed with roadside search and detainment...how does this grab you?

Still ok with this in your Country? Is this your wife, daughter, niece, girlfriend?

Still ok?

I feel sorry for any that agree with this scenario and if you still say it's ok, you had better pray that no one you know has a roach in their possession because it's cause for a roadside cavity search from your friendly local local law enforcement.

All they have to say is "Reasonable Suspicion" and the violations begin.

Please note at 1:50 on the vid that comments were not available because of the holidays. Yay!

Go ahead...defend it. I dare you.

Peace

edit on 7-7-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
In Texas of all places.

I am having a rough time wrapping my head around all of this.
So I will leave my answer short and precise.

We have allowed this to happen from sheer ignorance.
Generations have passed with apathetic responses.
It's time we start reacting appropriately.

The LEO's are at fault here. They should know better.
This is beyond ludicrous. It's insane.
What is going on inside their collective heads?

Protect your rights people.
They WILL claim you have none.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Absolutely disgusting, and add to the fact that the person performing didn't change gloves between the women. Only in Amerika folks, thats what we have let this country become. Smh, people need to start getting outraged beyond belief if we are ever gonna reverse the tide here.......

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Jude I don't think is defendable, if one of those women had AIDS for example, which BTW is extremely likely to be contracted through the anus, which is why gay men have so much higher rates of the disease, then now this woman was attacked and technically "murdered" with a biological weapon.

Hep C......I mean what could this psychopath have been thinking?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
So one of the troopers got fired. Were did she get the idea that this was ok then? Did she violate a clear directive about roadside cavity search?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Someone is rubbing the genie lantern , and I wonder what the genie will say when it's out of that lantern , I'm guessing " surprise , here comes the revolution you've been wishing for " .

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This type of abuse is designed to bankrupt communities, and get us all used to being subjugated. The one thing that I haven't figured out is how they program LEO, to carry this out. We need some honest cops to come forward. Oh ya...wait a minute. That's right. Honest cops are hunted down and burned at the stake.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Its all part of conditioning the slaves.

I think they're calling it the "new freedom initiative".

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It is absolutely deplorable that this was even considered an option to investigate. The fact that police can search anyones orifice at all is deplorable imo.

They now have portable xray scanners now that they can bring to the scene and find out if you are "holding" any nefarious items in your person. So, this sin't even necessary in the first place. I also don't agree with the use of these things either, but that's for another time/topic.

Can anyone picture Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, or George Washington submitting to this type of behavior from an officer of the law? I didn't think so...

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Deleted
edit on 7/7/2013 by muse7 because: friend having fun on my account

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Privateinquotations

They now have portable xray scanners now that they can bring to the scene and find out if you are "holding" any nefarious items in your person.

That's just friggin great.I suppose the training in the use of equipment that can alter cell structure in your body will be given the same top notch attention that the tasers were given.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I'm okay with them they are useful in catching illegals and drug smugglers

How many illegals do you suppose have been apprehended with a body cavity search?

My mind does things it shouldn't sometimes. Thanks for that

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

So lets say you ran over a joint on the road, and a k9 gets a positive, OR at least thats what the cop claims.

Your okay with Jim-bo bob the state trooper with a large state trooper gloved hand, which has zero medical training exploring your anus and lower intestine digitally?

Wow your willingness to give up dignity for safety is amazing.

ME, I may have a problem with that, which would probably end up in violence or worse for me.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
If we take the 'bad cop' notion out of the equation, we have to go higher up the ranks.
The frequency of the radio call for female officer to perform a search would be open and should have alerted someone at dispatch, and in turn their superiors.

As noted in the video, if they found something in the vehicle they already have their proof. Any body cavity search they deemed necessary could have been conducted in the privacy of the station upon arrival there. Doing it by the side of the road is just hideous.

If the cops were not 'bad cops' but were breaking protocols, they obviously must have been conditioned to think it was okay. What are they telling cops at the station? Why do we keep seeing these things happen?

We see a lot of, "...is now on paid leave while an investigation takes place.." or "suspended..." or "no action was taken." It appears that for every cop/precinct that gets away with one of these things another becomes emboldened by the apparent impunity. Transgressions become commonplace, become policy, become the norm.
Why, because nothing is done to stop it.
Take the 'bad apples' out of the equation (because they can't all be that bad), and you're left with a bad barrel.
edit on 7-7-2013 by Badgered1 because: grammar, syntax, and spelling.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Dear jude11,

We have not always been in agreement; but, I have posted on transportation issues and nobody can correct me on transportation issues. Look up MAP 21. It is a federal program that turned local right of ways into part of the federal highway system and I am not okay with it. It used to be that I could drive form Los Angeles to San Francisco (merely an example) and the federal government had no say because it all remained within the same state and the federal government only had say over interstate activities. With this change, they now have say over intrastate activities. What we are seeing is the federalization of all transportation.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Privateinquotations
They now have portable xray scanners now that they can bring to the scene and find out if you are "holding" any nefarious items in your person. So, this sin't even necessary in the first place. I also don't agree with the use of these things either, but that's for another time/topic.

I wouldn't submit to that, either. Hells no. Sorry ociffer, you can death ray yourself hundreds of times a day if you want, but you're not exposing me to needless frivolous radiation (aka technically a medical procedure) just to try to catch me in a crime and throw me in jail.

No thank you, I'll not consent to that roadside medical procedure (did I really even just have to write that sentence? What is this country coming to, in the name of its insane "War" against its own people?)....

Not to mention that this could be seen as violating not only the fourth amendment, but also the fifth. Roadside xray is several steps too far. (As is roadside cavity search.)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I’m not sure why they would think this was reasonable since, in another recent case, two troopers were fired and indicted for the same thing.

Two Texas state troopers responsible for a roadside body cavity search of two women have been indicted on charges of sexual assault and oppression.
rt.com...

Scott Palmer, who represents the victims in the case, declined to comment to reporters on Friday, but previously said that the roadside body cavity search was a possible violation of the Fourth Amendment.

“This is outside the constitutional grounds by a mile. It’s not even close. This has to stop. These two need to be stopped,” he previously told NBC.

This is outrageous! I’m sure these two women will win in court.

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You did not just really say that?

Illegals? Really? I never took you for "that kind" of person, that would support body cavity searches as a way to stop "illegals" from....being illegal?

Go home, Muse. Your drunk.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

If you ever see the headline, "Bigfatfurrytexan killed by police officer", it will be because something like this happened.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

You did not just really say that?

Illegals? Really? I never took you for "that kind" of person, that would support body cavity searches as a way to stop "illegals" from....being illegal?

Go home, Muse. Your drunk.

I have a question....

Who is smuggling illegal immigrants up their keester?

No matter how bad I wanted to enter this country, I would have to decline that mode of travel!

edit on 7-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join