It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Implementation of Obamacare bumped to 2015!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This just came out, apparently. The transition by the White House and Federal Government to Obamacare will take place over a period stretching into 2015 as opposed to 2014, as had been the plan. This should be interesting to see play out with other factors that had programs set to taper off on that time line.

Real-world testing of reporting systems in 2014 will contribute to a smoother transition to full implementation in 2015.

We recognize that this transition relief will make it impractical to determine which employers owe shared responsibility payments (under section 4980H) for 2014. Accordingly, we are extending this transition relief to the employer shared responsibility payments. These payments will not apply for 2014. Any employer shared responsibility payments will not apply until 2015.

During this 2014 transition period, we strongly encourage employers to maintain or expand health coverage. Also, our actions today do not affect employees’ access to the premium tax credits available under the ACA (nor any other provision of the ACA).​
Source: US Dept of the Treasury

Anyway, that's the latest development on the future that is Obamacare! A reprieve from the deadline...for some, anyway. In some ways.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

How cruel! He sees all these paranoia sites spout off disinformation about it and get all fearful and then he's like "Hmmm... I wonder if I wait another year if they'll actually READ it."

I was really looking forward to it just so I can stop hearing the "predictions" all the Glen Becks and O'Reillys have about how the government is going to off our grandmothers and provide abortions for kittens or whatnot.

Damn it.

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It is being delayed so the dems can win reelection in 2014 before the rate hikes and coverage drops.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
How convenient, he is preparing for the next big wave of finger pointing.
Obviously the effects will be immediate and 2014 falls mid into his second term.
Now he needs to kick that football as far away from this administration as possible just so that it falls on the next guy/gal.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Haha...., soon he'll need asylum more than Snowden.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

This is the worst law in a Country with a history of some bad laws...

Obamacare will be removed root and branch.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

This is the worst law in a Country with a history of some bad laws...

Obamacare will be removed root and branch.

i have to agree with that statement. i think what they're doing is no different than what they are doing with the budget, kicking the old can down the road because they know full and well they cannot run anything correctly, especially not a train wreck such as the affordable care act.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
But WAIT !!!!

Here's the kicker of ALL kickers.....

[color=limegreen]
While the employer mandate is being delayed, the so-called individual mandate -- the requirement that individuals obtain health insurance -- presumably remains on schedule for 2014.

**WHAT**!!

Obviously this will cause big big problems for individuals.

Now what

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It has to be bad when the administration that created this TAX walks away from it to help in an election.

Pathetic police-state, totalitarian slime!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
But WAIT !!!!

Here's the kicker of ALL kickers.....

[color=limegreen]
While the employer mandate is being delayed, the so-called individual mandate -- the requirement that individuals obtain health insurance -- presumably remains on schedule for 2014.

**WHAT**!!

Obviously this will cause big big problems for individuals.

Now what

Yeah, sure.....

they can't force me to buy a product i can't afford, with money i don't have...

what are they gonna do, throw me in prison for not buying insurance?

i can understand insurance for operating a car, but insurance for drawing breath? Ludicrous.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

The I.R.S.S. will NAIL you to a cross.

The fines will go up and up.

Maybe they will raise the fines too while they're at it

I bet they can and might just do that

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

More time for it to be fully read, I see........

Honestly, I hope folks understand how bad this thing is.

Its Crap, with a capital S..................
edit on 2-7-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

More time for it to be fully read, I see........

Honestly, I hope folks understand how bad this thing is.

Its Crap, with a capital S..................
edit on 2-7-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

No it's Hope and Change with a Capital HC as in healthcare!

Never mind it is still crap.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
So just to recap. No employer mandate till 2015 (your boss doesn't have to provide you health insurance), BUT individual mandate starts Jan1 2014.

So if you are a cancer survivor with high blood pressure (because of reading news about your crap government) you have to go find your own insurance, say $500 per month with a $5000 deductible if your lucky enough to find as company who will insure you to begin with and because of your health history or pay a tax (fine) to the IRS or go to jail.

Now what could possibly go wrong with this bright idea?

Please Please will one of the obama sycophants respond to this thread and tell me how I am wrong and how everything is going to be soooo much better.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Do I need to spell out how freaking pathetic an admission of failure this is by Obama? Or what a nakedly political act of cowardice it is? Oh, and that's before we get to the truly staggering implications: if Obama can simply decide to unilaterally 'suspend' one of the KEY PROVISIONS in his supposedly awesome let's-pass-it-so-we-can-discover-what' s-in-it healthcare law, why couldn't future Presidents decide to, you know, suspend every provision? It's the LAW NOW. Duly passed by Congress and signed by the President. But hey, if the President decides it's gonna hurt his party in the upcoming elections then it's totally cool to just say "nah bro, we won't be doing that bit."

Good to know that enforcement of the laws -- especially the stupidly self-destructive ones that you forced your own party to railroad through in the teeth of massive national opposition -- is now merely 'optional' on the part of any given administration. Can't wait to see what the next Republican president does with that power. I'll be sure to poke each and every Democrat in the eyes with this one when they predictably spout off about tyranny.

Every person here who doesn't call this administration out on this, or makes any sort of excuse, outs themselves as an irredeemable partisan unworthy of posting in a forum that denies ignorance.

Prepare because this thread will be pulled up to haunt you every-single-time.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau

Please Please will one of the obama sycophants respond to this thread and tell me how I am wrong and how everything is going to be soooo much better.

Do not I repeat DO NOT challenge there logic they will insult you.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Even Ezra Klein says this is a disgraceful low point for the Obama Administration.

This from a guy who has thrown his back out multiple times carrying water for Barack Obama.

But the White House didn’t get an act of Congress delaying the penalties. They simply directed the Internal Revenue Service to refrain from enforcing the penalties. The announcement came, accordingly, in a blog post by Mark Mazur, Assistant Secretary for Tax Policy at the Treasury Department, prompting Ben Domenech, a fellow at the conservative Heartland Institute, to snipe: “Little known fact: Constitution made Assistant Secretary for Tax Policy [the] fourth branch of government.” Domenech has a point: This is a regulatory end-run of the legislative process. The law says the mandate goes into effect in 2014, but the administration has decided to give it until 2015 by simply refusing to enforce the penalties.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
That's so the next elections will be over before the crap they implemented fully hits the fan and people see what we are stuck with.

They don't want all the unhappy people to be influenced during the election because it will kill the Democrats chances.

The guy is smart. Don't believe that everything he does isn't done for a reason.

Same reason the Bengali attacks were hushed and lied about till after his election.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

The Obama/PPACA supporters will simply explain that the high costs will be offset by the discounts and tax credits, and the supposed Medicaid expansions, and subsidies.

But that only applies if you qualify as poor.

Then they will explain that people who are not poor can afford the high costs.

People of all economic status will pay regardless.

The defenses of PPACA are getting thinner and thinner.

Get ready for more delays and changes.

The 2016 elections are getting closer......

The whole thing is commie-Marxist-corporatist.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Since the law calls it the 'Employer Mandate', I wonder if this 'delay' is illegal ?

Watch for Liberal groups to file lawsuits etc etc

Does anyone know where the 'provision' is in the law that allows a delay like this ?

Does the law allow a circumvention of Congress ?

Which 'Department' has this much authority ?

I say recall PPACA and delay the whole thing.

It ain't gonna work.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join