It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 297
<< 294  295  296    298  299  300 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas
did they ask for clarification of sentence difference between murder two and manslaughter? or what was the actual question i missed it as all i can see are the talking heads

Questions on sentencing are not permitted.

The standards in Florida for murder II are equally stringent for manslaughter.
edit on 13-7-2013 by Lysistrata because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Judge called for recess for 30 mins for both sides to agree on what the jury gets...

I am really hoping that they are allowed to know the penalty...see to me, I think they are seeing the fine line between manslaughter and self-defense.

I'm trying to be positive...

link   
reply to post by ugie1028

From your link .....

Manslaughter is excusable if ....

When the killing occurs by accident and misfortune in the heat of passion, upon any
sudden and sufficient provocation, or ....

That's pretty much what that fight between Martin and Zimmerman was.

link   
That lady commentator on CNN lied about the jury instruction. Guess I am not surprised.

link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Just so you know: The court just took a 30 minute recess so that the lawyers can agree on how to answer the question.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Does he go to prison for manslaughter?
I haven't been following this case at all. What could he go to prison for and what good get him free?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
I am really hoping that they are allowed to know the penalty...see to me, I think they are seeing the fine line between manslaughter and self-defense.

Not many people know that Manslaughter can be 30 years in jail. It's very serious.
You ask the average person on the street and they'd say manslaughter is a slap on
the wrist for an 'accident' and the person gets 4-7 years and a lot of it is probation.

It's too bad that juries don't understand this ...

link   
You can tell those who want to see George Zimmerman found guilty..

I have yet to see folks call Trayvon, Mr. Martin. No one calls Zimmerman, George.

I was watching various News sources, and heard Talk show hosts use the names as kind of an emotional ploy.

Just an Observation of sorts, carry on.

link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Spin?? LOL You are on a Merry-go-round. Your boy's injuries were the equivalent of little mosquito bites that I would have given great attention to in the face of my children, but would have cracked a smile and laughed with my husband later.

spin yes indeed, your post was exactly a attempt to spin and move away from the helmet and head injuries discussion,by bringing the raspberry, knees , elbow and shoulders in.

forget the little cut that was there, what about the knots that were present on the back of his head, do you not worry about knots that form on the back of you child head after hitting the concrete or asphalt?

or do you just ask, how many fingers am i holding up and then pat them on the butt?
edit on 13-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That's pretty much what that fight between Martin and Zimmerman was.

Your statement is an opinion.

Not everyone agrees.

link   
The jurors in the trial of George Zimmerman have requested clarification on the instructions regarding manslaughter.

Breaking now on CCN.

Looks like he' gonna get the manslaughter.

link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

No. (at least, not yet). No verdict has come in. It was a question by the jury
about manslaughter.

link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Judge called for recess for 30 mins for both sides to agree on what the jury gets...

I'm trying to be positive...

The jury in Florida is not permitted to ask about sentencing. All the jury will have on that is what they already are aware of - which in most cases is not much.

Manslaughter is just a difficult to prove as murder 2...........George Zimmerman will be found NOT guilty. Tonight!
Despite the biased judges desire to hang GZ..........
edit on 13-7-2013 by Lysistrata because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Jury instructions for finding GZ not guilty of manslaughter.

The killing of a human being is excusable, and therefore lawful, under any one of the
following three circumstances:
1. When the killing is committed by accident and misfortune in doing any lawful act by
lawful means with usual ordinary caution and without any unlaw
ful intent, or

2. When the killing occurs by accident and misfortune in the heat of passion, upon any
sudden and sufficient provocation, or

3. When the killing is committed by accident and misfortune resulting from a sudden
combat, if a dangerous weapon is not
used and the killing is not done in a cruel or
unusual manner.

Finding him guilty

In order to convict of manslaughter by act, it is not necessary for the State to prove that George Zimmerman had an intent to cause death, only an intent to commit an act that was not merely negligent, justified, or excusable and which caused death.

If you find George Zimmerman committed Manslaughter, and you also find beyond a reasonable doubt that during the commission of the Manslaughter, George Zimmerman carried, displayed, used, threat ened to use, or attempted to use a firearm, you should check the appropriate box on the verdict form which I will discuss with you later in these instructions.

I think they are confused about these 2 things.

link   
www.ijreview.com... what ann couluter has to say on the matter..... for what its worth figured some might find it interesting mostly yelling at the media handling of the issue video at link

link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Looks like he' gonna get the manslaughter.

Seems like they are seriously considering it. They didn't immediately dismiss this as 'not guilty'.
So they aren't following the law but instead are following emotion.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Does he go to jail if he gets manslaughter?
I'm curious what would happen. This isn't your typical Casey Anthony trial. This can blow up either way.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I am a little worried about this jries understanding. It was self defense, if they believe that about Murder 2 then manslaughter should be out too. I hope the question was just so they could make certain it couldn't apply in self defense.

If they convict for manslaughter I am certain it will be overturned on appeal. They should know the sentence for manslaughter is up to 30 years.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
www.wftv.com...

The judge is researching if she can give additional instruction to the jury for manslaughter.
Perhaps that is part of the 30 minute break going on .

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

Does he go to jail if he gets manslaughter?
I'm curious what would happen. This isn't your typical Casey Anthony trial. This can blow up either way.

Max of 15 years for manslaughter.

He could walk.

top topics

<< 294  295  296    298  299  300 >>

join