It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 206
<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well this hardly seems fair...

I heard on CNN that Zimmerman's father was sequestered and therefore unable to be inside the courtroom for the trial because he was going to testify. If that's the case then why were Tracy and Sybrina able to be in the room the whole time?

Robert Zimmerman spent less time on the stand than either of them and only answered a few questions... the very same question that Tracy and Sybrina were there to answer...

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

Victim's family is always allowed, even it they will testify.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
If the jury does not act on emotion and use logic, reasoning, and the facts presented, they have to acquit.

Why?

The prosecution provided too many what-ifs, and no clear picture.

The only side that painted a clear picture of the events of that night was the defense.

I even see it with the Martin supporters (commentators, bloggers, family, friends), that they themselves don't have ONE solid account. Each of them have their own alleged story, which should show them that the state never proved its case.
edit on 10-7-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by firemonkey

Trayvon's dad lived in the neighborhood

One more time. A factual error that persists. He did NOT live in the neighborhood. His mistress, Brandy Green lived there. Tracy is/was married to Alicia Stanley, and cheated on her regularly, exposing his child to his galavanting and chicanery, taking Trayvon to her house with him while he blatantly cheated on his wife.

Propogating the cycle of multiple baby mommas, propogating the lifestyle of infidelity, unfaithfulness, multiple wives, mistresses, and from all appearances, likely the one teaching Trayvon about drugs and guns.

His father was likely one of the worst influences in his life.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
reply to post by AlexG141989

Victim's family is always allowed, even it they will testify.

ahhhh I see. Thanks for clarifying that...

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Not only did they not put forward any likely scenario, today with the doll, they all but conceeded Trayvon was the one on top. They essentially made the defense case for them.

Listening to mulriple media outlets today, it became obvious the prosecution has lost all but the hardline Trayvon supoorters that refuse to succumb to common sense. I saw people today, that I never thought I would, admit that they believe Zimmermans' story.

The tide has now turned, and all we have now is the closing statements. Keep in mind, the defense will be allowed to use the animation in their closing arguments, giving the jury even more of a visualization. Those things have impact, because most people learn and absorb by visualization.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

I have noticed that people like Al Sharpton (ones subject to firing) have toned down the rhetoric a little today. Someone must have sent out a message.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It's pretty clear that Zimmerman did not commit murder, or any other crime. The prosecution totally blew their case today, with the doll especially. It got brought out by the expert that, " If I were on top and beating the person underneath me, why would I be screaming for help." With that statement the prosecution case died, and you could see it on the prosecution team's faces.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Not only did they not put forward any likely scenario, today with the doll, they all but conceeded Trayvon was the one on top. They essentially made the defense case for them.

Listening to mulriple media outlets today, it became obvious the prosecution has lost all but the hardline Trayvon supoorters that refuse to succumb to common sense. I saw people today, that I never thought I would, admit that they believe Zimmermans' story.

The tide has now turned, and all we have now is the closing statements. Keep in mind, the defense will be allowed to use the animation in their closing arguments, giving the jury even more of a visualization. Those things have impact, because most people learn and absorb by visualization.

Yep

I too have had some of my Martin supporter friends concede today, and the ones that are in denial halfway concede and say:

"You know what, ok ok ok...maybe it was self-defense....BUT it would have never happened if Zimmerman stayed in his truck."

I'm thinking 'here we go again with the stayed-in-truck anthem.

I had to remind them not to skip steps. "Can't say that exiting his truck caused the shooting. That's a logical fallacy. A goes to B. B goes to C. C goes to D and then D goes to E. You can't jump from A to E and act like B,C, and D never happened."

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Yep

I too have had some of my Martin supporter friends concede today, and the ones that are in denial halfway concede and say:

"You know what, ok ok ok...maybe it was self-defense....BUT it would have never happened if Zimmerman stayed in his truck."

I had to remind them not to skip steps. "Can't say that exiting his truck caused the shooting. That's a logical fallacy. A goes to B. B goes to C. C goes to D and then D goes to E. You can't jump from A to E and act like B,C, and D never happened."

Exactly, this theory assumes that the only possible outcome to Zimmerman leaving his truck was Trayvon's death, but that's just not possible.

anywho, I seriously hope Zimmerman doesn't have to do any time at all... especially not 30 years if convicted of Manslaughter.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HORSETRONAUT
Ok I have lurked enough. I swear most of you are so consumed with fear and insecurity that the part of your brain that is supposed to be used for logic and reason has been overloaded with BS. Someone please answer me how someone who is mounted and getting punched in the face and his head slammed into pavement has the ability to draw a weapon and fire a " life saving shot" to his would be attacker. How did this happen? How would Trayvon even allow him to do this if he was dominating Zimmerman physically. Did they call time out? The gun was supposed to be in his shirt under his jacket so how did he get to it while mounted. Natural reaction would be to put your hands up to block the blows. I do mma training I know this from first hand experience. There is now way this could have happened as described. Also the back of your head is one of the worst places you can get hit you would not be conscious after one or two of those plus the ground and pound that was described.

that is exactly why they wont let zimmerman testify, the prosecution would tear his testimony to pieces, they don't need to have him testify and they wouldn't let him either way, they know there are so many holes in his story its not even funny. they claim he had some kind of amnesia and thats why he had all these inconsistent statements. you know who else claimed amnesia? james holmes and jodi arias.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

My mother think Zimmerman is guilty and my dad in away agrees with her, but he expresses it differently. I never really followed the case and it sounds like both parties have made mistakes and this is the bad result.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

My mother think Zimmerman is guilty and my dad in away agrees with her, but he expresses it differently. I never really followed the case and it sounds like both parties have made mistakes and this is the bad result.

From actually watching the trial and everything unfold, it seems to me that Trayvon was the only person who made any mistakes. I don't think that Zimmerman did anything wrong that night.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

That is your speculation.

I think the reason they told him not to testify was because they want him to bring as little attention to himself as possible. They know they are heading towards acquittal and his attorney has already stated he fears for his life.

George looked like he kinda wanted to testify which tells me he is confident in his story and wouldn't be "torn apart"
He gave the story like 4 times over without any real changes and without a lawyer present. He could have testified, it's just best he doesn't so it doesn't rile the people up.

Keep on trying though.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

He is as innocent as a person can possibly be.
The trial is a farce.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989

Yep

Exactly, this theory assumes that the only possible outcome to Zimmerman leaving his truck was Trayvon's death, but that's just not possible.

anywho, I seriously hope Zimmerman doesn't have to do any time at all... especially not 30 years if convicted of Manslaughter.

I had posted a message earlier in the thread that it has the unintended consequence of painting a picture of Trayvon as an animal.

If you had stayed in your truck, you wouldn't have been attacked.

Are we now, supposed to take away from this, if you see a black person walking down the street even in your own.neighborhood, let it go, because you may just get attacked?

I hope that people realize when they use that mantra, that is exactly the silent message they are sending.

edit on 11-7-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Exactly.

I cringe every time I hear the phrase "if he had stayed in his truck"...

Plus I wanted to bring this point up:

There is a notion that Zimmerman 'disobeyed' the 911 dispatcher. Actually he didn't, according to his account,the ear witness, and evidence. He was already out of the truck at that time because he made the call on foot. He had gotten out to look for the location to tell the police where they could find Trayvon, but Trayvon had lost him.

Trayvon had double -backed toward Zimmerman's truck instead of going home.

It was at this point that Zimmerman tells the 911 dispatch "OK." And he proceeded to go back into the truck.

This is when Trayvon confronted him.

See, he never said, "No" to them. He remained calm on the phone and he complied.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

listen... you dont understand... he never listened to those orders!

He was out for blood regardless! Zimmerman is a murderer!

/end sarcasm

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

There is a notion that Zimmerman 'disobeyed' the 911 dispatcher.

actually he was never odered not to follow, it was a statement that the dispatcher said that suggested they didn't need him to do that.

the dispatcher testified in court that they can't tell or order people to do anything. that they can only suggest action. that's so if someone does something after talking to them they cant be held liable.
edit on 11-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Exactly.

I cringe every time I hear the phrase "if he had stayed in his truck"...

Plus I wanted to bring this point up:

There is a notion that Zimmerman 'disobeyed' the 911 dispatcher. Actually he didn't, according to his account,the ear witness, and evidence. He was already out of the truck at that time because he made the call on foot. He had gotten out to look for the location to tell the police where they could find Trayvon, but Trayvon had lost him.

Trayvon had double -backed toward Zimmerman's truck instead of going home.

It was at this point that Zimmerman tells the 911 dispatch "OK." And he proceeded to go back into the truck.

This is when Trayvon confronted him.

See, he never said, "No" to them. He remained calm on the phone and he complied.

So Trayvon attacked Zimmerman at his truck...and yet the shooting happened in a courtyard between buildings...not next to Zimmerman's truck.

Interesting version of events you have cooked up.

top topics

<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join