It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photoshop on the Fly - At a Bus Station (LIVE)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

BACKSTORY:

I know some of you might be at work, or on your cell phones, so you can't or perhaps don't want to watch the YT video so I will explain the case here.

You walk up to the bus stop, think it's just another day waiting for just another bus. You happen to look at the bus stop advertising across from you... What is it? I'll be damned, it's you!

The guys at Adobe sent a couple guys who are really good with Photoshop and put them outside a bus stop. They have one with a DSLR camera and a tele-zoom lens, who is uploading pics to a workstation in the back of the van. The guy sitting at the workstation is quickly processing the photos and streaming them to the bus stop advertising space which is a digital poster board.

They put you in an ad for a fake movie poster, have you soaring above the clouds, disfigure you, make you look all buffed out. They are having fun with your image!

Case in point:

Two strangers walk up, boy and girl. They cut them out and put them on top of a wedding cake and make it look like they are kissing.

God damned kid I hope you got that girls number! Does Adobe have to ask you out to dinner for you as well?? C'mon, they laid the cards out on the table for you all you had to do was ante up! Facepalm if he didn't take advantage of that.

So for those of you that can watch the video, enjoy. For those that can't, I hope I covered it well enough.

I put this in Science and Technology with a heavy emphasis on the technology part. If you did this 20 years ago, (or is it 30 years now?) It would probably make people faint, or think they woke up in some parallel universe.

This was only something of science fiction within our lifetime, now it's being carried out as a marketing scheme. And a great one at that! Not only does it get a good word of mouth going for the people involved, but as I post it here, many others are posting this in their offices now and telling friends about the realtime photoshop.

edit on 10-6-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
So cool, great find it made my day! God bless Photoshop wizards and creatives the world over!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Is it proper etiquette to not purchase the product once they’ve used your image to advertise it? I think you’re obligated to buy at that point!

And REALLY, who wouldn’t want to buy something with my image?

I hope the product is at least beard related or something masculine and not for hemorrhoid ointment or something terrible!

Interesting!

S&F

edit on 10-6-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Honestly I like this, but can see that a software will place you in the advertising of the future via a webcam you used for a motion remote.

Welcome to the future, Mondays thru Fridays it's 20% off.

I love this concept of improv street art.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I hate watching videos.

But you, sir, are the best. Thank you, thank you, thank you. May 1000 new users spawn in your footsteps.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined
Honestly I like this, but can see that a software will place you in the advertising of the future via a webcam you used for a motion remote.

Welcome to the future, Mondays thru Fridays it's 20% off.

I love this concept of improv street art.

You bring up an amazing point. Things in the past that we believed would be impossible to automate, or sometimes impossible to do at all, are common practice now with drones, robots and automated computer systems.

So what you present is a very likely scenario. And one that I would be eager to jump on board with if I was in charge of an ad agency.

Imagine automated software that did this, with facial recognition technology.

Picture for an instant, you walk into a Mercedez Dealership, and you watch video being projected onto the wall... and the video is of you driving a new AMG SL65 around the Laguna Seca track. The clip fades out and now you are in Venice Beach California, cruising along slowly taking in the sights, girls in the distance are staring back at you from their bikini bunkers in the sand.

It's all automated now though. Computers are advanced enough they are running with terabytes of RAM... or perhaps a new system. Code is running so fast though, it can guess your bodyweight, height and map your body movements in a few moments. The facial recognition cuts out your facial features and puts it onto an appropriate character for the tailored ads which will be following you around shopping malls and stores.

Nmmm...

Interesting innit??

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
My first thought...911 being photshopped. I don't know why, just what came to mind.

I guess they aren't hiding it anymore, the photshopping. It will make everyone more aware of the fact that nothing is real I guess.

I think I liked the old ways better. This is along the lines of reality tv, which certainly added low value to our lives.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
They won't need to take photos.
All they need to do is take scan your face into facial recognition system and find out who you are.
Then get a recent photo of you from your facebook.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

The advertisement is to make you think this is fun and not for exactly what you've said, facial recognition documenting.... I am pretty jaded, I know.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Cool!
make people laugh.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This could also be used as a new episode of AFV.

Thanks for the thread, interesting. I wish I was that good.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Then when the whole system is up and running, you are the star of the adverts. You feel great!

Then they add audio.

"This is a DHS alert. This person on the screen is a member of Above Top Secret. Boncho is his name. He is standing right next to you. Citizen A5689523, you are a concealed carry citizen. This is a State Sanctioned elimination. All citizens, Kill Boncho! Failure to act is a crime!

There he is, running away, get him, get him."

Crowd roars into life, runs after Boncho, catches him and ends his life!

Now, back to our normal advertising.

"The State loves you. Obama loves you. Don't think! Thinking is a crime! State sanctioned killings are life's little stress relievers. If you are really stressed, you can join citizens patrol. Guaranteed one death per night. Get it out of you system. Join today!"

P

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

A tad melodramatic for my liking. In fact, those systems you have, they don't care about you if they had them in full effect. They care about whoever might dethrone the one in power. In a sense (quite ironic as it may be) one could argue that absolute control would make the whole charade of "good vs evil" disappear.

Since people in power only care about others that might depose them, they don't give a rat's butt about the average, run of the mill citizen.

One could argue it would limit the drastic action against a populace and target specific individuals instead, which, in world such as this, simply figuring out who the "enemy": is, would be the hard part.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Since people in power only care about others that might depose them, they don't give a rat's butt about the average, run of the mill citizen. One could argue it would limit the drastic action against a populace and target specific individuals instead, which, in world such as this, simply figuring out who the "enemy": is, would be the hard part.

I disagree and I have history to show what happens. Once you have total control, any one in a position of authority can and will satisfy their urges at the expense of the slaves. Always happens. Does not matter what you call it. Slavery, serfdom or the current 'be safe - give up your rights.' It is all the same.

Death Squads are in everyone's cupboard, always have been. Hey, make it into a TV show! The Romans did!

P

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Well looking at a couple of post on this thread (9/11 photoshopped & get boncho) the over active imagination runs wild on here!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I can see some real copyright and privacy concerns, there.

Let's say that you are not a particularly attractive person (I am considered to be a homely woman.) I don't want to see my homely little face and body in an ad, particularly when I didn't approve of its use. I may not want the product, and the suggestion ("Hey! You need a diet aid!") could be VERY offensive under certain circumstances.

If this shows up, expect me to be one of the ones protesting it... unless they want to pay me the same rates that they pay a supermodel for posing in those ads.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Seriously does anyone here really think that some kind of automated version of this is going to happen it was to show off photoshop nothing more and nothing less.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I can see some real copyright and privacy concerns, there.

Copyright protects creators. They are copyright protected as soon as they create they works because they were the ones making something, creating.

As far as privacy goes, I'm not sure how that works because if filmed for TV people have to sign release statements normally. In this case, because it was part of a larger program (a commercial) it's possible they all signed. And if some didn't, they wouldn't appear.

Not sure if this was a regular, automated thing, how it would be handled with privacy issues. There's plenty of people that don't want their face up, even if it's for only when they're around...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by Byrd

Seriously does anyone here really think that some kind of automated version of this is going to happen it was to show off photoshop nothing more and nothing less.

It's a possibility in the future. Don't be such a ninny nelly...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Very neat! Loved watching the people's reactions- especially the older gentleman who was morphed into some hulk-like figure.

And applause to you for thoroughly describing video content!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join