It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Can't Trust Us....We're Going To Have Some Problems

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

If people can't trust not only the Executive Branch, but also don't trust Congress, and don't trust Federal Judges, to make sure that we're abiding by the Constitution, due process, and the rule of the Law, then we're gonna have some problems.

Was that a threat?

He goes onto say

The last thing they'd be doin' is taking Program Directors to listen to somebody's phone calls.

Didn't they just admit to the world that they HAVE been listening to EVERYONE'S phone calls

He can't even keep a straight face when saying it...

Is this the unraveling? Do they think we are this stupid?

Backlash card anyone?

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

As individuals, most people are not stupid enough to buy his crap.

But collectively as a whole, America has proven time and again that yes, we are that stupid. And will continue to be so for the foreseeable future.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
If by "we" he means himself? Why yes.... "we're going to have some problems" is a very accurate statement.

If by "we" he means thee? He needs to check himself before he wrecks himself and recall his place.

His an elected SERVANT to the United States Citizenry. He's not anyone's gift to us and he's no King or Potentate. He's no better than Nixon or Reagan in being called onto the carpet and if he has a problem with that, he can leave the building and make way for someone who may not have given lectures on the Constitution but understands it better than he does.

This citizen doesn't appreciate the implied threat ..and he's letting all that protection he enjoys go to his head. The Secret Service and bubble of protection the President has is for his LIFE....and that is in no danger whatsoever. It is not for his CAREER. That? May be in terminal danger at this stage, we just don't quite know yet ...and he doesn't even seem to understand that at this stage.

Wake up time...and for once, it's not us who needs to wake up, IMO.

*This takes the "With us or against us" to very dangerous new levels of arrogance, IMHO.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

If people can't trust not only the Executive Branch, but also don't trust Congress, and don't trust Federal Judges, to make sure that we're abiding by the Constitution, due process, and the rule of the Law, then we're gonna have some problems.

Was that a threat?

He goes onto say

The last thing they'd be doin' is taking Program Directors to listen to somebody's phone calls.

Didn't they just admit to the world that they HAVE been listening to EVERYONE'S phone calls

He can't even keep a straight face when saying it...

Is this the unraveling? Do they think we are this stupid?

Backlash card anyone?

Yes, they do think you're stupid - and entirely helpless. If I was in control, releasing this "revelation", this "journalistic scoop" would be excellent - you'd release it, gauge the reaction (which would be and is complete apathy, with a bit of resigned outrage here and there) and continue as you were.

Think about it - have hundreds of millions actually taken to the streets and called vehemently for the end of the US government and the UK government? No? Well then, TPTB's work here is done. It's really quite simple - release "infro" gradually, gradually desensitizing the populace to things that would have been considered highly outrageous before and you basically have the populace right where you want them.

There's been no resistance and no real outrage. And so things go on as normal.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
If by "we" he means himself? Why yes.... "we're going to have some problems" is a very accurate statement.

If by "we" he means thee? He needs to check himself before he wrecks himself and recall his place.

His an elected SERVANT to the United States Citizenry. He's not anyone's gift to us and he's no King or Potentate. He's no better than Nixon or Reagan in being called onto the carpet and if he has a problem with that, he can leave the building and make way for someone who may not have given lectures on the Constitution but understands it better than he does.

This citizen doesn't appreciate the implied threat ..and he's letting all that protection he enjoys go to his head. The Secret Service and bubble of protection the President has is for his LIFE....and that is in no danger whatsoever. It is not for his CAREER. That? May be in terminal danger at this stage, we just don't quite know yet ...and he doesn't even seem to understand that at this stage.

Wake up time...and for once, it's not us who needs to wake up, IMO.

*This takes the "With us or against us" to very dangerous new levels of arrogance, IMHO.

I'm surprised that you actually think Presidents and Prime Ministers actually have any real power. At least Roman Emperors had power. Modern-day Presidents and Prime Ministers are literally just figure heads - they either do as their party says or as some clandestine powers dictate. There was a day when I would have smiled and encouragingly patted the young kid on the head who said "I'd like to be President one day". Now I just smile resignedly and pat the young kid on the head in a sympathetic and resigned manner - "Kid, it's all show - you won't actually have any real power."

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

What does he mean "IF" , of course we don't trust politicians why don't any of them get it , they are part of the problem not the solution .

+30 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Ugh....Anybody who trusts the government needs to have their head examined.

Trust is a funny thing, it has to be earned. This administration has done nothing but betray the trust of the American people (as the past ones have done for nigh on 50 years now).

Sounds like Obama is saying that you'd better throw away your good common sense and just blindly trust a bunch of murderers, liars, thieves and pickpockets.

Pass the Kool-Aid, please.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

They cannot listen to mine...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

By the rhetoric in and of itself there must be a problem. Did he just deny all his problems. ?
SnF for Signals again.

edit on 9-6-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The scary thing is US citizens go on and on about freedom and how it's being taken away and how they won't let it happen blah blah
A thread a few days ago had a change in tone
US citizens saying its too late ...... It got quite a few stars and flags and was commented by many of the more stable members of ATS

If you guys .....after this last month or so of scandal after scandal........ Don't finally start to do some of the things you all say your gonna do ........I'll never see an American in the same light again ............i may even see you as complicit ...........and maybe start to understand why terrorists target civilians

What's that ?
It's not us it's our gov ....
Well you let them in power and you let this happen ................what happens next will define you as a nation and people

I'm sorry for the rant, I really am, but I'm amazed at your inaction .........disappointed in you truth be told
I truly believed that if the worlds gov's went astray .....the people of the USA were all our best chance at reigning them in ........with your rights, constitution and apparent desire to maintain those rights and freedoms.......you were the free mankind army

Are you but a shadow of your former self
Do you rest on your laurels.......sat around the camp fire reminiscing of your countries founding and fight for equality and freedom

For all your wrongs I did kinda look up to your spirit
I'm crying on the inside.......no really I'm quite depressed now

Again sorry but I had to get it off my chest

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

This is like the Nixon era gone "wild" you know our nation went into an outrage when Nixon did this and it wasn't even in the scale of what is going on right now, it cost him his presidency and he went into history as a dishonor president.

What we go now is bigger, dirtier and the outrage while there is not even closer to what happen under Nixon.

Still the distrust of the government was squashed when congress did something about it, but this time the crocks are all over congress and highest court, oh, boy I am so excited to see where all this is going I can not even sleep at night is great to be living while history is been made.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Was that a threat?

You betchya. At this point, anyone who trusts the Obama administration is inviting the brown shirts to jackboot the back of our necks. And I'll even say further .. anyone who trusts the government in the future, no matter who is in office, is pretty freak'n stupid IMHO.

link   
Since they admitted what they did, it's pointless to be cautious when we post an opinion.

But it's also pointless to ask what we think about it. No hard feelings bro (yes, talking to you), you'll leave soon and next guy will say : "If he did that, why I can't? "

Maybe it's not your fault, just followed orders right?

I don't want to hear you saying "I'm sorry, I didn't know it",......because I WON'T BELIEVE YOU.

link   

He still hasn't figured out that we DONT trust them and that IS the problem!

Thanks for sharing.....I had my comedy relief for the day.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
You know, they work for us.

What do you think would happen if I went into my bosses office tomorrow and said, "If you don't trust me, we're going to have some problems." ?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
well mr. berry setero i cant trust you either. so fuch you fuch your teleprompter, fuch your police state and fuch all your bullschmidt. THIS IS AMERICA

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
good thing we have this thread telling us about how bad Obama is, they are so rare on ATS. I just wish we had more like them, because there simply have been so few.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

Well, this is where I completely part company with the crowd that believes there is some super-group out there that runs every aspect of every nation. All 200+ of them, on a daily basis.

It's quite frankly absurd but I don't often say much because I know a multitude enjoy imagining life is like a Hollywood political thriller and everything we ever see is somehow perfectly planned and orchestrated.

I'm sure the leaders we see would love that to be true and DO put great effort into seeing to our believing it. Hopelessness and lack of power start by believing that is the case. Their greatest accomplishment in leadership has been getting hundreds of millions to believe they have less power than the handful who peddle that.

Oh, I sure do believe there is a level above Obama and there has been at least since the 1910's. However, they think and work on LOONG time tables, as is painfully obvious. This is all happening at a level well below that.

Obama has plenty of power, as do all national leaders....as long as they follow the broad guidelines. Perhaps Obama is, too. Perhaps he's off the reservation. Either way, if he becomes an impediment to the big picture above him? He'll be the one going under the bus and 'TPTB' will be back for another try at this in a generation or two. Just as they have been...again and again. If at first they don't succeed? They have the patience of Job.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

You know, they work for us.

According to my paystub, we work for them. They don't work, they do deals.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Something else he went on to say...

"...look, I am going to be leaving this office sometime WITHIN THE NEXT 3.5 years".

Is he foreshadowing impeachment??
I think he may be. I was shocked to hear him say that. If anyone knows it's gonna happen it would be him.
So...expect to hear more allegations of racism directed at people critical of him in the coming weeks. He could use the race card as leverage against "persecution". If he does, all hell could break loose.

I actually had my suspicions when he was first elected that they were gonna use him to totally destroy the constitution. The reason they wanted a black man was because they could play this very race card in case the people actually tried to do anything about it. Race riots across the country. That sorta thing.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join