It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Can't Trust Us....We're Going To Have Some Problems

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

If people can't trust not only the Executive Branch, but also don't trust Congress, and don't trust Federal Judges, to make sure that we're abiding by the Constitution, due process, and the rule of the Law, then we're gonna have some problems.

Was that a threat?

He goes onto say

The last thing they'd be doin' is taking Program Directors to listen to somebody's phone calls.

Didn't they just admit to the world that they HAVE been listening to EVERYONE'S phone calls

He can't even keep a straight face when saying it...

Is this the unraveling? Do they think we are this stupid?

Backlash card anyone?

He is damaged goods. This country should never have purchased him to begin with. He is like an item sold at Walmart and you can't figure out where its was made or produced - you have to find the fine print.

Also, I noticed in the video the woman on his right looking at him like she is in love with this guy - look at her eyes on him.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dukesy

look at the guy on the right

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
As I mentioned in a similar post!
I might entertain the idea once some major changes are made to the laws of accountability for anyone who takes an oath of office to serve the populous. For starters I would like to see accountability, 1) when there is a situation where our rights are violated, or unethical behavior suspected, no matter how small, a MANDATORY outside independent investigation should be conducted. 2) This investigation should be COMPLETELY Transparent and open to all the public. 3) If the investigation shows probable cause, a MANDATORY Trial must be conducted with a jury of randomly chosen citizens. 4) If The public servants are guilty they must be held accountable and face capitol punishment on the very first offense. Nothing less.

These people have a position of authority and the power to ruin the lives of many people. No one twisted there arm to take this position, it was chosen, and those who choose to serve in this capacity better make sure they have uncompromisable ethics, or they should pay with there personal lives! Money means nothing to them, so a fine is useless. Put there freedom and actual breath of life at risk, I think you would find much less corruption. This should be across the board penalty to ANY position, police, judge, politician, and any accessory.

This is a start for me to regain trust!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by Signals

As individuals, most people are not stupid enough to buy his crap.

But collectively as a whole, America has proven time and again that yes, we are that stupid. And will continue to be so for the foreseeable future.

When you consider that most voters have no clue what is going on in "current events" and have little understanding of history it is, absolutely, no wonder why we elect the same idiots election after election. (cough..Nancy Pelosi cough)

The young are the most arrogant as well as ignorant. How many bought Hilary Clinton's comment back in 2004(?) that "this is the worst economy since the depression"....A lot of people did, and yet those of us who lived, worked and raised children during the Carter years knows this was a load of BS with capitals and exclamation points.

My favorite way to stump a young liberal is to ask them to name a single liberal program enacted during the last 50 years that actually worked. The basic problem with the question is that the problems with liberal programs (or even conservative ones) is that they are run by the federal govt....a govt that is a bloated, stinking, corrupt, wastefully inefficient, bureaucratic clusterf_ck. That pretty much dooms any program/action to failure.

The way I see the parties are as follows: The Democrats promise neato stuff to "the people" and deliver crap that provides all the wrong incentives while being corrupt and wasteful. The Republicans promise less govt intrusion, smaller govt etc etc and then fail to deliver on even the smallest part of their platform (include wasteful, inefficient, etc etc). Both parties will not hesitate to start a war, and both parties will campaign against the war started by the other party...this is totally laughable and something young people cannot seem to grasp.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by Signals

As individuals, most people are not stupid enough to buy his crap.

But collectively as a whole, America has proven time and again that yes, we are that stupid. And will continue to be so for the foreseeable future.

When you consider that most voters have no clue what is going on in "current events" and have little understanding of history it is, absolutely, no wonder why we elect the same idiots election after election. (cough..Nancy Pelosi cough)

The young are the most arrogant as well as ignorant. How many bought Hilary Clinton's comment back in 2004(?) that "this is the worst economy since the depression"....A lot of people did, and yet those of us who lived, worked and raised children during the Carter years knows this was a load of BS with capitals and exclamation points.

My favorite way to stump a young liberal is to ask them to name a single liberal program enacted during the last 50 years that actually worked. The basic problem with the question is that the problems with liberal programs (or even conservative ones) is that they are run by the federal govt....a govt that is a bloated, stinking, corrupt, wastefully inefficient, bureaucratic clusterf_ck. That pretty much dooms any program/action to failure.

The way I see the parties are as follows: The Democrats promise neato stuff to "the people" and deliver crap that provides all the wrong incentives while being corrupt and wasteful. The Republicans promise less govt intrusion, smaller govt etc etc and then fail to deliver on even the smallest part of their platform (include wasteful, inefficient, etc etc). Both parties will not hesitate to start a war, and both parties will campaign against the war started by the other party...this is totally laughable and something young people cannot seem to grasp.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Guess what, Mr. President?

We've got some problems then.

I don't think he meant it as a threat, OP, but if he did....... no one is intimidated. So who cares?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
hey mister president (if that is your real name) if you can't act trustworthy you gots to go

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I wonder was Obama chosen for the job so he could become a patsy when TPTB drops the bottom out or if anything goes wrong . Being that he is not American having been born in Kenya he could care less about America . This was shown in his unpatriotic act of not respecting our Flag or Constitution and Bill of Rights
The powers that be are a bunch of self declared Ashkenazi Jews for the most part not to be confused with real Jews .They are in line with the Talmud that regards non Jews very poorly . So Obama a Muslim and the rest of the Bilderbergs may have a surprise when they are no longer needed . The Bilderbergs are patsies as well .

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Why should we trust you? The federal govt.; all 3 branches has utterly destroyed the constitution. Whenever it is politically convenient you have the audacity to cite the founding fathers yet they would be considered terrorists under your twisted laws that undermine the very spirit of what they fought and died for. You are the boy that cried wolf. You are right we are gonna have problems. You are no longer legitimate and I don't trust the legal,congressional or executive branches anymore, and will never trust them again. F you, and die a painful death.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

While the actions of the federal government have proven to be decidedly and purposefully anti-Constitution, and in many cases anti-American, at a level drastically higher since 2001 than before, the words spoken here clearly convey quite the opposite from what most posters here are implying.

Whether folks are up in arms because they know the executive, legislative, and judicial branches have been actively working together to undermine, more than anything else, the Constitution and the economic middle-class (the "middle 90%") or simply having trouble understanding English, I'm not sure.

I would urge anyone who translates: if people can't trust us (the government) to uphold the Constitution, then we (the government) are going to have problems as meaning: if people don't trust the government to uphold the Constitution, then the people are going to have problems to keep re-reading (or listening) over and over again until it either clicks, or you decide to pick up Rosetta Stone - English 1-3.

If this was meant as a threat, it was meant as a threat to the government that they'd best work to regain trust. Especially considering the average Joe has just recently learned that every electronic message (phone, email, etc.) for decades has been recorded and is stored permanently electronically, to be accessed and interpreted as those who spy and analyze US Citizens see fit, well, the. Ontext shoukd help even those with extreme reading comprehe sion diffi ulties make sense of the blatantly obvious statement.

The President, whether Obama or Bush II, has very little power to change anything, and so trying to nudge or encourage the other players is likely about the best he can do. W really had no choice, as his father essentially ran the nation from 2001-2008, much as he did from 1981-1988.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

If people can't trust not only the Executive Branch, but also don't trust Congress, and don't trust Federal Judges, to make sure that we're abiding by the Constitution, due process, and the rule of the Law, then we're gonna have some problems.

Was that a threat?

He goes onto say

The last thing they'd be doin' is taking Program Directors to listen to somebody's phone calls.

Didn't they just admit to the world that they HAVE been listening to EVERYONE'S phone calls

He can't even keep a straight face when saying it...

Is this the unraveling? Do they think we are this stupid?

Backlash card anyone?

A quote from the video, "They cherish our Constitution. The last thing they'd be doing is take a program like this to listen to somebody's phone calls."

It's a wonder his nose isn't so long he can't stand upright anymore!

I guess the NSA missed this one, eh?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join