It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOlogy a joke again?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I have seen a drawing of a light with a craft inside but I can't be sure if it was a true impression or just what they imagined. A member here posted a photo she had taken of a light that seemed to show two ETs sitting back to back. They were in threads here but I can't remember which threads they were in.

I mentioned a down to earth explanation for mine because my sighting happened last year when Hadrians wall was lit up with weather balloons but there was nothing about this to suggest it was a balloon and it was travelling towards the wall not away from it. It was just across the road from me and just above the rooftops, so close enough for me to have a good look at it. All I could see was a bright white light, then about three months later I saw two flashes of lights as if somebody flicked a light switch on and off a couple of times, they were in the street and a few feet apart.

There are a few members in the UK posting about lights but not discs although Maryhinge and his family saw something strange on the A55 then again on the beach. I don't know what to think about your zig-zagging light, maybe "they" lost control if there was a "they" but it doesn't sound like anything natural, we all seem to have different stories but I'm just glad they're not abduction stories.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I see your point, but would just add that anything that comes out of a UFO and is not human IS alien.
Perhaps back in the day when people were calling things faeries they just didn't have a concept of what an alien was. But it doesn't change the fact that thousands of people each year associate UFOs with aliens through abduction accounts.

Glad you asked about earlier cases. Skeptics often use the Betty and Barney Hill case as the cutoff for the phenomena. They like to say that abductions didn't happen before then and everything since matches their description (implying that everyone is lying
) So imagine my surprise when nobody really paid much attention to this thread I wrote which clearly illustrates an abduction account from early colonial America.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Well I think that no respectable journalist can investigate new sightings because no one can wade through all the fraudulent or hoaxed material that seems to be the norm nowadays. Also IMO once any of the professional "UFOlogists" most journos run a mile as they agenda of the UFO experts is a big No NO.

So the baby gets thrown out with the bathwater and the bath.
edit on 9-6-2013 by Tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I see your point, but would just add that anything that comes out of a UFO and is not human IS alien.
Perhaps back in the day when people were calling things faeries they just didn't have a concept of what an alien was. But it doesn't change the fact that thousands of people each year associate UFOs with aliens through abduction accounts.

Glad you asked about earlier cases. Skeptics often use the Betty and Barney Hill case as the cutoff for the phenomena. They like to say that abductions didn't happen before then and everything since matches their description (implying that everyone is lying
) So imagine my surprise when nobody really paid much attention to this thread I wrote which clearly illustrates an abduction account from early colonial America.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I suppose it depends on what you mean by abduction accounts but I do agree that it's the same phenomenon. I don't think anyone, in general, is lying with what they are experiencing. My personal feeling is that they should be treated as a separate phenomenon than that of UFO sightings. There's a whole other phenomenon where people see "beings" that are very similar to the "beings" described by abduction encounters. Yet this other thing is almost never discussed or associated with alien contact cases. The beings are just as bizarre and just as real to the observer just as the aliens are to their observers. The similarities are striking, yet ignored around here.

www.psychologytoday.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Well for one, we aren't allowed to talk about drugs..
For two, I doubt the account of abduction in early colonial America was the result of a few dudes smoking '___' 300 years ago.
Three, I reject the phenomenon as being purely psychological in nature.

There is simply too much evidence pointing towards a very real explanation. Which, still to this point, has not been adequately explained.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I personally believe the number of actual sightings is rare. And also that it's been pretty much a constant throughout the decades, or perhaps even centuries. It's never been a common occurrence. The only reason the # of sightings has gone up is because of the cheap availability of portable recording devices. So people are taking pictures or video of every speck, dot, reflection, lantern, plane, blimp, cloud, bird, balloon, bug, etc. et al.

The sightings are there - it's just that people (like the media) have a penchant for dramatic sightings.. or that is, sightings that have been dramatized into something spectacular by youtube or the media. Lacking that, people don't like talking about the humdrum boring sightings.. which are probably the ones that actually have merit.

It's amusing to go through the pages on this board, and find threads about an umbrella.. UMBRELLA!!.. that gets literally dozens of pages and hundreds of stars. And yet one of the best cases out there.. a UFO that followed a military spy plane for hundreds of miles, was caught on more than one radar, seen by the pilots, and performed feats they could not match.. that case got less than ONE PAGE.

That's why it seems to be dropping off. I don't look for the spectacular like a rocket spiral to fulfill my UFO interests. I prefer the legitimate sightings to research further.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Well for one, we aren't allowed to talk about drugs..

We don't need to if your own body makes it. It occurs naturally in your own body and is closely related to melatonin, which is released right before sleep. There is evidence that the stuff can be released by the brain by people just prior to dying. Lots of theories suggest that it can be released spontaneously but it hasn't been proven.

For two, I doubt the account of abduction in early colonial America was the result of a few dudes smoking '___' 300 years ago.

No need to since it occurs naturally on its own.

Three, I reject the phenomenon as being purely psychological in nature.

Well, I would consider this more of a neuro- biological theory.

There is simply too much evidence pointing towards a very real explanation. Which, still to this point, has not been adequately explained.

I actually agree. It's not adequately explained. I'm not really offering an explaination but I'm pointing to an overlooked possibility. So the trail goes like this...
Most abductions occur at night in bed. This is when our natural normal neurochemistry kicks in releasing chemicals that are responsible for sleep and dreaming. One of these chemicals, when taken artificially makes people see beings similar if not identical to aliens among other bizarre things.

Now the interesting thing is that people that experienced this believe what they saw were real beings. When John Mack researched the abduction phenomenon, he concluded that they were encountering real entities. When Rick Strassman conducted his research with Dimethyltryptamine in the 90s at UNM he concluded the same thing.

I don't know about either of them being real entities but I'm pretty convinced they are related. There is just too many similarities.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

It's amusing to go through the pages on this board, and find threads about an umbrella.. UMBRELLA!!.. that gets literally dozens of pages and hundreds of stars. And yet one of the best cases out there.. a UFO that followed a military spy plane for hundreds of miles, was caught on more than one radar, seen by the pilots, and performed feats they could not match.. that case got less than ONE PAGE.

I'm actually curious about both threads...do you have any links?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Good point OP!
I think that these posts contain most of the explanation for what is happening to ufology.

Also, we are forgeting what has been going on, on Africa, South America, Asia and Oceania. I think that we are a bit centered on North America and Europe.

As someone already pointed out on this thread, perhaps we didn´t quiet get the nature of the UFO phenomena.
As Hynek said this craft aren´t just nuts and bolts!

Remember that the shuttles launches became so common and uneventful that the media and the general public lost interest in them. Attention was only paid when there were accidents (Challenger and Columbia). Yet, we were seeing the launch of human beings into orbit (those people were "The Right Stuff" material).

I also think (and i´m aware i may get some flack on this point!) that disclosure is happening. But it´s not the sort we expect. It´s not institutional (political and economic organizations involved). I think it has been happening all along to people that those visitors (aka aliens) find suited to their intents/purposes (and, yes, it has been happening worldwide).

Just my two cents.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I think I know what you are talking about. I personally feel like I have lost hope but not because I dont believe they are out there because I strongly believe they are but because those around us in the world nowadays think anyone who does believe in aliens is crazy. While we know we're not crazy and in fact far from it those people sort of drown us out by being so oblivious and ignorant. The people who do have experiences and have been studying about aliens are in a way afraid to say so but not so much afraid more like they have given up on the people around and since the people who are oblivious make up the majority, those of us who do still seek and find interest in UFOs or aliens are just quieted.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

S@F for you, good thoughts on the subject.

IMO, rehashing the same old dry bag of bones and then derailing and detouring any newcomers has hurt the field tremendously.

On a personal note, with all of the connectedness I have experienced in my lifetime, I too have pondered your same question since about 04 when I had my last 100% up close and personal show. At the time, I took a full roll of film about the height of a telephone pole, and only a few hundred feet away. Long short, my car lost its electrical, the camera disappeared and my whole family and everyone in the camp ground fell asleep for about an hour afterwards.

Don't get me wrong, I have had other things happen since but nothing so personal and up close.

I wonder about the non terran tourists, the craft that likes to drain everything from swimming pools to lakes in just minutes? And also if something so horrible is about to happen that they do not want to be here for it?

With all the sad and terrible things going on in the world it feels as if something is going to happen to purge the earth of the majority of life as we know it.

All the people who claim to know, to channel or whatever have become nothing but a let down to me as well. None of the things they claimed happened, or are happening, so did the ET themselves set us up to look like fools? I guess if so the message would be to do as the children were instructed at that school in Africa.

I think all of the demands by foot stomping impatient and childish forerunners in the field have done more harm than good. The ET themselves will not allow the Military or Governments to disclose. There were contracts made long ago that allowed and insisted disclosure to happen, but something has changed and it is no longer a viable directive from either side.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

While it is true most abductions occur at night while in bed, that is by no means a norm.

Many abductions occur on highways, just to name one example.
And in the case of the thread I linked earlier, in a canoe on a river.

Just doesn't add up to being a result of chemical releases in the brain. Especially when you realize it often happens to multiple people simultaneously.

As far as the substance you speak of, it may occur naturally. May. And I have a bit of experience with this. Yes, it seems real. But people report similar feelings toward all psychadelic drugs.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
UFOlogy has always been a joke since the 20th century.

In the 1940s you had pilots seeing UFOs and crashes creating gossips over whole towns, but after the government told the public within a couple days they retrieved the information and the people forgot about it.

In the 50s you actually had UFOs flying over uncountable towns, even buzzing the nation's capitol. You had 100s of people seeing 100s of objects in the sky. Yet you had a counter attack of 'contactees' produced by the government for the very first acts of disinformation. It was a total joke but still hit the media big.

In the 60s you had abductees but only one was reported, but others knew about it. Really the 60s were important because it was the dawn of large scale ET visitation, I mean by this time they had abducted so many people and gotten so close that their personality started to wear off on us. We had the hippie movement, the space movement, by a decade everyone was dressing and painting their walls of bright colors, the music age had begun.

By the 70s you had direct contact as shown in many documentaries and the widely known movie Close Encounters. Just before you had many UFOs flying over their bases studying livestock, so it was periodic but when 1973 hit is was daily. They call it another 'UFO wave' but really it was an operation going on full force by aliens that were based in the US since the history just mentioned. Not only did they abduct livestock but they abducted people in rural areas most famous Travis Walton less famous the other hundreds of people who had missing time.

Going on into the 80s aliens had become fully aware of civilization since the monitoring of orbs during WWII and learned pretty much all they could so it was deemed safe to enter the homes of the human population. Before this time an alien had entered a home before but extreme precautions were taken and it was usually not more than one, but now the aliens didn't worry as much coming in groups without an urgency to create initial memory loss.

This happened on into the late 90s when it appears they had learned all they needed to learn, from those abductions they were continuing their operations all across the world for another half decade but eventually settling to ancient strongholds in South America.

So this is why you even had such a thing as UFO researchers, UFO literature, or UFO organizations, because if things were going as they are now you would have not have had them anywhere in history.
edit on 9-6-2013 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

While it is true most abductions occur at night while in bed, that is by no means a norm.

Many abductions occur on highways, just to name one example.
And in the case of the thread I linked earlier, in a canoe on a river.

Just doesn't add up to being a result of chemical releases in the brain. Especially when you realize it often happens to multiple people simultaneously.

True but those reports seem sketchy to me. ...and im not claiming an all encompassing explaination. I'm suggesting that there is stuff being overlooked. This is just one.

As far as the substance you speak of, it may occur naturally. May

No, it's a fact that your body produces it. intellihub.com...

And I have a bit of experience with this. Yes, it seems real. But people report similar feelings toward all psychadelic drugs.
forget the drug experiences.
Our brains are entirely capable of reproducing every facet of reality without the need of anything real being there. This is a well known fact but theres a lot not understood about this. Brains are tricky things.

edit on 9-6-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I'm actually curious about both threads...do you have any links?

The ATS thread started by Internos is here..

RB-47 UFO Encounter

I am not even going to bother searching for the stupid umbrella thread. Dozens of pages.. literally.. discussing a flipping umbrella on someone's back porch. It was embarrassing, but hardly uncommon. You can find a slew of completely ridiculous threads talking about UFO "sightings" that are ludicrous. Filled with ranting comments from people trying to prove they are right, rather than trying to focus on the actual important sightings going on.

And the comment I often get is something along the lines of "Well the old cases are old, there is nothing left to discuss." Which is simply foolish. You only need to prove one UFO case to be true to prove UFOs exist. And the older cases, where Photoshop and digital trickery were not available is a prime target for proof. Yet people would rather not bother with those because they are "old" sightings.

Just browse the fun history of the ATS UFO forum to see what I am talking about.

The Phoenix Lights - 5 pages

Tehran 1976 Sighting - 1 page

And for another example:

Crete UFO sighting

Now Springer started that thread, and I have a lot of respect for the fellow. But there we have literally a dot on a single picture, and it garnered 79 pages of replies. SEVENTY NINE. Chance that is an actual UFO? Pretty slim, it's probably a reflection. Not seen by more than one person, not caught on radar, not even seen by the person taking the picture! And yet it gets 79 pages, while a case that should be of paramount importance gets.. less than one page. That is why there is not headway. Because importance is focused on what will never provide proof. That last case will never, ever prove the existence of UFOs. The case where a UFO follows a military jet, is seen by pilots, is caught on radar.. that is so much more likely to provide proof. But it is not exciting or new or hip or whatever.. so it gets no attention. It's ludicrous.. we are ignoring proof right in our faces. Another more modern example is the Stephenville Texas case. It did manage a whopping 17 pages.. but still pales in comparison to say.. the Secret Space Wars - 34 pages dedicated to deciding which side of the fence the government sits on, the greys or the reptilians.

I'm not saying it's wrong to focus on the less important cases, nor to ignore opinions on unique takes in the field. I'm saying it's wrong to ignore the "boring" cases that have been covered in depth somewhere else, because there is "nothing left" to discuss. That is just wrong thinking. If you take a case that has solid proof, and you remove ALL other avenues of explanation, then you have PROOF. We just need one case with real proof, to say "Huh.. aliens or something like aliens we can't explain really do exist." Just one.. and we ignore the best cases that could prove this.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

UFOlogy is a joke indeed, but I don't think for the reasons you stated. The entire subject is one massive cover story for devices that the government has developed. I don't blame them really, but everything we think we know about them is wrong. How do I know? Because I know how they work.

I will be starting a thread as soon as I have my 20 posts about this. I will reveal one thing at a time about them and answer questions as well. I am doing this to get the attention of the people whose job it is to cover this information up. I will stop revealing the info before I have given the secret away if and when the "spooks" do something for me. I need them to put a stop to something that's being done to me. When that is done, then I stop revealing the info. Now they have backed off a lot, and for that I thank them, but that is not what I asked for. I asked for it to stop. There is no reason for it anymore and I am not upset, but it must stop. Any problems I caused in the past are long over and will never come back, so there is no reason to continue.

Here's a clue for you all that would make the topic not a joke anymore:

Part of the device can be used by itself to relieve friction off of a pulley system to the point where you can
add as many pulleys as you want and lift huge loads. Coral Castle had to have built this way and maybe the
pyramids as well. (The number of pulleys you can normally add to a load depends on the friction of the rope against the top of the pulley. Otherwise we'd all be able to do it.)

A working demonstration model of the device can be built by almost anyone with a bit of handy man skill and a few hundred dollars worth of parts, however this version will only be able to levitate.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I think that all sightings should be taken seriously. The craft we see are mostly in certain locations and we can surmise where the base is from this. More importantly, we can use descriptions of their movement and characteristics to determine how they work. I have done this and everything reported is 100% consistent with the way I have discovered that they operate. Once you know how,then all of the things about them that we know from sighting reports make perfect sense. And I mean all of them. And no, it isn't Alien technology.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Once you know how,then all of the things about them that we know from sighting reports make perfect sense. And I mean all of them. And no, it isn't Alien technology.

Oh, I see. So could you kindly explain some of the cases I've mentioned? I'd love to know how you have uncovered facts on these cases where many thousands of hours of determined research by professionals have not.

Phoenix lights were what?

Tehran UFO was what exactly?

How about the RB-47 encounter?

More recently, the Stephenville TX sightings where what exactly?

If you proclaim knowledge about ALL ufo sightings, and you have the answers, please do share them. I can't accept a nebulous "Oh.. I've studied these cases and know what they all are.. pretty obvious really" sort of statement from someone. Please provide proofs instead of statements that mean nothing.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
UFOlogy a joke again. UFOlogy is no joke. Figure we as a civilization have in the past number of yeras had space craft depart the solar system. A major step. Our Physics is defined by what we experience in this world. Imagine you leave the solar system and find things are not what you would have expected. How do you define that. I use the analogy of the universe as you are riding in a semi truck. The semi truck is traveling at a certain speed. You and a friend are in the trailer palying catch with a baseball. Each empart momentum on each object. So if you are in a world which is ruled by the momentum of the solar system, which is ruled by the momentum of the galaxy. Things become relevant. Physics is a crazy thing. Velocity and speed can be descibed differently. Think about this.

I have always been interested in space and time travel. The existance of different dimensions and time travel seems to be a question of speed, however I wander if it is possible to alter our conception of linear travel and contemplate travel without movement.
The Universe is in motion. What exists in this universe has motion and what seperates us is not distance but time. Objects can not occupy the same space at the same time hence the need for dimensional time. Example would be a UFO seeming to travel and exhibit strange trajectory as well as high speeds. Is it not possible that the UFO did not move at all but that it's position in respect to it's surroundings changed via induced antigravity methods.
Our Planet has motion so does our solar system if you can nullify and control the gravitational effects of their influence would you not have travel without movement. Theses are my thoughts and was wandering if I could request your consideration on this theroy?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It doesn't matter about the jokes.

What matters is that you lot who HAVE seen a genuine UFO know for a fact what you saw, and yet your authorities, you police, your MP, your government, everybody elses governments, even your bloody doctors, aren't interested. Most of the aforementioned are as ignorant as the jokers, but not all of them. The ones in the know are not filling us in on the details. WHY? They're not saying anything that could possible back up a witnesses claims. WHY?

I think we should be concerned.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join