It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOlogy a joke again?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
So what was the last big thing - the Norway Spiral? The US media not portraying UFO stories as a joke? I think I have still been visiting this forum for the 3 years since the Norway spiral...wait, 4 years? Christ...

What is your opinion on this? What has happened in the last two years that has been big? Personal sightings of any significance have slimmed out. Major stories have disappeared. We all know that as every year passes ghosts become less and less plausible... but aliens, UFOs? Why have they gone all quiet?

Did someone predict a quiet phase? Is there some speculation? I'd like to know. It's almost been too quiet. Your thoughts? Or is everything still massively go go go and interesting for you? I just...dunno :/ WTF has happened UFO phenomena :/ You've died

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

maybe no one cares about aliens anymore. But i still do, if they were to ask me "hey would you like to see your galaxy from light years away through space?" id be like sure why not...and pray that they dont do surgery on me.

You hear that aliens if your reading this NO crazy SURGERY on me unless its critical for the journeys through space.
edit on 7-6-2013 by Tlexlapoca because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It could be. We're completely wrapped up in islamic extremists and american rambo's at the moment. I just feel something has happened. Maybe it's a month too early to speculate...but the stories have been SO far and few in the last year or TWO...it almost feels "off"

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

or maybe we pissed them off, they saw the 1st season of Jersey Shore and realized that humanity had no chance for survival in the near future so why intervene...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

What is your opinion on this? What has happened in the last two years that has been big? Personal sightings of any significance have slimmed out. Major stories have disappeared. We all know that as every year passes ghosts become less and less plausible... but aliens, UFOs? Why have they gone all quiet?

Did someone predict a quiet phase? Is there some speculation? I'd like to know. It's almost been too quiet. Your thoughts? Or is everything still massively go go go and interesting for you? I just...dunno :/ WTF has happened UFO phenomena :/ You've died

Why do you believe ghosts are becoming less and less plausible?

As to MSM reporting UFOs...when have they ever taken a UFO sighting seriously? There's a stigma attached to ufology, like it or not. The MSM will ignore credible sightings simply because the general public might receive the news with ridicule....and that would impact ratings and $$$.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Maybe we should consider the Consequences.

I think Everyone knows that there is something out there. But, . .. .. . What do you think will happen when it is announced publicly by the government?

That is Food For Thought.

But on the other side of the coin . .. The Phenomenon is still alive and well. Have you seen Youtube lately?
There is something posted Almost everyday.
edit on 7-6-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Post a thread about aliens and see what happens! It's almost pointless. If its anything of significance the thread will be invaded by those OTHER people and it'll fill up with insults ridicule.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Just an idea, but maybe too many people are looking down, instead of up.

Think about it: iPhones, iPads, all sorts of electronic media that is portable. You take it with you everywhere, as you're not anchored down by a big desk top, or even a lap top anymore.

People are too busy looking at those things, and not too many of them are looking up anymore.

Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

There's a lot of frauds out there that crushed the serious aspect of UFO research. Made everyone look like loony toons and no one would take us seriously. All you can do is research and come to your own conclusions and hope you see something cool.

Originally posted by Tlexlapoca

or maybe we pissed them off, they saw the 1st season of Jersey Shore and realized that humanity had no chance for survival in the near future so why intervene...

EPIC comment! Starred that.

-SAP-
edit on 7-6-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Everyone has a tiny little video camera today. They have receded into the shadows so they don't upset the apple cart.

Isn't technology grand?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I personally believe, Marky, that our unparalleled access to information via--mostly--the internet, has made an impact in this sense: Whatever the phenomena is, it will forever be out of our intellectual reach unless the alleged intelligence behind the enigma chooses to be understood.

I guess what I'm saying is that no-one--including the government or the so-called "ufologists"--have any real concept of what the phenomena represents. And now that we have such broad access to the "evidence," we can easily see that no one has any undisputed insight into it's true nature. It remains the greatest enigma of all time.

So...yeah...ufology remains somewhat of a joke. I think the average poster on ATS has a better grasp of the topic than, say, a Stanton Friedman.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Post a thread about aliens and see what happens! It's almost pointless. If its anything of significance the thread will be invaded by those OTHER people and it'll fill up with insults ridicule.

Those OTHER people are just plain dumb and don't even know that they insult people. Im tired of their stupid points of view ruining threads. Why can't we have a good solid discussion about aliens without having to be constantly reminded that there really is no evidence? Don't they have a life?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The first thing you gotta understand is that the vast majority of reports are explainable to begin with.
Government estimates put it at like 5% of sightings were unexplained.

That hasn't changed.

What we are seeing is a combination of a few things. More coverage of explainable events, outright hoaxers, and charlatans.

That being said, there are still nuggets of intrigue. For instance...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The above is post Norway Spiral (Russian Rocket)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Maybe four years ago the Internet was an awesome place to talk about aliens.

What also happened in that time? Anonymous? Facebook? The economy dried up. Cyber laws were tightened and a new bunch of disinformation clowns showed up. Professional crackpots showed up and now every white dot gets its own YouTube video, and forgers blurred the lines between ufology for fringe science and UFO hype for the clicks. Our technology got to HAARP and quantum locking so now that out of reach UFO became military craft, and when that happens I don't want to get detailed with technology for concerns of the cyber eyes that need new bodies for their bigger prisons so they make up stupid new rules about what is national security taboo.

It's HAARP editing the impulses of people wanting to get curious about UFO stuff.

Oh yeah, 2012 hype is over. I guess my concerns are slowly surfacing that when the UFOs land a big fat politician will come out and run for office. Takes the mystery away.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
The first thing you gotta understand is that the vast majority of reports are explainable to begin with.
Government estimates put it at like 5% of sightings were unexplained.

That hasn't changed.

What we are seeing is a combination of a few things. More coverage of explainable events, outright hoaxers, and charlatans.

That being said, there are still nuggets of intrigue. For instance...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The above is post Norway Spiral (Russian Rocket)

You do make a good point. I have taken on a skeptical stance because the odds are in my favor! But I do always say that if there is something "real", we will probably miss it because its buried under a pile of garbage. Photos and videos are useless because they can be easily faked and the ones that aren't could be anything. Witness testimony is just as useless because the more I learn about misperceptions, false memory and hallucinations, it seems like any given sighting could be just one of those.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

I have stopped looking at it in terms of right and wrong. Mostly cuz we believers are usually wrong.

Lately I take approach as well though. But only cuz I want the truth.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

The approach I take is probability. Like you said, 95% are explainable, of the 5% left, are they unexplainable or have they just not been explained yet? So what kind of number can we put on that? This is where I get stuck. Those 5% could be anything and I don't think you can put a number on those that represent "aliens" since we don't have a sample that represents known aliens.

So it doesn't matter if these things are flying around, abducting us, mutilating cattle or creating an army of disturbing looking hybrid women. we can't catch them and so we cant finish our math problem. There's only 2 reasons we can't catch them.
1. They are way over our heads.
2. There is nothing to catch.

Real or not, the only thing we are left with is our imagination of what they might be like.

That's my personal thought process. Thanks for listening
edit on 8-6-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
OR maybe because our resources are being spent on war and not on peaceful exploration? Take for example the Hubble telescope that can view the distant part of our universe but not our own galaxy???

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I think ufology is as big a joke as people choose to make it and, let's face it, some are trying fairly hard! Whether on ATS or on other sites, someone, somewhere is banging their drum for the most unlikely explanations for UFO sightings. Cat women from Venus, evil doctors, space saviours and goofy pranksters - some folk seem to have all the answers. Others are in touch with a cast of space critters that makes their lives seem like a Star Trek series...bless 'em.

Others like the Exos and Greer keep selling the idea that 'find a happy place' and flashing torches can 'summon' UFOs like whistling your dog in off the yard at night. Sigh...

So have sightings diminished? I don't think they have, but the strangeness has easily gone right down - lights, lights, lights. Where have the alleged structured craft all gone? Where are the multiple witness police car chase cases? Humanoids? Where y'all at?! Every decade has had its own flavour of mystery and this one seems pretty tasteless so far.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Screw Greer! A man who supposedly wants to help the human race but charges LARGE sums of money to people who will never pay that amount?
Its called self responsibility and to people who understand that you don't need aliens to help planet earth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join