It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
If you dont know this then you are rather " naive" and uninformed.

See that cat in the background looking at the paranoid kitty in the foreground.

I am the cat in the background.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Try to refrain from labelling these people before you know all the facts..

"The worst thing to call somebody is crazy, its dismissive, I don't understand this person so theyre crazy. that's BS. people are not crazy they are strong people, maybe their environment is a little sick"

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

Or maybe she was in total shock? Who the hell knows, but a lot of judgemental people on here diagnosing the woman's response from the safety of their keyboards having never witnessed anything so gruesome in their lives.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

You seem to assume that she knew exactly what had gone down. Calling her a sociopath or mentally challenged is going a bit far.

Looks like all she wants to do is get home from her shopping, for all she knew she was just walking past a scene of a car accident.

Would you be more happy if she stood in the crowd gawping, filming or taking photographs?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The issue of how people were responding is interesting

Trolley lady may just have been in her own " little world" as many people can be even during an emergency.

The 3 white women who confronted the murderer calmly were clearly trying to talk him out of hurting anyone else.

The black lady infront of him in the video, didnt feel he personally was a threat to him. She quickly understood what was happening.

edit on 23-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatzshaken
everyday, why dehumanize other people for what they believe in? As soon as it was mentioned he was Muslim or possibly, look what happened.

My heart goes out to his family, but the entity he works for, the gov't kills MILLIONS daily in a far more brutal fashion.

Excuse me?

Because a man died in a horrific way and i feel strongly about it - all of a sudden i am dehumanizing others?

If i can speak up about the atrocities in Palestine i sure as hell can speak up about a fallen soldier from London without people like you trying to 'put it all in perspective'.

So, show some respect or GTFO.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Just find it fascinating that this woman confronts a black man with a knife whos just hacked someones head off. She has to be one of the bravest women. I think she went to " talk him out of" any more behaviours.

I think there were also another two women who did this.

From what I understand, she didn't realise a first what had happened, like a lot of other people she saw the car and the man in the road and just assumed there had been a car accident, and got out of the bus to help...

It seems that's when she realized that this was more sinister than just a car accident, and she realized there was a school right there and kids about to walk out into this scene. Naturally, once there and talking to him, she decided to keep him there to distract him.

I saw the images of the other two women too, actually attempting to see to the man on the ground. Obviously he was already deceased, but they at least wanted to act.

I think there's a lot of ignorance being spouted by people making stupid judgments of the actions of those there. No one realized what was happening until it was too late, this is reasonable in our society. If we were used to seeing this kind of attack then people would have been prepared to be suspicious immediately. We are NOT used to this kind of thing.

There is nothing to say that people are "desensitized" to this, it's just such a bizarre thing to have happen right there in the street that your brain would refuse to acknowledge it. The woman who was walking past with her little shopping trolley probably had no idea what had happened. She might have seen someone on the road, a car crashed, and people there attending to him... why would she even THINK there is a man in front of her with meat cleavers and covered in blood?!

People are being very unreasonable and looking at this with hindsight. If this was happening in a street you were walking through you would probably be exactly the same and your brain would not piece all of that together to create the truth of the situation.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Trolley lady may just have been in her own " little world" as many people can be even during an emergency.

Or she didn't feel threatened. I draw my own conclusions as to why this might be.

The 3 white women who confronted the murderer calmly were clearly trying to talk him out of hurting anyone else.

That's quite the assumption. That they intended on hurting more people than their target. The evidence would suggest otherwise.

The black lady infront of him in the video, didnt feel he personally was a threat to him. She quickly understood what was happening.

I think she was well aware what was happening. Brave? Perhaps. Or perhaps she also did not feel threatened. Again I think this is the more likely explanation.

edit on 23-5-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Yes, see she was handling things. I understand that she was distracting him but a very brave move on her part.

Many wouldnt..

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by threewisemonkeys

Yeah, it seems people were ready for this which is kinda interesting .. like it shows people know whats happening.

The fact that he targetted the " soldier" specifically . Maybe this made them feel safer... to confront him. But the bottom line is she did a very couragous and good thing. Perhaps saving lives.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

A lot of people here are ignoring the natural Human instinct to refuse to accept the reality of a situation that doesn't make sense.

Seeing this happen on a street in London is so bizarre that people would not immediately understand what is happening. Obviously that woman is walking through the scene, how the hell is she supposed to know what all those people just witnessed and are still trying to work out for themselves?

We have some very strange people on ATS, and they will make some very odd accusations. I'm fully expecting to see people here claiming these are all actors for one strange cause or another. They never make sense, and although we should be open to strange ideas there are certain things an intelligent person should not even entertain in my opinion.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

These 60+ pages have no real meaning and change nothing.

I have plenty of respect. My brother was killed in afghan 2009 Cpl Nick Bulger Canadian 3rd batllion Princess Patrica.
Note, he was security for the brigade general in charge of the troops, so I know

I have respect thank you. However if you read any of the 60 pages, the topics that are being discussed is how these muslims are terrorist. well according to these muslims, govt and soliders are terrorist. Its called perspective. one man freedom fighter is another's terrorist. You are entitled to your opinion and emotions.

Is it sad he had to die yes, but his story is like many world wide. Focusing on the emotional aspect such as this mans family and death, distracts you from the topic at hand.

Why did he have to be killed in the first place because of the people he works for ie the gov't
edit on 23-5-2013 by whatzshaken because: spelling

edit on 23-5-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Im very proud to be British today lol well anyways, what I mean is British people are " on it" even our women are quick thinkers. We are a good nation. Very smart in these situations.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The reaction I havent worked out is the one who was directly infront of him - the murderer. I mean she has her back to him, this wouldnt be a situation id like to be in! But I think she is ... fully understanding what happened.

Which makes me think brits are ready for this sort of thing accuring.

No one was thinking he was a mad man on the prowl, they knew this was strictly a political response.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

The elephant in the room.

This was a racially motivated attack first and foremost. I think what the man was wearing was the straw that broke the camels back. "Walking Arrogance" is the best way I can put it, from their perspective. This is why very few others looked fearful, and just went about their business. They seen the target, the colour of his skin and his apparel, and they immediately seen the context of the attack. There was no reason for them to feel threatened, simply because it was clear that they were not a target.

I would surmise that deep down, many of them might even have cheered a little inside.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I totally agree with that.

Also that woman with the trolley would have been me. I always walk along in my own little world, I unintentionally ignore people also, gets me into to trouble with friends when they wave or say hello and i dont see them. Oblivious.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by threewisemonkeys

It wasnt racial. If that soldier was black I think he would have continued.

It was a political maniac response. It was terrorism.

It was NOT racially motivated. You are dreaming now...

Had it been racial he would have said " I hate white people so I am killing them".
edit on 23-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
People do respond in different ways in out of the ordinary situations.
Some folks who witnessed the attack thought they were seeing two men give CPR to an injured man,but were actually seeing the attack.

Big respect to the lady who,I believe was Scandinavian,not British,who talked to the attacker.
She said she wasn't even scared-that was her own form of shock IMO.

In any horrid event,peoples mind can play tricks,or make you behave in a strange manner.
I remember an interview with someone who witnessed the horror of seeing people jump from the twin towers and land at their feet-They did not see mangled humans,but broken up cows landing in front of them.

The brain does powerful things to protect itself sometimes.

edit on 23/5/2013 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha

I totally agree with that.

Also that woman with the trolley would have been me. I always walk along in my own little world, I unintentionally ignore people also, gets me into to trouble with friends when they wave or say hello and i dont see them. Oblivious.

Yes, when I think of what my reaction would have been if I had walked into that scene, I would have reasonably assumed that someone had been hit by a car and killed, and they were waiting for an ambulance to arrive. I consider myself to be a pretty intelligent guy, but even I understand that my brain is going to make the most plausible conclusions first, and the idea that the man had just been hit by a car, then attacked by the occupants, and killed by the two men who were still there and covered in blood with knives in their hands...?! That would take a lot of mental processing to get to.
edit on 23-5-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join