It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Xbox One

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Only the new PS3 were like that, if you bought it within the first year. they had backwards compatibility.

Unlike MS, Sony has 10yr guarantee, where they will make games for 10yrs since the first day of the console. PS2 made games for 11-12 yrs. PS3 will make until 2016.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

the 60GB models in the UK
they were discontinued within months and their motherboard cut down to save money
the chip which allowed PS2 games were removed

to add a majority of 60GB models broke down within months aswell and replaced with 40GB models
edit on 22-5-2013 by bodrul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
To tell the truth I am not all that disappointing that there is no great leap in the console department, the power has been upped. Which for me is more then enough, with the current models of graphic power you can still go farther, but on average things are pretty much as good as they are going to get. The thing that gets me is that, for most games the development stages can last anywhere from 1 year to over 5 years, which is longer then some consoles lifespans. I know there were supposed to be a bunch of games for the PS3 which never made it due to the fact that it would just take to long to make the game, by the time they figured everything out well the PS4 would come out.
It is the same back in the ps2 days, some games never made it out, so they just scraped the whole thing or remade it for the newest consoles. Lots of them however were just scraped because in the changing console climate were the lifespan is 5 to 7 years and were for some of them it would take that long to develop it, well the math did never add up, and so they were scraped or put in the, maybe next generation of consoles bin.

The X-box 1 and the PS4 seem to be on par at least in the amount of power they can crank out, this will at least give game makers time to implement the things they wanted to but never did not only because they never had the raw power, or had to deal with different operating systems for each console which took time, or just because they just did not have the time. I mean think about it, unless your just making the latest madden game, then it does take some time to really make a great game, no copy and paste like so many games coming out seem to do, a lot of them just seem to be a 1.1 upgrade version, and next year you get the new 1.2 version. There were a bunch of games which were supposed to come out for the PS3 and 360 which never made it, some of them were literally from back when the systems came out, and even though I cant off the top of my head remember them, they were pretty ambitious in scope, hopefully we will see them out on the PS4 or the X-box 1 now that things will be steady and they not only have had the time, but the power and know how to implement them.

The whole kinetic thing required to even use the new x-box 1 I personally really do not care, its a cool feature. But ya the thing is kind of scary as it will be able to read your every move and know what you want and what your going to do even before you do it, # all it needs is a infra red sensor and it can pick up your body heat and tell when your getting anxious or worried from reading your body heat levels as well as reading your facial features and postures, it will know more about you then you will know about yourself. People on this site are worried about the government spying on them. Well who needs it when you will have a kinetic in every household, a vast machine global network were slowly machines are replacing man as the main arbiter of this world.

The lock on games however is what does it for me, I know there doing it to milk as much a$$ they can. And I mean, I like most people probably just buy a game and play that, but once in a while you do go over to a buddy house and play the game or borrow a game from my local renting place or friend to play. If you can not even do that anymore ... Then. I think I will stick with the console wont be so restrictive, you know there going to start charging for pretty much every little thing much more now that they will be able to do that. And considering that most games now a days what with the constant updates and new map packs and add ons and whatever, it just feels like your buying half a game, or a completely unfinished product, in truth there milking that for all its worth, this will just add more of the same to what is supposed to be a simple gaming experience. The fact that its going for the whole household entertainment replacing everything but the TV as a one in all entertainment experience as well as a gaming machine, is cool and all but if there is going to be a lock on games, expect the same on everything else.

edit on 22-5-2013 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
AngryJoe sumed it up prety good.

His website is angryjoeshow.com...

And there's more news here
kotaku.com...

To me,Microsoft has failed.
And goodbye GameStop stores,as they will become obselete.

Im thinking Sony has pulled ahead in this eras console war.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by bodrul

Only the new PS3 were like that, if you bought it within the first year. they had backwards compatibility.

Unlike MS, Sony has 10yr guarantee, where they will make games for 10yrs since the first day of the console. PS2 made games for 11-12 yrs. PS3 will make until 2016.

MS only has to make them for the 360 until 2015 to meet a 10 year life cycle, though. Considering the embedment rate of 360s and the current economy, I would expect MS to be hammering out games for the 360 for at least the first 2 years of their next console's life.

I have no dog in this fight. I own a 360 and I own a PS3. I prefer the 360 controller and, for the most part, I find 360 titles look slightly better than the same on PS3. I play more games on my 360, but aside from God of War and Little Big Planet, I use my PS3 far more as a Blu Ray player than I do as a gaming device.

I have, however, taken it in the pants from Microsoft over the years thanks to the 360. I've been through 3 RRODs and a dead disk drive, having owned the console since midnight the day of launch. The first console lasted me 2 and a half years and died due to an overheated room rather than through any real hardware issues. The refurb I was sent died less than 6 months later, followed by a replacement part to that refurb (I got the same serial numbered unit back). Shortly after that the disk drive took a crap and I decided to go out and buy a brand new one with the 160 GB HDD and all the gingerbread. That one has served me well ever since, but I refuse to play that half assed workmanship game with MS during the next console generation.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

the 60GB models in the UK
they were discontinued within months and their motherboard cut down to save money
the chip which allowed PS2 games were removed

to add a majority of 60GB models broke down within months aswell and replaced with 40GB models
edit on 22-5-2013 by bodrul because: (no reason given)

I have a 60GB from launch, well its been 320GB since a few months after launch by the way TOTAL BS about breakdowns RROD mean anything to you
also have 2 others a 120GB hooked up to one of my Samsung 3D TV'S and a 160GB slim that's hooked up to my AV amp and HD DLP projector to view on my 90+ inch screen along with 800 watts of surround sound now that's the way to play games/watch movies

We also have a 360 as well would I buy the XBOX one 50-50 on that will I get a PS4 100% sure on that.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

My 60GB model broke within Months
(2 other friends shared the same fate)
also I didn't say all models now did i lol
My 360 Xbox Launch Model was repaired 3 times
forth time i threw it down the stairs

I know what i am talking about

Edit: to ask are you questioning that Sony discontinued the 60GB backward compatible version to cut back on costs?
edit on 23-5-2013 by bodrul because: edit

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

My 60GB lasted 3 yrs, and i got extended warranty(4yrs).. when i gave them and demanded another 60GB, they said they pulled back all console, so i got the new skinny, no touch sensitive button one(250gb i think).. still have it.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

your lucky lol
I am waiting for statement from MS to clarify some stuff,
dont know if they will or not lol

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Here ya go,the short short version...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by wmd_2008

My 60GB model broke within Months
(2 other friends shared the same fate)
also I didn't say all models now did i lol
My 360 Xbox Launch Model was repaired 3 times
forth time i threw it down the stairs

I know what i am talking about

Edit: to ask are you questioning that Sony discontinued the 60GB backward compatible version to cut back on costs?
edit on 23-5-2013 by bodrul because: edit

3 members of my family all with launch PS3'S used daily all still running fine.

As with the Game Informer study, SquareTrade found that the Xbox 360's failure rate was far higher than its rivals. Some 23.7 percent of those surveyed failed within two years of purchase.
By contrast, the study found 10 percent of PlayStation 3s surveyed failed within two years of purchase,

This makes interesting reading

Look at 360 failure rate for 2009

www.nofussreviews.com...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

TV, TV, TV, TV,TV, TV, TV, TV,TV, TV, TV, TV, Television, TV, TV, TV, TV, XboxOne is a water cooler, TV, TV, TV, TV, Sports, Sports, Sports, Sports, Sports, TV, TV, TV, TV, Movies, Movies, Television, Remote Control, Call of Duty, Call of Duty, Call of Duty, Call of Duty, Call of Duty, Call of Duty, Call of Duty, Call of Dooty, Call of Dooty, XboxOne Goodbye!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Oh I got a original x-box 360 at launch, it lasted a little over a year before it broke. So I could not send it in to get it fixed as the time had run out, the rrod. I ended up fixing it myself, that lasted for months till it broke again, something to do with the disc drive, so I fixed it again, and that lasted months before it broke again, something to do with the laser which I think I just got one from a friend and replaced it. It broke like 2 more times over the years, once it was just because the disc drive was so cheep that the disk would not grab right and spin it. The last time it broke I got a completely black screen and some error message. And that was that.

I bought a new one some months ago, unfortunately I was not playing it that much so I let my little brother borrow it. Only to find out a month later when I wanted it back that he sold it for drug money...Which pissed me off, and I kind of seen it coming, the dude got's issues hes working through. So I let it slide.

Since then I have been saving my money for the new consoles, and its come down to the PS4 or the x-box 1. Right now I am leaning toward the PS4 but that could change as more info comes out on everything, the x-box 1 is really not a bad machine. The lock on games will do it for many people, but the majority would not care all that much. So ya the machine will sell no matter what people think or want. Personally since it's still some time till they come out, I will wait till E3 or after to really dig into the specs and everything before going with one or the other.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

The dude seems really pissed and angry about something...

Second.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Up until about a year ago, I literally bought 4 360's, as each of mine broke in various fashion.

Well, I actually had 5, but MS held to their warranty on the first one (RRoD). The others? Nope. Broke just after warranty ran out.

My wife called shenanigans after the last one, and did not let me get another. She said that there is obviously a pattern here.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Well looks like PS4 is taking the lead for this generation as I predicted it would...... That whole conference was a disappointment... I buy consoles to play GAMES not to sit on it and pretend it's a tablet and have it watch my every move and record everything I do..... It's about time M$ got knocked off their high horse!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Actually, PS4 in lead with me as well, but its shtty that but companies are trying for "media" console, rather than a frkin video game console.

Its frustrating, what i know for sure is, i will wait longer(compared to mid night buy, i might wait 6 months)) to buy these 8th gen systems.

And i love the way they are trapping young kids to bother their parents to buy the system by saying CoD games, and other crap.

20 yrs ago, it was entertainment for the cost, now they know new gamers are bunch of retarded, and they know most teenagers will bother their parents for the system, due to eye candy and mainly peer pressure.

Its just a pure money making industry... just release one game and copy paste that game with slight variation and voila, sales sky rocket.

wtf do they think we are? sadly their main target is teenagers with parents credit card. Welcome to watering down of the console and #ty game where you can beat in 1 sitting generation

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
uk.gamespot.com...

WHO'S WINNING

#GAMESPOTPS4 88%
#GAMESPOTXBOX 12%

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Shimri

I will Judge Microsoft Xbox one after Playstation 4 details are launched
wont go in without the facts

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Shimri

Whats the total votes?

This computer won't let me visit game sites.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join