It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Xbox One

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by Shimri

I will Judge Microsoft Xbox one after Playstation 4 details are launched
wont go in without the facts

For some odd reason, PS4 will still have sucky option but will be marginally be better.

Maybe XBOX will do major overhaul? idk.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by Shimri

I will Judge Microsoft Xbox one after Playstation 4 details are launched
wont go in without the facts

For some odd reason, PS4 will still have sucky option but will be marginally be better.

Maybe XBOX will do major overhaul? idk.

So Far Microsoft have kept their mouths # and given little detail or sketchy answers

shot them this email, didn't get the response i wanted,
www.gamingrev.com...

Playstion 4 will be more powerful in terms of hardware and Sony I hope will learn from their mistakes from their original release.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by Shimri

Whats the total votes?

This computer won't let me visit game sites.

Last I saw (do not remember link, sorry) Gamespot said it was ~85,000 votes

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I guess people are ok with a camera & microphone listening & watching everything they do, even though the government has been trying to force corporations to give up user information and allow back doors for them to spy on people. It looks like you won't be safe from big brother or some creepy little punk in a corporate office watching everything you do in your room even with your video games. It reminds me of some scenes in the movie 1984. This in itself is reason enough for me not to get the Xbox One. At this point, I would rather just raise some money to get a high end PC. The cross platform games will end up being better in another six years or so anyway like always. The PC will always end up one upping the console market in the end.

Beyond this, I remember when every analyst heavily favored the PS3 in terms of its hardware, ram and processing power. According to the industry in general and a lot of no nothing gamers, the PS3 was going to wipe the floor with the Xbox 360 because it was supposedly so much more powerful in some aspects. Well, six years later and we see that all that hype just turned out to be absolute hogwash. Just like last time, people are already throwing up a bunch of specifications that seemingly proves the PS4 as the undisputed powerhouse of the next generation of consoles. I don't buy into it just like I really didn't last time. If any of that rubbish meant anything than you would think that Battlefield 3 would have turned out at least a little better on the PS3 than it did on the Xbox 360. When it comes down to it, the games will turn out exactly the same for both consoles, guaranteed, not to mention much better on the PC in a few years. I'm sure that Microsoft, the leading company for software design knows what its doing when it comes to designing consoles by now. Time always tells the truth.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The retailer can then sell the pre-owned game at whatever price they like, although as part of the system the publisher of the title in question will automatically receive a percentage cut of the sale. As will Microsoft. The retailer will pocket the rest.

Unconfirmed reports on ConsoleDeals.co.uk suggest that retail’s slice will be as little as ten per cent. That’s a significant cut from what it has become accustomed to from pre-owned sales and more in line with what they would receive from the sale of a new game – hence, the value of the pre-owned market to the retailer is effectively destroyed.

These same unconfirmed reports also suggest that the activation cost for consumers buying or borrowing pre-owned software will be £35.

Source

For Americans, £35 = $54

God, I hate MS right now.
edit on 25-5-2013 by Shimri because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
latest article

www.gamingrev.com...

Have Microsoft Shot themselves in the Foot?

It’s been a few days now since Microsoft Revealed their new Console wrapped with so much hype and rumours.

Sad part around the hype and rumours is that most the rumours turned out to be true and as soon as the VP of Microsoft came on stage and announced the console Microsoft Shares took a dive and slowly started to recover a bit and stay steady while Sony executives may of had a field day as their Share prices rocketed at the announcements that were made by Microsoft.

Lets break this up

DRM

A few days ago EA announced it would be dropping its Online Pass Scheme as their player base didn’t like it, it seems Microsoft are going one step back and introducing a system which companies have dropped over the years as they have learnt the hard lesson in losing to competitors who provide a more open service, an example of this is ITunes as it was DRM controlled until it went DRM free and offered to stop charging more for its DRM content.

Now Sony Have publically stated they would not have DRM on their games as they understand the concept that not all internet access is the same and not all people will have reliable connection to the internet, so the notion of always having to be connected to the internet was flawed and it’s something they would not be introducing to their console for DRM purposes.

now with DRM Microsoft plan to restrict the movement and sales of games where each game you purchase is locked to your player account meaning you will have to physically log into the console to play the game, so to play at a friend’s, cousins house or even different console in your own home
you will need to log in each time.

This will mean a household will have to buy multiple copy of games if you have more than one console instead of being able to share the same games.

Now Microsoft have pointed out its stop Piracy as well as being able to get revenue from the used game market where the game store can mark up as much as they want but will only get 10% of the profits, rest is for Microsoft and publisher.

In Short

Xbox One

* DRM locked games, you can sell it but you lose the content rights and must repurchase pass to play if you go out and re-buy a used copy.
*Locked to one account but can be played by multiple users on same console
*Must log into any console you want to play the game, means you cannot share games with friends or family

so basically Microsoft have Restricted the content on their console and have taken full control over how you can share and play your games after purchase.

Sony Playstation
*Can play Games on any console
*Don’t need to sign in to access Game
*You don’t need an Internet connection to play your games or to verify your games

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
After the reveal of the xbox one and the things they are BADLY screwing people over with im surprised alot of people are still going to buy it?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

that tells me all I need to know about microsoft. I love my 360 but I am going PS4

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The best way to shame Xbox in public without saying a word is making a nice little
logo replacing the X's with swastikas. The should encourage Xbox one owners to get
tattoos so the kinect system can recognize them when they log in.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAPT PROTON
The best way to shame Xbox in public without saying a word is making a nice little
logo replacing the X's with swastikas. The should encourage Xbox one owners to get

Actually, Microsoft recently stated that you can now turn the Kinect off, addressing the privacy issues. You no longer need it to play a video game, so this is a different plus as this was the main reason why I wasn't getting it..

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackManINC

Actually, Microsoft recently stated that you can now turn the Kinect off, addressing the privacy issues. You no longer need it to play a video game, so this is a different plus as this was the main reason why I wasn't getting it..

you c an turn the camera off but not the mic as I don't think there are power buttons on the Xbone, so to turn it on you would need the kinect microphone on at all times.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandman441

you c an turn the camera off but not the mic as I don't think there are power buttons on the Xbone, so to turn it on you would need the kinect microphone on at all times.

Wait, so they can still listen to everything ever said in your gaming room? I find this to be quite suspicious that you can't turn both off.
edit on 19-6-2013 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

only thing that i find a complete piss take is that they are going to be locking new games to each player account (this has now been confirmed)

More than a "piss take", it's a deal-breaker. So, you mean if I go out and buy one of their $60 games, and have the game in my house, yet have 3 people (3 accounts) playing it in my house, I have to pay for it 3 times?

Or 9 times?, as I have 3 consoles, and sometimes I play in the living room, sometimes the den, or sometimes my stepson plays in his room.

Yeah, they know where they can go with that.... I'll keep playing my regular old 360 thank you very much...

edit on 19-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackManINC

Wait, so they can still listen to everything ever said in your gaming room? I find this to be quite suspicious that you can't turn both off.

Sure you can...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

If only it were that simple. I saw a blurb from E3 about touted "features" associated with some of the Kinect games that was pretty much the stuff of CT nightmares. For example, they spoke of a fitness game which will be able to read the heartrates of up to 6 people simultaneously, distinguishing them from each other. There was also a mention of a thermal capability to read your body temperature. Those two "features" indicate that there's a lot more than just an optical feed on the camera... Duct tape isn't going to block thermal imaging and it isn't going to mute vibration reading capabilities.

What's more, they seem to have equipped this with the same level of software Homeland Security uses on their facial reader cameras to predict crime and detect nervousness. They spoke of the system's ability to analyze the faces of those on camera and detect, from facial expressions and heart rate, boredom, excitement, and even fear.

I'll probably buy one, but I'll be unplugging the whole unit immediately after stopping the gameplaying and I will work towards engineering some manner of soundproof, IR proof, shielded box to house the Kinect in during gameplay as well. If I have to have the Kinect on and need it to facially scan me when signing in, I'll just purchase a mask from Spirit Halloween and keep it on until I am signed in and the Kinect has been moved back into it's sensory depravation chamber.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

If I have to have the Kinect on and need it to facially scan me when signing in, I'll just purchase a mask from Spirit Halloween and keep it on until I am signed in and the Kinect has been moved back into it's sensory depravation chamber.

I recommend this one...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandman441

edit on 19-6-2013 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

no, because I do not believe there is a dedicated on/off button on the xbox one so the microphone would have to be on to turn your xbox one on. I looked at the picture of the xbox one and did not see any buttons at all.

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by bodrul

only thing that i find a complete piss take is that they are going to be locking new games to each player account (this has now been confirmed)

More than a "piss take", it's a deal-breaker. So, you mean if I go out and buy one of their $60 games, and have the game in my house, yet have 3 people (3 accounts) playing it in my house, I have to pay for it 3 times?

Or 9 times?, as I have 3 consoles, and sometimes I play in the living room, sometimes the den, or sometimes my stepson plays in his room.

Yeah, they know where they can go with that.... I'll keep playing my regular old 360 thank you very much...

edit on 19-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

It's not that way now, If Microsoft did not reverse the DRM stuff that is how they wanted it, but since they got rid of DRM you can share games like you do now.. Basically The Xbox one is like the 360 just a little bit more powerful and it has a kinect that much be hooked up at all times.

I'm more worried that they had to downclock the GPU and their ram is not as fast as on the PS4. So you are basically paying $100 more for a lesser machine.

edit on 27-6-2013 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
We've been using our xbox one a few weeks now and LOVE it. Everything is so streamlined. Can't wait for Destiny.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Amazon to buy Xbox one. Something unnerves me about this purchase. Why Amazon? Why not Sega, or even Nintendo? Why not Apple?

The Xbox brand being sold to Amazon is definitely surprising. What would Amazon be able to do with it? Why would they purchase it if they are more of a warehouse/distribution company? They can run a website, but the cost of Xbox One servers alone would run Amazon under. And with the Comcast and Time Warner issues over "bandwidth limitations..." it causes me a concern for gamers in general. Any one have any extra info that they can spare for this new rumor?

Source: MS Xbox Division to be purchased by Amazon

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join