It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Obama consider resignation?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

2016 Elizabeth Warren and Alan Grayson for pres and v-pres any combination
These two hasn't been bought out yet.

Some Lib's view on Obama's civil liberties record.
edit on 17-5-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Silly thread, Nixon was a time where the president made decisions, now is a time where the president just announces what the gov decides!

What would be the point in resigning, the next one will just sign what hes told to just like Obama is doing.

SSDD?

more like SSDP same # different president

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Before too many people jump on this bandwagon, realize that would mean President Joe Biden.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leonidas
Before too many people jump on this bandwagon, realize that would mean President Joe Biden.

I like uncle Joe he could turn out to be be more effective than Obama and I think he is more of a progressive..

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I think that maybe Barrack Obama is not acting alone. Maybe he's following the orders from a higher level. Otherwise, nothing makes sense.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
You are not serious right?

I thought wise veteran members on ATS understood that the president doesn't run the country, nor do the partisan puppets we see that pass laws and legislation into being.

The problem lies much deeper and blaming one man is a "Red Herring" imo.

As a society we need to resign the sickness that is plaguing our country, or better yet our world, but first people need to have the awareness.

Originally posted by sonnny1

Should Obama consider resignation?

Thoughts ATS?

edit on 17-5-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Maybe they (NWO) need somebody they can trust. If Obama resigns, it will be a sure indicator to a very bad time unfolding.

President does not come into being on his own. He is 'elected' directly by people and this election costs huge amount of money. This money does not come out of thin air. People who give money have a vested interest in the person that got elected. The President at least represents the policies or interests of people who are key to his election.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
And who will you get in his place?

It will be another puppet who will do exactly the same crap.

Presindents are just a mouth piece to there partys and all partys are just diffrent sides of the same coin.

Roll on the next president and Im sure everyone will be crying about how corrupt and evil they are.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
reply to post by neo96

Obama's problem is that he is "external" to the 'system'.

US has built this hopeless bureaucracy where left hand does not know what right hand is doing.

My take - the very people who are jumping at the prospect of Obama going away, will be the ones crying once the reality of dictatorship sinks in.

I pray people see the reason and wish for good things.

I am hoping for a long drawn out impeachment process of multiple people in the Obama administration so that his presidency becomes as lame duck as possible. He doesn't play enough golf or take enough leisure time off in my opinion.

The more distracted the government is the less time they can spend plotting evil deeds in the middle east.

The democrats have been taken over by neoliberals and the republicans have been taken over by neoconservatives. Hardely anyone knows this or they forgot. Ron Paul and his son are the only hope for republicans and dennis kucinich is the only hope for democrats.

The two main parties have become extremely corrupt and need to be cleansed. It won't happen overnight either!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by grandmakdw
The media does seem to be overlooking one tiny fact:
O is open to military court martial for dereliction of duty. He went to bed and told others to handle it when his people were under fire and only he could give the order to save them, the people "handling it" did not have the power even if he told them to handle it, only he could do it, but he went to bed. He abandoned his post as commander in chief of the armed forces and intentionally went to bed knowing only he had the power to save the people under attack.

This is one problem O is quite directly responsible for.

The POTUS is not subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice. While he is the Commander in Chief of the Military he is a civilian and if anything a Federal Employee. The Chief of the Executive Branch of Government.

Day to day the US Military is lead and organized by people subject the UCMJ but the civilian Secretaries DoD, Army, Navy, etc. are not subject to it. It is the separation of powers designed to prevent a military coup in America by allowing military leaders to prefer charges against and arrest the civilian leaders.

You can find out who is subject to the UCMJ here in Article 2 of the UCMJ. Persons subject to this chapter...

If anything he could be charged with failing to execute his Oath of Office as an Elected Official but I doubt even that.

He is not even really subject to US Law while he is a sitting President of the US as he cannot be arrested or charged with any offenses by any law enforcement organization other than the Chief LEO of the US Senate.

The Sergeant At Arms is the only person who can arrest the POTUS at the request of the Senate based on guilty Impeachment findings I would presume.

As the Senate's chief law enforcement officer, the SAA supervises the Senate wing of the Capitol, maintaining security in the Capitol and in all the Senate buildings, and controlling access to the Senate Chamber and galleries through a team of doorkeepers. The SAA also protects the senators and can arrest and detain any person violating Senate rules. On the orders of the Senate, the SAA is the only person who can arrest the president of the United States. Additionally, the SAA can compel senators to come to the Senate Chamber to establish a quorum.

As a member of the Capitol Police Board, the SAA also helps to oversee the operations of the United States Capitol Police. Alternating with the House sergeant at arms, the Senate SAA serves as chairman of the Capitol Police Board every other year.

www.senate.gov...

It would be nice if the CinC was subject to the UCMJ but that is simply not the case. Sorry.

The UCMJ is confusing, after more than 20 years of service I still am no expert of course. I assume it is even more confusing to civilians.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spider879

Originally posted by neo96

Should Bush consider handing himself in to be tried for crimes against humanity

GWB!

The longest serving scapegoat whoops I meant president in US history!

Golf clap!.

He Lied!! thousands DIED!! his Veep's company is still reaping billions in profits while GWB is oil painting self portrait in the shower or his doggie Mission Accomplished if no one is willing to lock those guys up then it's all just partisan B/S or worst...don"t let me saay IT!!!...

And where was the democrat outrage about the events of 9-11-2001 that ultimately lead to the invasion of afghanistan and iraq within one year? Did they not care about the truth or were they in on the secret from the beginning?

There was no opposition from them then just like there is no opposition from the republicans now. I mean meaningful opposition, not picking small scandals and running with that. The people above government pick what is acceptable collateral damage.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, every president from Nixon on (and likely earlier given Gulf of Tonkin and other issues,) including Obama should face much more stringent scrutiny and consequences than they ever have.

Nixon (Watergate, etc.)
Ford (Pardoned Nixon.)
Carter (Began the covert support and funding of anti-Soviet mujahedeen in Afghanistan which, as we know, had far reaching consequences, etc.)
Reagan (Iran-Contra, great expansion of support and funding of mujahedeen in Afghanistan, HUD grant scandal, etc.)
Bush I (Pardoned Iran-Contra conspirators including Caspar Weinberger, etc.)
Clinton (Whitewater scandal, signed some of the executive orders that laid the groundwork for much of what his successor would do, etc.)
Bush II (Domestic surveillance, arguable intelligence cooking, Iraq, Guantanamo, torture, etc.)
Obama (Benghazi, drone policy, continued many of Bush II's aforementioned policies, IRS targeting based upon political speech, etc. etc.)

That's nowhere near a comprehensive list. That's just off the top of my head.

There has not been an administration in my life time or for some time before that has not engaged in such activities and improprieties, or presided over them, in my opinion. As far as I can see, the system has long since abandoned any semblance of honest representation and integrity, and virtually requires its leaders to be capable of deceit and conspiracy before it will even allow them to rise to prominence in the first place. Resignation or impeachment should at least be arguable for everyone or nearly everyone listed here in my view, but I'm not holding my breath.

Peace.
edit on 5/17/2013 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/17/2013 by AceWombat04 because: Typos, typos, gallore

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
reply to post by Biigs

money does not come out of thin air

Obviously you are unaware of our monetary and "coining" systems. Our money does in fact come out of thin air, as it doesn't even need to physically exist to exist. In current denominations and printing capabilities it would take 137 years to print our money supply currently in "circulation".

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Yep...This is the bottom line...

The GOP has only won the popular vote in a Presidential election once in the past 25 years.

They spent a couple of months after thier most recent loss debating among themselves how to fix that problem...and they ended in a divided stalemate between GOP extremists and Moderates.

So instead of focusing on creating a platform that addresses why the public doesn't like them...Minorities, women, the non-wealthy etc. etc.

They are leaping from one manufactured scandal to the next...distractions from substance...and political BS that both the extremnists and moderates of the GOP can unite behind.

The strategic error, aside from severe lack of veracity in the continually disproven BS, is that the public gets a little exhausted of BS and Presidential elections (2016) swing back to substance and policy...and the GOP has no idea how to get thier act together on that front. Just a desperate hop from one half-truth scandal to the next...and largely aimed at a man who doesn't have to run again.

AN injured animal will lash out at anyone...it doesn't have to make sense..I'd prefer to see the GOP get thier sh*& together for 2016, but apparently they have abandoned that strategy in favor of trying to manufacture scandal after scandal...distraction..and once again mistakenly assuming that the majority of Americans are too stupid to objectively examine facts.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The one's who might follow are scarier, in terms of sheer unadulterated stupid, than any scandal. Almost...

Resign? Even if he should've, he won't. It'll take a lot more than this to make him resign.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
if he doesn't, i expect the decision to end his presidency will be made for him, by an assassin.
edit on 17/5/13 by RoScoLaz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
if he doesn't, i expect the decision to end his presidency will be made for him, by an assassin.
edit on 17/5/13 by RoScoLaz because: (no reason given)

Really?

REALLY?

You think these scandals.. and let's be honest here, these scandals that Obama is accused of are minor compared to the -actual- scandals that preceding presidents have openly admitted to taking part in... and you think these scandals will incite an ASSASSINATION if he doesn't resign?

Why might you think that?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

it's the way of things. i see it coming.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

it's the way of things. i see it coming.

Oh I see. You're a prophet.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Is the OP serious?

The real question should be: should the American people consider impeachment.

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join