It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Obama consider resignation?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
reply to post by sonnny1

@OP,

You wrote:

"Not since Richard Nixon have we had this much Political turmoil in this Country. Having Warrantless surveillance ,Unilateral military action and Kill lists at his disposal, is it time to start questioning on how long Obama's reign of Presidency should last?"

Since Nixon? Are you serious? How about since Bush II? How about since Reagan broke US laws in funding the Contras, and then provided weapons to an enemy of the US, i.e. Iran? Bush II is guilty of everything and more that Obama has done, besides perhaps the kill lists. What about Bush's politicization of US attorneys general, and forcing them to make political-based investigations and indictments, and firing those who refused? This was a lot worse than the IRS imbroglio we have now.

I have some big problems with Obama, but he is essentially following the precedent set by other presidents; hence, I see no reason for him to resign. I can see impeachable offenses he has committed, and I am all for Congress going forward with impeachment proceedings, but it is ridiculous to expect him to resign over his actions and policies.

And I am truly curious: did you also call for Bush II to resign?

Bush was a horrible President also. That doesn't change the fact that Obama is the current President.

What I dont understand is why do people keep bringing up Bush? Hes not the President anymore !

I'm sorry if you are hung up on Bush, but seriously saying Bush was worse, is laughable. You flippantly say "besides perhaps the kill lists", like that isn't a problem for the rest of America, and for freedom! He resigned the Patriot Act, hasn't closed Gitmo, signed in NDAA, forced Obamacare down the public's throat, and many more things I'm not going to list, because in your World, Bush is the problem still..........................

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Obama's administration has a long, long, looong way to go to be as scandal ridden at the one of St. Ronnie of Reagan. His 8 years saw the investigation, indictment, or conviction of over 138 administration officials, the largest number for any US president.

Fast & Furious is nothing next to Iran Contra when Reagan admitted to providing weapons to Iran. And the money made from those sales was sent to Nicaragua to fund the overthrow of a government. Remember when Reagan resigned and his former VP pardoned his Secretary of Defense before his trial started? (only one of these statements is true)

Elliot Abrams was also pardoned along with 5 others from Iran Contra by Bush I. GW hired several of them, including Abrams, back into his own administration.

National Security Advisor Bud McFarlane pleaded guilty to 4 misdemeanors and was also pardoned by GHW Bush after spending two years in community service.

The HUD Rigging Scandal when Sam Pierce, Reagan's appointed HUD Secretary was convicted of rigging low income housing bids to favor Republican contributors to Reagan's campaign as well as rewarding Republican lobbyists. 16 convictions were later handed down.

Over twenty high-level EPA employees were removed from office during Reagan's first three years as president. Look up "Sewergate".

Look up the Inslaw Affair. That cost Reagan three...THREE....attorney generals. And you think Holder is bad?!? None of those three ever investigated the thing.

The S & L crisis when they were bailed out by Reagan with $160 M. Economist John Kenneth Galbraith called it "the largest and costliest venture in public misfeasance, malfeasance and larceny of all time."

Barry has a long way to step up to these and considering how revered Reagan still is, regardless of these horrific scandals involving Reagan and his minions (not low level government employees), I would say the chance of Obama resigning over these over-hyped GOP attempts to make him look bad is somewhere between zero and nil.

edit on 16-5-2013 by Beaux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandalphon

Obama may resign; but a dictatorship will follow him.
US will become a very bad place for immigrants, specially from Asia.

The poor and the middle class in the US will face financial hardships.

edit on 16-5-2013 by GargIndia because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by sonnny1

I agree my friend. Let's also not forget that Hillary Clinton is trying to seperate herself from this entire situation so she can run for president and she is even more to blame than Obama is! It's complete insanity, the bitch needs to be Subpoenaed yesterday.

Where is Boehner anyway? Yeah some talking points, but Where are the Republicans? Will they demand a Subpoena on Clinton? What do the Clintons have on the GOP? What did Sandy "The Burglar" Berger stuff down his pants about them? Use your #ing brains sheople.

If the Republicans don't follow through, all you GOP kool aid gulpers maybe finally will have to face the fact that your heroes could care less about the constitution, the rule of law, and that they are all owned by the internationalists just like most of the bottomfeeding Democrats are. My god stand up and demand that you be heard now.

Send e-mails and make phone calls. Post all over the net that Hillary Clinton needs to be Subpoenaed for Benghazi-Gate. Step up and demand justice for these internationalist slime bags that sacrificed good men who put their own lives on the line for their Country.

Subpoena Hillary Clinton about Benghazi-Gate immediately. ~$heopleNation

While we are at it bring back Bush,Cheney,Rice and others they caused thousands to be killed and maimed they outed a field intelligence officer ( Valerie Plame) 911 questions is still not answered..if we gonna get em then get em all!!!

link   
reply to post by sonnny1

"Not since Richard Nixon have we had this much Political turmoil in this Country.

He isn't no one died in watergate.

And neither Bush or Nixon tried to push a video to coverup their failings.
edit on 16-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Obama's problem is that he is "external" to the 'system'.

US has built this hopeless bureaucracy where left hand does not know what right hand is doing.

My take - the very people who are jumping at the prospect of Obama going away, will be the ones crying once the reality of dictatorship sinks in.

I pray people see the reason and wish for good things.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
0bama is so incredibly ego driven that a resignation is likely the farthest thing from his mind.

The silver lining in all of this scandal is that big 0's agenda to kill America will have to be passed on to the next NWO puppet.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

It might be time to revisit the Birth Certificate issue for an appetizer and thru on a sprinkle of the communist "czars" appointed by him for his administration for seasoning on the original points presented.....Like Nixon, he wont consider resigning unless Articles of Impeachment are drawn up. Someone should ask Hilary about the parallels since she served on the House Impeachment Committee as a staff lawyer (until she was fired for "unethical behavior" as I understand it).

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

It might be time to revisit the Birth Certificate issue for an appetizer and thru on a sprinkle of the communist "czars" appointed by him for his administration for seasoning on the original points presented.....Like Nixon, he wont consider resigning unless Articles of Impeachment are drawn up. Someone should ask Hilary about the parallels since she served on the House Impeachment Committee as a staff lawyer vs Nixon (until she was fired for "unethical behavior" as I understand it).
edit on 17-5-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
It might be time to revisit the Birth Certificate issue for an appetize

Yes, the silly birfer claims about President Obama are just as silly as the claims he should resign.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
O' Gungrabbero should hit the road! I didn't not vote for the tyrant but I did prefer him over Romney. Right up until he went for my guns! Now I want to see nothing more than him and his kind kicked to the curb!

To the curb, the sooner the better!
edit on 17-5-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Should Bush consider handing himself in to be tried for crimes against humanity?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Should Obama resign?

Well, I'll put it this way. If Iran or North Korea start a war right now the world is going to become a microwave. We have a President that only the feeble minded can support at this point. A U.S. military coup, or at least the attempt of one, would undoubtedly occur. And the likelihood of civil war would be greater than in the 1860's, and we know how that ended.

We're so divided right now that I have to believe this will happen if he resigns or not. If he resigns, the Obama-ites will riot. And if he doesn't his haters will riot.

America will be for the taking, and our generals won't spare a single nuke, and we'll all know what it feels like to be a frozen TV dinner in a fat man's microwave.

edit on 17-5-2013 by GenerationGap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Oh boy expect another false flag guys, or another unthawing of a Bin laden alphabet soup created boogie man figure to distract us again and soon forget Obummers reign of tyranny. Because we all know when it comes to the American people they have the memory of a goldfish!

The republicans refuse to impeach this scum bag just as the democrats refused to Impeach G Dubuyah Bush. Because they are all owned by the same corporations and banking cartels. It's as fake as pro wrestling, they are all playing sides and drinking beers back stage and giving one another back pats. It is set up as so, you derail the locomotive the rest of the cars behind derail this whole fail train with it.

The damage is done, might as well hook the country up to a respirator and give it it's last rights. When the leadership is in such dire straights something has got to give. We are on the cusp of anarchy or a revolution. Wait for it.

So should he resign?

Should Captain Ahab have gone down with his ship?

The outcome is all the same. Id say march on Washington and make citizen arrests & physically throw out the whole bunch of bad eggs out. Because they wont leave on their own accord willingly. Accountability is not a concept these political pawns understand. They figure their lobbyist handlers will save them come SHTF. Buy a judge, but a jury you know the drill.
edit on 17-5-2013 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbspiracy

Originally posted by sonnny1

Should Bush consider handing himself in to be tried for crimes against humanity?

Wow, your headline font makes you appear insecure, but I digress and answer the two questions posed.

Yes and yes, but it won't matter even if either did.

That said, at least Bush had the balls to declare war before committing his crimes, unlike Obama in Libya and Pakistan. How many Obama drone attacks killing children in Pakistan does it take for him to be considered a war criminal by the left? As many as it took for Bush to kill in Afghanistan before the right wanted him tried? I'll answer those two questions: infinite.

Out of curiosity though, tell me, how do you answer the OP's question? A statement, aka answer, would be appropriate this time around. Oh and lose the headline font, it's a bit toolish don't you think?

edit on 17-5-2013 by GenerationGap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by sonnny1

"Not since Richard Nixon have we had this much Political turmoil in this Country.

Worse, at one point he blamed America's 1st Amendment. Just like he blamed the 2nd for Sandy Hook.

What an elitist Fabian dbag!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Should Bush consider handing himself in to be tried for crimes against humanity

GWB!

The longest serving scapegoat whoops I meant president in US history!

Golf clap!.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Should Bush consider handing himself in to be tried for crimes against humanity

GWB!

The longest serving scapegoat whoops I meant president in US history!

Golf clap!.

He Lied!! thousands DIED!! his Veep's company is still reaping billions in profits while GWB is oil painting self portrait in the shower or his doggie Mission Accomplished if no one is willing to lock those guys up then it's all just partisan B/S or worst...don"t let me saay IT!!!...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Bush just makes jokes about his trillion dollar, thousands of lives, mistake...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Obama is too proud to resign,,with all of the things against him, he should be impeached!

2nd line

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join