It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 mile long Crop Circle in the Desert

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Sri Yantra has no special significance.

This and crop circles are only serve the purpose of distraction for the masses; so that people can be taken away from more serious and significant issues.

Art and music attract a lot of people. The beautiful attracts the senses, which is natural. However there is nothing more to it.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Never heard of this one before.... thanks for sharing op!

Watched the video, and found the google newspaper articles that were shown. Since those are very hard to read due to the low resolution on youtube, I figured I will post them as links here for research purposes, and for those curious.

Sept. 14, 1990

The above article describes the general location, and goes on to say that a NCO drove out to the site - and found surveyors stakes, nails and pink plastic ribbons. Hrmmm.

Nov. 16, 1990

That meat of that link isn't much... other than some science professor claiming it wasn't aliens, it probably was done by humans - he does feel that the government was involved somehow. Complexity of the design aside, I do find it odd that this "dirt circle" for lack of a better term appeared sometime in 1990 and was spotted by a RF-4C recon aircraft from the 190th. The NCO in charge of QC (Quality Control) of imagery data was the one to drive out to the site personally.

In summation, some things do not add up methinks.
1. Design an elaborate "dirt circle" within a Military Area of Operation that has overflights.
Using a few man crew and some surveying tools, string.. etcetera.
Pretty ballsy, for performance art. Not worth the risk to the average joe.

2. Was found by a recon aircraft, days after it was made.
For what purpose, or place?

We are mostly speculating here, but I would not be surprised if it could be proven those "artists" from Iowa (could be Idaho mistranslated) were responsible with one hundred precent certainty. I've tried, but cannot find the coordinates on open source GE / maps.

More research is needed on this.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Just to throw in my opinion, the design of it is completely human and has been used for a long time to denote harmony and good well-being etc.

Done by people imo, not sure how but that's my gut feeling.

Of course it was done by people, what do they think aliens would do it for?

It's not like their ships would have this engraved on the bottom?

Why would you say "Of course it was done by humans..." How would you know? It could have been aliens.

Occam's razor. What alien commander is going to order a subordinate to trick or communicate with the humans with a 13 mile message in the desert, when there are a million other methods for either?

Unless you're willing to accept the prospect that there is a 13 mile autonomous craft out there somewhere?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

SnF purplemer for the share
. Whoever the designers are.

NAMASTE*******

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It was obviously bigfoot who made this.

Who else posesses the strength and endurance?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Fair enough. I have a vague theory in my head that "If" aliens were to make contact with us, then they would do it in stages of ever increasing mystery and complexity, easing us into the idea of contact instead of just directly messaging us. I don't know how much sense that makes though and well...one should proceed to simpler theories until simplicity can be traded for greater explanatory power and thus....I cannot argue this point.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
IF it's been hoaxed.....

What do you think, little aliens came and did it?
It's a very clever piece of art by human beings ... but it does give the weirdos something to talk about for a while aye!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SocialCUT
9,000 feet = 108,000 inches
To claim that anything (aside from a direct light source, which this is not) 10 inches wide should be clearly visible to the naked eye from 108,000 inches away is simply absurd.
At 10 inches wide each line, the scale of the entire etching must be rather small to have gotten the whole thing in frame with each singular line remaining visible.
I'm going with this explanation (click on "talklikeapirat"):reply to post by talklikeapirat

60 yards sounds about right to me, keeping in mind how large "10 inches" appeared in the video.
You guys did watch the video, didn't you?

As others have said CONTRAST it's really simple the general shape would be clear and depending on the angle the sunlight hits the amount of detail would vary.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
If the lines are 10 inches wide how come we can see them from 9000 ft?

10" isnt far off 1 foot which is quite wide. add 4 or 5 of these lines next to each other and you would definitely be able to see them from 9000 ft. that thing is huge

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Did anyone, including the OP, actually look at the scale of this thing, taking into account the measurements claimed??? HELLO????

The video maker claims the lines are 10 inches wide, and then an image is shown of the design close up, with there being 4 rows of these lines around the border. In between each furrowed line there appears to be a gap of approximately 60 inches (I get this from visual estimation, feel free to make your own estimate); this means the border is about 220 inches wide, or 18 1/3 ft wide. Looking at the "from 9,000" foot view, I again estimate that this image has a width of about 21 of these border widths (Again, check for yourself, if you don't trust my estimates). If you're going by the extreme portions of the design, then had 4 more lengths, i.e. 25 instead of 21.

This means this design or dirt diagram -- it is not a crop circle, as there are no plants in this very arid area, which I have driven through -- is approximately 18 1/3 ft x 21 = 385 feet across; taking the extreme widths, it is 458.33 feet. This is between 0.073 and 0.087 miles, which -- needless to say -- is much less than 13 miles across. I'm not even sure the valley to the east of the Steens Mtns is 13 miles wide; in fact, looking at its supposed location in the map provided in a newspaper article source given about, and looking at google map, the distance between the Steens and the Sheepshead Mtns is no more than 12 miles, and the main north-south road hwy there runs between these, splitting this area up.

Also in the same article, it is said that this design is 1,563 ft square, which admittedly is bigger than my estimate (assuming it is 1,563 ft across), but still not much more than 1/4 of a mile. Actually, in the first sentence of the article it says its about 1/4 of a mile across. And as said in another post, surveying stakes and strings were found at the site, and it appeared as if it was furrowed by a tractor or rototiller.

So my visual estimates were off, but they were still closer to the fact than the claim of the video and OP: my estimates were off by a factor of 4, the claims of the video were off by a factor of 52.

In any case, this thing, if it even exists as claimed, is much smaller than claimed by the person on the video. This is really elementary analysis, folks. But someone on the web says something is so, so you accept it as such. Deny ignorance, good people.

Furthermore, I doubt 10"-wide furrows will show up well at 9,000 feet, so I doubt the image is from 9,000 ft.

And I guess we have to take it on faith that there are no vehicle tracks leading to/away from it too...

edit on 8-5-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I would say artists for that state. Maybe a political message? Is it also a bombing range? I am not entirely sure what the symbol means but prolly far from military testing.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

This is very interesting but why now are people talking about it? It happened Aug 10, 1990

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Now its a quarter mile square?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I think its very revealing that the lines in so called crop circles are always just wide enough to be created by humans.

When you see crop circles in crops even though you get wide sections where crops are flattened you can always see that its done in 3ft wide channels.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Anybody remember the 'BIG TRACK' programmable robot vehicle toy from the 80s?! I suspect someone having fun with a similar military robot (gang) with suitable attachments - or GOOGLE THEMSELVES, Earthers!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape
[m
ore I could do the same thing on sketchup in a few minutes.How does that prove how it was done?I could also draw building in a few minutes.Does that mean I can build one?Nope.I don't know how this was done but you left out a few key factors of course.Such as,how did this guy and his skeleton crew manage to get expensive heavy machinery out there?I'll stop right there.That presents a gigantic problem.Nevermind where all the dirt went to and the fact that they left no trace of eny evidence as to how they did it.Im not sayin aliens did it but seems fishy to me.Its a job well done in any case.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
OK, s'pose you could lay it out, then get a couple guys on ditch witch's and a crew of coaches to make sure you followed every direction and made no wrong cuts, and say it was done by people with such machines and survey equiptment, where are the spoils, the dirt removed from the ditches that comprise the lines. Most ditch witches have a rotary drum with auger blades that direct the spoils (dirt) to either side of the witch as it travels forward.. So you would have a ditch with a line of dug up dirt in parallel with every ditch unless it was all captured on tarps or something and removed..? Any more pics of this CC.?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

NAMASTE..

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Staroth

This is very interesting but why now are people talking about it? It happened Aug 10, 1990

Vallid point.. Not sure either why it has just come to light of recent..

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrivateSi

Anybody remember the 'BIG TRACK' programmable robot vehicle toy from the 80s?! I suspect someone having fun with a similar military robot (gang) with suitable attachments - or GOOGLE THEMSELVES, Earthers!

Out of all the things I postulated might have made this... robot was not one of them....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join