It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 mile long Crop Circle in the Desert

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Your argument is what's in contrast here - with the photo evidence which is provided in the video.
The lines are clearly visible from a supposed height of 9000' , and are clearly 10" wide as it matches the glyph measuring 60 yards across.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SocialCUT

Well it is quite obvious the guy is wrong when he says it was all clearly visible from that height. But that doesnt mean that the glyph isn't there.

It is there. From 9,000' you would see the outline, but doubtful you would see each line. I fail to see the relevance in pointing this out, personally.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

ok - some BASIC mathematics :

13 miles = 20921m

60 yards = 54.8m

10 inches = 25cm

now proof that the claim of 60 yards across and / or 13 miles of line is incorect

54.8m square is a total area of 3003m2

a line 20921m * 25cm = 5230m2

you have just claimed that the area of lines is greater than the total area of the geo-glyph

now that is a face palm

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

No. The claim being made is that the total length of all the lines WITHIN the 180' square equals 13 miles. And without a blueprint of the glyph we have no way of knowing. I don't see any reason to coubt it, though, as there are a hell of a lot of lines in that glyph.

ETA: nevermind. I see what you did there. Nicely spotted.
edit on 7-5-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
90's huh

I know of at least one new age group that was into these kinds of things that were based in Oregon at the time

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

1 mile is 5.280 feet. How could a person make something so large?
It must be natural.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Regardless of the guy's incorrect measurements, it is still quite impressive. It would be cool to get real measurements for it.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
ok - i have just doe a bit of googling on this - and the only info comes from clearly scientificaly illiterate " crop circle believers " - who insist on calling a pattently obvious geo-glyph - a " crop circle "

the believers further claim that it is " perfect " - how do they know this ???? from thier analisation of photographs ????????

the only way to determine if it actually is perfect is with surveying equipment - which would teach them how easy it actually is to lay out a series of geometric shapes - a competant surveyor with a theodolite / total station and several trarget poles and prisms and 2 assistants - can have that patern laid out is a very short time

next - how was it created - the obvious solution would be a "trench digger" - from vehicle mounted to self propelled " pedestrian trencher " - google the terms in quotes - you will be amazed what modern engineering can acomplish

they can dig a 25cm wide and 75mm deep trench at speeds speeds from 2km / hour upwards

the treatment this incident has attracted from believers really is a testement to thier lack of critical thinking and understanding of basic science and engineering

bottom line - dont listen to new-age wingnuts who say its imposible - ask an engineer how to do it

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I think an engineer would ask why build it?
Is this even real?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Define a short amount of time.
I surveyed for seven years, and while I agree it can be done relatively easily, it isn't quite as simple as just sticking some sticks in the ground.

First you would draw it up in autocad, then plot points. And just giving it a quick glance, there would be hundreds of points to plot. You would also have to coordinate your points in a certain way on the ground as not to totally confuse the dude running the trenching equipment.

It isn't nearly as easy as you make it sound.
Possible? Absolutely.

ETA: There are also multiple reverse curves in that formation. Two radius points per. Man, laying that thing out would look like a damn nightmare for anyone running a ditch witch.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Perhaps fpmt.org knows something about it? (For giggles I googled "Dalai Lama Oregon". That's where they came up and they host plenty of events in the state of Oregon.) Interestingly enough, making large mandalas is part of the Tibetan Buddhism tradition.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if a sizable meditation group went on a road trip and hike and created a very large Mandala in a single day. It's one way to get in touch with nature. Kind of a neat find even if no aliens were involved.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Meh, seems manmade. Impressive, otherwise.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

you are WAY over complicating the surveying :

1st all autocad work and calculations are prelim - they are done off site

second - the " triangles elemets of that glyph - requires just 29 survey points

here is how :

the blue point is station 001

the green stations are simply linear legs from station 001 on a baseline

the pink stations are simply linera legs at 90 degrees to the baseline

its not that complicated

i could do that layout with 165 stations

just for the reccord :

the outer squares = 80 stations
the circles = 08
the outer band =31
the inner band =17
triangles = 29

each would be marked with a steel or plastic numbered disc - with a nail securing it to the ground

the job of operating the trencher is not complex - he would just follw guide lines [ wrires ] strung between sequential stations by an assistant - all the trencher driver needs to do is lower and rais the boom at the correct moment while following the wire

simples

edit to ammend :

the surveying of the squares only needs 20 of them to be actually surveyed - a pair of " cheat sticks " can fill in the other 60

so the job gets simpler and quicker

edit on 7-5-2013 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

ETA: There are also multiple reverse curves in that formation. Two radius points per. Man, laying that thing out would look like a damn nightmare for anyone running a ditch witch.

again - avoid over complication - all those revers curves are identical [ ok there are 2 different profiles ] and a template cut from tarpaulin material [ again pre prepared ] would make surveying each a doddle - all you need is a scratching stick and 2 survey stations per element

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I don´t know about him but I did a parachute jump from 14763 (4.5km) and you could clearly see plow marks in the fields from up there.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think that Starbuck and Apollo were involved. They where a patch on their colonial fighter uniforms with the same symbol.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I can see it at 160 points or so. Again though, you get into time frame. Especially if you are gonna start pulling tapes for your other sixty square points.

What sort of equipment? It would take most of an 8 hour day to do the layout work with a manual total station. You could cut that time in half with a robotic unit.

I like the idea of prefabricating the reverse curves, though. Its easy to forget this isn't a road layout.

At any rate, it IS doable. Within a day on layout and another day trenching.

The report said it appeared in a day, but considering the report is wrong on everything else, that is probably wrong as well. Haha

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Also, it sorta begs the question of who in the world would go to all that trouble.
I mean, sure, we can sit here and figure out how to do it (and if I were to lay it out, it WOULD be geometrically perfect, btw), but the obvious question is who has the equipment, the know how, the time, and the motive to do this in a dry lakebed in the middle of nowhere.
I can't see this as some corporate paid job, as this is the first I have heard of this glyph and it is apparently years old.
And all the equipment we just discussed is very expensive.

ETA: If I were gonna do it I would drive nails at all my stations and leave them protruding a few tenths. Then I would run chalk lines between all the nails. And I would hav e dude on ditch witch simulataneously so as not to get too far ahead of him. Your station 0+00 would serve as a radius for the circles. I would prefab the flower petals next as you suggested and finish with the squares.

Two days, start to finish.
But someone would have to pay me well. Haha

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
OP should really work on his wording of titles, it almost seems disingenuous. Myself and most of the other people that read your post initially thought that the design all-together was 13 miles wide, not 180 feet.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
Here is the amazing meaning of the Sri Yantra:

smphillips.8m.com...
smphillips.8m.com...
and subsequent pages.
The Sri Yantra is isomorphic to other sacred geometries, such as the Tree of Life (Otz Chiim), five Platonic solids & disdyakis triacontahedron. It is a map of the spiritual cosmos:
smphillips.8m.com...

The 2-d Sri Yantra geometrically embodies the 240 roots of E8, the rank-8 Lie group at the heart of superstring theory:
smphillips.8m.com...
smphillips.8m.com...
The 2-d Sri Yantra constructed from the Pythagorean tetractys also embodies the 496 roots of E8xE8 & SO(32), the two possible symmetry groups of superstring forces:
smphillips.8m.com...

The 3-d Sri Yantra embodies structural parameters that express the toroidal vortex rings that make up the E8xE8 heterotic superstring:
smphillips.8m.com...
smphillips.8m.com...

This is reduculous - Yantra's are Eastern Mystic Mandalas used in various Hindu & Buddist traditions to focus the mind and other purposes.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Sri Yantra is the most famous. Here are google images for more:

www.google.com...

While based on sacred geometry, they form an entirely different school of use from the Egypian and Euclidan sacred geometries. I do think it is a good call to associate the two schools (East & West for simplicity) but they did not conscoiously come from the same evolutionary sources in practise. They both describe 'ultimate reality' but arrived at by inner (east) and outer (west) means.

All sacred geometry is a variation on the point, then the circle, squaring the circle ad infinitum. All cultures have these symbols (even Amish - look at an Amish quilt).

Whether made by hand, by magic, or by 'others' (I lean towards the collective unconscious creating these images myself) they are beautiful and powerful. Let's do more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join