It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utter Despair

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Mods please move to where ever you see fit.

Fellow ATSers I am really scared. I feel utter and total despair after reading excerpts from Bush's speech today. I don't want to become Christian, I don't want to live in fear, I don't want to see my country so divided. I don't want a draft. I don't want us as a country to stand by and let our environment go down the drain. I don't want a never ending war. I don't want this country to continue on the path it is currently on. I don't want to move to Canada or anywhere else. I came to this country because of ideals that my mother believed in, I became an American because I believed in the ideals of this country, however this country is no longer the same country I fell in love with. I feel utter and total despair.

What Scared Me

Contending Americans have embraced his conservative agenda, President Bush pledged Thursday to aggressively pursue major changes in Social Security, the tax code and medical malpractice awards, working with Democrats if they are receptive and leaving them behind if they're not.
"I earned capital in the campaign, political capital, and now I intend to spend it," Bush said a day after a decisive victory that made him the first president in 68 years to win re-election and gain seats in both the House and Senate.

"I'll reach out to everyone who shares our goals," said Bush, who 24 hours earlier had promised to try to win over those who voted for his Democratic opponent.

It is going to be a very scary 4 years and Bin Laden nor Saddam isn't the boogeyman in my nightmares.

Do you get it yet? If you don't conform to his way, you are screwed, sorry too bad, have a frickin nice day. despair.........................

[edit on 11-4-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
"I'll reach out to everyone who shares our goals,"

The era of the domestic "terrorist" is at hand. Frankly WW I've been expecting several of these posts and I truly feel sorry for you and your fellow citizens.

It's just not right, Bush should be looking out for the 49% of the country as well as his own 51%. Oh, and the 170 million who didnt vote. It's about leading America, not leading the side that won.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Just under half of the voting public of the U.S.A. has lost its voice to a broad republican majority.

And if that losing half are respectful or receptive they will work with them if not they will be left behind.

Go Bush!

Welcome to the new America!... Love it or leave it!

Democracy has spoken.

We must now shut up and be receptive or else!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I say if all voting stations used paper ballots where there was an audit trail then I would say that democracy has worked. But since that is not the case I cannot stand behind a person that may have resorted to cheating to win. A marginal win for a marginal leader.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well I agree thats pretty scary. But that said please think of the billions of us who didn't even get the opportunity to vote against him that live all over the world and will have to contend with the decisions made on behalf of the supposedly most powerful nation in the world by a man with a face like a chimp and a brain that is even less developed.

Another thing that scares me is the fact that a lot of American troops in Iraq still support Bush even though they are there on the basis of bad intelligence and at best bad guesswork. C'mon guys, this is like Vietnam II, only everyone on paper DOES support the war.

How? How can so many people that I have seen on dicussion boards be saying "How did he win?!" Is there something to this? Does anyone have evidence of cheating a la 2000? and why did the Demo's concede so early when they had battery upon battery of Lawyers?

Or am I just scared that my beloved UK will be drawn into yet another suicidal, policy destroying, ally alienating conflict in the middle east?

[edit on 4/11/04 by Strife3025]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Just FYI, you guys are *not* helping my mood tonight. I was actually feeling a bit more upbeat earlier today; now I'm back to "what the #$%@ are the next four years going to be like?"

:w: :w: :w:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Your post gives me an idea. Buy stock in the producers of alcoholic beverages

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
What about the sellers of bullet proof jackets? Panic Rooms? Public Building Insurance salesmen? Atomic Shelters?

BTW I dont know if you know, but votes in my part of the country dont count for anything anyway, so it led me to think.... if you dont vote, is that a vote against democracy, or a lack of faith in the opponents in the contest? At least they should be counted as SOMETHING. Be thankful you guys live somewhere where you CAN actually vote and have it mean something.

[edit on 4/11/04 by Strife3025]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Foreign media watching the US point finger at the US saying "Now you dumb people have given Bush the mandate to perform unwanted foreign incursions and anything else".

Some American ATS members act as "resigned" as JF Kerry.

But...

The investigation into e-voting fraud continues. Let's see what comes of it.

AND

Bush is not beyond impeachment, sacking and/or imprisonment. Not by a long way.

How do you want to spend four years if you are righteously angry. Intimidated?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The alcohol is much more fun. You can drink your way to success. If you want to protest the way our government has turned out. How it has been put up for sale there is something you can do.

1. Take your money out of the banks.
2. Pay cash for everything.
3. Don't make unnecessary trips so you can conserve fuel.
4. Don't make any unnecessary big ticket item purchases the next 4 years.
5. Avoid buying imports when possible.
6. Turn off the tv or change channels when a commercial comes on.

Basically if its not an emergency then don't buy it. The best way to get back at Bush is to not support the companies that paid for his re-election.

Just say no to marketing.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
YAY! Masked Avatar, you are absolutely right!

Never give up!
If Clinton gets impeached for saying he never slept with "that woman" then surely Bush will say something at least as stupid (that siad he did lie about Iraq.....)

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
You might be on to something, Indy. God knows *I've* been drunk the past 2 nights.

MaskedAvatar, I am not intimidated. I am depressed. I've lost confidence in my fellow Americans' common sense. I am very close to using the dreaded word "sheeple."

In other words, I am crying in my beer.

And let's be honest with each other: Bush will never be impeached by this newly elected Congress, no matter how egregious his behavior. At this point, we are stuck for 4 more years with a president who proclaimed, "It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it."

We're doomed.

[edit on 11/4/2004 by sandge]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Sandge I'd join you but I am completely out of booze. Yeah. I had too much fun a week ago and I have yet to reload.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Indy, I've got a Michelob Light with your name on it.

Four more beers! Four more beers!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Im on wine right now, I guess its because it hits the spot pretty quick

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The Canadian media is going to be showing news about some Americans considering the possibility of moving to Canada. What kind of message is that giving to the Canadians? Well, it means that Americans are realizing something, I wonder what?

As the author of the thread says, there are changes occuring in the American way.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Pick your poison, Strife3025; I've got that, too.

Hey, party at my place! Who's bringing the chips?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I like the way you think Sandge. So... does Four more beers! Four more beers! = 8 beers?

I do have a bottle of wine. Never been opened. It was from a party 3 years ago. It is still in my fridge. Not sure if it is any good. It is soooooo tempting to open it. Then again I could drag my lazy butt to the store at the end of my street and buy me a bottle of Jack.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Immortal: Is it because Canada is so much more sensible, dependable and a member of the commonwealth or is that just my Imperialist ideals showing through?

Sandage and Indy: good plan: Ill be on the patio listening to Led Zep if you need me.........

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
What can I say about Election 2004?

Tom Brokaw did great. CNN had a pretty wall.

Thats about it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join