It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utter Despair

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Lets try to stay on topic here people.

Not what to drink!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I really think we need to get people into the no income tax thing. I want to learn how to do it, so I can teach others.

They can't suck off our tit if the tit is dry.

Please, allow this dispair to turn into a slow simmering anger that can be used in all sorts of anti-social, but peaceful ways to show people that Bush sucks, and the Federal Government needs to go.

Income Tax is first on my list.

We need to make an ATS "How to Stop Paying Income Tax" Book, and all the newbies can get a copy (virtual copy at least).

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strife3025
Immortal: Is it because Canada is so much more sensible, dependable and a member of the commonwealth or is that just my Imperialist ideals showing through?
Uhhh...I don't know.

What I do know is that people should start paying attention to the conspiracy theorists, those who talk about the New World Order, and all the other topics associated with it. It is happening, slowly, as many Americans are beginning to realize those fundamental changes.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well, firstly, you are right UM_Gazz, this is not about drink.

Secondly, KrazyJethro, I think that you must have a heap aganst Income Tax if that is the highest on your list....

Thirdly, Immprtal, as far as I can see the Conservative Right, which are aghainst Fun, Cool and Difference are against any order which brings the world together, and so can't be the NWO.... or am I being mad?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
O.K. Here is what you do. Give yourself a fixed amount of time, say a week or a month, have yourself a nice little pity party, wallow, be depressed, grieve. Get it out of your system. After the fixed amount of time, tell yourself that things are always worse in your imagination than they are in real life and promise yourself that you will not worry about the things that have not yet happened. The draft will probably never come but you could spend years worrying about it if you let yourself, and for what? For nothing!

"I'll reach out to everyone who shares our goals,"

How are you taking THAT as a negative? Open your mind for a minute and consider the fact that more than likely he is referring to the goals that everyone in the United States want. He isn't talking about Republican goals, he isn't talking about NWO goals, he is talking about the type of goals that ALL Americans strive for ... or at least those that aren't terrorist cells or foreigners who hate American dreams but love to attend University in the U.S.

I realize that this is a conspiracy site so some of you tend to be fatalists and pessimists but to put your entire state of mental health into the hands of our elected President really is not healthy. I would suggest that after you take your dose of the prescribed pity party, you might want to take a step back, look around you, give hugs to those that you love, smell the flowers in your garden, take your dog for a walk, pop some popcorn and relax. Our President is not coming into your home unless you invite him through your computer, tv, radio, or newspaper and you might feel a whole heck of a lot better if you take a break from him and from the 'what if's' for a little while.

Jemison

Oh, and one last thing ... Pity Parties may cause drowsiness. Alcohol may intensify this effect. Please use care when operating a car or dangerous machinery.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Lets try to stay on topic here people.

Not what to drink!

The topic is Utter Despair. What goes better with that than drinking?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

What Scared Me

Contending Americans have embraced his conservative agenda, President Bush pledged Thursday to aggressively pursue major changes in Social Security, the tax code and medical malpractice awards, working with Democrats if they are receptive and leaving them behind if they're not.
"I earned capital in the campaign, political capital, and now I intend to spend it," Bush said a day after a decisive victory that made him the first president in 68 years to win re-election and gain seats in both the House and Senate.

"I'll reach out to everyone who shares our goals," said Bush, who 24 hours earlier had promised to try to win over those who voted for his Democratic opponent.

I don't understand the attitude here. President Bush is going to be actively working on fixing social security, tax reform, and medical mal- practice. Why are you upset about that? There isn't one word there saying you have to become a Christian. I don't suppose the word "compromise" is new to you. Or do you expect the President to only do exactly as you want things done? He says here he will be reaching out to those who want to fix social security, tax reform and medical mal-practice. It sounds as though you want to impeach him for that.

I really can't understand why you do not want these particular items made better for our citizens.

He is offering you a chance to work with him. You don't appear to be interested.

had the quotes set up wrong

[edit on 11/4/2004 by Mahree]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Would you expect someone in a special ed class to rewrite the laws of physics? This is basically what you are thinking Bush will do.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Mahree: I think its because if 49% of Americans disagree with what he says, they wil be"left behind"

Its not a very Christian attitude.....

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Mods please move to where ever you see fit.

Fellow ATSers I am really scared.
...Clipped ...
It is going to be a very scary 4 years and Bin Laden nor Saddam isn't the boogeyman in my nightmares.

Do you get it yet? If you don't conform to his way, you are screwed, sorry too bad, have a frickin nice day. despair.........................

[edit on 11-4-2004 by worldwatcher]

Worldwatcher,

A large number that I believe exceeds 50% of the US population are on your side. I'm Christian by faith, but I believe "Strongly" in the first amendment protecting us from Religious persecution and respect for other beliefs. Lately I've become more educated with respect to other religions and believe people need to stop using God to sell their politics and profiting from same.

We will also be fighting for other consitutional rights and the environment (which is not in the constitutiion explicitly).

For those of you still using the word Democracy to describe the current administration and often used by bush, please look up the word. The words used by GWB on 11-04-2004 were more of a dictatorial Republic. Democracy though trapled on by the religious rightwing still exists in more than 50% of the minds of Americans. God bless those nations that are democracies and help those that are not to embrace it's freedom. Only when people realize what freedom truly is, will they be free. (Although I/We condemn his actions against innocents, even Osama BL knows what true freedom is). The President dos'nt care!
Edited rights to rightwing, added parthesis.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by AlabamaCajun]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strife3025
Mahree: I think its because if 49% of Americans disagree with what he says, they wil be"left behind"

Its not a very Christian attitude.....

Strife: I am sorry but I don't agree with your projection. You would be correct that "it isn't a very Christian attitude" if it were true.

There were many differences main stream Republicans had with President Bush on his last term. We expected him to pursue more actively the Republican platform. We then realized that he was not just our president, but your president too. And I believe this was how he tried to lead. Medicare drug benefits and illegal immigration are a couple that come to mind right now.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Worldwatcher I am in the same boat as you, I do not trust bush political or religous agenda and by experience in the last 4 year he seems to pretty much do whatever in hell he feels like he wants to do occurs in the name of god.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
WW, you have nothing to worry about, Republicans won't ask you to change your religion, and you missed the following.

"I will be your president regardless of your faith, and I don't expect you to agree with me necessarily on religion," Bush said. "As a matter of fact, no president should ever try to impose religion on our society. ... The great thing that unites is the fact you can worship freely if you choose, and if you - you don't have to worship."

Excerpted from the link you gave.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
32 posts and almost 350 page views in this thread

7 posts and not as many views in this thread: Utter Joy!

Hmmm.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
So what does that tell you? lol. Also the Joy topic hasn't been around as long.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
WW, you have nothing to worry about, Republicans won't ask you to change your religion, and you missed the following.

"I will be your president regardless of your faith, and I don't expect you to agree with me necessarily on religion," Bush said. "As a matter of fact, no president should ever try to impose religion on our society. ... The great thing that unites is the fact you can worship freely if you choose, and if you - you don't have to worship."

Excerpted from the link you gave.

I understand WW's concerns, but for most of us, this isn't about religion, Muaddib. This is about Dubya's abysmal record as POTUS during his 1st term, and the fact that he thinks he's been given carte blanche by the American public to do whatever the hell he wants for the next 4 years.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Indy... it tells me nothing really.

I just find it very interesting reading both of these threads.

Let the games begin.. It will be interesting to see how both discussions go.

Kudos to WorldWatcher for sharing her concerns here.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
32 posts and almost 350 page views in this thread

7 posts and not as many views in this thread: Utter Joy!

Hmmm.

That's because Republicans don't make as much of a big deal as liberals/democrats when the opposition wins.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
If Republicans celebrate and "rub the election in the Democrats/Liberals' face" you hold it against us...if we don't do it you also hold it against us...

The majority of Republicans normally do not react the same way as the majority of Democrats/Liberals. We do not go to the streets and start yelling to the top of our voices to riot in the streets and begin a wave of violence if the opposition wins...

I see here and in other threads Democrats/Liberals already talking about ways to disrupt our society because they lost....

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

That's because Republicans don't make as much of a big deal as liberals/democrats when the oppossition wins.

They instead spend $40 million to investigate/impeach him. Yeah, that's much better.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join