It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British SAS in 'Alien' Riddle : “little grey men” walk into ambush - then vanish

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelmcclen

People who know about the SAS will know that they are far from just shoot first kill squads and will always identify their targets first.

The only people who think they are shoot first kill squads are the little IRA supporting bigots running around Ireland.

Originally posted by Psych3d3licPsych3
reply to post by WingedBull

Not to mention I grew up in South Armagh, just outside cloghogue and I would've heard about this. This is like a story out of "The News of the World". I bloody wish there where greys around here to scare away the SAS soldiers back then lol

Personally I am glad there is SAS men in Northern Ireland, it helps we sleep well at night knowing that someone is out chasing down all the cowards (IRA etc)
edit on 29-4-2013 by biggilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by StarsInDust

Well, well, well, i wondered when this story would pop up. Im more of a lurker really, but will say a few things about this story. At the same time as this is alleged to have happend in 1993, i too was on active service with the army in south armagh northern ireland. I will not say what unit i was with or what my role was there, as this is not important and is need to know only. What i can say is yes i have worked along side 22SAS in northern ireland and oman in the gulf, and i can say that if THEY said it happend, then it did simple as that ! these guys are all very clever lads and dont mess about, they would never make up such a tale for no reason, unless under orders to do so for some other reason ie- cover story. When i was in bandit country in 1993, a lot of op's were going on involving the lads, including ambush, i know this for a fact! I want to say that the SAS are in no way "kill squads" then or now, they are highley trained pro's every time. Right what i do know and can say here today is that at this exect same time the story is said to have taken place, there was reports of ufo's coming in from infantry soliders on night patrols in south armagh ! i was there so i know this at least to be true. as to the story make your own mind up i guess. thats all i want to say at this time. thank you.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomadros

Originally posted by milomilo

what is gold membership ? what military you join ? what country ? army or navy or marines or airforce ?

IED Blast hardly effect you ? what are you really ?

Err...Gold's is a gym. IED blast....read to the end of the sentence. Basically, the noise and pressure wave doesn't scare him anymore, as he's used to them. HTH

I can't believe this thread is still going

Lol, thanks man I was about to respond but you beat me too it, many thanks!!
My overall point was to not sound like some "Super" guy, but to show that some people have desensitize themselves thru everyday practice. Would a person going thru the normal battle rythem of his unit, seeing an hearing all kinds of things, be able to handle a chance encounter with an EBE? Even the most battle hardened soldier would have a difficult time to undestand what it is he is seeing.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Anyone had any luck tracking down the journalist behind the story yet? Worth pursuing this one.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat
Anyone had any luck tracking down the journalist behind the story yet? Worth pursuing this one.

Would be a chap called Brady and no, I didn't find anything

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well after reading through the story again...it's clear the person who made this claim is actually a third hand source, so you cant give it much credibility. In fact if you count the journalist who wrote it up, then the story has gone through at least 4 filters.
As I cant find any journalist with the name Joe Brady, at least none that fit the profile. I am assuming that Joe Brady was probably a freelancer or someone who quit journalism years ago...So that's a bit of a dead end unless you want to phone up the people and ask them for his contact details????, somebody might want to do that.

The other lead to follow is the man who gave the story to Brady, a Belfast UFO researcher called "Hugh O'Brien". Supposedly he was a "UFO expert" who belonged to the Ulster UFO study group. Now as we have people from all over the world on ATS, I am assuming at least a few are from Ulster, so if there is or was a UFO study group with a guy called "Hugh O'Brien" somebody ought to have some info on it. Is it likely that "a former Army intelligence officer " is going to contact a Belfast based UFO group with this info...I somehow doubt it, but who knows, it is kinda looking like some kind of disinformation, to what ends I have no idea.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGeneral33

Very interesting. So there were sighting of UFOs in 1993 in South Armagh?

There was also the Cosford Incident over mainland Britain at the end of March 1993. I wonder could there be a link?

Of course we don't have the date of the alleged incident nor a first hand witness.

The SAS did not say this happened. An unnamed intelligence officer told a UFO researcher who informed a journalist for a tabloid newspaper in the summer of 1997. That is of course if any of these people even exist. The People may well have used a pseudonym for both the reporter and even the UFO researcher.

But thanks for the info. It hasn't convinced me the story is true but it adds a little bit more to the case.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGeneral33
reply to post by StarsInDust

Well, well, well, i wondered when this story would pop up. Im more of a lurker really, but will say a few things about this story. At the same time as this is alleged to have happend in 1993, i too was on active service with the army in south armagh northern ireland. I will not say what unit i was with or what my role was there, as this is not important and is need to know only. What i can say is yes i have worked along side 22SAS in northern ireland and oman in the gulf, and i can say that if THEY said it happend, then it did simple as that ! these guys are all very clever lads and dont mess about, they would never make up such a tale for no reason, unless under orders to do so for some other reason ie- cover story. When i was in bandit country in 1993, a lot of op's were going on involving the lads, including ambush, i know this for a fact! I want to say that the SAS are in no way "kill squads" then or now, they are highley trained pro's every time. Right what i do know and can say here today is that at this exect same time the story is said to have taken place, there was reports of ufo's coming in from infantry soliders on night patrols in south armagh ! i was there so i know this at least to be true. as to the story make your own mind up i guess. thats all i want to say at this time. thank you.

Yeah, whatever Rambo...Just reading your post tells me you are talking though a hole in yer (.....)

For starters..if the SAS are told to kill....they Kill...simple....do they have Kills squads?...you bet your (....) they do.....The real James Bonds...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

hi, yes i can confirm that over the space of two nights there was reports coming in of "lights in the sky" spotted by troops on the ground on night patrol. this will have happend around july 1993 in south armagh. i found out about the reports a week after it had happend as i was about to go on night op's myself. i had my eyes to the sky but never seen anything myself. like i said this happend 100 percent as i was there on tour at that time.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

lol!!!! no not rambo, i was just doing my job. i do not tell lies im just saying what i know to be true. as for the story well thats anyones guess, i dont really beleive in aliens. like i said the SAS are not kill squads they do there job to orders thats all. lets just say they take out the trash!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I believe that if you could track down Nick Pope ( I believe that is his name) who used to worked for the MOD and dealt with this sort of thing and is very interested in the subject, he may have dealt with the case at some point in his career. I hope that helps. Interesting post.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

What i can say is yes i have worked along side 22SAS in northern ireland

The DET?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

For starters..if the SAS are told to kill....they Kill...simple....do they have Kills squads?...you bet your (....) they do.....The real James Bonds...

think you might have read one too many Nick Stone books....

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Well said. I was gonna mention the same thing...
Unless this story is made up by the journalist, this really did happen. The only question is whether or not the journalist was making it all up.

I would also echo the comments detailing just how tricky, AND DANGEROUS night time ambush operations are. The thing that sticks out most to me about this story is that the aliens supposedly knew where these soldiers were lying in wait. That is crazy talk. Haha

These guys train to lay still, and SILENTLY for hours at a time waiting on their SPECIFIC target to cross their line of site and THEN all hell breaks loose.

1. They would not have fired on a target that was not their specific target.
2. The fact that these aliens were staring straight at them would have been scary as hell.
3. IF these soldiers reported this to command, you can bet your rear that is how it went down.
Period.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

2. The fact that these aliens were staring straight at them would have been scary as hell

1. The fact is that we don't know know if this actually happened.
2. If it actually did happen, we don't know that they were aliens since aliens are not really known to exist.
3. The fact is that your point is not an actual fact. Maybe it's a hypothetical fact.
4. They would have shot them just for fun. My cousins twin uncle's brother works with someone who is in the SAS and he said they would have shot at em. Case closed.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

They were reported as aliens, hence the terminology.

Also, you seem to have simply overlooked some of my previous statements such as; "this is most likely bogus" and "the question should be whether the journalist was selling a completely false story".

You continue to say that these soldiers would have shot these guys in spite of the testimony of several folks here who have explained this isn't so.

Been trolling long? You aren't very good at it. Pretty boring, really.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

That is absurd. They would not start an interstellar fight by doing something that stupid.

The only thing that does not add up to me is that they never accomplished the mission, and perhaps that was in fact their assignment...

They must have passed with flying colors!

What could be done is to get the names and then look into their Military histories...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

They do indeed exist. Most intelligent people would not fire upon them nor experience a fight or flight response. Perhaps you could take your fear down a notch or two to get balanced in reality.

Its like arguing with a blind person that stars exist.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

They do indeed exist. Most intelligent people would not fire upon them nor experience a fight or flight response. Perhaps you could take your fear down a notch or two to get balanced in reality.

Its like arguing with a blind person that stars exist.
maybe you have first hand experiences. I don't know. Unfortunately, for the rest of us, they are not known to be real.

If those things do exist, they do some pretty freaky things to people's privates. They need killing.

It's more like going to the psych ward and arguing with the residents out of sheer boredom.

edit on 29-4-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

They were reported as aliens, hence the terminology.

Also, you seem to have simply overlooked some of my previous statements such as; "this is most likely bogus" and "the question should be whether the journalist was selling a completely false story".

You continue to say that these soldiers would have shot these guys in spite of the testimony of several folks here who have explained this isn't so.

Been trolling long? You aren't very good at it. Pretty boring, really.

Sorry, yeah, I didn't read all your posts and don't plan on it. Just responding to your point there.

They would have shot at aliens. That's what I believe.

You seem to be the troll here, not me, and I am done responding to you because you are mean....and boring too.

edit on 29-4-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join