It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop cancelling my TV Shows!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I really seem to be loving the rant forum these days and I am so happy that ATS has such a forum.

Let me get this of my chest right now

STOP CANCELLING MY TV SHOWS!!!!!!
…. Mr. TV executive…

This keeps happening and its getting really annoying, I love a good TV show, I like strong story arc that flows throughout a series with mature themes, bags of action and more than just a hint of mystery.

But every time I find a TV show that I can really get into it gets cancelled after the first season.

Here is a list of shows that I have loved and then got cancelled after or during the first season.

• Flash Forward
• The Event
• Alcatraz
• Last resort
• Zero Hour

Now the last two have got me really annoyed both amazing shows Zero hour got cancelled after only 3 episodes because of poor ratings. But what the hell do you expect when you premier the show on Valentine’s day when nobody is really watching much TV, not only that they put it on at the same time as “Big bang Theory” currently the biggest show on TV.

And now, I have found a new show, Defiance, thankfully it’s NOT on ABC so I hope that they keep it on

Rant over.

edit on 24-4-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
sorry but all those shows suck... but the big bang theory sucks more then all of them combined so I would vote to cancel it and bring back all your other shows for you.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
defiance is on scfi where I live

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by catt3

same i meant to say it was not on ABC

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Jericho, long live Jericho

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

FIREFLY

Sorry, had to be the first.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This is why I don't watch current tv.

I like to wait till a shows been on a few seasons. Then have a lazy Saturday Netflix or YouTube marathon.

Thanks to Heff, Beezzer, and others....I recently got addicted to The Walking Dead.....curse them!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
And for the aged Brits.

SAPPHIRE & STEEL

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Defiance is tied into an MMORPG so I see it more likely to succeed even if it's crap.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Defiance is tied into an MMORPG so I see it more likely to succeed even if it's crap.

Actually, MMOFPS. And I've been playing it since day one. Pretty fun game, especially if you like "Borderlands".

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas
And for the aged Brits.

SAPPHIRE & STEEL

Class i haven't thought of that for years

Must find an episode to watch as soon as.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Just heard that Futurama is being cancelled as well, gggrrr.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
i enjoyed no ordinary family which was only 1 of the american series i actually watched from start to finish and then found out online its been cancelled after 1 season........its like what was the point?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The Sarah Connor Chronicles!

Sooo under rated and they were about to crack the nut on a story line that would have COMPLETED the Terminator universe of story soooo perfectly...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I'm with you...on Flash Forward anyway.

I live in the UK and I find it so frustrating, that I get into a programme, only to have a second season never materialise.

Anyone know if Terra Nova is getting a second season?

I'm guessing not, I really hope Revolution gets a second season (a proper one, I don't mean the four month break thing), because if it doesn't,then that is my career in watching American television over!

Ok, I'm done...carry on people.

link   

Originally posted by spinladen
The Sarah Connor Chronicles!

That and "Stargate: Universe". Best Stargate series of them all, and one of the best sci-fi shows ever created.

link   

Originally posted by RedShirt73
Just heard that Futurama is being cancelled as well, gggrrr.

I think i might just smash up my TV right how

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I wish they would've kept Survivors going on BBC, sucks they canceled that a few years ago. The Walking Dead is the only show I watch on TV, aside from the occasional History Channel shows and The Ultimate Fighter. If they cancel any of those I'd be pissed. Aside from those shows TV sucks, my 400 Youtube subscriptions give me better content to watch.

What type of content do you like? I can probably recommend some Youtube channels I watch, you won't even bother with TV.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Good luck with defiance, Sci-fi is notorious for canceling shows.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
My tv always spews out crap. I might just throw it down the road and watch paint dry instead!. 50 channels or so and cant find anything worth watching. And when i do its 20 years old on UK Gold.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join