It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop cancelling my TV Shows!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Hey I grew up in the 60's and 70's and I'm still mad they cancelled the original Dark Shadows. I would race home everyday just to watch that show.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
best was the stargate series for me... i really hope they will get another go!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by spinladen
The Sarah Connor Chronicles!

That and "Stargate: Universe". Best Stargate series of them all, and one of the best sci-fi shows ever created.

Awww i LOVED that show. did he kill himself at the end? did he fix the hyper sleep chamber so he could Survive?

These questions hunt my dreams

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedShirt73
Just heard that Futurama is being cancelled as well, gggrrr.

Now excuse me, while I gently weep into my pillow. I didn't think they would rip my heart out again so soon.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Awww i LOVED that show. did he kill himself at the end? did he fix the hyper sleep chamber so he could Survive?

These questions hunt my dreams

I'm sure he fixed the stasis chamber. When that show came out on DVD, I watched it three times in a row. And I hated when it ended each time.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I like the UK produced Sherlock with a slightly Aspergers looking gifted genius of a modern day Sherlock Holmes acted by an actor by the the name of Chumerbach. Two seasons only, and only a mere THREE episodes per season. It was great.

I guess all good things come to an end, even Dexter.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Here is a list of shows that I have loved and then got cancelled after or during the first season. • Flash Forward • The Event • Alcatraz • Last resort • Zero Hour

Mine are: Fringe, Chuck, The Secret Circle (I loathe high school kid drama, but this one just got to me), Caprica, 'V'
edit on 4/24/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
This is why I don't watch current tv.

I like to wait till a shows been on a few seasons. Then have a lazy Saturday Netflix or YouTube marathon.

Thanks to Heff, Beezzer, and others....I recently got addicted to The Walking Dead.....curse them!

And The Walking Dead won't be on again until NEXT October! I won't make it that long without it!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Sorry...but if they make no $$$...and have a small demographic...theyre gone. No matter what you think or want.

If you want to send the producers a few million $$$ to keep making these shows...go ahead. Good luck with that.

It never was about viewers liking shows...its about buying the products advertised ON those shows.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I know there are two shows I was pretty sad to see cancelled. The first one was "Harrys Law." It really seemed to touch on a lot of real life issues, and I know many times I found myself thinking pretty hard about just how I really felt in terms of those issues. So, I liked that show for its realness.

The other show was "Lie to Me," Granted this show was a little more out there, but it did have some interesting ways of showing how lie detection can be done though gestures etc.. I also really liked how they tied in pictures of real life history or should I say real people that were caught doing the same thing.

i also have to agree that I miss "The Event" as well. I never really felt like it came to any conclusion. Just a cliff hanger for ever

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

maybe you could start watching ´revolution´ to fill the gap it´s almost as good as walking dead in my opinion no zombies thou but it is very very doomy .

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I get what you feel. I hate when a series in not closed properly, but finished after a season or a couple with a cliffhanger.

I haven´t watched series in a while, although twice I have been annoyed when a series is cancelled at a cliffhanger.

1) Heroes
2) Kyle XY

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Is no one going to mention John Doe?

Canceled after one season.

Also, Leverage, while it lasted 5 seasons and got the ending the creators wanted, was heartbreaking for me

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Twin Peaks forever!!!!

Fox destroyed David Lynch and Mark Frosts creative enthusiasm by forcing them to reveal Lauras killer way before time,and forcing an early and bitter end to one of my all time faves.

Thanks a freaking bunch Fox...
I hope the Owls get you.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I loved last resort, shame it got cancelled

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Maybe you could try reading some fiction instead of watching so much TV.

The beauty of a book is that it allows you to use your imagination more, it's not telling you what the locations/people look like. Books improve visualization. As well as that, you will also improve your vocabulary much more quickly that just watching plain ol' TV.

There are various other benefits as well, chief among them being you don't have to put up with retard mind manipulation adverts every 10 minutes.

Seriously, buy some books instead, you'll rant less!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by OratoryHeist

I read about 2 books a week so i dont think what you are saying really applies to me, I am a big book worm i would read more if i could

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OratoryHeist

Maybe you could try reading some fiction instead of watching so much TV.

The beauty of a book is that it allows you to use your imagination more, it's not telling you what the locations/people look like. Books improve visualization. As well as that, you will also improve your vocabulary much more quickly that just watching plain ol' TV.

There are various other benefits as well, chief among them being you don't have to put up with retard mind manipulation adverts every 10 minutes.

Seriously, buy some books instead, you'll rant less!

I cant read story books I think they are pointless always have done, I know people can read books my mum could go through 3 books a week but I certainly didn't inherit that trait, but in saying that I do love to read technical manuals

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Battlestar Galactica (both versions)
Boston Legal (long live Denny Crane!!!)
V
Fringe
Project UFO (series in the 70s based on Project Blue Book)
X Files
My list can go on and on, but it's early and those are off the top of my head.
I'm liking Defiance so far, but like someone else said, they will probably cancel it

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Your title.scared me, I thought for sure you were talking about scify's Continuum... Still not sure if there's gonna be a second season for that. I sure hope so... It's awesome... Sorry about your show. I wanna check out defiance for sure and was upset with THE EVENT ending for no apparent reason...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join